Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

GeorgieMordor posted:

Frustrating, because I'm getting nothing like this. I'm hovering at an unreliable high 40s FPS-wise with a 2080 at 1080p.

My CPU isn't capping out so it seems like it's got to be an optimization issue for now?

Have you updated your drivers to the latest?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Just saw this, bar graphs!

well yes but you see one is a mkV and one is mkII and those have different base stats in and of themselves!

bar graphs!

GeorgieMordor
Jan 23, 2015

Internet Explorer posted:

Have you updated your drivers to the latest?

I have. I'm using the latest NVIDIA ones -- 526.98.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Full OST:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olqaqM21Dro

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

GeorgieMordor posted:

Frustrating, because I'm getting nothing like this. I'm hovering at an unreliable high 40s FPS-wise with a 2080 at 1080p.

My CPU isn't capping out so it seems like it's got to be an optimization issue for now?

like honestly pour over the settings and turn down some of the heavier GPU usage settings that you can do without. Like for me I shouldn't be CPU bottlenecked and it never looked like I was but turning down some of the CPU heavy elements did a significant difference to me

game for sure needs some more optimizing though but if the rest of your setup is more or less okay you should be able to find some setting that will make it playable I think

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Martout posted:

yeah the Ogryn is never going to handle long range threats, that's for Veteran and Psyker

The grenadier gauntlet is actually shockingly legit at range, tbqh. Its pretty accurate after you compensate for the projectile drop and direct hits gib basically anything that's not in carapace armor.

For the weapons I've got unlocked at the moment is probably the ogryn best one.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Looking through the penances for the various classes, some of these seem nuts. "Charge through 100 enemies in a single charge as Ogryn", "Complete a mission in under 10 minutes with no wounds remaining for 75% of the time as Preacher", "Complete a mission with 100% accuracy and end with 0 ammo as Sharpshooter"... Did they even test these?

Also lol, the comparison window is so useless.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Broken Cog posted:

Looking through the penances for the various classes, some of these seem nuts. "Charge through 100 enemies in a single charge as Ogryn", "Complete a mission in under 10 minutes with no wounds remaining for 75% of the time as Preacher", "Complete a mission with 100% accuracy and end with 0 ammo as Sharpshooter"... Did they even test these?

Yeah they are penance, my fellow sinner, not "happy cool time fun sins". They're supposed to hurt badly, it''s the Emperor teaching you his love.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Broken Cog posted:

Also lol, the comparison window is so useless.

Do those have difficulty requirements? I can at least see the last one being pretty easily cheesable, get the lowest ammo ranged weapon, carefully use all your ammo early in the mission, then just play as a lovely melee.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Arzaac posted:

Do those have difficulty requirements? I can at least see the last one being pretty easily cheesable, get the lowest ammo ranged weapon, carefully use all your ammo early in the mission, then just play as a lovely melee.

Yep, all of them have difficulty requirements, 3 or 4 I think.
Also, I think Sharpshooter has ammo regen on elite kill, so that could be fun.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

i cant get into the game bc theres no open lobby server slots i guess? whose genius idea was it to make the game's menu a stupid online lobby?

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

Broken Cog posted:

Yep, all of them have difficulty requirements, 3 or 4 I think.
Also, I think Sharpshooter has ammo regen on elite kill, so that could be fun.

You know a challenge is well designed when it makes you hate your character and their perks

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i think it's safe assuming if it's like most other things involving numbers in the beta those are probably placeholder values or generated by a placeholder procedure so it spitting out wild numbers isn't necessarily indicative of the final intended product

"charge through 100 enemies in a single charge" being the most obvious one

Cowcaster fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Nov 18, 2022

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

juggalo baby coffin posted:

i cant get into the game bc theres no open lobby server slots i guess? whose genius idea was it to make the game's menu a stupid online lobby?

Matchmaking seems like it’s been down for 10 min or so

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

There's a track right near the end of the soundtrack called "The Emperor of Mankind". It rules.

It's a longer and more choral/triumphal arrangement of Imperial Advance, the song from the Sharpshooter trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olqaqM21Dro&t=6188s

Curious if it will be the soundtrack for the finale event similar to skittergates, seems like it could be.

Sharkopath fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Nov 18, 2022

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

The very concept is flawed. "Complete a mission in under x minutes" means theres going to be a percentage of players who will leave midgame if they think they can't reach that. By creating challenges beyond the core loop you encourage players to stray away from that loop and play sub-optimally.

Which is fine by yourself. But I, your teammate, am relying on you not to drain all your ammo on chump mobs and play like an idiot for the rest of the match.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Yeah, can't even get on the mourningstar now. Oh well, time for a break I guess

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz
They're on it I guess
https://twitter.com/DarktideComms/status/1593697129624649728
Good thing they released the full soundtrack while we wait.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
For anyone else still having performance issues and crashes, disabling Steam overlay added like 20fps and i havent crashed a single time in hours since.

Also for some reason that scanner map is like twice as hard on frames as any other map

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Looks like the game is working again

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!

GeorgieMordor posted:

I have. I'm using the latest NVIDIA ones -- 526.98.

I have a 2080 as well and this game hates it.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Why is my cursor stuck in the middle of the screen in darktide

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

I dunno, but it's a bug in Vermintide as well. I think the only way to fix it is to quit / re-open.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Alt tab fixed that for a friend of mine last night, or try alt enter to go in and out of wide-screen?

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

How does the item level or power rating scale? I assume it increases the damage your character does, does it also increase defence? And like going from a 100 power gun to a 107 power gun for example, is there a granular linear rise in your character power from every increase, or are there certain thresholds to meet with any variance in between doing nothing?

How much does this power rating matter in contrast to the specific stats on a weapon? Roughly how large a delta between weapon power levels does it take for a higher power weapon to be flat out superior to a lower power weapon that has more preferred stats?

Do answers to these questions exist?

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Wheeee posted:

:fatshark:

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

well i've got to come clean and admit i'm grabbing darktide now after claiming i wouldn't bother picking it up for early access because i'm going to be out of town from the 20th through the 28th, the 30th birthday pub crawl happening tonight has been greatly reduced in scope as has the "friendsgiving" thing i'm going to tomorrow so now i don't know what i'm going to do with all this extra unexpected free time before sunday and i might as well fill it with some darktide

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

one of us, one of us

Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.
I'm curious to hear your overall impressions so far. How's the level of bugginess? Is the core gameplay fun?

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Perestroika posted:

Dang, that assassination mission in the train station is really quite tricky, haven't won that one yet. The plasma pistol of the boss hits like a truck, and there are just enough specials coming in to really ruin your day. A hound or trapper at the wrong time and the whole thing's hosed.

Barely got through that, hadn't fought against him with the plasma pistol before but holy poo poo that was nasty. Need to learn to dodge that for sure. We were down to one person at the end.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Bussamove posted:

Trapper is a lot of maniacal cackling, I think.

I enjoy the less vocal, more uniquely distinct sounds for some of the specials spawning. The click-click-click-FWOOSH of flamers and PING of a pin being pulled for the bomber are both great and easy to pick out of the noise.

Easy to pick out? I can’t hear anything like that except for the hound, wtf?

Diogenes of Sinope
Jul 10, 2008
Stability varies, but I'm doing decently on a 6 year old CPU and a 2060 and haven't had any performance-related crashes, just server back end issues that are to be expected in a beta.

The core game play feels solid. I played a lot of Vermintide and the melee system is essentially unchanged here. Those skills still serve me well. What is definitely tougher to acclimate to is the heavier emphasis on ranged. Cover and suppression mechanics are VERY important, you get chewed up quick compared to Vermintide.

The aesthetics and music are fantastic. If you are a 40k fan, this game does the setting justice.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

If you go over to the psycharium or whatever the hell it's called (where you do the training, it's to the right from spawn) you can choose The Meat Grinder and load into a firing range of sorts with a bunch of dummy enemies to attack. Kind of a nice way to try out your gear and see actual health bars and damage numbers. I just unlocked the Ogryn grenade gauntlet thing, dis gonna be fun :hellyeah:

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

That's right! I'm the counting sheep, Meeko. And I'm a proper sheep youkai!

Wheeee posted:

How does the item level or power rating scale? I assume it increases the damage your character does, does it also increase defence? And like going from a 100 power gun to a 107 power gun for example, is there a granular linear rise in your character power from every increase, or are there certain thresholds to meet with any variance in between doing nothing?

How much does this power rating matter in contrast to the specific stats on a weapon? Roughly how large a delta between weapon power levels does it take for a higher power weapon to be flat out superior to a lower power weapon that has more preferred stats?

Hero Power affects how much damage you do, how much you stagger enemies (both the chance and for how long on both basic attacks and shoves), and how many enemies you can hit at once (where applicable). Your total hero power is based on your equipped weapons and curios - a individual item's power level doesn't directly affect the damage it does per se, so even if one of your weapons is a lower power level than the other, they'll do damage based on your overall hero level (so having a bad weapon makes both weapons worse). If it's like vermintide, each difficulty below the highest also has a cap for how high your power can be. it has no bearing on defense.

as for the other question: lol and lmao who knows. just equip the highest power level stuff you get unless you really need a secondary effect until you can get max level gear, then start being picky.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Had a great interaction between my Ogryn* and another one in a match just now, he talks about how one must treat your gear properly and mine chimes in about how its also important to name your weapons and give them hugs:3:

*whose name is Thag Simmons(well in-game there's a hyphen in there because you can't have spaces in names for some reason) and he is a good loyal servant to the Throne

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

I don't get the complaints about the challenges, I think they're meant to be lifetime things you might randomly get eventually rather than things to be grinded out in the first days of the beta. Also, they're probably placeholder values at this point.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Ciaphas posted:

Easy to pick out? I can’t hear anything like that except for the hound, wtf?

Flamers sound like an igniting gasrange, bombers have a ping from a grenade pin being pulled and will shout lines like "bomber advancing" , Trappers have female voiced callouts about selling you, and some jingling of chains. Theyre not as in your face as in V2 but after a while you can pick em out.

After getting tired of pubbies ignoring specials I tried veteran and I gotta say - space CoD is a lot of fun.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
I still really hate the poxbursters/boomers. Once they get close enough there's quite literally nothing you can do to avoid the damage, it feels like.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Six missions in a row now without a drop, this is super.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Anyone who was having crashes with DLSS enabled before have you tried to enable it since the update? Curious if that's been fixed.