Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

gonna be good times on kf coming up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Many things in life are funny, but none of them reach the hilarity of hearing a lawyer asking AJ for the receipts for his crackpot theories about the CIA and the Las Vegas shooting.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Dan probably not feeling better about bray Wyatt finally having a confrontation with another wrestler who ends up being LA Knight. For the non-wrestling fans Knight is very much a Harrison-tier guy on the wwe smackdown roster.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Someone on the kf reddit made this:

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I ordered my buttons around lunch time the day that episode aired, and I just got them in the mail yesterday. So if your'e patiently waiting for buttons I'm sure they'll show up eventually.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

Antigravitas posted:

Someone on the kf reddit made this:

I might need to frame this

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

ILL Machina posted:

I might need to frame this

It’s going in my text group,at least…

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!
Youngevity sounds like a scam company in an absurd satire.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
It's such a pleasing word to say and look at, though. It pisses me off when these dumb-dumbs chip a good turn of phrase out of their bullshit sand traps.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

The joke about Jordan being immune to all infectious diseases whooshed right over my head.

Is this related to Jordan being raised in that cult? That would fit with the cavernous pause and Dan saying something about "the Chosen One".

I only know the vaguest outlines of Jordan's background, and I don't even know how much of it I want to know.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

Xiahou Dun posted:

The joke about Jordan being immune to all infectious diseases whooshed right over my head.

Is this related to Jordan being raised in that cult? That would fit with the cavernous pause and Dan saying something about "the Chosen One".

I only know the vaguest outlines of Jordan's background, and I don't even know how much of it I want to know.

Yes, it's a cult thing. Jordan may have been loving around, but he says 'Chosen One' is literally on his birth certificate.

Firstscion
Apr 11, 2008

Born Lucky

Unless the other Jordan is the Chosen One

Cat Puke
Apr 15, 2017
I'm getting mixed messages about whether or not Dan belongs in the water.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Xiahou Dun posted:

I don’t think he's ever gotten super deep into his history, but in one of the Q&A episodes they did he said they were "Christian Scientists " type of church where instead of taking medicine from a doctor you'd just pray for God to heal you from the flu. Another family had a child die because instead of treating something serious by going to a Dr. they tried to pray the sickness away. After that church they were in disbanded (dont remember if there were any charges filed) but it sounds like his parents are still very religious and conservative.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Your Gay Uncle posted:

I don’t think he's ever gotten super deep into his history, but in one of the Q&A episodes they did he said they were "Christian Scientists " type of church where instead of taking medicine from a doctor you'd just pray for God to heal you from the flu. Another family had a child die because instead of treating something serious by going to a Dr. they tried to pray the sickness away. After that church they were in disbanded (dont remember if there were any charges filed) but it sounds like his parents are still very religious and conservative.

Ah okay, that fleshes it out enough that I get it as a joke.

Thanks a mill.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Finished the last episode in the back catalog I had left.

Listened to every episode. Don't know what I'll do moving forward with my life and I don't know what I learned from it but what a wild ride.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
You can start from the beginning again and know how things will turn out, which will give you a valua… a perspective.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Digital Jedi posted:

Finished the last episode in the back catalog I had left.

Listened to every episode. Don't know what I'll do moving forward with my life and I don't know what I learned from it but what a wild ride.

Now start listening to the back episodes of behind the bastards, know your enemy, minion death cult and i don’t speak german

:getin:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

rotinaj posted:

Now start listening to the back episodes of behind the bastards, know your enemy, minion death cult and i don’t speak german

:getin:

and Qanon Anonymous. Just fully melt every last neuron

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Qanon I already listen to since the start.

BtB I listened for a while but I just can't stand Robert Evans anymore.

Think I'm going with ALAB since they just did an episode on Jones and I enjoyed it

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?
Is QAA a good listen if you like BTB and KF? I've listened to a few of their combined episodes on both sides but never felt compelled to check out their full podcast.

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009

LASER BEAM DREAM posted:

Is QAA a good listen if you like BTB and KF? I've listened to a few of their combined episodes on both sides but never felt compelled to check out their full podcast.

I like it but I've heard some goons say that it's boring. If you've been listening to Knowledge Fight you may be too caught up on the QAnon stuff to be interested in hearing their episodes that just cover news updatess, but they do special series and research topics too. I really liked Episode 197 about the New Age TikTok Rabbithole. That did melt my brain a little though.

Also they do skits, although not as many as they used to, so those will be hit or miss depending on how much you like intentionally dumb reference comedy.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Parakeet vs. Phone posted:

Also they do skits, although not as many as they used to, so those will be hit or miss depending on how much you like intentionally dumb reference comedy.

Yea, the skits are very to each their own taste.

I think in the early days when Q was much more prominent and active it was great. They had so much stuff to get into.

Still think it's pretty good podcast but some of it can be hit or miss

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Digital Jedi posted:

Yea, the skits are very to each their own taste.

I think in the early days when Q was much more prominent and active it was great. They had so much stuff to get into.

Still think it's pretty good podcast but some of it can be hit or miss

Yeah, annoyingly and it makes sense, but the bonus episodes are generally better than the mainline ones. I would check out the episode about JD Spears and if you Love it check out the rest.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

The QAA episode about the crazy guy who played Jesus in the The Passion got me and I have been listening ever since.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
That was Jim Caviezel

Digital Jedi posted:

Anyone who watched Person of Interest might be interested in listening to the latest episode of QanonAnonymous Podcast to find out how batshit insane Jim Caviezel is these days.

Highlights (only 30minutes into it) include:
On set of the Passion of Christ he told the showrunner he 'technically' is Jesus
During PoI he caused the dog to bite him and they had to replace that dog
He got banned from driving any car after he drove through a red light and almost hit 5 pedestrians because 'his character wouldn't of stopped at it'
He got mad when they switched to CGI for gun fights instead of blanks because the crew didn't trust him

https://soundcloud.com/qanonanonymous/episode-143-jim-caviezel-enter-the-cavortex-feat-dave-anthony

Edit: Given the name of the podcast Caviezel is a believer into all the child trafficking's conspiracies and adrenochrome stuff.

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

I’m a bit surprised by the lukewarm opinions on QAA, it’s very good IMO. Q not being very active anymore isn’t really a problem, it’s always been more of a general conspiracy and right wing loon podcast with special emphasis on QAnon. The Jake stories (I don’t think skits is really the right word for them) are the only hit or miss thing, and they definitely hit for me sometimes. They’re pretty much always the last thing in the episode so you can just stop it early if they’re not your cup of tea.

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

The QAA episode about the crazy guy who played Jesus in the The Passion got me and I have been listening ever since.

This is a really good entry point I think. Episode 143: Jim Caviezel: Enter The Cavortex feat Dave Anthony.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
There's this website called playphrase where you can type in whatever and it will just fire back a bunch of clips from movie and tv that contain it. I typed in Alex Jones and all of the clips were from this movie Prisoners. It's the name of Paul Dano's character. I got a chuckle out of

"...unfortunately Alex Jones has the IQ of a ten year old."

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

LionYeti posted:

Yeah, annoyingly and it makes sense, but the bonus episodes are generally better than the mainline ones. I would check out the episode about JD Spears and if you Love it check out the rest.

I also really enjoy QAA, and yeah, the JD Spears episode is really good (and like the Jim Caviezel episode, also has Dave Anthony on as a guest).

Now that I think about it, between KF and QAA, Dave's a good barometer for how a slightly more normal person reacts to some of the batshit stuff that we regular listeners are pretty used to at this point

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Tree Dude posted:

There's this website called playphrase where you can type in whatever and it will just fire back a bunch of clips from movie and tv that contain it. I typed in Alex Jones and all of the clips were from this movie Prisoners. It's the name of Paul Dano's character. I got a chuckle out of

"...unfortunately Alex Jones has the IQ of a ten year old."

That's a really great movie, check it out if you haven't already. Also has Jake Gyllenhaal and Hugh Jackson

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

Your Gay Uncle posted:

That's a really great movie, check it out if you haven't already. Also has Jake Gyllenhaal and Hugh Jackson

I filled in a few Villeneuve gaps around the time Dune came out. Dark as hell and a tough watch but great, yea.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

Are there any sort of takeaways that you all got for how to approach a friend that's deep into rightwing conspiracy nonsense, for example antivax poo poo? I've got an idiot friend that thought being in shape was good enough defense against COVID so I'm assuming he's a roganite

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Mauser posted:

Are there any sort of takeaways that you all got for how to approach a friend that's deep into rightwing conspiracy nonsense, for example antivax poo poo? I've got an idiot friend that thought being in shape was good enough defense against COVID so I'm assuming he's a roganite

It's basically cult deprogramming, but it's impossible to remove them from the cult because it's half the political spectrum in the country and makes billions in profit so it's hugely more complicated than normal.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

yeah, i tried telling him that I am a public health professional and this is a thing i work on, but he definitely knows better than me, selling real estate in WV. gently caress

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
Taking up more time in their lives than the conspiracies is the only, often unavailable, option.

That or :sever:

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
QAA is worth the listen because they do actual foot work. I ain’t going out and interviewing any goddam MAGA psychopaths. I’m probably their intended demographic (irritable/middle-aged/white/male/atheist, etc), but I will say they do need to dial the weird atheist snarky dad humor down quite a bit. The impressions guy is fun!

Also, I’m glad I’m not the only one that groups podcasts in his head like old Geocities rings. Would we include Opening Arguments? They’ve had positive interactions and you get a shot of law-talk juice every week, which I find I like after listening to the depositions.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Mauser posted:

I had a friend who went all-in on COVID stuff early in the pandemic and after we played dueling articles I became extremely patient with him and went through why the thing he was showing me isn't showing me what he/the person whose article he's reading is saying. I read everything he sent me and then I just engaged with the text without resorting to attacks or calling anything stupid or sending him rebutting articles. It was all like, "ok so I read this and I think I know where he went wrong. He says this says x, y and z, but he's mistaken because..." He eventually realized that he was just trying to find *an* answer to COVID that was more than it was but it was. It was a lot of work and patience but I got there.

Ironically, I learned it by treating his articles exactly how Dan treats Alex.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Marsupial Ape posted:

QAA is worth the listen because they do actual foot work. I ain’t going out and interviewing any goddam MAGA psychopaths. I’m probably their intended demographic (irritable/middle-aged/white/male/atheist, etc), but I will say they do need to dial the weird atheist snarky dad humor down quite a bit. The impressions guy is fun!

Also, I’m glad I’m not the only one that groups podcasts in his head like old Geocities rings. Would we include Opening Arguments? They’ve had positive interactions and you get a shot of law-talk juice every week, which I find I like after listening to the depositions.

Personally, no. Both Andrew and especially Thomas (on separate occasions) have gotten really salty over a couple of Jordan's Twitter takes and complained about them over in the OpenArgs FB group. I don't know if JorDan have seen any of the comments they've made, but they probably shouldn't have anything more to do with them.

The GAM/CogDis guys, you can definitely include them though

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Shinji2015 posted:

Personally, no. Both Andrew and especially Thomas (on separate occasions) have gotten really salty over a couple of Jordan's Twitter takes and complained about them over in the OpenArgs FB group. I don't know if JorDan have seen any of the comments they've made, but they probably shouldn't have anything more to do with them.

The GAM/CogDis guys, you can definitely include them though

I mean, they've been on each other's shows and seem pretty friendly. Jordan's entire Twitter existence is causing people to be salty, Andrew and Thomas are the kinds of guys who like to get salty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bill Brasky
Apr 13, 2008

It sounds like Dan got a bit salty about Jordan’s twitter during their trip to Austin. I think Jordan acknowledged that going cold turkey on medical marijuana made him a bit irritable on twitter.