Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Edit: what a lame page snipe. When I originally did that quest, I was blown away by how astute Godbert is. Nanamo has only known the crown and has been shaped by monetarists since she was young. At that point in the story she is still naieve, and is learning how to be a good ruler. Of course someone without leadership experience at the scale of ul'dah would think just throwing money at it would make it better. Godbert corrects her on this and rightfully so.

DelphiAegis fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Nov 18, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Vermain posted:

people misreading that scene is extremely funny when the final saltery quest has an ala mhigan turn directly to the camera and say something like, "collective action is the only way for workers to take control of their future" completely deadpan

Yeah

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

posting pro-Godbert on the Jackpot page

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
Post on this page to increase your chances of winning the cactpot tonight or tomorrow if you're American

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

For what it's worth, unconditional cash is actually quite effective at helping people.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Ul’dahn Gil is never unconditional, thanks to the monetarists. Even if it’s coming out of the hand of her grace herself.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

So is there any kind of goon presence on Dynamis? I made a babby Arcanist on Marilith for ha-has, but I wouldn't mind finding her a decent FC.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Ul’dahn Gil is never unconditional, thanks to the monetarists. Even if it’s coming out of the hand of her grace herself.
Maybe we should get someone to buy out Ul'dah.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Exactly. Godbert knows how the Syndicate thinks. No matter what Nanamo intends, nothing from Ul'dah can ever be a gift, because the monetarists will always know when there's a debt on the books.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Maybe instead of thinking of killing the elementals people should think about killing the monetarists.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Electric Phantasm posted:

Maybe instead of thinking of killing the elementals people should think about killing the monetarists.
we debate killing the elementals because it's debatable

we don't debate killing the monetarists because in minecraft

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
My take on godbertnomics is the same as it was last time: eorzea is a premodern society with premodern economy and philosophy. Nobody has fully cracked open and understood the Allagan Tomestone of Statistics. Anything based on consequences of actions or social outcomes we know today aren’t as valid

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Godbert married Julyan, dude has way better instincts than anyone else in Eorzea for "good ideas".

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Hogama posted:

Maybe we should get someone to buy out Ul'dah.

I know a guy. Unfortunately things might go downhill in Ul'dah pretty fast were he to take over, though.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Thundarr posted:

I know a guy. Unfortunately things might go downhill in Ul'dah pretty fast were he to take over, though.

I don't know, I think E'lon Muusk deserves a chance after the great job he is currently doing with Endsinger.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Raubahn tried once, it went fairly poorly.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Runa posted:

posting pro-Godbert on the Jackpot page

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Nothing will improve the way things currently are.
Slime TrainerS

The Monetarists are all on their best behaviour because Lolorito is operating on the entirely reasonable assumption that the WoL is still basically thinking "go on, give me a reason" any time they're in Ul'dah.

Meanwhile the elementals still believe they could take us in a fight.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Cleretic posted:

Raubahn tried once, it went fairly poorly.

well it paid a dividend

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

I'd say that reactions were split.

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015

Detheros posted:

I'd say that reactions were split.

Yeah, it certainly proved divisive.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Teledji truly was an examplar of his city's diety, in the end

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Finally, a book that's not just on fire. Not like it's much easier to read than the flaming ones, but still.

e: Apparently there's supposed ot be some way to get replicas of the earlier stages? I do already have an Elements that my retainer gave me, but I'd actually kinda like to have the Omnilex available as an option.

Dareon fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Nov 19, 2022

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
The ARR relic is the finickiest for replicas. You need to complete the quest "The Vital Title" from Jalzahn before you can buy replicas from Drake in North Shroud (standing right near Gerolt); this quest is after you finish your first Zeta.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe
In addition, you also need to either have the completed relic in your inventory, or have exchanged your completed Zodiac relic to skip the first step of an Anima relic.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Red Metal posted:

In addition, you also need to either have the completed relic in your inventory, or have exchanged your completed Zodiac relic to skip the first step of an Anima relic.

retainer inventory counts as well, you just don't want to delete it

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Note, if the zenith relic glow is good enough for you, it's possible to get the basic relic off a calamity salvager and upgrade it to zenith at the moogle in Hrystmill for three thavnairian mist, which only costs a handful of poetics.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
For anyone that's been waiting for a sale, FFXIV (the base game and Endwalker, and the digital collector's editions) is 50% off through the SE and PS stores right now. Sale's through the 28th.
https://twitter.com/FF_XIV_EN/status/1593680474547060736?t=1jmn8EnCVW-hPL5l9nQpXA&s=19

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Onean posted:

For anyone that's been waiting for a sale, FFXIV (the base game and Endwalker, and the digital collector's editions) is 50% off through the SE and PS stores right now. Sale's through the 28th.
https://twitter.com/FF_XIV_EN/status/1593680474547060736?t=1jmn8EnCVW-hPL5l9nQpXA&s=19

drat i was hoping that meant the mogstation had poo poo on sale, I wanted to buy some emotes.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
I finally have my Empyerum plot and it only took a move to a brand new data centre where some of the queues don't work to get it.

I have no idea how I'm going to decorate this thing. Also, I hope 6.3 at least brings some properly matching partitions.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Onean posted:

Did they put the upgrades if you already own the base game on sale too?

IthilionTheBrave
Sep 5, 2013

Onean posted:

Well, my PC died earlier this month, so time to get the complete edition for PS4! I still didn't have Endwalker anyway, so now I can check out Sage and Reaper! And progress the story! And most importantly, actually play the game again!

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

FuturePastNow posted:

Did they put the upgrades if you already own the base game on sale too?

I can't double check since I broke down and bought them myself the last time they went on sale, but people in the replies were saying those aren't on sale.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Alright, I've hosed around with the other base classes to figure out what to play until I reach a point where I feel comfortable jumping back into my Dragoon, but I can't quite decide. So, tell me why I should play Marauder/Pugilist/Rogue?
Edit: And Gladiator, I guess.

Black Griffon fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Nov 19, 2022

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

you should play marauder/warrior because it loving rules op hth

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I feel like that might be a question only you can answer. There's no 'reason' to play anything other than you finding t hem fun personally in this game tbh, even at the highest tier of content.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

if i were another tank and i had low hp i would simply hit bloodwhetting and inner release and instantly go back to full

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

World War Mammories posted:

you should play marauder/warrior because it loving rules op hth

Good answer, I'll move it up and wait for more input.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I feel like that might be a question only you can answer. There's no 'reason' to play anything other than you finding t hem fun personally in this game tbh, even at the highest tier of content.

Boring answer, sorry!

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
You should play Marauder/Warrior because you get a giant loving axe, Tank Queue privileges, you become almost literally unkillable, and excellent glam choices. You should play Pugilist/Monk because punch fast lots, it has a very smooth rhythm to the combat, also some very good glams, and you can literally punch gods in the face. Gets very fast cooldowns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

We did once. Well, Raubahn did.