Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
Wow Disguised Toast is back?! I’m watching them!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe

RatHat posted:

By the way they're doing a showmatch thing today and tommorow. Watch 2 hours between both streams for 2 Lich king packs

Surprised to see toast back. It's funny to see Dog playing constructed, since he usually plays the first week and then goes back to BGs

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

Tavern Brawl this week is Blood Magic so get your Druid decks ready.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Sloppy posted:

Surely better than this curse crap

Sounds like someone got cursed one too many times.

Anyway Discolock generally tends to suck and lol at the Doomguard But Worse. I'll see how it ends up playing out but unless there is some major payoff I'm very skeptical.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Those discard cards seem like there were specifically designed for Wild, and/or to be combined with something ~possibly in the future sets~ should they feel like supporting it.

Same with the Shaman cards that are hilariously and hamfistedly odd mana cost

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

AnacondaHL posted:

Those discard cards seem like there were specifically designed for Wild, and/or to be combined with something ~possibly in the future sets~ should they feel like supporting it.

Same with the Shaman cards that are hilariously and hamfistedly odd mana cost

People have been saying discard lock has been setup for future expansions for the last 6 expansions. They won't introduce 4 cards to support wild, they have been trying to make discard lock a thing for ages but have never been able to successfully do it.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Mr Beens posted:

People have been saying discard lock has been setup for future expansions for the last 6 expansions. They won't introduce 4 cards to support wild, they have been trying to make discard lock a thing for ages but have never been able to successfully do it.

It was fun and viable in Duels for quite a while, still pretty decent although not top tier.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Man, I guess it has been a while since Hand of Guldan was a thing, but it was still playable in Wild upto this year. Does that not "count" as discolock? All that stuff was fine and worked.

Also they definitely design cards for use in Wild (i.e. not-Standard and not-Arena), not only because it's interesting for the deckbuilding Johnnys out there, but it also helps smooth out the power curve of available playables in Standard. Like even this current expansion, all the totem Shaman cards are pretty blatantly designed for Wild-only so that Standard didn't accidentally get something too good to make Control Shaman become dominant.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."

RatHat posted:

By the way they're doing a showmatch thing today and tommorow. Watch 2 hours between both streams for 2 Lich king packs

I watched an hour today and got a Nathria pack?

Edit: Oh, it's a Nathria pack today and a Lich King pack tomorrow.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

theotar is 6 mana in these streams also showing on the website? also buffed to 4/4 lol.

also the stream is thoroughly unpleasant.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

RatHat posted:

I appreciate this, but I am still constantly amazed at their complete ineptness in letting people know things are happening.

This isn't on their news page.
Today's stream wasn't on their Twitch schedule.
Tomorrow's stream isn't on the Twitch schedule.
Today's stream was 7.5 hours long, but the window for drops was only 6 hours, so if you watched at the wrong time, you wouldn't get credit, even though it was the correct stream.
Tomorrow's stream doesn't show up in the drops list, yet.

It's honestly impressive how badly this is managed.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

NorgLyle posted:

Tavern Brawl this week is Blood Magic so get your Druid decks ready.

Or try this, which throws a board full of charge minions at the opponent's face on turn 1.

Not even sure it's the best version since you could chuck in battlemasters instead of the golems.

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

Thought it was odd there were no new cards this morning but it turns out they showed a bunch on stream:

No Vision of Darkness card from the Priest legendary was listed alongside it but it might have been shown on the stream.

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
All those cards are undead that have been incidentally revealed by playing The Scourge, so we don't know yet what a Vision of Darkness is or does. But a permanent card in your hand certainly seems novel. Maybe something like a repeatable 1 or 2 mana spell: Discover a shadow spell, or gain a random shadow spell or something, if I had to guess?

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
With the returning player decks, if I already own a copy of a card, does choosing the deck still give me another one? Just thinking in terms of dust value. Also curious what the more likely to be close to playable ones are, but I understand that's hard to judge with new cards coming soon.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Do the concoctions infinitely accumulate or do you just mix two together at a time

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Do the concoctions infinitely accumulate or do you just mix two together at a time

Looks like 2 is the max

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Hearthstone going off line in China unless they can find a new partner

https://www.ft.com/content/2d3a2351-8c19-4e11-bf16-54d05a668840

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Toshimo posted:

I appreciate this, but I am still constantly amazed at their complete ineptness in letting people know things are happening.

This isn't on their news page.
Today's stream wasn't on their Twitch schedule.
Tomorrow's stream isn't on the Twitch schedule.
Today's stream was 7.5 hours long, but the window for drops was only 6 hours, so if you watched at the wrong time, you wouldn't get credit, even though it was the correct stream.
Tomorrow's stream doesn't show up in the drops list, yet.

It's honestly impressive how badly this is managed.

Everything is on Twitter (wink wink).

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

The format for Day 2 is also really convoluted at first glance, muddled further by when the casters said something that directly contradicted the words on the screen

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

Mayveena posted:

This seems bad, there's a lot of great Chinese players out there!

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I can’t tell what it is I hate most: denathrius, renathal, or the way they work together

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

ferroque posted:

This seems bad, there's a lot of great Chinese players out there!

Yes and the Chinese have sometimes come up with meta decks that the US/EU haven't even thought of.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

is there not a date for this set? why is hearthstone so bad at like everything.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

oh it is on twitter lmao jesus

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

kater posted:

oh it is on twitter lmao jesus

It's gonna be a minute before corporate moves off of Twitter so we're stuck there for the moment unless you want Facebook :negative:

kater
Nov 16, 2010

i just mean how hard is it to put a date anywhere on your website or in game

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

kater posted:

i just mean how hard is it to put a date anywhere on your website or in game

https://hearthstone.blizzard.com/en-us/news/23852695/announcing-march-of-the-lich-king-hearthstone-s-next-expansion

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Mayveena posted:

They will find a new partner

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
E: Nevermind, I forget.

Boatswain fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Nov 18, 2022

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

goferchan posted:

They will find a new partner

Didn't the chinese government crack down hard on online gaming a while back? Like limiting hours or downright shutting down services and companies? Maybe Netease got some leeway to let current contacts run out due to their size, but there could be political pressure to keep Blizzard out.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

e : wooops

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Rogue looks to be getting EVEN MORE bullshit. Great.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

lol destroy works on Jailer'd stuff? for some reason I thought it don't. Guess that's MTG? Anyways shadow essence is pretty ridic autopilot bs.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

kater posted:

lol destroy works on Jailer'd stuff? for some reason I thought it don't. Guess that's MTG? Anyways shadow essence is pretty ridic autopilot bs.

Yeah, deadly shot or twisting nether will work for instance.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

kater posted:

Yeah spell or battlecry that doesn't require manual targeting and damage to work will work. Devolving missiles, Mass Polymorph, Flurry, 4 mana Varden, etc.

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

Mage is getting an Arcane sub-theme in this expac:

And here's the rest of the stream leaks:

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.
Can't wait to see what Dane does with scourge Illusionist

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

Well, that's certainly some new design space for Warrior.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
Boo, I thought we were getting some Spell-DH support after that first reveal, but it was just a red herring, apparently.