Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
So, universal health care then?

https://twitter.com/AP/status/1593352048627556358

Oh, this is literally all you're going to do about it, huh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Yeah, they know they're not alone. Doesn't really help!

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
Weird rear end way to describe long rear end wait times for services

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
Pete Buttigieg, the Department of Transportation, and the cast of The West Wing are teaming up to tell you You Are Traffic

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

I feel car VROOOOOOM!

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

PostNouveau posted:

lol yeah this poo poo is really just a clever way to victim-blame

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

PostNouveau posted:

lmao "we see you. we hear you." not testing well anymore so they changed it up

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

PostNouveau posted:

lmbo

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

C-SPAM > [succ] That's pretty gangster.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
if you want to get angry:

https://twitter.com/TheProblem/status/1593367710041260034

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

:chloe:

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007

Koishi Komeiji posted:

When pelosi says she enjoyed working with 3 of 4 presidents she is implying Obama was the bad one because he's black.

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007

Zvahl posted:

hakeem jeffries should be any young person's sign that the democrats not only do not consider their mistakes mistakes, but are actively hateful towards anything that doesn't resemble reagan era economic policy

instead the same idiots who voted for biden and their oohrah blue wave of 2022 which totally happened and was amazing and important even though they lost will quack about how he's the first black person there when he's eventually speaker because all that matters to them is identity politics, the same way all that matters to the republicans is yapping about jesus

death to america

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007

Uncle Wemus posted:

"Another world is possible, but it can only be built through a collective struggle that Obama no longer sees as necessary."

God drat I hate the obamas

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
you are not alone. everyone around you is also poor, sick, desperate, and depressed with no way out. vote!

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

wow I wonder why she lost

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Llliiiibbbbssss

https://twitter.com/AmoneyResists/status/1588410915623665664?s=20&t=Q_FsOCEJbjBc3EH953KbUQ

Old Woman Island
Feb 21, 2011

mastershakeman posted:

Library sent an email they've spent months of "work" finalizing a land acknowledgment with the aid of the local elite university's official native American inclusion person

I liked this phrase
We acknowledge and honor the original people of this land, as well as the Indigenous people that still call this area home, and support their continued work for justice, self-determination, and sovereignty. In so doing, we honor Indigenous protocol, and remind ourselves and our community that land acknowledgements do not exist in the past tense.”

Do not exist in the past tense? Ok. So you're saying you're ... Doing nothing. And will continue to do so?

I've always liked the phrase we have here in aus (not part of a land acknowledgement but just generally)

Always was, always will be, Aboriginal land.

Do the indigenous Americans have anything similar?

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

John Stewart asks two foxes how necessary chicken wire is for a henhouse

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

Filthy Hans posted:

John Stewart asks two foxes how necessary chicken wire is for a henhouse

"accidentally" horny metaphor

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Hillary came Hillary saw

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Willa Rogers posted:

Democrats won among Black, Hispanic and Asian and Pacific Islander voters in the 2022 midterms, while the majority of white voters and Native Americans went for Republicans, according to exit polls conducted by major networks and Edison Research.

But compared to the 2018 midterms, Hispanic and Asian support for the GOP jumped 10 and 17 points respectively, while Black voters shifted about 4 points to the right. When contrasted with 2020 — a presidential election year fueled by a push to remove former President Donald Trump from office — the movement in favor of Republicans is in the single digits.

Nothing to worry about Willa we got this on lock yall

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Lol goddamn

In Becoming, Obama dismisses Wright’s experiences and viewpoints as him “careening through callous and inappropriate fits of rage and resentment at white America, as if white people were to blame for every woe.” She accuses him of viewing “race through a lens of cranky mistrust.” Wright and older African Americans, she says, became “cranky” because of legal strictures of segregation that gave rise to a “narrow mindedness” in matters regarding race. Obama goes on to conflate the bitterness of older African Americans with the racism of older white people, such as Barack Obama’s white grandmother who felt afraid of Black men on the streets. That fear, she writes, “was a reminder of how our country’s distortions about race could be two-sided—that the suspicion and stereotyping ran both ways.”

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Clip-On Fedora posted:

Yeah, they know they're not alone. Doesn't really help!

more specifically, people will have to group with >20 roommates in tinier apartments to afford rent as time goes on, and the already not-exactly-soundproof walls with adjacent units are going to get cheaper and thinner, then for most people kitchens and bathrooms will become communal, except not in a commie way from Caves of Steel, like the first floor will be a McDonald's kitchen-and-bathroom

galenanorth has issued a correction as of 14:38 on Nov 18, 2022

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

The speed and ease at which Obama dumpstered his longtime friend and mentor (he took the phrase Audacity of Hope from Wright) should have been a real clue to 2008 lib me but instead I was like "yay now that Obama disowned the bad man that means the Republicans can't attack him for it anymore!"

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Nancy Pelosi is resigning so the boomers can take over control. Those youngsters.

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2022/11/17/us/election-news-results

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

I tried to watch the Stewart interview and couldn't get through 30 seconds. gently caress Clinton and gently caress Stewart for giving her a platform. I don't know what ghoulish insight Rice had to contribute but gently caress her too

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Does china not have a single satellite capable of vaporizing a podcast studio

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

tonight i interview two war criminals and losers on how necessary it is to commit war crimes

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

is pepsi ok posted:

The speed and ease at which Obama dumpstered his longtime friend and mentor (he took the phrase Audacity of Hope from Wright) should have been a real clue to 2008 lib me but instead I was like "yay now that Obama disowned the bad man that means the Republicans can't attack him for it anymore!"

2008 me was as bad as anybody i've ever insulted here and probably worse tbh

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Zvahl posted:

mystes
May 31, 2006

PostNouveau posted:

I assume this is "seek help" like "you think Biden sucks? You must be mentally ill"

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

is pepsi ok posted:

Same. At the time I defended it as a smart political move. These days it seems craven. Wright was correct.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
You know, we need a new succ dem in congress who's goated with the juggs to take over for the dessicated husk of pelosi....

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот
hakeem jugfries

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Healthcare pls

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

we're not doing healthcare now

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

DON'T TALK WHILE YOU'RE loving EATING

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

Zvahl posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Zvahl posted:

IMO the big difference is that left-wing views were basically invisible back then, so you usually just defaulted to liberal views unless you had some specific counter-culture identity.

Now there are a bunch of people airing left-wing views openly (at least in places like the forums - this is obviously far less true for older people), so being a liberal requires directly rejecting such ideas after seeing others argue them.