Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Ichabod Tane posted:

Bro what do you want here

I was just posting how I felt and that I didn't care about the lore explanation, so idk why it immediately invited "but the lore!" That's a valid position but I already said I don't care so??? I thought to myself when I was typing "someone is also going to make a boring rear end post with the least charitable interpretation of my point to score an epic dunk" and here we are

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

if you walk into a candy store and say it’s nice and all but you were hoping for some lasagna it’s not the candy store’s fault

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

also you might be garfield

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
Ok but psykers do constantly send mental emails to everyone around them with titles like “here’s my recent vacation pics” and when you open it there’s just pictures of your childhood dog sitting in your current living room and you don’t understand it but it creeps you out.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Cowcaster posted:

if you walk into a candy store and say it’s nice and all but you were hoping for some lasagna it’s not the candy store’s fault

At the same time if you walk into a candy store and they go "hey we don't have any skittles but if you want we can pour this entire bag of granulated sugar into your mouth" you'd probably leave.

Yeah 40k is grimdark but when it's being it's most grimdark is when it's the most boring. Vermintide understood this, the world was literally ending and there were monsters in the street but they still made it relatively light.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Okay, but can I just go back the the Psyker headpop thing and say that if you tell me not to shoot the things you are trying to headpop I am going to chuckle and ignore you. Between baby Psykers headpopping random trash, years of ranged sniping poo poo I am trying to melee, and well, if it's significant I want it dead and you could get booped or not do enough damage or whatever.

Expecting players to stop attacking something because it has a glowy bit around its head is an exercise in frustration. Let it go.

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
Guys I think something is wrong with my game I'm not seeing any rats at all

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Rejects strong together. Reject not fight Reject.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Jarvisi posted:

Guys I think something is wrong with my game I'm not seeing any rats at all

apes together strong gif but with the Ogryn and rejects

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Honestly learning not to shoot someone marked to die by the Psyker is probably good practice in this teamwork game.

Estel
May 4, 2010

ZearothK posted:

Honestly learning not to shoot someone marked to die by the Psyker is probably good practice in this teamwork game.

I think in the higher difficulty levels you need people shooting at elites to kill them quickly. Having a Psyker means it's quicker but everyone should still focus on elites.

I only played 3 games but i was the only one marking the elites so maybe that is one of the reasons people focus on the blue glowy enemies, it makes them an easy target to focus.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

ZearothK posted:

lol, good luck

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

Internet Explorer posted:

Okay, but can I just go back the the Psyker headpop thing and say that if you tell me not to shoot the things you are trying to headpop I am going to chuckle and ignore you. Between baby Psykers headpopping random trash, years of ranged sniping poo poo I am trying to melee, and well, if it's significant I want it dead and you could get booped or not do enough damage or whatever.

Expecting players to stop attacking something because it has a glowy bit around its head is an exercise in frustration. Let it go.

You're 100% right here. In the chaos of this game I'm not gonna stop shooting or slicing because a team mate is thinking hard and It Takes Time to pop heads

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

big cummers ONLY posted:

I was just posting how I felt and that I didn't care about the lore explanation, so idk why it immediately invited "but the lore!" That's a valid position but I already said I don't care so??? I thought to myself when I was typing "someone is also going to make a boring rear end post with the least charitable interpretation of my point to score an epic dunk" and here we are

I, too, am posting how I feel about your question and I idc about you wanting a non lore explanation.

Psykers are weirdos who's pop heads with their mind and invite demons and poo poo into reality with their powers. That shits scary. No one is gonna wanna be buddies with you because of this.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Psykers aren't a little weird, they're, like, turbo-hosed weird and potentially lethally weird so I'm not surprised to hear everyone isn't particularly keen on having a psyker in their squad.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

The game models the warp consuming you as identical to sienna exploding from overstress, but it would probably be hilarious and more in the vibe to have it drop a chaos spawn on you if you go over the threshold.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Final tier perk: If you go over your limit then you transform into a controllable chaos spawn for 30 seconds before dying.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

They can accidentally bring in literal devil's that will stick three fingers into your rear end and yank you into hell. It's a demonstrable thing. Just lol at the :comeback: about not having a bff as one

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

only three? no big deal

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

Sharkopath posted:

The game models the warp consuming you as identical to sienna exploding from overstress, but it would probably be hilarious and more in the vibe to have it drop a chaos spawn on you if you go over the threshold.

Even that would be softballing the effects according to lore, lol.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

So, how is the performance? Please elaborate on resolution, and your hardware. I'm reading conflicting reports.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Turin Turambar posted:

So, how is the performance? Please elaborate on resolution, and your hardware. I'm reading conflicting reports.

Why don't you tell us your specs and we can make performance recommendations instead of 100 goons typing up their specific hardware and resolution for you? Seems better. There's been quite a few reports over the past few pages.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

Turin Turambar posted:

Performance is poor. 3080 on 3840x2160. Its on the default medium quality

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Speaking of lore, apparently Fatshark sponsored not-fash 40k lore youtuber Luetin09 to do some long lore vids about the background of the game.

https://youtu.be/VwLoEhgcyzc

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

I know I'm a loser but nothing makes me feel more like one then waiting through 45 mins of a twitch video to unlock a lovely looking lasgun skin

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Ichabod Tane posted:

I, too, am posting how I feel about your question and I idc about you wanting a non lore explanation.

I don't want an explanation and I don't understand the hostility towards me over this but you have definitely owned me, good work

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

you know you don’t actually have to watch the stream

big cummers ONLY posted:

I don't want an explanation and I don't understand the hostility towards me over this but you have definitely owned me, good work

you posted an unsolicited opinion, preemptively told everyone you didn’t care about counter takes, and are now acting surprised that people didn’t care about your not wanting engagement that didn’t agree with you

maybe think a little before pressing the post button next time

Wheeee fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Nov 18, 2022

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

big cummers ONLY posted:

I do not like how everyone calls the psyker a freak with so much venom. Just sits with me wrong. Someone's gonna goonsay about how it's lore accurate but I don't care, I want my team to be supportive of each other and it's a bummer when my character is like "hey you loving piece of poo poo FREAK here's some ammo"

It should be funny but there's something about it I don't like. Everything else is fine
im not a big cummer. its hosed up when people talk about cumming big. it just sits with me wrong. (fucken fruitbat)

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Turin Turambar posted:

I've had crashes but they're all related to problems at their end I think, otherwise no issues with displaying/playing when I get into a game. 1440p and all high/maxed settings. Hardware is an i7-8700k with a 3070 GPU.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

You're just getting some light ribbing my guy, sorry the in-game banter towards psykers isn't uhhhh nicer?

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

skjdhfiudshf

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Thanks!

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Characters should only be mean to whoever has the kerillian voice

Fats
Oct 14, 2006

What I cannot create, I do not understand
Fun Shoe

Turin Turambar posted:

3440x1440 on a 4090, seems to hang around 80 FPS with everything on max, except one particular map that was dipping into the 40s. No crashes yet, but I'd call performance inconsistent.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Gay Rat Wedding posted:

That's the Zealot.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

Does the Veteran have any other voices other than some British guy? Psyker having a German accent is alluring

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

Gay Rat Wedding posted:

This is all I'm trying to say.

Re: performance, I hosed with my settings more and turning on some acronym setting referred to as "cutting edge" in the tooltip instantly stabilized my framerate. The game looks a lot more blurry but I don't care because the frame stuttering is gone and I feel like I can actually aim my swings and time dodges and poo poo! So if you have a real old system like I do, try that.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Ichabod Tane posted:

Does the Veteran have any other voices other than some British guy? Psyker having a German accent is alluring

I like zimbabwean union agitator psyker more.

Man of the people.

Sharkopath fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Nov 18, 2022

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
Had a couple of mid-fight crashes in two different missions but otherwise my large adult smash man son is very upset people might think he's stupid and I'm having a great time knocking over whole waves of pox walkers at once. I managed to complete an "x headshots in y seconds" penance accidentally because I turned a poxer wave into a Tarantino-esque fountain of gore with a shot from my Thumper and enough of the pellets hit faces to count. My Ogryn giggled and smugly exclaimed "headshot!".

It's got technical problems but it's fun, is what I'm saying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Its a bit of a shame that veterans 3 voices are model officer, cynical survivor, and angrier cynical survivor (cadian model), i think the other classees have a wider variety in attitude between the personalities.

That said cuthroats voice actor( both) really gives it their all, so theyre entertaining.

Sharkopath fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Nov 18, 2022