Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Not watching yet. Still on kid duty but 5 combined shots through 10 minutes of hockey makes this game seem dire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Leafs top guys look pretty loving good to me this game, they certainly seem up for it

Kale
May 14, 2010

Habs looking like they're going to get shut out possibly.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

it's in the mighty hands of steel
Fun Shoe
Sweet wraparound by Buchnevich there.

I wish they'd just done the regular "original" Blues sweaters instead of these gold-centric versions. I genuinely liked the Reverse Retro sweaters last year, when they reversed the old 1995 - 1997 uniforms that finally added the color you need for a team called the Blues: red. I don't know; maybe I'm not a fan of gold.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
I've got to say I'm getting pretty loving sick and tired of the completely one sided officiating against the Stars this year. In 16 games so far the Stars opponent has had more PP opportunities than Dallas in 12 of them, and this game against Florida is going to make 13 as the Refs feed the Pathers PP's to get them back in the contest. Of the remaining 4 contests in 2 of them both teams had the same number of chances.

It's loving bullshit. Doesn't seem to matter who's controlling play in the game, what the score is or anything else. Dallas is getting hard hosed by the referees this year and it's cost them a bunch of points.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Even the refs are getting hurt in Columbus.

Kale
May 14, 2010

I'll take it. :siren:

Credit where it's due considering the kind of game Harris has been having up to that point.

Kale fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Nov 18, 2022

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Not watching yet. Still on kid duty but 5 combined shots through 10 minutes of hockey makes this game seem dire

On pace for the typical 5 shot Pens period.

Pens really can't generate poo poo for shots this year.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

T-Bone posted:

Leafs top guys look pretty loving good to me this game, they certainly seem up for it

The Leafs have looked really good for like 15 minutes of game time straight now and they barely have a shot on goal to show for it.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Hand Knit posted:

The Leafs have looked really good for like 15 minutes of game time straight now and they barely have a shot on goal to show for it.

it's weird seeing a Devils team with good sticks/dawareness, been like 10 years

This game should probably be even or 1 up for the Leafs, Devils are playing alright and getting some pretty great chances in transition though

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Oh poo poo Wedgewood grabbing at his lower back

Like a week and a half after Oettinger got hurt

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

the leafs forecheck pretty hard but the devils have been good in their own zone.

this is a good hockey game so far, I hope the refs will chill and let it play out in the 3rd

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

EvilBlackRailgun posted:

Oh poo poo Wedgewood grabbing at his lower back

Like a week and a half after Oettinger got hurt

this does not look good.. now he's lying on his back in a spread angle type posture completely still

here comes the stretcher.. I couldn't see any blow that would have caused a spine injury... I wonder what it is

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Fire Laviolette this is awful

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Beautiful passing play

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Ginette Reno posted:

Beautiful passing play

Blueger owns

Kale
May 14, 2010

Buzzer beater :woop:

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
caps are looking pretty lost tonight against a team that is on the back end of a b2b

Kale
May 14, 2010

Xhekaj definitely fell over on his own on that exchange.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Yeah I'm hoping his return can fix the bottom six somewhat.

Pens look fairly good tonight. Not spectacular or anything, but it's a start.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Ginette Reno posted:

On pace for the typical 5 shot Pens period.

Pens really can't generate poo poo for shots this year.

Spreadsheet makes 5v5 look insanely low event and that the Pens were a bit lucky to get away with their PK.

Also interested to note Petry/PoJ have the most 5v5 ice time and near the top I've times with Pettersson also sneaking in as all situations. Rutta had like 4 minutes all situation. Love to spend nearly 3 million per on him.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Side note but I love the Wild retros. The North Stars jerseys have long been one of my favorites. They're obviously still using the Wild logo tonight but the color scheme rules. I love that look.

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Spreadsheet makes 5v5 look insanely low event and that the Pens were a bit lucky to get away with their PK.

Also interested to note Petry/PoJ have the most 5v5 ice time and near the top I've times with Pettersson also sneaking in as all situations. Rutta had like 4 minutes all situation. Love to spend nearly 3 million per on him.

The nice thing is that (at least so far) our entire top six has a nice xgoals tonight. Seems like Rakell has stabilized the top line and Rust has not hurt Malkin's.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

T-Bone posted:

The Leafs top guys looking good but not scoring at 5 on 5 is the story of the team so far for 75% of their games. The rest of the time they look like poo poo too.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Justin Holl can gently caress right off but also Marner just can’t stop giving the puck up at his own blueline this season

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Jack goes into the corner for the first time all game, immediately gets his head slammed against the glass

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
https://twitter.com/Chris_Krenn/sta...s1_c10&ref_url=

thanks francophones

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
The Devils have looked a step faster for the last like 20 mins of this game but they also haven't had many good scoring chances either.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
bad penalty to take when you're dominating the period

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

severson god drat it

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
lol Penguins how

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Ginette Reno posted:

lol Penguins how

:lol:
loving clownshoes

.Spec
Oct 4, 2001

LOL

Penguins

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

:siren: Congrats to KJ on getting to help his favorite player growing up set up a tic-tac-goal scoring play. :siren:

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Lmao stars I swear to god if you let the panthers back in this

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

lol at Boqvist just bodily moving Sandin out of the way, that pairing is so drat sad

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
gently caress that would have been such a nasty goal by Hischier

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

omg Nico that would've been loving hot as gently caress

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Note for Sheldon Keefe: 4 forwards plus Rielly is actually 5 forwards, and it looks like poo poo if the puck ever goes the other way

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

:siren: KEEP THE LEAD THIS TIME ASSHOLES :siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

devils dominating play aaaand mcleod takes a delay of game lol