Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'

Snipe

Rationale fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Nov 19, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

hallo spacedog posted:

Obvious troll, gas thread

Giraffe
Dec 12, 2005

Soiled Meat
Second Location Donuts

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I can smell that place right through the monitor, wow

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009
:catstare:

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

ChubbyChecker posted:

did he try to pay them wages?

He paid well. There were lots of issues but the main one was imagine trying to train someone to make donuts who has never even seen a donut before and has no context for them. You would have to find someone really dedicated to the idea of learning something new and sticking with it. Most people he tried to hire would just split in a week or two, or he'd have to fire them because they wouldn't follow direction.

It was also an expat hangout joint as well as a donut shop, like it sold beer and people would chill there for hours at a time, so there's kind of an expectation for him to be there and holding court. That was a strain on top of the rest of it, one that a US donut shop wouldn't have.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

I am pretty sure this was in Asia considering a city of 10 mil with only one donut joint.

Yep.

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

hallo spacedog posted:

Obvious troll, gas thread

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

Leperflesh posted:

I can smell that place right through the monitor, wow

I missed it, what happened?

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'
I posted nasty pics but I forgot to do airplane mode and whatnot stay tuned

Rationale fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Nov 19, 2022

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
yikes

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.
Maybe you should put your phone on airplane mode because you're on a plane getting away from that terrible building.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

lol

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
Incredible thread pacing

Giraffe
Dec 12, 2005

Soiled Meat
The first batch had interior shots, it looked like a pretty nice place to get murdered.

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

Rationale posted:

can't wait to visit Donut Hovel

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Starblech's

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
It’s a long John call it long johns

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

I got the tude now posted:

Incredible thread pacing

No it's not good at all this poo poo is all out of order

blackmet
Aug 5, 2006

I believe there is a universal Truth to the process of doing things right (Not that I have any idea what that actually means).
I'm not really sure how to pull off a drive thru there, unless you want it to be the date donut shop.

Based on the exterior, it probably has a bit of potential as a basic retail store, if fixed up. Used appliances, building supplies, something like that -- the kind of place you go to when you need a $100 oven and can just haul it away. Or maybe a laundromat. Somewhere to launder money, anyway.

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

Rationale posted:

More business names:
Rational Lee's Espresso Shanty
Donut Bean Basement
Donut Fry for Me, I'm Already Poor
Donut Park Here
Toby Jones Good rear end Donut & Foot Massage

LeafHouse
Apr 22, 2008

That's what you get for not hailing to the chimp!

It looks gross now but it wouldn't be so bad if you pave a drive-thru, throw on a fresh coat of white paint and a "Donut Rationale" mural on the side. Maybe some stools at a counter looking out the window. Seems like a lot of work to slave away making donuts and likely lose a small fortune due to the myriad reasons previously mentioned ad nauseum only to fall on deaf ears even though you made this thread for people to advise you, but hey whatever you want to do.

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

Rationale posted:

Please Doughnut
(Kill me here)

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."

CarForumPoster posted:

More business names:
Rational Lee's Espresso Shanty
Donut Bean Basement
Donut Fry for Me, I'm Already Poor
Donut Park Here
Toby Jones Good rear end Donut & Foot Massage

i like Espresso Shanty. maybe donut shanty? hes not coffee based but i suppose he did buy espresso machines

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

Edgar Allan Pwned posted:

i like Espresso Shanty. maybe donut shanty? hes not coffee based but i suppose he did buy espresso machines

Espresso Shanty is for the irony of parking in the patchy grass to buy a $4 coffee.

E: I just realized I was using $4 coffee kinda pejoratively there but I've definitely spent $4 on a donut multiple times and $4 doesnt buy much anymore. IFL donuts tho

CarForumPoster fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Nov 19, 2022

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Rationale posted:

Lol sweet

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level
Doughnut Steel: original content

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Is there a road close to the front of the store? Seeing the car in front, with grass underneath bothers me for reasons I can’t explain.

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.

TV Zombie posted:

Is there a road close to the front of the store? Seeing the car in front, with grass underneath bothers me for reasons I can’t explain.

Yeah this looks like it's on a dirt road.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Rationale posted:

Finally, this gives us a definitive answer to the originally posed question.

No.

No, you will not make money in donuts and coffee.

This is doomed to failure, sell that place or rent it out, or demolish it and build your dream house or whatever, but do not try to make this into a doughnut drive-through, it will fail.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Where is the drive thru

Where is the

Is this paved

It’s not paved

Where would they drive thru!!!

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Just pave, tarmac and add drainage and kerbs for that field. Bish bosh simple I know a guy who sells flooring already

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Perfect

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
He has a $75k budget it's no problem

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
It a good to visualize victory, of running into the end zone and the crowd cheering. Seeing victory in your mind's eye helps illuminate the path. You gotta catch the ball though. You gotta watch the ball until your hands close around it. You gotta clean out and rehab that building. If you are immediately tackled, well, you've still made yards. Don't daydream about victory so much you fumble

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

Epitope posted:

It a good to visualize victory, of running into the end zone and the crowd cheering. Seeing victory in your mind's eye helps illuminate the path. You gotta catch the ball though. You gotta watch the ball until your hands close around it. You gotta clean out and rehab that building. If you are immediately tackled, well, you've still made yards. Don't daydream about victory so much you fumble

Okay but what about a car analogy :iiaca:

EDIT:
We're all picking on the buildings exterior...but at least it is actually a storefront with a retail window. :unsmith:

Also here are some more donut business names in line with wrestling:

Donut Ring
Donut Defense League
Exceptional Donuts
Donut Duel
Donut vs Coffee
Donut Match
Assailant Donuts - "Try our donuts, you'll never get better"
About Donuts - As in a "Bout"
Donut Debate
Federation of Donuts
Donut Federation

CarForumPoster fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Nov 19, 2022

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'
There’s a lot to do. Trying for temporary power by February so I can do some of it.

I keep hearing sell. Does anyone want to buy? Some rear end in a top hat has pulled up three times asking about a blow molded santa statue. That’s as much interest as the place gets.

Admittedly we’re nowhere near ready but I’ve never finished before I got started except a few times when I was fourteen or so but that wasn’t like this.

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
maybe you should do a bar, and then get food trucks on the grass and then just also sell donuts

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
I made a snake lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005
Can this be the official BFC baking and pastry thread now? I’ll contribute a batch of pills yet donuts or something once I’m back in the states. :v: