Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
Leaks, leaks, leaks!

https://www.reddit.com/r/Intellivision_Amico/comments/wfmc7n/come_invest_in_amico/

quote:

Fact Book:
Leverage Tommy as a promotional celebrity along with over 500,000+ active fan base of Video Game Live concert series

quote:

oh man there's some good gems in here. the "fact book" has a part on their financial projections for the next few years including 2020 sales (page 24). they projected that by 2023 amico would have already done a billion dollars in sales with a yearly income of ~$750 million for 2023 alone.

quote:

They were trying to raise $30m. They ended up getting $1.6m in convertible notes (debt @ 5% interest, which may be converted to equity by the holder).

quote:

This was prophetic (Battle Tanks, Starfox text): "Based on our limited operating history, there can be no assurance that we will be able to effectively [...] avoid infringement and misappropriation of third-party intellectual property"

quote:

Their Game Development slide lists Disney, Marvel, Ninja Turtles, Paw Patrol and others they clearly had no rights for. Another page lists games ("88 in pipeline"!) such as Jeopardy, Wheel of Fortune, Transformers and Pac-Man. So many lies. I guarantee the smart investors asked to see the licensing contracts and they could not be produced, hence the low success.

FishMcCool fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Aug 4, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

A billion dollars.

torgo
Aug 13, 2003

Fun Shoe
I kinda wish the Intellivision IP had gotten a better deal. Astrosmash is a legit good game. Sea Battle and Utopia were cool tactical games that worked well with the limitations of the system. Snafu is still my favorite flavor of snake/tron light cycles just because of how much I like the dumb little music loops.

But instead of releasing some remasters for current consoles/PC(maybe with a custom controller that let you use your phone in place of the numpad/overlay on the original Intellivision), they had to make an even more overpriced Ouya with less appeal.

Also:

quote:

Another page lists games ("88 in pipeline"!)

Nazis gonna Nazi, even in investment solicitations.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Actual news! An email update floated out from the new boss. TLDR: They're still in the "pilot runs to check for issues" stage of manufacturing (and if/when they do enter proper production units will be "limited"), and they've started licensing out their exclusive games for release on other platforms. Which doesn't bode amazingly for the console itself ever seeing the light of day.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

The Kins posted:

Actual news! An email update floated out from the new boss. TLDR: They're still in the "pilot runs to check for issues" stage of manufacturing (and if/when they do enter proper production units will be "limited"), and they've started licensing out their exclusive games for release on other platforms. Which doesn't bode amazingly for the console itself ever seeing the light of day.

Holy poo poo how does it take years to get production started on this thing?

And now, what's the loving point of this thing since any of the 'good games' assuming there are any, will now be available elsewhere?

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Jose Oquendo posted:

Holy poo poo how does it take years to get production started on this thing?

And now, what's the loving point of this thing since any of the 'good games' assuming there are any, will now be available elsewhere?

"How long do we have to drag this out before backers and investors forget they gave us money for a product?" would be my guess to both questions. It's point was to fleece money from rubes and venture capitalists (also known as "rubes with deeper pockets") and then drag it out long enough that people just consider it a wash.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
I think Tommy is broke guys.

https://bid.vegalleries.com/Super-NES-Emulator-SE-Developer-Kit_i46346793

First people noticed this old dev kit up for auction that specifically says it was used to convert music from games like Earthworm Jim and Cool Spot to the SNES.

Then they noticed the entire auction session the lot is a part of itself was full of things from his house.

https://bid.vegalleries.com/Popular-Culture-Presented-by-Van-Eaton-Galleries_as84849

Specifically "The largest collection of Spider-Man comics ever offered" including a copy of Amazing Fantasy #15.

There is...a lot of poo poo here that he had been collecting for decades.

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off
Considering that all that pre order money appears to have been pissed away on fancy offices and other luxury things instead of bringing a product to market, I am not surprised that it's come to this.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Yeah he is for sure in massive debt. He took advantage of people in a get rich quick scam and it didn’t work like he thought it would.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I remember one of the early videos took place in Tommy’s Spider-Man room. With great gently caress around comes with great find out.

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"
^^^ :golfclap:

(I guess that could sarcastically apply to Tommy, too)

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0twDETh6QaI

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The video is glorious. Highly recommended.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Detective No. 27 posted:

The video is glorious. Highly recommended.

I started watching out of curiosity and 22 minutes in I realize I have watched so much packed in so far that... how can this thing be 2 hours long?? What's the rest even going to be filled with? I guess I'll have to find out

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Saoshyant posted:

I started watching out of curiosity and 22 minutes in I realize I have watched so much packed in so far that... how can this thing be 2 hours long?? What's the rest even going to be filled with? I guess I'll have to find out

He says he meant it to be a 30 minute video that blew up to be 2 hours. There’s stuff covered by Pat and Ian on the CUPodcast but Hbomb digs so much deeper and keeps finding new poo poo about what were thought to be facts.

I always thought something was off about the way he kept name dropping Miyamoto. He probably only met him once briefly.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

I'm 48 minutes in and it just keeps getting crazier and crazier. What the hell is up with this Tommy Talarico fellow. All I knew was that he was some washed up musician who worked on some games, apparently has some racist views, and for some very odd reason decided to acquire the Intellivision brand in the nu20's to release a console no one wanted and which he had no idea how to actually produce. That all had been funny schadenfreude up to watching this video.

With all the material I've watched so far, when there's still 1 hour and 10 minutes left? It's like the deepest well on the weirdest weirdo who huffed his own farts so much that his mind broke down at some point.

Full credits to Hbomb. I don't think this could have made to be more entertaining than it is.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i just finished watching that video and holy lmfao it just keeps going deeper and getting more insane, i cannot believe tommy tallarico is a real person

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Two hours. And not a moment of it is wasted. Truly a class act on video production. Seriously, never watched anything by this guy before but I'm a fan for life now.

Basically,

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

i just finished watching that video and holy lmfao it just keeps going deeper and getting more insane, i cannot believe tommy tallarico is a real person

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Every minute I saw of Tommy Tallarico's G4TV show was too many

Philman
Jan 20, 2004

I'm only half way thru this thing. how is this so long. why did they have so much office space for amico holy crap.

the rest of it seems like he's just shamelessly self promoting.

the other guy from Reviews on the Run is still happily making shows about games if anyone was wondering.
https://youtube.com/@EPN

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Saoshyant posted:

Two hours. And not a moment of it is wasted. Truly a class act on video production. Seriously, never watched anything by this guy before but I'm a fan for life now.

Basically,

Hbokberguy used to post here before he got big.

I was hoping he’d mention that Talarico gave Katamari Damacy a bad review because he didn’t like the soundtrack.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

That video was a trip.

Like I thought the Guinness stuff was pretty eye opening, not that any of that poo poo matters, but he saved the best and craziest bit for last.

Incredible.

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off
I only had time to skim some of the video, but I'm left wondering why does Tommy have to self aggrandize so much? He's still obnoxious in the late 90s and early 00s but doesn't seem as bad about swiping credit then versus now. Is he currently chasing the "rock star" game dev fame he barely had back then? Rock star style game creators aren't a thing anymore, at least not in the same way they used to be.

Philman
Jan 20, 2004

ahaha, yeah let me just sneak this suitcase with $100K thru customs. what could go wrong.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Turbinosamente posted:

I only had time to skim some of the video, but I'm left wondering why does Tommy have to self aggrandize so much? He's still obnoxious in the late 90s and early 00s but doesn't seem as bad about swiping credit then versus now. Is he currently chasing the "rock star" game dev fame he barely had back then? Rock star style game creators aren't a thing anymore, at least not in the same way they used to be.

if you live in that kind of house you eventually start to believe you're a king

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

"Well, your cousin's a famous rock star, so...."

Now I'm wondering if even that's true.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Does Tommy Tallarico even exist, or did he invent himself whole cloth?

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

"Well, your cousin's a famous rock star, so...."

Now I'm wondering if even that's true.

I love how he definitely had absolutely nothing to do with Rockband Aerosmith, but takes full credit for it anyway.

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

You look tired. Maybe you should stop posting.

Commander Keene posted:

Does Tommy Tallarico even exist, or did he invent himself whole cloth?

Tommy Tallarico is an ancient trickster spirit here to cause misery.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Him being cousins with Stephen Tyler is a fact. Though this video puts into question just how close they even are. It would not be surprising if they haven’t spoken since the 90’s.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

ColdPie posted:

I love how he definitely had absolutely nothing to do with Rockband Aerosmith, but takes full credit for it anyway.
He even called it the third Guitar Hero game when it’s the fifth one (after 1, 2, Rocks the 80s and 3).

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
I learned about this console due to OOF.

Very funny. Thank you hbomb

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Turbinosamente posted:

narcissistic personality + mid-life crisis + massive fear of no longer being relevant

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
There is a bit of the pathological element to it. Sure, it's to his benefit, but he doesn't have the self-control to stick to stuff he can easily obscure, or to not put himself in situations like the Amico, where he apparently has to keep inflating his achievements or the whole bullshit house of cards immediately collapses.

Honestly the biggest drawback to the video is even before you know how much he's lying it's kinda hard to listen to Tallarico talk? He's one of those guys who is always at max level pumping themselves up all the time, being around him must be exhausting.

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow
The entire time I was watching this I realized Tallarico reminded me of Trump behavior wise.

May Joey Kulas’ songs find a place in heaven. There’s no way he’s not waking up to a billion notifications on his youtube account from people responding to his comment on the Terminator sega soundtrack, despite Hbomb asking people to leave him out of this.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

https://tommytallarico.com

Just go.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Perfect trolling.

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow
amazing

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I finally had a chance to sit down and watch hbomberguy's video thus weekend. I just... there are no words capable of expressing my amazement at Tommy. It has reached the point where, if he told me the sky was blue, I wouldn't even check and just assume he was lying. I am honestly surprised at both how blatant his lying was, AND HOW HE'S NEVER BEEN CALLED OUT ON IT. I just... I can't even... it's not like he's even some super-big name in the industry, he's the head of a music and sound effect company who's claim to fame is that they've worked on some games before their franchises blew up, and who runs a video game concert (which is still kind of impressive, just running and orchestrating something like that, but not SUPER influential and he seems to downplay that aspect of his career).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I think Tommy is a good musician and composer, and that's where my appreciation starts and stops.