Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Lol having to make appeals to your own ultimatum.

Truly winners here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Everything's fine.

I checked to make sure Henry Kissinger was outliving Twitter.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

davecrazy posted:

Your home is this forum. Lowtax is your landlord emeritus.

pretty sure that contract ended the second he sold it and topped himself.

this is dumber then trump level poo poo in someways, least trump would have just waddled off or tried to flip it or blame others, this stupid gently caress keeps coming back for more.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

jeffreyw posted:

What is his definition of “winning”?

owning the libs probably

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Lol if Twitter collapses before Elon even manages to flee while throwing a sacrificial 'new ceo' at it.

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

In the span of saying "I know how to win" he's lost about six figgies in loan interest and server costs.

It's like John Coffey from the Green Mile except instead of cancer or bad vibes he's constantly spewing benjis out his mouth as they turn to dust and float into nothingness

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Everything's fine.

God drat it I got so excited when I saw Kissinger trending.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

lol at firing a bunch of people then having a ton more resign and then having to try and hire or re-hire people

all in two weeks

I really wanna see how Twitter breaks now.

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

On Facebook
https://twitter.com/iwriteok/status/1593395683712958464?s=46&t=zr1lcjGdJ3xx0eaebvSrmQ

Shroud
May 11, 2009

jeffreyw posted:

What is his definition of “winning”?

Having your baby mama leave you for Chelsea Manning, losing $100 billion in Tesla's market value, then watching $44 billion evaporate in a month.

But who are we to understand the strange wisdom of such a titan of industry?

bradburypancakes
Sep 9, 2014

hmm. hmmmmmmmm
I’ve got a friend at Twitter who resigned, but they haven’t gotten around to revoking their slack access yet.

Some team called “core-services” literally has 5 people left in it

Gros Tarla
Dec 30, 2008

Codependent Poster posted:

lol at firing a bunch of people then having a ton more resign and then having to try and hire or re-hire people

all in two weeks

I really wanna see how Twitter breaks now.

I think worse case, we hit the expire cert in 24 days.

Probably won't make it there at this rate though.

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022
Don’t worry guys, NBC confirmed Esther is still there

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

The employees should simply eat Elon

RDM
Apr 6, 2009

I LOVE FINLAND AND ESPECIALLY FINLAND'S MILITARY ALLIANCES, GOOGLE FINLAND WORLD WAR 2 FOR MORE INFORMATION SLAVA UKRANI
I'm pretty sure the employees know how to win too. They got twice what their Twitter stock was worth and now they're getting 3 months severance from the same guy.

Haulin rear end and gettin paid

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

Gros Tarla posted:

I think worse case, we hit the expire cert in 24 days.

Probably won't make it there at this rate though.

Really kind of hoping we make it to that because I think it would be the funniest thing if he sees it coming and yet can’t stop it because he fired the people who knew how to solve it. Also that he unbans trump the day before

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

https://twitter.com/hankgreen/status/1593420677196849153

confused
Oct 3, 2003

It's just business.
I guess there is some karmic justice in the fact that when Twitter goes down Musk won't be able to post a snarky tweet about it.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

https://twitter.com/kashanacauley/status/1593398286710603776

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

May it be as the snows of yesteryear, gone from this earth.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
3 months severance is all fine and well until their is no cashflow and the checks bounce.

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

The game is rigged, the only way to win is to not play... *hangs up*

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Steadiman posted:

Really kind of hoping we make it to that because I think it would be the funniest thing if he sees it coming and yet can’t stop it because he fired the people who knew how to solve it. Also that he unbans trump the day before

There's no way he'll see it coming. He'll be completely blindsided, then blame Extreme Left Anarchists for Cancelling his site. And/Or sue a former engineer.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

davecrazy posted:

3 months severance is all fine and well until their is no cashflow and the checks bounce.

what would you suggest instead?

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1593416104038146048

https://twitter.com/MichaelGuimarin/status/1593418898447028225

Don’t worry, the $8 idiot squad is on call

JaneError
Feb 4, 2016

how would i even breathe on the moon?
https://twitter.com/budrykzack/status/1593422805168693255?s=46&t=TmkCKUBXjGgjJDIqXhZUdg

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Steering wheel! Hey! Steering wheel! Someone tell him to give it to me!
Can't believe when he said comedy is legal on twitter he was right...

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Hardcastlemccormik posted:

Don’t worry guys, NBC confirmed Esther is still there

This gives me an idea. Should the assessment for whether or not Twitter is dead be measured in Esthers?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

davecrazy posted:

I mean staying isn't going to improve that.

Spoggerific
May 28, 2009

Machiavelli posted:

It ought to be remembered that there is nothing more difficult to take in hand, more perilous to conduct, or more uncertain in its success, than to take the lead in the introduction of a new order of things. Because the innovator has for enemies all those who have done well under the old conditions, and lukewarm defenders in those who may do well under the new. This coolness arises partly from fear of the opponents, who have the laws on their side, and partly from the incredulity of men, who do not readily believe in new things until they have had a long experience of them.

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

Three months of paid time off during the big holiday season and not having to work for Elon Musk is a hell of a deal.

Elon completely forgot people want to spend this time of year with their families.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

sure okay posted:

Close man, but the word is "lose." You're "losing" a small fortune.

Taking an 8 dollar entry free for people to watch you burn a giant money pit isn't "making" money. It's net negative bro

Lmao dude, don't be actually dumber than Elon. This is a very old joke used in a broad variety of contexts. Phrasing it as lose undoes the format of the the joke.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Oh, he's definitely going to gently caress him

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022

ImpAtom posted:

I mean staying isn't going to improve that.

Yeah however many weeks you’re going to get in severance, better than working at the nightmare that’s about to unfold next week

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

lol.... LOL

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
“Self taught infrastructure engineer”, what the gently caress does that even mean

These bootlicks are loving pathetic

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022

Spoggerific posted:

Machiavelli quote

Pray tell what exactly was Musk’s bold new vision for Twitter outside of uhhh alienating advertisers, making Twitter Blue incoherent, making a workplace so toxic it chased everyone way, etc etc

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

Yeah however many weeks you’re going to get in severance, better than working at the nightmare that’s about to unfold next week

In fact, taking severance RIGHT NOW increases your chances of getting anything before they're completely bankrupt in a few weeks.

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Number One I order you to take a number two.

How have Elon's DMs not been leaked by any one of the many disgruntled former or even current employees?

WHY NOT DONE?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Pray tell what exactly was Musk’s bold new vision for Twitter outside of uhhh alienating advertisers, making Twitter Blue incoherent, making a workplace so toxic it chased everyone way, etc etc

It's called "winning"