Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Ytlaya posted:

I can't for the life of me figure out how to do this second mushroom puzzle for that event. Is this some colorblind thing? There are 3 blue orbs and the other 6 orbs are all the same color! I can't copy anything else.

Edit: According to the internet, some of these are red and others are green. This was some comically bad color choice; I literally can't distinguish between the red and green orbs at all, because they're both a similar pale shade.

I really despise color puzzles like that, despite not being colorblind myself. They really need to include symbol indicators of some sort for that exact reason.

Be sure to mention that in this event survey if you haven't done it yet, I didn't think of that when I sent mine off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

My game plan as far as banners go is to save for Wanderer, see what the Alhaitham leaks look like, then try to hit my guarantee on whichever one looks better.

Then ignore the rest of Sumeru and save for Nahida rerun :shepface:

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

lagidnam posted:

Woke up this morning and realized that my Genshin account is only linked to my Twitter, because of their two-factor authentication. Seems like a really bad idea right now.

Yeah I hear the plug has been pulled on twitter's 2fa (the twit calls it 'bloatware') so you probably want to get that sorted

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Well, chucked in 50 wishes to the Childe pot because I was after those 4 stars and got Layla, Thoma and Chongyun as new characters! Nice to get a few new people at once.

Also got a couple of Heizou to bring him to C4 which is fine because I quite like air punchy man.

Now I’m a bit uncertain, I think I actually want Childe, but there’s all these cool newer characters upcoming. Bloody gacha.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Oh boy, almost time to burn at-most a few 10-pulls on the Yae banner hoping for Layla and not another Yae Con.

Ytlaya posted:

Edit: According to the internet, some of these are red and others are green. This was some comically bad color choice; I literally can't distinguish between the red and green orbs at all, because they're both a similar pale shade.
Not colorblind myself, but it crossed my mind while doing them. If you haven't gotten through them yet there are various articles avaialble for the "optimal" strategy which list what row/column and what action to take, which should let you finish.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
They keep giving Scara little personal buffs and giving Faruzan little support nerfs, it's kinda weird. Maybe they wanna make him better in the cool multi-element Scara teams, and worse in the boring "green Geo" mono element Scara teams?

Honestly it's fine by me. If I win 50/50 on Miko I might toss a pity's worth of gems on his banner depending on how he ends up.

:rip: Xiao mains, though.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

MoonCrab posted:

They keep giving Scara little personal buffs and giving Faruzan little support nerfs, it's kinda weird. Maybe they wanna make him better in the cool multi-element Scara teams, and worse in the boring "green Geo" mono element Scara teams?

Honestly it's fine by me. If I win 50/50 on Miko I might toss a pity's worth of gems on his banner depending on how he ends up.

Sounds like a weird decision. Scara's gimmicks are his movement powers and his attack speed increases. His infusions (other than hydro) seem to be more consolation prizes for not having a better anemo team. Decreasing Faruzad's buffs seem especially bad because Venti, Kazuha,Xiao, and higher constellation Jean all hit decently well with anemo damage if built for it.

ninjoatse.cx fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Nov 18, 2022

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
I want an Anemo support that gives an infusion so I can do full Anemo DPS Jean.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

MoonCrab posted:

Scara was very weak and faruzan was beyond ridiculous. She continuously generated particles while applying a shenhe buff and a gorou buff and a venerer effect, from off field. And Scara was a hovering heizou, I don't get how they even got to beta with the power distribution that they had.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Scara's burst, stomping memes aside, feels really uninspired

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

coward, i will never roll for scarmaouche

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

gandlethorpe posted:

Scara's burst, stomping memes aside, feels really uninspired

I think it's meant to just be an intro or finisher for Scara on the field. Very Childe-burst-like.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Did a few of pulls on Childe's banner and got Layla to C1 and more importantly Heizou to C4, but I also managed to win the 50/50 and got Childe. What's he even good for these days? I don't like the way he plays but if he's super good on a team I guess I could use him there.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

ninjoatse.cx posted:

I think it's meant to just be an intro or finisher for Scara on the field. Very Childe-burst-like.
But Childe's vaporizes and fills cooldown time and is modal. The modalities even have two different interactions with riptide, one applies and the other removes. (Childe's burst is imo one of the best in terms of design)

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Sounds like a weird decision. Scara's gimmicks are his movement powers and his attack speed increases. His infusions (other than hydro) seem to be more consolation prizes for not having a better anemo team. Decreasing Faruzad's buffs seem especially bad because Venti, Kazuha,Xiao, and higher constellation Jean all hit decently well with anemo damage if built for it.

"better anemo team" meaning faruzan plus two non-anemo supports? there are no other anemos who are gonna be relevant to scaramouche in a way that e.g. bennett+xingqiu wouldn't

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Stare-Out posted:

Did a few of pulls on Childe's banner and got Layla to C1 and more importantly Heizou to C4, but I also managed to win the 50/50 and got Childe. What's he even good for these days? I don't like the way he plays but if he's super good on a team I guess I could use him there.

His best team (that i know of) is Childe/XIangling/Kazuha/Bennet. Vaping while Xiangling's burst is ongoing.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Specifically Xiangling is supposed to be vaping and he's supporting her.

Childe only wants to reverse-vape the big number hit from his burst (with benny's help), then afterwards he applies enough hydro that xiangling gets to own the reactions.
He should work for hyperbloom teams too if you have an off field electro popper like kuki/raiden but idk if he's the best for that due to weird rotation downtime / cd management.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

"better anemo team" meaning faruzan plus two non-anemo supports? there are no other anemos who are gonna be relevant to scaramouche in a way that e.g. bennett+xingqiu wouldn't

I suppose. I'd like to put the national team members on the shelf for awhile, mostly because I'm just plain sick of them. The reports I've seen have that Scara's burst isn't as great as suction, so I was thinking of putting a second anemo on his team to assist. I was hoping Far's skillset would make that a much more attractive option.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

ninjoatse.cx posted:

His best team (that i know of) is Childe/XIangling/Kazuha/Bennet. Vaping while Xiangling's burst is ongoing.

Yeah I thought as much, thanks. Shame it's boring as hell though. First time ever I would've preferred to lose 50/50 for a constellation and save it up for Scara or Itto or whatever. Who would've thought I'd actually get him with 3 10-pulls on his banner after 0 pulls after getting Yoimiya. What a game.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

ninjoatse.cx posted:

tbf this team is extremely strong, when you get it to work properly

but i already have a c2 raiden national team so eh

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

mushroom hitler

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Nyaawn posted:

mushroom hitler

a mod to put pencil mustaches on all the 'shrooms

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD
For context that Childe team when played well could do sub 20 seconds on 12-1-1 of the last abyss at C0 with no 5 star weapons.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Got Layla in my first 10 pull. Now I'm torn on whether or not to keep fishing for 4* constellations, which I'd like for all 3.

Edit: got C2 Jean from pity, so I kept fishing. Ended at C6 Heizou, C4 Thoma, C4 Layla, and guaranteed Wanderer :toot:

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Nov 19, 2022

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Threw down some pulls for the 4*s, got Yae C2 at about 30 pity. Heizou, Heizou, Heizou+Yae C2, Heizou, Layla. Gonna save what I've got left and aim to complete the archon collection on the Raiden rerun

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

As I pull another smelly Diluc I begin to realize that maybe I should have picked Tighnari over Ganyu when I had the chance :smith:

Ganyu will be back, but the fact that my day 1 most wanted character was Jean and I STILL don't have her bodes ill for the foxlad.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Redhorn is one of the best weapons in the game and still only does ~136% as much dps as the poverty-option R1 Whiteblind, according to the charts on the keqingmains page for Itto.
(And it's a single-digit percentage difference vs r5 serpent spine.)

So like yeah you will notice doing more damage but it's not gamechanging levels, in the end the difference between hitting for 30k and hitting for 40k is not gonna affect your gameplay too much.
While the game difficulty is set such that these things don't really matter,

but multipliers gonna multiply, and thats how whales get from 30k to 75k. Throw in another 36% more damage multiplier in there (e.g. some constellations) and now its almost double and 55k. And then perfect artifacts or something and now its 75k or whatever.

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011

MoonCrab posted:

As I pull another smelly Diluc I begin to realize that maybe I should have picked Tighnari over Ganyu when I had the chance :smith:

Ganyu will be back, but the fact that my day 1 most wanted character was Jean and I STILL don't have her bodes ill for the foxlad.

Jean is very good hope you get her eventually.

Burned my savings since I was at 50/50 and would not be sad to get Mko. Ended up at c4 or 5 on all the 4stars and got another Diluc as well as my first Kuki which was a nice surprise.

Also Miko cause she showed up the same 10 pull Diluc did.

So slightly better than expected but am right back at the 50/50 again.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Heizou twice and then a useless Thoma.

Stop jerkin me around mihoyo

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

From the test run, though, Layla has very cute animations but her gameplay feels a bit clunky and I already have Ayaka anyway :shrug:

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Somehow getting duplicate Thomas feels worse than like Xingqiu or Diona even though it makes no difference whatsoever once you hit c6. I wish Thoma was good but he's not, he's trash. No Layla in 78 pulls but I got c9 Thoma so that's also bad.

I have no idea why I even wanted Yae Miko - I had primos to waste and I sure did waste em. What teams does Yae Miko go with? I imagine you want anemo suction to keep enemies around her elemental skill. So like Yae / Kazuha / Nahida / Kokomi :confused:

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Nyaawn posted:

From the test run, though, Layla has very cute animations but her gameplay feels a bit clunky and I already have Ayaka anyway :shrug:

her shield is pretty nice in the Mondstadt talent domain. Wish it lasted longer. Hard to judge if she's going to be good at damage, but at 6/6/6, signs point to "no". Maybe I can rekit her out in Blizzard stayer stuff. For some reason, I thought her ult would give her a shield as well, but it does not. Still a very cute character

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

ninjoatse.cx posted:

her shield is pretty nice in the Mondstadt talent domain. Wish it lasted longer. Hard to judge if she's going to be good at damage, but at 6/6/6, signs point to "no". Maybe I can rekit her out in Blizzard stayer stuff. For some reason, I thought her ult would give her a shield as well, but it does not. Still a very cute character

She's workable with decent utility, but the 15->12 change was pretty brutal in making smooth rotations. I'm already finding her fun enough to play, though, since she lets my Heizou and Yelan (and Chong ofc) run together in an overworld freeze team.

Pro tip: Yelan's hold E can proc Layla's star generation on her E twice

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Despite having some decent characters, Heizou Layla Nahida Nilou is possibly my worst friendship team ever.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

I'd think it super obvious that Layla is not going to be much of a damagedealer, considering her kit and scaling stats. She seems like a sidegrade to Diona, trading out the abiltiy to heal for a stronger shield with 100% uptime and more consistent cryo application over time.

Might be funny to pair her up with Shenhe for big-ish numbers though.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

I got super lucky and got c1 Layla in 30 pulls and now I'm waffling on pulling for Yae. Her skill felt incredibly awkward to use in the trial, why doesn't it have iframes? It looks like a dodge, it'd fit kitsune trickery, just :psyduck: Also since she's more supporty and I already have Keqing and Fischl at least leveled, I think it's best to just wait for the units I really want, as much as I love Yae's character.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

As a person deeply in love with foxgirls, don't pull for Yae. Hot is sometimes not the answer. I am actually glad despite rolling 30 times I didn't pop a 5* on her (again)

Also wow I forgot how much Heizou owns

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
God I'm trying DPS Heizou / Yelan / Fischl / Nahida and Nahida is so good at eating up elemental application poor Heizou can hardly get a swirl in.

Putting dendro aside, DPS Heizou is legitimately strong I can hit for 40k anemo with his skill and 25k on his burst every 12s. But the suction ain't there and grouping is kinda a big deal in this game. Sucrose, Venti, and Kazuha all have on-demand suction. Having no suction really sucks. :haw:

Healer Heizou is legit with the proto amber thanks to his low burst energy. All you need is ER and EM and any damage is just extra. But he's out-classed by Jean and Sayu and I just prefer Sayu in almost every case because she can close distances quickly in the abyss which matters on spread out floors and bosses who can teleport across the chamber. Sayu is also the obvious pick for the overworld. Heizou is a good healer I just don't see him surpassing existing ones.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

Well Miko came home within 110 pulls and I only had 160 pulls earmarked for 3.2 and 3.3 so Scara's probably gonna be dropped. Oh well!

Also got Heizou c4, Thoma c4, and Layla c2. A :geno: end to a :geno: banner. Gonna be trying Layla as the flex in Nahida/Xingqiu/Raiden. I never thought about it before but a 12s CD unit actually fits in perfectly in a rotation with 25s skill uptimes. Might be an interesting future design space that mhy could play around in: off-field hydros with 12s CD or 25s durations. Maybe hydro archon will be one :shrug:

Sanctum posted:

I have no idea why I even wanted Yae Miko - I had primos to waste and I sure did waste em. What teams does Yae Miko go with? I imagine you want anemo suction to keep enemies around her elemental skill. So like Yae / Kazuha / Nahida / Kokomi :confused:

You can use her like that, sure. Her use cases:

1. Onfield electro driver in an aggravate comp. Strong, but right now we're waiting for a dendro healer with light dendro application for easy swirls and survivability.
2. Electro dps for quicken quickswap. Right now Tighnari does this best but maybe we'll more dendro units that play like this eventually.
3. The second electro in a hyperbloom team. She usually doesn't mess with blooms so this is pretty good.
4. Double nuke with Raiden/Kazuha/Bennett. Useful for content with 2 waves, or stuff like Maguu Kenki where you need to knock out some health before he goes invulnerable for a bit.
4. Solo or second electro in a taser team. Taser teams are just raw damage teams in a trenchcoat and usually aggravate is better but sometimes this becomes a good choice depending on the enemies.
5. Miko+Fischl off-field dps enabled by petra geo onfielder or VV anemo onfielder. Mediocre but if you need a geo/anemo onfielder for whatever reason you can do it.

Other stuff I forgot?

MoonCrab fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Nov 19, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012
I like yae, sara, kazuha/sucrose and a flex slot, usually kokomi. Great all purpose abyss team and quite good at sniping some of the annoying bosses, like the geo dog and the robot snake. You do need to use sara skill CA every now and then to get yae ult on cd.

https://i.imgur.com/VEG6seC.mp4