Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

fox is on in th waiting room I’m in, and the host blond lady just literally said “Elon is triggering the liberals right now by bringing ACTUAL free speech to twitter. That’s why they’re all quitting.”

Lol
And lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Elon: Wait a second, you can check if this number is greater than OR equal to? At the same time?

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
All of these weirdos coming out of the woodwork to proclaim that this was all Elon's grand plan all along and everything is going perfectly because he's just playing 4D chess.

I THINK I've heard that kind of delusional sentiment about someone before but I can't really place my finger on where... hmm.....

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

boofhead posted:

You can, however, take screenshots of bad code (as shown). I guess it makes sense that somebody whose photo should be on the Wikipedia page of the Dunning-Kruger Effect would then just assume that you can take a screenshot of the opposite

i'd just take screenshots of a dense couple lines of code. i'm sure having huge chunks of messy code will impress him more than something that's been paired down and refactored.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Elon: Wait a second, you can check if this number is greater than OR equal to? At the same time?

well I mean if you want to show off

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

yeah, that “2p on nut” is a really apt metaphor

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
I'm already having issues pulling up some tweets without refreshing. Loving it.

B-Rock452 posted:

So I know absolutely nothing about coding. How hard is it to pick out 10 screenshots that show the most important lines of code over the past 6 months. Cause that seems really really dumb

It's dumb as gently caress. Modern programming practice is to write code that's simple, reusable, and as close to doing one thing per function as possible.

So if you're an Elonesque dipshit, the people who write the best code are going to have simple unimpressive baby code, while the people who write awful, unnecessarily complex code are going to seem smarter.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

https://twitter.com/popehat/status/1593659412794613760?s=46&t=qZijmjdGboRsiuSU2Ch36A

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

lmao twitter is going to crash and burn on sunday when the world cup starts

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Here is my submission:

10 PRINT “Elon Musk huffs his own farts lmao”
20 GOTO 10

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Guys, help!

I e-mailed Elon a regex expression and now I'm apparently in charge of "web". Not "web site" or "web development" or anything like that, just "web". I'm worried that if I point out that this makes no sense I'll get fired. What do I do?

boofhead
Feb 18, 2021

i'm gonna send elon musk the minified javascript for twitter's video player with all the comments removed and get made CTO

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
I bet Elon watched Silicon Valley and basically thinks Twitter could be run by two guys like Dinesh and Gilfoyle.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Frank Frank posted:

Here is my submission:

10 PRINT “Elon Musk huffs his own farts lmao”
20 GOTO 10

elegant code. You’re the new …. Um, cto I guess.

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

Random Stranger posted:

Guys, help!

I e-mailed Elon a regex expression and now I'm apparently in charge of "web". Not "web site" or "web development" or anything like that, just "web". I'm worried that if I point out that this makes no sense I'll get fired. What do I do?

>8<

You are now a spider.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Catastrophe posted:

All of these weirdos coming out of the woodwork to proclaim that this was all Elon's grand plan all along and everything is going perfectly because he's just playing 4D chess.

I THINK I've heard that kind of delusional sentiment about someone before but I can't really place my finger on where... hmm.....

Musk doesnt play chess, only the lovely mobile game polytopia can handle his supa brain.

even inf D chess cant keep up with his brain.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Lima posted:

lmao twitter is going to crash and burn on sunday when the world cup starts

My soccer supporter friends are all making a mad dash today to set up a community in mastodon.

That's a big signal to me that twitter is dead

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Lima posted:

>8<

You are now a spider.

elegant code. You’re the new cfo.

Butterwagon
Mar 21, 2010

Lookit that stupid ass-hole!
I know people like to say elon is some super genius wunderkind polymath renaissance man, but are there any patents or programs or anything that he actually made? Is there any evidence of his supposed engineering prowess whatsoever?

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

boofhead posted:

i'm gonna send elon musk the minified javascript for twitter's video player with all the comments removed and get made CTO

gently caress, I sent him the ASM equivallent to some basic rear end C# code and now I'm head of tech at Tesla. No fair.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

lol, that fragile little manbaby made these two tweets unavailable. (They can still embed apparently, but if you click on them, twitter wont show them, presumably to stop them from going viral)

edit: ok i guess the first one is now available but the 2nd one isn't.

edit2: now both are. So.... a glitch? Twitter's dying and its not even the world cup yet?

https://twitter.com/ZoeSchiffer/status/1593649356661436417

https://twitter.com/MattBinder/status/1593474503996280833

Rigel fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Nov 18, 2022

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

more like elon butts

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Rigel posted:

lol, that fragile little manbaby made these two tweets unavailable. (They can still embed apparently, but if you click on them, twitter wont show them, presumably to stop them from going viral)

Nah, refresh it a couple times. I think it's the website having issues

Butterwagon posted:

I know people like to say elon is some super genius wunderkind polymath renaissance man, but are there any patents or programs or anything that he actually made? Is there any evidence of his supposed engineering prowess whatsoever?

Looking at why he got fired from Paypal, I would say, lol no.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Remember 2 years ago when someone hacked a bunch of Twitter accounts and posted a "double your money" bitcoin scam under Musk's account? lol

Orange Cat
Feb 26, 2013

SLOSifl posted:

It doesn't mean anything. Total nonsense.

It’s this.

Show me your bestest and mostest code (via screenshot even lolololol) is textbook example of guy who wrote code once but had/has no loving clue what it means to be a successful software engineer. He’s the guy that jumped to marketing earlier in the thread.

It’s gotta be a pretext to fire more people or a fishing expedition to get the leftovers to show him what’s important in the codebase. Or he just really is that stupid. There are far better ways to identify competency. If that’s even what’s he’s trying to do.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I've screenshot my follows so I can find out where they went to later on; the world cup may well actually kill Twitter.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Deki posted:

Nah, refresh it a couple times. I think it's the website having issues

Yeah, and now the site is once again not showing them. So, its a glitch maybe impacting highly-viewed tweets.

There's no loving chance this flaming shitshow survives the world cup lol

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

Waffle House posted:

"Salient" code means basically nothing at this point, he's just trying to keep up his habitually crafted "I am very smart" image to get people to dance for him, especially next to "anyone who can actually write code"

Screenshotted code would not be one, it would be several, also it's possibly going to get exfiltrated lol

When he was in deep divorce mode he put out a call on twitter for the roughest, toughest, most street-fightingest rockstar lawyers to help him. "In your resume, include links to cases you've won".

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Withnail posted:

I bet Elon watched Silicon Valley and basically thinks Twitter could be run by two guys like Dinesh and Gilfoyle.

Unironically, I'm guessing he looked at Twitter's basic functions and went, "How hard could it be?" Because the actual basic Twitter stuff really is no big deal; even Radium could manage something like that. The important things, the complicated things, are what's happening below the surface to allow Twitter to scale up to a global communications network. That's a lot of complicated moving parts and not all of them are technical and they had all been hammered out through hard work over a decade as Twitter learned and grew.

Musk is superficial. He never connected with the concepts beyond Twitter being a box that you put your tweet into and get tweets back out of. He's incapable of understanding that there's very good reasons that Twitter did things certain ways because he's unwilling to consider anything outside of himself and his own experience. Which is why everyone immediately went, "Well, this is going to fail hilariously," the moment he carried that sink in, though hardly anyone expected him to start yanking wires.

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022
I sent Elon a screenshot from the iOS Twitter app code I wrote and he fired me for using up all the brackets the company had in supply. It’s not my fault! Objective C did it!

And then the next guy showed Elon some TypeScript and Elon said that’s not real and fired him too. As I left the room I heard him saying “wait, what’s a type”

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
I suspect 1990s webdev would have involved a great deal more writing business logic rather than thinking really hard about load balancing, resilience, latency, etc.

Butterwagon
Mar 21, 2010

Lookit that stupid ass-hole!

Deki posted:

Looking at why he got fired from Paypal, I would say, lol no.

I'm seeing people say he was fired because he wanted their servers to run windows. What the gently caress. Why would anyone do that

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

I don't want to link Dilbert, because gently caress Scott Adams, but these two strips have been lodged in my brain since I was single-digits old and they are very salient right now

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Mokotow posted:

Isn’t the office closed? And aren’t they spread around a bunch of offices? As fun as it would be, it doesn’t seem to be real.

You don't think a genius like Elon considered remote workers?

https://twitter.com/ZoeSchiffer/status/1593665774744350721

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Hardcastlemccormik posted:

And then the next guy showed Elon some TypeScript and Elon said that’s not real and fired him too.

Well that's fair.

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022
https://mobile.twitter.com/qkate/status/1593654371694575616?cxt=HHwWgIDU-aON5p0sAAAA

Elon’s probably more worried about his precious Twitter Blue, plus he has no idea how modern websites are actually kept alive.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Clyde Radcliffe posted:

yeah sure, i'll just hop into my personal jet and fly right over

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Elon, you're meant to be an eco-friendly person. Stop telling fuckers to fly to you because you've got brain problems.

Analog
Feb 2, 2001

Random Stranger posted:

Guys, help!

I sent him a screenshot of me running a tree command and I'm your manager now. You're fired btw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022

Clyde Radcliffe posted:

Ahahahahahahahhahahahah

https://twitter.com/ZoeSchiffer/status/1593665914808856576

He just keeps loving up. It just keeps going!