Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Yeah, pull Gotrek away from important targets and let him mulch zombies. He’s terrifying but he cannot cover ground quickly by any means. You want to be playing to objectives and strategy rather than tabling because he is not worth fighting, just tying up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

New FAQs for Lumineths and Sons of Behemat are up: https://www.warhammer-community.com/faqs/#warhammer-age-of-sigmar

Teclis finally remembered all the spells :haw:

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

He's had a bad time okay, please be nice.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Pardon for double posting.

https://www.twitch.tv/warhammer

The Pre-Show Quiz for the Grand Narrative Finale Preview Show/Stream has started and the whole thing will kick off in less than 10 minutes.

Edit:
The next Battletome has been revealed to be one for Beasts of Chaos.
And of course, a new plastic Beastlord model.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/11/19/warhammer-preview-online-enter-beast-mode-with-the-new-beastlord/

It's... surprisingly generic.

Hah! Called it. Gloomspite Gitz Battletome confirmed to be next after the Beasts of Chaos.
And they get new Wolf Riders in the form of Snarlfang Riders.
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/11/19/warhammer-preview-online-da-gloomspite-gitz-crash-da-party-atop-new-snarlfang-steeds/

The Roadmap for 2023 promises 5 battletomes during spring and then 1 more during autumn.

And whoever said there was going to be a Gloomspite warband for Underworlds, was also correct. Grinkrakt's Looncourt in this case.
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/11/19/warhammer-preview-online-the-looncourts-gitz-go-questing-into-the-gnarlwood

Cooked Auto fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Nov 19, 2022

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Why is everything gobbo the freaking best

no im not biased

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

That warband is a day one pre-order. I must have it.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Underworlds band is incredible. I like the Snarlfangs too, but they look like they belong in a different army and I'm not sure what niche they fill - Gloomspite already has tons of mobile cavalry. Honestly probably shoulda been Kruleboyz warg-rider things since they desperately needed some speedy kind of flanking unit and competitive players were already desperate enough to start trying out the last Snarlfang warband.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Underworlds band is incredible. I like the Snarlfangs too, but they look like they belong in a different army and I'm not sure what niche they fill - Gloomspite already has tons of mobile cavalry. Honestly probably shoulda been Kruleboyz warg-rider things since they desperately needed some speedy kind of flanking unit and competitive players were already desperate enough to start trying out the last Snarlfang warband.

They're a hammer. Their job is to go after multiwound units that you've softened up a little - they get a bonus to attacking any unit that has wounds allocated to it, IE, the tough stuff. Which is something Gloomspite has trouble with.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I quite like the Beastlord.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Wow the gloomspite looncourt team for underworlds look fantastic!

https://youtu.be/r2MyRxAOotE

Al-Saqr fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Nov 19, 2022

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(
Cross posting because it STARTED as a slaanesh model. Still kind of works if you squint at it.

Harvey Mantaco posted:

This was supposed to be a substitution for a slaanesh chariot but... the scheme kind of got away from me and I got excited by the idea of a medusa/merpeople thing.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Mors Rattus posted:

They're a hammer. Their job is to go after multiwound units that you've softened up a little - they get a bonus to attacking any unit that has wounds allocated to it, IE, the tough stuff. Which is something Gloomspite has trouble with.

I guess I figured that's what Boingrots were for. Mostly I'm curious to see what they do with the rules - is this going to be yet another subfaction in an army that already struggles to support the ones it has? One of the biggest complaints from Gitz players is that you can't really mix the units effectively because of how the buffs are partitioned, and none of the existing characters seem like they'd provide support for these.

Also just a bit odd that the whole model range so far is built around night goblins and cave troggs and now we're just gonna have one random unit of classic WHFB style goblins. The sculpts are great, though! They've also been knocking it out of the park lately with the new tomes so I'm almost certainly just mentioning stuff that they've already addressed in the new rules.

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

Confirmed at least one furry on the Smash team

Also just a bit odd that the whole model range so far is built around night goblins and cave troggs and now we're just gonna have one random unit of classic WHFB style goblins. The sculpts are great, though! They've also been knocking it out of the park lately with the new tomes so I'm almost certainly just mentioning stuff that they've already addressed in the new rules.

That was kinda my first takeaway as well. When I looked at the Snarlfang Underworld warband, I always figured that this was a unique pack of Goblins that scrounged together their own weapons & armor, and tamed (or stole) these wolves to become a roving pack of bandits. But, apparently they're just 3 Goblins from this wolf-rider tribe, and it turns out they're not anything special or unique at all. Plus, if GW wants to throw another subfaction into Gitz, they really need to make some changes to how mixing & matching works in the new codex.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Love all the gitz, they just have a lot of personality.

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways
I like the new gitz models but like everyone else I'm worried how they'll fit into the army, my hope is that they basically kill the current sub factions and just make most of the buffs and stuff universal, I have all squigs stuff right now and would like to be able to throw in some trolls and these wolves.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Whatever they're doing, I expect it to be drastically different from 2e's Gllomspite because hoo boy that army did not pan out.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
I'm exclusively playing Underworlds so they're perfect for me.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Honestly I'd probably just play Underworlds / Warcry / Kill Team exclusively at this point if there was enough of a local scene, skirmish games are way more my speed these days. Painting whole armies and lugging them around to play 2+ hour games is a lot, but luckily Gitz have enough character that they're a pleasure to paint up even in large numbers.

Miles O'Brian
May 22, 2006

All we have to lose is our chains
I love my Gloomspite for their dark whimsy which the Underworlds band absolutely nails. The wolf riders arent silly enough for me. World's okayest unit. I'll probably buy a set but I'm not excited about it.

I'm not too worried about the subfaction keyword bingo though, their tome writing has been ok to great this edition so I'm almost certain the rules will be decent as an army.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Put together the new daemon prince, and my, he’s a fiddly fucker, ain’t he? Plus a full sprue and a half for not being that large. Still, looks cool and a basically nice build that you just want to make sure dries completely between adhesive steps, especially in the chest.

I haven’t settled on a head yet. I’m going undivided, and I might just use the Khorne head with the symbol replaced with a skull or something.

MeinPanzer
Dec 20, 2004
anyone who reads Cinema Discusso for anything more than slackjawed trolling will see the shittiness in my posts
I just love the wolf riders because they’re the rare example of 28mm wolves that don’t look like poo poo. For some reason wolves and dogs are some of the hardest things to model attractively/realistically, but these nail the look.

Generally love the chaos beastmen but that lord looks really boring.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/11/20/sunday-preview-get-your-fill-of-age-of-sigmar-battleforces-and-the-new-warcry-expansion

Next week's pre-orders is mainly the AoS Battleforce boxes. But also standalone releases of the Curseling and the Scinari Enlightener from the Lumineth vs Tzeentch box from a while back.

And also the new Warcry box, featuring the Jade Obelisk versus the Hunters of Huanchi. As well as stand alone boxes of the two warbands from the last box. The original warbands, like all of them, are getting re-releases as well. As does the monsters.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Very tempted by some of the AOS boxes, but strangely feeling equally tempted to finish wtf I have backed up.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN
Holy poo poo those Scaven are a great deal especially if you're preparing for The Old World

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

We still don't know the price on those boxes right? Probably gonna try to snag a Gitz one from a third-party seller if it's even remotely reasonable because I need everything in it except for the Loonboss.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

No, but it's probably the same as last years boxes so if you do some digging you might be able to find that out.

abravemoose
Jul 2, 2021
Behold a lump of resin Ogor Butcher

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

Confirmed at least one furry on the Smash team

We still don't know the price on those boxes right? Probably gonna try to snag a Gitz one from a third-party seller if it's even remotely reasonable because I need everything in it except for the Loonboss.

We don’t know the prices yet, but looking at the 40K boxes, they all hover around $300-350 value, and last year the Battleforce Boxes retailed for $210-ish. So, taking into account GW always increasing prices, I would guess around $230-250 per box, maaaybe lower if they’re generous. I haven’t seen the AoS box value breakdowns, but it wouldn’t make a lot of sense to me for them to be radically different in price to the 40K boxes.

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
My LGS just posted that the Battleforces will be $210 (before any discount), so start computin'!!

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Apparently the UK dealer price sheet has them listed at 130 pounds, which is like 150 bucks before any discounts. drat we get shafted on pricing (not as bad as the Australians, tbf).

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Could someone buy one (or a couple) of these boxes in the UK and ship them to the US? Asking for a friend, he already knows people in the UK.

Muir
Sep 27, 2005

that's Doctor Brain to you

Talas posted:

Could someone buy one (or a couple) of these boxes in the UK and ship them to the US? Asking for a friend, he already knows people in the UK.

If your friend already knows people in the UK, then I'm not sure what you're asking. Like, is it physically and legally possible? Yes.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Talas posted:

Look for UK merchants on eBay that use eBay global shipping option. I got a cadia box set for 140usd including shipping.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

Talas posted:

half of WarhammerBay is just this

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
I did some Stormcast, with the only cool stormhost.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Geisladisk posted:

Did one of the new Chosen. These models are fully sick.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Can y'all tell me what's the deal with Age of Sigmar Dominion boxed set? Seeing the LGS has it for $60 for black Friday and wondering if that's a deal worth getting. I mean I have a pile of gray in 40K and kill teams and no AOS but???

Muir
Sep 27, 2005

that's Doctor Brain to you

tangy yet delightful posted:

Can y'all tell me what's the deal with Age of Sigmar Dominion boxed set? Seeing the LGS has it for $60 for black Friday and wondering if that's a deal worth getting. I mean I have a pile of gray in 40K and kill teams and no AOS but???

It's a great deal. GW just made way more copies of the box than anyone wanted. These days they tend to go for $100-$110 online, so $60 is a good discount even from that which is already a good deal.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

It's a solid starter for Stormcast or Kruleboyz, just, GW anticipated demand on par with the 40k starter box and didn't get it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Great if the store still has some when I make it there I will take it as a sign and get into AOS.

Ed: was planning to buy stuff I didn't need today or Friday anyway :v: