Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was the lowest point of the Simpson
Homer Votes
Harlem Shake
Keisha Tik Tok intro
Homer Live
Lisa Goes Gaga
Other (please specify)
View Results

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Outpost22 posted:

Can't wait to see Grandpa Simpson have a flashback to when he was a new recruit fighting in Afghanistan.

This episode is dedicated to the brave Mujahedeen fighters of Afghanistan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
Just had a thought. They haven't really done much with Dr. Hibbert's wife as a character and she's been present in the series for how long? She probably has a name but has any one ever uttered it on screen? Her purple shoulder pad power suit has gone in and out of fashion at least a few times during the run, I'm sure.

Right now? It's in.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Just had a thought. They haven't really done much with Dr. Hibbert's wife as a character and she's been present in the series for how long? She probably has a name but has any one ever uttered it on screen? Her purple shoulder pad power suit has gone in and out of fashion at least a few times during the run, I'm sure.

Right now? It's in.

Her name is Bernice but that probably is a question that would stump a lot of fans. A quick search in Frinkiac only comes up with two episodes where that name is mentioned: Homer vs. the 18th Amendment from season 8 and Treehouse of Horror XVI from season 17.

Capital Letdown
Oct 5, 2006
i still cant fix red text avs someone tell me the bbcode for that im an admin and dont know this lmao
Well, if Hibbert is a Cosby gag, I guess its harder to run Mrs. Huxtable gags?

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
this is the only scene with her I specifically remember

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Empty Sandwich posted:

this is the only scene with her I specifically remember

that and this from the beer baron episode

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

J-Spot posted:

Her name is Bernice but that probably is a question that would stump a lot of fans. A quick search in Frinkiac only comes up with two episodes where that name is mentioned: Homer vs. the 18th Amendment from season 8 and Treehouse of Horror XVI from season 17.

She was also called Sylvia very early on but she was never referred to by name on the show and then like 6 years after her first appearnce this scene happened

Whorelord posted:

and she got a new name.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Whorelord posted:

Good thing this was labeled, otherwise I'd wonder if it was a deleted scene from grandpa's potion episode

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Sentient Data posted:

Good thing this was labeled, otherwise I'd wonder if it was a deleted scene from grandpa's potion episode

hibbert was a Cosby reference after all

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
In the new one, Duff is holding an election for a new mascot (the options given include Woketopus, a social justice octopus, and Helen Mirran). Homer is very invested in Duffman winning the election. Duffman attempts to raise his numbers with women by spraying beer at them at various women's bars, but they all turn out to be non-bar places with misleadingly malfunctioning signs. He lies about having a daughter to deflect from the sexism charges and the reporters demand to see a picture of her. He scrolls through his phone and comes up with a photo of himself with young Lisa.

Lisa and Homer go to his house to confront him and learn he does have a real daughter, but they're estranged because he started cheating on his wife when he became Duffman. Duffman is impressed by Lisa and decides Homer must be a great dad so he asks Homer for fathering advice. Homer convenes a meeting of Springfield's dads at a sexist restaurant (PF Thongs -- lots of sexist food name jokes). Homer, Lisa, and Duffman drive up to see his daughter. They rope in Lisa by promising to take her to the Agatha Christie Museum, but they stop off at a mascot fan convention and blow too much time and miss it and Lisa gets pissed off at Homer, making Duffman realize Homer sucks and bails on him.

Duffman and his daughter (Aubrey Plaza) reconcile, and he quits his job to become Puffman, the mascot for his daughter's weed store.

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

Holy moly

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Finally after we learned comic book guys sexual kinks we get Duffman’s sexual history

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Can't wait for the deep dive into the background of that Italian pizza chef next season

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I thought I had heard that the Simpsons had suddenly and inexplicably gotten better this season

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

I Love Loosies
Jan 4, 2013

Data Graham posted:

I thought I had heard that the Simpsons had suddenly and inexplicably gotten better this season

Better compared to like season 17

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013
Jesus Christ are they still making plots around loving duffman?

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Zeniel posted:

in this case it's a plot around Duffman loving

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Zeniel posted:

Ohhhhhhhh yeeeeeeaaaaaah

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/mattselman/status/1591962717518462976

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I don't get what the joke is there.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Data Graham posted:

Among the 23-25 bad seasons, this one certainly is in the top 10 or 20

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Das Boo posted:

I don't get what the joke is there.

It's in the corner

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

PostNouveau posted:

Homer is very invested in Duffman winning the election. Duffman attempts to raise his numbers with women by spraying beer at them at various women's bars, but they all turn out to be non-bar places with misleadingly malfunctioning signs. He lies about having a daughter to deflect from the sexism charges and the reporters demand to see a picture of her. He scrolls through his phone and comes up with a photo of himself with young Lisa.

Lisa and Homer go to his house to confront him and learn he does have a real daughter, but they're estranged because he started cheating on his wife when he became Duffman.

:psyduck: Did I just imagine Duffman being gay? Someone has to have mentioned him being gay at some point, even if it was just speculation -- I can't imagine just coming up with that on my own.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Hahaha

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

YeahTubaMike posted:

:psyduck: Did I just imagine Duffman being gay? Someone has to have mentioned him being gay at some point, even if it was just speculation -- I can't imagine just coming up with that on my own.

Sure you're not thinking of Troy McClure and his thing with fish?

Prurient Squid
Jul 21, 2008

Tiddy cat Buddha improving your day.

Widget the World Watcher!

edit:

Hang on!

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

This is Rich Uncle Skeleton erasure.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Prurient Squid posted:

Widget the World Watcher!

edit:

Hang on!

Okay what the hell that's almost the same shade of purple even.

Also goddamn that's a theme song stuck in my head after all these years.

YeahTubaMike posted:

It has been mentioned that Duffman can never die, only the actors that play him.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Ghost Leviathan posted:

It has been mentioned that Duffman can never die, only the actors that play him.

The show opened with a montage of Duffman commercials through the years going back to the 50s, so yeah I think you're supposed to take it as different actors not a 90-year-old.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

My Octopus Teacher (is a liberal indoctrinator)

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Either Twitter is crashing even more than normal, or that was deleted. I’m thinking it’s more the first, given what Elong announced today.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

feedmegin posted:

Sure you're not thinking of Troy McClure and his thing with fish?

Oh, I definitely know about Troy McClure's fish fetish, lol :gonk:

Ghost Leviathan posted:

That would make his fluid sexuality make sense, but anyway, now that I'm awake enough to use Google like a normal person, I'm able to confirm that I didn't just hallucinate this:

quote:

Sexuality

Duffman (or rather, whichever actor was playing him at the time) was revealed to be bisexual and in a long term stable relationship with Grady. He had a fling with Booberella revealed in a behind the scenes interview that was a publicity stunt.

There's more, but I won't bore you all with the details.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Probably not quite the lowest point, but I've been watching some of the teens seasons and how about season 19 episode Little Big Girl.

Lisa is doing a project on her family's heritage, and since it's boring she decides to lie about being a member of the Native American "Hitachi Tribe". She makes a dress out of the corn curtains in the kitchen and wears a headband with a feather. Her report is a hit at school, and she keeps getting more and more acclaim until she finds herself headlining at some big nationwide tribal conference. At this point the guilt gets to her and she reveals that she made up the entire thing. Then everyone in the audience reveals that they're also lying about being Native American. "I'm Japanese!", "I've just been on vacation! [white person with a tan]" etc. Then back at home Homer reveals that his grandma actually was Native American.

It's like they made an entire episode with the sole objective of being lovely to Native Americans.

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON
they'll retcon this in ten seasons because "duffman says a lot of things"

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
It's so funny how post-classic Simpsons stuff aged far worse than the good stuff. The classic seasons aren't free of jokes that wouldn't fly today, but they have maybe a few instances per season and none are as bad as that.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

There's an Elizabeth Warren joke in there.

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

It's so funny how post-classic Simpsons stuff aged far worse than the good stuff. The classic seasons aren't free of jokes that wouldn't fly today, but they have maybe a few instances per season and none are as bad as that.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

I don't remember the exact details of this episode, but wasn't it at least be an earnest case of "kids being kids?" Unlike the more forced references in later seasons where they make the kids do things that were like memes from 2-3 years prior.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Yes, that was just kids having fun while the grownups were at church, I believe.