Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

Sadly, all the people who knew that Musk and Twitter are not in compliance, no longer work there.

I have full confidence he'll get away with it, though Twitter may self destruct first.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

CaptainSarcastic posted:

When these idiots say "woke" they basically mean "not racist," right? Also it took quite a while to get these tweets to load - Twitter not looking too healthy at the moment.

:lol:

They still post the 2016 crying lib meme, holy poo poo you morons haven't had a victory in 6 loving years

*Get's utterly blown the gently caress out in Midterms, a time when the opposition party is supposed to sweep* "Ha Woke is the minority!" :bravo:

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

I've been enjoying watching No slowly creep up

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

I mean Elon could just fudge the poll results like he does with his likes so it's all just for more attention. (as always)

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Charlz Guybon posted:

I've been enjoying watching No slowly creep up

What's better. Ignore the poll entirely or vote no? I don't really want to engage in his poo poo games.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Docjowles posted:

lol I keep forgetting Google Plus existed because it was so loving awful

Google Plus was Google's Facebook. Google Buzz was Google's Twitter.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

Comstar posted:

Sadly, all the people who knew that Musk and Twitter are not in compliance, no longer work there.

You are quoting a tweet that literally says "we welcome tips from former employees".

Armitage_Shanks
May 16, 2004

Fear the aVICtar.

Roblo posted:

What's better. Ignore the poll entirely or vote no? I don't really want to engage in his poo poo games.

Vote no. At this point he might think he'll win just because people love him or his idea of "free speech". At least give him the ego bruise before nothing else will matter. When he tries to spin X amount of people engaged with it no one will care as they'll assume most of it was bots and or the site will be a small puddle anyway.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

IMO bring back google plus for just 1 day just so Donald Trump can be banned from it

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x64bid6

As usual with spitting image when you watch it now you can only get a maximum of 50% of the references.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Just remembered this dumb poo poo

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

This misses the best bit. Where he says he was self taught.

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast

Jestery posted:

i think this was either the last thing he did before firing his pr team or the first thing he did after firing his pr team, don't remember which

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Jestery posted:

Firing space junk out there for no reason beyond a vanity thing always seemed a bad idea. It was called a payload test but surely there was a better way

Filox
Oct 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Roblo posted:

Eh, I voted. No point missing a chance to vote no on Trump.

Came back from playing games and checked in on Twitter. A bit disappointed that I can't watch Fast and Furious in small bites as no videos will play on Twitter except the one with the cat and the hen sitting on some eggs.

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
i'd bet musk money that he fantasizes about going back to that moment every second of every day

even reddit still liked him then

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

Pac and Cheese posted:

i'd bet musk money that he fantasizes about going back to that moment every second of every day

Yeah like, it's a real high point for him

It's the closest reality has come to reflecting his self image

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
i hope musks dumb loving space tesla is the thing that finally hits just the right satellite to start the chain reaction that turns earths orbit in to a barricade of metal traveling at 2,000 mph

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name

https://twitter.com/MichaelGuimarin/status/1593697491865677824

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Bottom Liner posted:

FB already has a timeline and Google already killed theirs *multiple times*

Google accidentally created one of the few genuine social networks when they added some basic sharing functions to Google Reader, their RSS feed reader. Users organically started forming into communities over shared interests and for a time it was a really friendly, chill and interesting way to interact with people.

Then they nuked it by forcing everyone to sign up to Google+, before killing Reader off completely

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD posted:

yaldabaoth is twitter's problem now

:lmao:

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
woops i meant to say especially reddit, reading his amas around then was ridiculous, the highest upvoted questions would be like "how can just one man do so many things?"

i wonder if the "i am a huge genius please hire me elon" guy is still interested

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Mod edit: Tagged and spoilered NSFW tweet.

:nws:https://twitter.com/Zoos86/status/1593734550676713472:nws:

Somebody fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Nov 20, 2022

Soggy Muffin
Jul 29, 2003

Ngl info fasts sound like a good idea to practice. Where do I sign up for his program?

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Gonna have an information fast by just closing my eyes 😌

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
i heard there's a bengalese man who went 4 entire years without any information

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

Soggy Muffin posted:

Ngl info fasts sound like a good idea to practice. Where do I sign up for his program?

I will help you out by not telling you.

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

Surprised that Tesla hasn't exploded and set off a full Kessler effect

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Where did they park the thing?

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

The Saddest Rhino posted:

From my understanding amazon dropped by US$1T this week and bezos should be the one in the deeper poo poo but musk is somehow overtaking him by just having a big elongated meltdown

All of techs dropping because the end of east money and high interest rates means it’s tougher for stocks in general and investors are taking a longer look at companies business models and pedantic things like “do you make more money than you spend”

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

Nooo not geohotz :(. I was hoping he was just trying to get a pile of cash and then the next tweet. loving why? Working at twitter would not be more fun than cracking the ps5 even if it was a functional company.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

All these goobers lining up to volunteer to fix Elon's mess for him sure are dumb. The pay is good but look what you have to put up with and who knows if he will just shitcan you because a tweet made him mad.

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
can't wait for trump to be unbanned, what do you think his first tweet will be?

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

I want either him to plug whatever his chud twitter is and never post again, making chuds and elon sad, or twitter to die right before or after he makes his celebratory tweet, making trump sad.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Analog posted:

Fake news. Retweet this if you'd like to return to Prodigy chat rooms!

all anyone ever needed was irc

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Mnoba posted:

can't wait for trump to be unbanned, what do you think his first tweet will be?

Dunking on Elon

Armitage_Shanks
May 16, 2004

Fear the aVICtar.
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1593899029531803649

This is the back of a napkin high level architectural design that you'd start out with when you intend to ship in a year's time (and get delayed two more).

The lack of consideration for networking, high availability or scaling really shows that they've no DevOps/ SREs involved. Just coders.

Good luck champ!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Unperson_47 posted:

All these goobers lining up to volunteer to fix Elon's mess for him sure are dumb. The pay is good but look what you have to put up with and who knows if he will just shitcan you because a tweet made him mad.

i doubt many of them actually expect to work a twitter. they're probably just hopeful musk will just float over and throw some $$ towards their lovely buisness because they sucked up to him.