Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Hand Knit posted:

While "Métis" literally means mixed there are also definite distinctive ethno-cultural groups. I feel like Chelsea Vowel wrote about it a bunch however many years ago.

People really over complicate it, but it's the same thing that happened all over the world. Métis, like Sierra Leone Creole, Anglo-Indians and countless others, were the middlemen of trade between the interior zone populated by natives and the coastal zone that was connected to European economies. In North America, conditions allowed the colonized zone to expand into the interior, where Africa had impenetrable jungle and disease and India had more organized native societies, but there was always a point beyond which the primary economic activity was not settler agriculture but trade with indigenous people. The Métis were the link in this chain.

As trading and trapping beyond the frontier precluded European Women, the men engaged in this activity married natives. The same happened in other societies where conditions created a gender imbalance. In British India, the soldiery were European, in Latin America, Spanish women did not really arrive in any numbers beyond even the first century after the conquest. Englishwomen hardly ever ventured to Africa, not until the settlement of the Kenyan highlands centuries after contact.

So, Métis are descended from French Catholics, who were the middlemen working on behalf of New France, and Scottish Presbyterians, who were the middlemen working on behalf of British North America, as well as the indigenous societies that were actively engaged in the fur trade.

As all culture springs from modes of production and material conditions, the origins of the Métis mean that their populations extend along the traditional canoe freight and portage routes, which the Métis National Council recognizes as Métis Nations. Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, being one example, Ottawa is recognized as another. Métis hunting and fishing rights are granted to people who can prove descent from these Traditional Métis Territories. So, it's not exactly anyone of mixed descent, it's a specific group created from these conditions.

That's why anyone with an indigenous grandfather or great-grandfather trying to claim status is so contentious.

http://parkscanadahistory.com/series/chs/20/chs20-1-1.pdf

Also why the Maritimes have been excluded from Métis status, even though there are people of mixed descent throughout. The French, like the Spanish, did not bring single women to the New World in large numbers in the first centuries, so outside of Montreal and Quebec men often married native women. In Nova Scotia and New Brunswick there were large populations of people like this, but because they were not engaged in the transcontinental fur trade they are not culturally Métis.

Frosted Flake has issued a correction as of 01:05 on Nov 18, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

Hand Knit posted:

While "Métis" literally means mixed there are also definite distinctive ethno-cultural groups. I feel like Chelsea Vowel wrote about it a bunch however many years ago.

Yeh, this is what I mean. To become a member of a Metis nation you have to prove your genealogical connection to one of these groups specifically. Recognized Metis communities were a particular blend of predominantly French Catholics integrated with the major Indigenous nations of what was then called Rupert's Land (pretty much everything from James Bay to the west and arctic coasts lol) and smaller groups of Protestants as well.

Culturally, Metis groups are a distinct blend of Indigenous and European cultures, where beliefs and practices in one go on to inform and influence beliefs and practices in the other. They self-identified "Metis" as a distinct cultural group and fought long and hard trying to be recognized as such, despite prevailing attitudes of the time that they were either one or the other. Which obviously is a poo poo take and lead to things like Metis groups and individuals "getting the franchise" - giving up any claims to Indigenous rights in exchange for the right to vote.

There's a fair share of history of Metis groups settling an area during the height of the Northwest Trading Company and living there for generations before being pushed off by crown-backed English speaking Protestants and the HBC. As Canada officially expanded westward, there was land to be claimed, and we know how much they gave a gently caress who was already there. A good number of Metis at the time were skeptical about this whole "Canada" thing and wanted no part of it, wary of how they might be tried to force to assimilate (spoiler: they was right). They understood that they were neither Indigenous nor European, and wanted to be recognized as such and given the same opportunity to self-govern. Other mixed communities generally didn't see themselves as such a distinct group, which is an important delineation between mixed and Metis people.

Fake edit : I guess I should say "we" but tbh for a long time I felt that my passing gives me privilege, and my lack of direct connection to Metis culture meant that self-identifying would be pretty inappropriate. It's pretty cool that you mentioned Chelsea Vowel - she is my sister and her passion and commitment is a large part of why I've started to re-examine what Metis heritage means to me

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

Truth

e: Also, Michif

Cool Kids Club Soda has issued a correction as of 02:30 on Nov 18, 2022

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Cool Kids Club Soda posted:

Fake edit : I guess I should say "we" but tbh for a long time I felt that my passing gives me privilege, and my lack of direct connection to Metis culture meant that self-identifying would be pretty inappropriate. It's pretty cool that you mentioned Chelsea Vowel - she is my sister and her passion and commitment is a large part of why I've started to re-examine what Metis heritage means to me

Well how about that. Feels weird to have cited your sister at you. I think she was one of my first follows on twitter.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Family history says that I have an Anishinaabe great-great-grandmother, but I've never claimed it makes me Métis or that I have any special insight into indigenous Canadian experiences. My grandpa was told that because he was light enough to pass for white, he must never tell anyone about his Native heritage.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Probably the confusion results from not really teaching Canadian history in terms of class and economic relationship, and zones of contact, and also not teaching that there were incredibly rigid categories of “French”, “English” and “Indian”. The very existence of the Métis undermined fixed ideas of the racial order when they went from existing beyond the frontier to within it.

Take the Red River surveys, which found orderly farms with neatly organized farms and fields, with all of the markers of “civilization” and then decided to ignore them and mark out “English” style plots of land. From accounts leading up to the Red River Rebellion, it’s not that Métis were “savage” or “uncivilized” that made them a threat, but that they weren’t. There was no reason why Manitoba was unready to join Confederation on the Métis’ terms, other than it would be granting legitimacy to people who represented everything mid-19th century English Canada was opposed to: French and Indian and Catholic. For Upper Canada to be bordered by Québec on one side and a Métis Manitoba on the other was therefore unacceptable and the Métis were betrayed.

In the later 19th and early 20th century when Canada stretched coast to coast the Métis still posed a problem by showing that the 3 categories that English Canadian Nationalism revolved around were not set in stone, which is why they had to give up status to vote and a myriad of other abuses. This was amplified by the fact that the Métis had a distinct culture, not just mixed ancestry, and that was probably the larger problem, as there were by then many blonde or redheaded Métis who could pass as French or English and this was considered even more insidious.

Which is why the Métis today want participation in their culture as a requirement for membership, not just parentage. For them, it’s never been just about blood but instead about a culture that was suppressed because it showed that blood alone did not determine culture.

I don’t think it’s a coincidence we’ve reduced it to having some hitherto unknown Ancestor in the Attic but the result of trying to erase any trace of the cultural aspect of Métis identity. Flooding the rolls so the federal government ”has” to restrict or cut Métis benefits, they continue to be excluded from the Indian Act and the identify and culture disappear in a meaningful sense suits them just fine. I mean, it’s ultimately what John A would have wanted, sending Métis kids to Residential Schools and the 60’s Scoop was intended to erase the culture and identity, and it losing any meaning would achieve the same result.

Frosted Flake has issued a correction as of 16:32 on Nov 18, 2022

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Great posts all around about Métis and indigenous identity, my thanks to well informed posters.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

:metis:

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

CHUD hate for Gerald Butts transcends even the twitter apocalypse lol

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
as mentioned above one of the better things to come out of exposing people claiming indigenous ancestry is the idea some indigenous communities have that if you take part in the community then you are a part of that community. which leads to some people who are entirely European being an accepted part of indigenous communities, and why welcoming back people who were part of the sixties scoop is so important.

It's not perfect I'm sure, and I know not every community follows that line, but it sure as poo poo is better than the 19th century race science approach to Indigenous status that currently exists.

also on the subject of Métis, The North-West Is Our Mother by Jean Teillet is a great history book about the people and the places they live.

Dreylad has issued a correction as of 17:08 on Nov 18, 2022

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

DND hired a historian last year specifically to research the Métis, not just because one of Canada’s first wars was against them, Canadian Regiments bear battle honours for:

NORTH WEST CANADA, 1885
SASKATCHEWAN
BATOCHE
FISH CREEK

and the military history of that, at least from the Métis side, has been virtually ignored, but also because since then Métis Canadians in uniform have also been excluded from our military history.

Everybody has heard that recruiters in the World Wars altered the age at enlistment for many applicants, and some might know they often anglicized names, but with many of the Métis, their race was altered as well so that we may never know exactly how many served. Think about that - Canada had been at war with them just 30 years earlier, they still wanted to do their part, and for people today who want to learn about their contributions and experiences, or families who want to know more about their grandfather who was killed in Ortona or great grandfather killed at Ypres, they will find Francois Dupuis listed as “Francis (Frank) Dupont, Italian”, or something like that. Which if course means they may not find the record at all, without a historian to help them.

There was a lot of bitching and moaning about “special treatment” with this, just like there was about the No. 2 Construction Battalion having historians assigned to research it rather than further studying the many glorious victories of the PPCLI. I want to make clear that this isn’t just studying the distant past. Among Métis veterans today it’s a fairly common experience for people who were serving as late as the 1970’s and 80’s to have hidden their ancestry, to have not known it because their family was afraid they’d get caught up in the 60’s scoop, or to have gone into the military to escape a home life scarred by the Residential School system. As I’m sure many of you know from the Airborne Regiment, the Canadian Army had rampant and widespread racial hazing until at least the early-mid 90’s. That’s important too, because even in West Germany Métis in uniform could not escape the prejudices still found across Canadian society, more recently than we’d like to think.

The military is a microcosm, of course, and lags behind Canadian society on most social issues, but the fact that the Métis occupy an uncomfortable place in the Canadian society where they have been either invisible or singled out for discrimination makes studying their history all the more difficult.

I bring this up because it seems to me to be in poor taste, though understandable, that people would rush to falsely claim mixed ancestry now that it bears no negative consequences and several benefits. By actually studying the history of the Métis, and yes I’m sorry that means the federal government paying historians to single out a group for “special treatment”, it’s possible to communicate the idea that there’s more to it than hunting out of season. Michif is a Critically Endangered language according to UNESCO, with less than 1000 speakers iirc, and while I’m not calling for it to be added to school curricula or anything, I think we bear a responsibility to rebuild the Métis nation we worked so hard to destroy.

If the Canadian Army wants to continue to fly Colours with those place names inscribed, the least we can do is demonstrate more of an understanding of our countrymen than we have, for example, the Germans. Any Canadian junior officer can tell you about the German Army in Normandy, the culture of the Wehrmacht High Command etc. They have written countless volumes about Rommel, but would have nothing to say about Louis Riel. Métis history is our history too, at least if we ever want Canadian to mean something more than “English”, “French” and “Indian”, and dedicating resources to it, especially through something as well funded as DND history research, is how we preserve it.

Two parentheticals: First, older English Canadian histories often focuses on the Louis Riel of the Northwest Rebellion to dismiss him entirely as a religious maniac. While he was doubtlessly animated by some passions then, every contemporary who wrote about him remarked that he was a changed man, almost unrecognizable.

When more recent histories remark sadly that he was mentally ill, what a pity, such a tragic rebellion, it’s without considering what the experience of federal troops crossing the continent to deny the Métis joining Confederation must have done to his mental health. I’m not denying the change in Riel’s character and the less focussed nature of the Northwest Rebellion, I’m trying to stress how shocking the betrayal of the Métis was.

Second, for whatever reason, the Peterborough Canoe Museum has some of the best curation of Métis artefacts and their history. It’s appropriate, because as I said their emergence as culture, “ethnogenesis”, if you like, was a product of the canoe trade, but it’s a bit sad that it’s found there and not more prominently in other museums. Really top notch museum.

Just as studying the canoe provided an entrepôt to studying the Métis, by cataloguing different types of canoes by type and construction, the Peterborough Canoe Museum also presents one of the broadest surveys of indigenous culture I’ve seen in Canada. Possibly it’s because while flattening distinctions between indigenous people is done everywhere else, since the designs of canoes are very obviously different between groups, those groups have to be recognized as distinct cultures. It’s just disappointing that it took different canoe profiles for that to be acknowledged.

Frosted Flake has issued a correction as of 18:20 on Nov 18, 2022

Segue
May 23, 2007

If you want to read a more academic thesis on Metis identity, Chris Andersen's book lays out the case for Red River identity pretty thoroughly (and picks fights with national Metis identity).

I remember it helped my thinking on the issue years ago

https://www.ubcpress.ca/metis

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Pharmacist snuck in a bottle of children's advil like it's contraband. Normal

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

https://twitter.com/richardzussman/status/1593685474677518336

a 6'7" nerd is now in charge of BC

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
why does Eby, the largest premier, simply not eat the others

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
he did, clearly

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

Frosted Flake posted:

Second, for whatever reason, the Peterborough Canoe Museum has some of the best curation of Métis artefacts and their history. It’s appropriate, because as I said their emergence as culture, “ethnogenesis”, if you like, was a product of the canoe trade, but it’s a bit sad that it’s found there and not more prominently in other museums. Really top notch museum.

Just as studying the canoe provided an entrepôt to studying the Métis, by cataloguing different types of canoes by type and construction, the Peterborough Canoe Museum also presents one of the broadest surveys of indigenous culture I’ve seen in Canada. Possibly it’s because while flattening distinctions between indigenous people is done everywhere else, since the designs of canoes are very obviously different between groups, those groups have to be recognized as distinct cultures. It’s just disappointing that it took different canoe profiles for that to be acknowledged.

That's funny, the Peterborough Canoe Museum first hit my radar a couple of weeks ago when I was researching Coast Salish canoe variations and they turned up with a lot of good material. I'll have to make a visit there sometime.

The Metis material isn't directly relevant (even though it is fascinating, thank you). My father liked to invent indigenous ancestors but they've all turned out to be bullshit. My uncles at least are the genuine articles.

Good, maybe now CBC can stfu with the relentless countdown to Eby taking the oath. It's been getting annoying.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Anjali was robbed

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

Frosted Flake posted:

Among Métis ... today it’s a fairly common experience for people who were serving living as late as the 1970’s and 80’s [and 90's] to have hidden their ancestry, to have not known it because their family was afraid they’d get caught up in the 60’s scoop [or because a relative decades ago took the franchise and played down their roots in order to avoid further social and gov't discrimination against them and their family]

Métis history is our history too, at least if we ever want Canadian to mean something more than “English”, “French” and “Indian”,

Seriously good stuff my dude, very informative. The idea of Metis culture as a distinct group feels like it has only recently become something that people are acknowledging as integral to Metis identity and status. The flattening of Indigenous identity is such a good way of putting it. The fact that Metis were forced to choose between their identity and political enfranchisement is an absolute shame. In my own family, our Metis roots were a closely guarded secret for generations.

Frosted Flake posted:

When more recent histories remark sadly that he was mentally ill, what a pity, such a tragic rebellion, it’s without considering what the experience of federal troops crossing the continent to deny the Métis joining Confederation must have done to his mental health. I’m not denying the change in Riel’s character and the less focussed nature of the Northwest Rebellion, I’m trying to stress how shocking the betrayal of the Métis was.

By all accounts, Canada crushing the Red River Resistance along with his dreams of an actual Metis nation, and his subsequent exile from Canada had a profound impact on Riel's state of mind, but yeh, its disingenuous to paint him as a nutter. His lawyers tried using an insanity defense to get him out of the death penalty, and using the change in his behaviour as evidence. Which he immediately put to rest with a rather eloquent closing statement of his own that made it clear that he was of sound mind and body when deciding to rebel, and damning him to be hanged.

The real other change in his portrayal has been the shift from villainization as a traitor to lionization as a Canadian icon fighting for his people. The problem with this is that it again oversimplifies the man and his ideals to suit an overarching Canadian narrative. "Louis Riel, Father of Confederation!" What a lot of Metis were fighting for wasn't inclusion in the Canadian expansion, but recognition as their own culture capable of autonomy and self-determination. After seeing the poo poo show of Manitoba's formation and how Canada almost immediately reneged on its promises, Metis leaders in Saskatchewan, such as Gabriel Dumont, took a more militant stance and ended up asking Riel for his support - he was still a gifted orator and had a lot of clout among Metis, but wasn't as central to the Northwest Resistance as he was in Red River. So when people paint Riel as this Canadian icon bringing his people into the fold, they do a disservice to a man and people who explicitly did not want to be assimilated.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Cool Kids Club Soda posted:

Seriously good stuff my dude, very informative. The idea of Metis culture as a distinct group feels like it has only recently become something that people are acknowledging as integral to Metis identity and status. The flattening of Indigenous identity is such a good way of putting it. The fact that Metis were forced to choose between their identity and political enfranchisement is an absolute shame. In my own family, our Metis roots were a closely guarded secret for generations.

Thank you, I’m glad I was able to contribute something. It’s all second hand for me, I can’t imagine what trying to get that recognition is like, and I have no idea what level of social discrimination Métis people face outside of eastern big cities. In western rural areas, it’s probably still not great, though I don’t know and that might be unfair to people in the prairies.

What bothers me is what you identified as the struggle between identity and political enfranchisement. It’s why the Federal government eying more people identifying as Métis as a reason to suspend rights is troubling. As you pointed out, so much of this has been about self-government, and the federal government seems to have chosen a tack of playing up how Métis organizations have “failed” to screen people claiming Métis status as a reason to interfere. It’s disingenuous considering their resources to expect the councils to sort through this all, and I know the Métis Nation of Ontario has tried. They are still not included in the Indian Act, and while I know the Inuit aren’t either, at least they have the government of Nunavut to intervene on their behalf.

There was hope that things would change after the Daniels decision, as “Indians” under the Constitution, Métis were determined to be the responsibility of the federal government. It makes all the sense to the world to me that the moment that happened there would be heel dragging about including them and non-Status Indians into the Indian Act, while at the same time trying to curb Métis self-government and limit the amount of people benefits applied to.

The constant stories about “In 1996 and 2016, the population of New Brunswick was roughly the same. However in the 1996 census, only 950 people self-identified as Métis, but in the 2016 census that number jumped to 10,200. How is this possible?” in my view, serve all three purposes:

“We have to wait to solidify Métis rights while we sort this out, the Métis organizations can’t sort it out, and we (the feds) will need to either kick people off the rolls or cut benefits (or both).”

The Métis have been unanimous in stating that cultural participation is their standard, common sense says that someone just trying to hunt or fish out of season will be discouraged by this “barrier”, it would help revive Métis culture and rebuild a fractured community, and it gets away from the Blood Quantum that has caused so many issues for Status Indians. Everybody wins.

There’s no reason for the Feds to oppose this if they are acting in good faith, but here we are 6 years later and they are still strong arming the Métis.

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

Is this bad bad or just regular politician bad

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Dreylad posted:

why does Eby, the largest premier, simply not eat the others

Room for one more in the back, boys?

Pallister was 1" taller

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Lol only one of those pasty dough boys is left

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I'm afraid that Scott Moe is still around and last time I checked consistently one of the most popular premiers in the country.

sitchensis
Mar 4, 2009

eXXon posted:

Room for one more in the back, boys?

Pallister was 1" taller

god I still can’t believe how well that cover tracked with the male cast of King of the Hill

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

FormaldehydeSon posted:

Is this bad bad or just regular politician bad

He's not inherently a bad person/politician and probably will do good for BC if he actually tries, but the whole thing is tainted with the stain of having invented an entire conspiracy theory to prevent someone else from running against him soooo

Guigui
Jan 19, 2010
Winner of January '10 Lux Aeterna "Best 2010 Poster" Award
Seconding the Peterborough canoe museum as a must-see if you are in the area. We visited it last year during a family stay and the kids (and adults) were surprised at the quality of the exhibits. Seeing the differences in how the canoes where made, who built them, how they were used, where they were used really gave insight about the history of the builders during those periods. Whether they were fishing canoes, or trade canoes, or even war canoes. Even the hunting kayaks, sewn together with sealskin, were awesome to see.

The building's exterior and location really doesn't do the place justice.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

Bleck posted:

Keep the coloureds in line

my last interaction with them was when someone in my slumlord owned apartment building had committed suicide by jumping and there were like 20 police milling around the lawn and sidewalk around the corpse. there was a cop that looked roided out constantly screaming at everyone in earshot to stay away, even people who had no intention of going anywhere near it, or on the other side of the street while his superiors/colleagues were just standing around as if that's a normal way to interact with citizens. it was a poor and majority minority neighbourhood, wonder if that behaviour would've stood in a nice rich suburb.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IĂÂĂŒÂĂŒÂ° ĂÂ“ĂŒÂ¯ĂŒÂ–ĂŒÂ«ĂŒÂ¹ĂŒÂ¯ĂŒÂ¤A҉mĂÂĂŒÂºĂŒÂ© ĂÂ‡ĂŒÂ¬AĂŒÂ¡ĂŒÂ®ĂŒÂĂŒÂ ĂÂĂÂ‰ĂŒÂ±ĂŒÂ« KĂŒÂ¶eĂ“gĂÂ.ĂŒÂ•ĂŒÂ»ĂŒÂ±ĂŒÂªĂÂ–ĂŒÂ¹ĂŒÂŸ
https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMFuFvNkS/

Lol they're all assuming rates will come down, and not continue going up until they're closer to historically normal levels.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m has issued a correction as of 20:40 on Nov 19, 2022

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

Lol they're all assuming rates will come down, and not continue going up until they're closer to historically normal levels.

realtors and landlords first against the wall

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Guigui posted:

Seconding the Peterborough canoe museum as a must-see if you are in the area. We visited it last year during a family stay and the kids (and adults) were surprised at the quality of the exhibits. Seeing the differences in how the canoes where made, who built them, how they were used, where they were used really gave insight about the history of the builders during those periods. Whether they were fishing canoes, or trade canoes, or even war canoes. Even the hunting kayaks, sewn together with sealskin, were awesome to see.

The building's exterior and location really doesn't do the place justice.

On the strength of their exhibits they got funding for this in 2015, I’m really excited for them.

Canadian Canoe Museum a Lesson in Building with the Landscape

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

so they overextended themselves with adjustable rate loans and now the three extra houses went from being passive income to passive expense?

am I, or anyone, supposed to feel sorry?

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IĂÂĂŒÂĂŒÂ° ĂÂ“ĂŒÂ¯ĂŒÂ–ĂŒÂ«ĂŒÂ¹ĂŒÂ¯ĂŒÂ¤A҉mĂÂĂŒÂºĂŒÂ© ĂÂ‡ĂŒÂ¬AĂŒÂ¡ĂŒÂ®ĂŒÂĂŒÂ ĂÂĂÂ‰ĂŒÂ±ĂŒÂ« KĂŒÂ¶eĂ“gĂÂ.ĂŒÂ•ĂŒÂ»ĂŒÂ±ĂŒÂªĂÂ–ĂŒÂ¹ĂŒÂŸ
Also I just turned off a ton of sharing settings on TikTok to try and make it so that I don't see everybody's tiktok account name and/or real name and/or contact information whenever anybody clicks on that link. I don't think I've seen malware that intrusive before even lmao

Apologies in advance to somebody named Kevin who clicked on that link, I was not aware

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m has issued a correction as of 20:55 on Nov 19, 2022

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

bedpan posted:

so they overextended themselves with adjustable rate loans and now the three extra houses went from being passive income to passive expense?

am I, or anyone, supposed to feel sorry?

You're supposed to buy his course to learn how you too can sink $12000 a month into your investment properties

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Anyone with opinions/recommendations for GPC leadership? I guess I'm still registered with them.

yippee cahier
Mar 28, 2005

HookShot posted:

He's not inherently a bad person/politician and probably will do good for BC if he actually tries, but the whole thing is tainted with the stain of having invented an entire conspiracy theory to prevent someone else from running against him soooo

The only other thing would be being in an NDP majority government that used its immense power to… mostly run a normal government. Not evil, not great, just business as usual.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

ahahhaahahah

https://twitter.com/CanadianPolling/status/1594136330145075201

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

trump's back and so is emay, the incredible content era is here

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
Emay got banned from twitter?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

no but she should be banned from public life???