Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

When do we get the RWM character assassination pieces on SMith calling him the biggest left liberal who ever radicaled and where he once had a phone call with Soros or some poo poo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

BiggerBoat posted:

When do we get the RWM character assassination pieces on SMith calling him the biggest left liberal who ever radicaled and where he once had a phone call with Soros or some poo poo?

Well, it's Friday night so let's see what the Sunday morning idiots can poo poo out.

They won't have a strategy formed yet but I bet Lindsay Graham will be there.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

BiggerBoat posted:

Already happening

https://twitter.com/BradMossEsq/status/1593757368780742658

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

"Potential Republican presidential candidate" yeah right nobody ever heard of this guy before he got arrested

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

That bribery decision was 9-0? WTF :psyduck:

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Charlz Guybon posted:

Determining mens rea requires telepathy rather than something being beyond reasonable doubt, I suppose.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Ynglaur posted:

Ah, fair enough.

i dont think friday night drops, that soften over the weekend for monday are a thing anymore, especially with birdsit- , i mean with various internet holes all doing their own thing.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

“The Mueller Smear”? The guy who said, “I wish I could say he was innocent, but I can’t so instead I will make no claims”?

Also, the right likes to ignore all the convictions Mueller got and the almost hundred million seized.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

I'm low-key wondering if he's going to shave back to his clean cut DOJ file photo, or keep that epic movie villain beard.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
whats funny is even if its all long shaggy dogs story, the GOP is gonna waste even more time and tie itself even closer to trump because the chuds demand it and now we will see some impeachment effort on garland because of this. if they had any brains they would ignore this and keep severing ties to the fucker like they were trying to do last week.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

How much can the Republican house gently caress with the special counsel? Funding?

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

The investigation is pretty much done, so there's really not a lot of money that needs to be spent. I guess it would just be the guy's salary and maybe whoever assists him, but we're really just talking about DOJ lawyers going to court at this point. If it matters, the DOJ is already fully funded through the end of the FY, and we should have criminal cases filed well before then.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

wait, doesn't Trump have this weird thing where he hates beards and thinks anyone who has facial hair is low class? Well, I think we now know what he's got to do then...

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Why do we think Aaron Rodgers is going to prosecute Trump

And why is he a Viking now

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Charlz Guybon posted:

meetings and events and other gentle leans do not qualify as an official act quid pro quo, basically

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Rigel posted:

wait, doesn't Trump have this weird thing where he hates beards and thinks anyone who has facial hair is low class? Well, I think we now know what he's got to do then...

probably, he thinks pets are low class apperently and would poo poo on pence for having them.

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1593780790022017024

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1593781648549892096

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1593783033374515202
https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1593788290205089792

anyway he is gonna force the chud house to defend them and keep this in the headlines in the dumbest ways.

he looks like a faction leader from a 4x game

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

Dapper_Swindler posted:

he looks like a faction leader from a 4x game

Played by Jason Mantzoukas.

Mr. Grumpybones
Apr 18, 2002
"We're falling out of the sky! We're going down! We're a silver gleaming death machine!"

\

“You can’t defund the special counsel! You will regret this!”

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
Does the congress even have that granular level of control over department spending?

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 43 hours!)

Charlz Guybon posted:

Does the congress even have that granular level of control over department spending?

Generally yes

"No money appropriated by this Congress shall be used to fund X."

Dralun
May 22, 2012

Rust Martialis posted:

Generally yes

"No money appropriated by this Congress shall be used to fund X."

Is that something that just the house can do, or does the senate have to vote for it also?

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

Dralun posted:

Is that something that just the house can do, or does the senate have to vote for it also?

The Senate, and barring a 2/3 majority of both houses, it needs a presidential signature. So it means about as much as a promise to impeach Hunter Biden's laptop.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Yeah, there is not even the slightest chance in hell that this stupid threat to force the special counsel to work for free will happen.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
Even if it were successful, in the era of crowd funding I don't think he'd have trouble paying his bills.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Killer robot posted:

The Senate, and barring a 2/3 majority of both houses, it needs a presidential signature. So it means about as much as a promise to impeach Hunter Biden's laptop.

This. It won’t mean poo poo outside another dumb unpopular circus the GOP will do in the house.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Dapper_Swindler posted:

This. It won’t mean poo poo outside another dumb unpopular circus the GOP will do in the house.

The special counsel probably helps reduce the amount of nonsense Gym Jordan and Matt Gaetz are going to pull next session from the judiciary committee. Sure, they can demand DoJ come answer questions but now for anything on this topic DoJ can just say, “that’s the special counsels area, your just going to have to wait for his decision.”

Can you imagine the ridiculous mouth vomit these two are going to spew while they both were involved in the Jan 06 plotting? Didn’t they both try and get pardons?

God, drat what a mess.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Dapper_Swindler posted:

probably, he thinks pets are low class apperently and would poo poo on pence for having them.

There are plenty of legitimate reasons for a person to themselves not own pets, but anyone who actually thinks less of someone who does own pets is clearly and obviously double-super evil, and this sentence alone should have tipped literally every single person in the country with any moral compass whatsoever that this drooling moron is basically an impotent, ignorant, incompetent version of the devil.

The part that will always chill me is maybe everyone moral did, both times.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Veryslightlymad posted:

There are plenty of legitimate reasons for a person to themselves not own pets, but anyone who actually thinks less of someone who does own pets is clearly and obviously double-super evil, and this sentence alone should have tipped literally every single person in the country with any moral compass whatsoever that this drooling moron is basically an impotent, ignorant, incompetent version of the devil.

Will never tire of the endless ways that Trump is literally the Antichrist, and the fake-Christian demons of middle America love him for it.

A big part of David Lynch's career has been showing that pure evil lives barely underneath the surface in white picket fence American towns, but Trump laid that all bare in a much more real and inescapable way. MAGAGA: Walk With Me

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Veryslightlymad posted:

There are plenty of legitimate reasons for a person to themselves not own pets, but anyone who actually thinks less of someone who does own pets is clearly and obviously double-super evil,

To normal people a dog is the physical embodiment of love, the most loving and loyal companion.

But to Trump, a dog is something dirty, something to be despised, to be kicked probably.

It’s always been clear in how he uses the word:

“I fired him, like a dog”
“I threw him out, like a dog”
“Rubio was sweating like a dog”

Pure sociopathy. Trump is the only president in like 120 YEARS to not have a dog in the WH.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Veryslightlymad posted:

yeah, like i get people not liking animals/pets and etc but trump is such a tabula rasa of hosed up sociopathy. I have read alot of true crime and trump always reminds me of the weird broken sociopaths in the various jack olsen true crime like kevin coe and his hosed up mother, superficial morons who have poo poo politics and do hosed up awful poo poo and apparently go into full meltdown.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Nov 19, 2022

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

MrMojok posted:

To normal people a dog is the physical embodiment of love, the most loving and loyal companion.

But to Trump, a dog is something dirty, something to be despised, to be kicked probably.

It’s always been clear in how he uses the word:

“I fired him, like a dog”
“I threw him out, like a dog”
“Rubio was sweating like a dog”

Pure sociopathy. Trump is the only president in like 120 YEARS to not have a dog in the WH.

His father drilled it into his brain from a young age that owning a pet was a sign of being poor or low status and that poor people used having a dog as a means of quietly usurping the social order of command so that they could feel like they were a part of the lord class and the dog was their personal serf, instead of them being serfs to people like the Trumps, the actual lords of the world. So Trump's hatred of dogs is psychologically entwined with his hatred of poor people, and it's going to be one of those things he hangs onto in his mushy goobrain to his dying day.

negativeneil
Jul 8, 2000

"Personally, I think he's done a great job of being down to earth so far."
I always figured "like a dog" was Trump's cutesy, palatable way of getting to say "like a bitch" in public.

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

negativeneil posted:

I always figured "like a dog" was Trump's cutesy, palatable way of getting to say "like a bitch" in public.

It absolutely is. In the Access Hollywood tape we heard how he actually talks when he thinks the cameras aren't on.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Fuschia tude posted:

It absolutely is. In the Access Hollywood tape we heard how he actually talks when he thinks the cameras aren't on.

"Moved on her like a bitch" is quintessential weird Trump, no one else could talk that hosed up

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Failed Imagineer posted:

Will never tire of the endless ways that Trump is literally the Antichrist, and the fake-Christian demons of middle America love him for it.

A big part of David Lynch's career has been showing that pure evil lives barely underneath the surface in white picket fence American towns, but Trump laid that all bare in a much more real and inescapable way. MAGAGA: Walk With Me

Trump having the police clear protestors so he could walk across the street to give a speech on some church steps will forever remain the most :wtf: thing about his presidency and his support to me. The absolute literal opposite of what Jesus would do.

Bel Shazar
Sep 14, 2012

Simplex posted:

Trump having the police clear protestors so he could walk across the street to give a speech on some church steps will forever remain the most :wtf: thing about his presidency and his support to me. The absolute literal opposite of what Jesus would do.

Jesus would have done it with a bullwhip

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug

Coach Beard from Ted Lasso?

Keyser_Soze fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Nov 20, 2022

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Raising and taking care of a dog requires work, commitment, time, sacrifice and love.

So it's pretty easy to understand why Trump would not want or care for one.

Plus there's the part where if he had one, people would want to pet it and pay attention to who's a good boy and that would detract from people paying attention to HIM.

E

But if he DID have or get one, it would no doubt be the Greatest Dog in All of History - the likes of which no one has ever seen - and many people come up to him with tears in their eyes saying they've never seen such a beautiful dog.

Just the most perfect dog.

BiggerBoat fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Nov 20, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neorxenawang
Jun 9, 2003

Keyser_Soze posted:

Coach Beard from Ted Lasso?

Pretty sure that's Jordan Peterson's cameo on the Orville.