Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The ex-wife failing to launch is a metaphor for how Rhodey was lying to himself dating all those women. The only one for him is Tony.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Now do Rocket vs the entire Prison scene

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Very obviously an allusion to a "No Loads Refused" party.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Lobok posted:

You sick deviant.

I had a similar sense but I imagine part of it is a man vs. a woman and it's on a sunny beach and the man is scantily clad. Also IIRC she uses her claws on his back which is standard sexual imagery.

I forgot the claws on the back.

I will not be silenced! I have a point!

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBrQ3zzOwMw

So Tony gonna make a comeback? Maybe a Multiverse version of him.. or an LMD?!

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Binary Badger posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBrQ3zzOwMw

So Tony gonna make a comeback? Maybe a Multiverse version of him.. or an LMD?!

That is a fan trailer using a bunch of old clips, pretty decent CGI, and really bad sound editing.

CaptainApathyUK
Sep 6, 2010

They always turn up in my Android news feed, always from the same channel and usually with something like "Official Trailer" in the title. Their existence annoys me even though I'm never caught out by them.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

That it's two weeks old and there's nothing from official channels should be a huge tip-off.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Some of the channels with more scruples will say "Concept" or "Fan-Made" in the title but only at the end of the title of course so it gets cut off most of the time.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I get google news alerts for poo poo like this all the time but my flavor of laziness is to never look into how to stop it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Joe Fisto posted:

Who doesn’t want to gently caress Namor? Gay, straight, asexual.. you name it. Everyone wants to gently caress Namor.

Those green shorts just do it for......everyone.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Shuri straight up tore one of his little foot wings off, right? I assume they just grow back eventually, is that a regular Namor thing?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Namor flies around in a slight circle now

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

theironjef posted:

Shuri straight up tore one of his little foot wings off, right? I assume they just grow back eventually, is that a regular Namor thing?

Venom did that to him once, they did heal.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

theironjef posted:

K’ukul’kan the feather-serpent GOD can regenerate.

I don’t know if anyone here watches tiktok videos but it is hilarious to me to see all the people impersonating and meme’ing M’bakus’s line.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

CaptainApathyUK posted:

They always turn up in my Android news feed, always from the same channel and usually with something like "Official Trailer" in the title. Their existence annoys me even though I'm never caught out by them.

I'm still waiting for Taylor Swift to show up as Spider-Man, as promised by a Snapchat story I passed by once.

Jamesman posted:

What are some of the absolute dumbest, clickbait-y "rumors" you've seen, when it comes to comic book movies?

Was thinking about this just now because I saw this on Snapchat.

Edit: The story was apparently about a possible leaked plot for No Way Home, and lots of speculation about the Multiverse. Taylor Swift in PS4 Spider-Man's costume was not mentioned, as far as I could stand to watch.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That's like 20 year old Taylor Swift too.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Aphrodite posted:

That's like 20 year old Taylor Swift too.

She’s 32 now. So way too old for Hollywood. She can play the next Aunt May perhaps.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Joe Fisto posted:

She’s 32 now. So way too old for Hollywood. She can play the next Aunt May perhaps.
It’s a perfect time for an adaptation of ‘Trouble’

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
The worst thing about those fake trailers is that I can't loving hide them from my newsfeed and I don't know why. I can say "I'm not interested in this" and I can block Youtube entirely, but I can't block just the channel DESPITE that option being available for other Youtube videos on my feed, and despite having blocked them on Youtube itself. In the end I just blocked Marvel as a topic altogether.

Karloff
Mar 21, 2013

They're always kind of boringly edited as well. If you gonna fake something, at least do something funny or interesting.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
Screen Culture is a giant piece of garbage and I cringe everything I see anything someone posts by them.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Finally saw Black Panther 2, and it was alright, but everything outside of the main Wakanda/Namor conflict is kind of sloppy.

Pros-

-Namor is great. Easily one of the best new character introductions they've had in awhile. He's very quickly established to be both a threat and a reasonable guy, even if he can be a dick.
-The introduction of the Talokanil people was very cool and they did a good job creating a new society
-Getting to see Namor fight in a comics accurate way was not something I thought they would try, so kudos on that.
-Angela Bassett is great as the Queen and gets to actually do a lot, but unfortunately she has to die for plot reasons about halfway through.
-Okoye is great as usual, but I was not a fan of her storyline in this movie.
-M'Baku is also great, but he really doesn't get much to do at all. Like maybe even less than his appearance in Infinity War?

Cons-

-I feel like the movie just forgot to resolve the plotline involving the US potentially moving forward with an attack on Wakanda, and with Talokan still being hidden by Wakanda they are going to end up taking the blame for the attack in Boston, I would imagine. I don't know if that is intended as setup for future projects but it's really not resolved in a satisfying way at all. As others have mentioned, having the Contessa in this movie feels like potentially some setup for Thunderbolts but that whole part of the movie is very half-baked.
-Okoye getting fired as head of the Dora Milaje and then getting that goofy suit was not something I was a huge fan of. In the past she never needed any kind of help to fight enemies and was the best warrior out of anyone.
-I really felt like Riri Williams didn't need to be in this. She is more of a plot device than even America Chavez from Dr Strange 2. She just happens to be around for most of the movie because she can't go back to Boston due to Namor wanting her dead. I guess sometime next year she gets her own show which will hopefully do her character a little better.
-I thought it was weird that they don't resolve at the end of the movie who the actual leader of Wakanda is. I feel like, as others have mentioned, that this gives them leeway for future movies, but while it's implied it will probably be M'Baku it's not definite.
-The mid credits scene where we get T'Challa's secret kid feels like an odd decision. It's clearly setup for way down the road if they want to bring back T'Challa Black Panther again. This all kind of clangs with that scene earlier in the film where Ramonda is clearly still upset at Nakia for not attending T'Challa's funeral, even though we find out in the mid-credits that Ramonda knew why Nakia didn't go and was fine with it. Those don't cohere at all.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
For the Okoye stuff:

Okoye got her rear end STOMPED by Attuma, and Namor is even stronger. The suit was a way to even the odds and it was established super early as somethign Shuri was working on and Okoye knew about even if she didn't care for it.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Counterpoint: it looked stupid

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

FlamingLiberal posted:

-I feel like the movie just forgot to resolve the plotline involving the US potentially moving forward with an attack on Wakanda, and with Talokan still being hidden by Wakanda they are going to end up taking the blame for the attack in Boston, I would imagine. I don't know if that is intended as setup for future projects but it's really not resolved in a satisfying way at all. As others have mentioned, having the Contessa in this movie feels like potentially some setup for Thunderbolts but that whole part of the movie is very half-baked.

I thought it was clearly a setup for Wakanda Forever 2, particularly Ross' defense of Wakanda and Namor's "It's all part of the plan" scene.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

live with fruit posted:

I thought it was clearly a setup for Wakanda Forever 2, particularly Ross' defense of Wakanda and Namor's "It's all part of the plan" scene.
I mean if that's the case it's a long way away. It could be setup for one of the movies coming out in the next couple of years.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Until I'm shown otherwise I'm going to assume it'll be the main plot of Thunderbolts, and maybe have something to do with Cap 4 too

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Opopanax posted:

Until I'm shown otherwise I'm going to assume it'll be the main plot of Thunderbolts, and maybe have something to do with Cap 4 too
Yeah those are the two I was thinking of

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
I'd bet that Thunderbolts is about them stealing some MacGuffin that'll help Val get into Wakanda but I'd be surprised if they watered down the Black Panther series to get another movie over. If anything, I'd think that Thunderbolts and New World Order end up setting up BP3.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Conrad_Birdie posted:

Counterpoint: it looked stupid

I was down with it because it’s straight from Ta-Nehisi Coates Black Panther.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

FlamingLiberal posted:

I mean if that's the case it's a long way away. It could be setup for one of the movies coming out in the next couple of years.

Isn't there a Dora Milaje show in the works as well?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The Talokan salute looks a lot like It's Morphin Time just without morphers.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

howe_sam posted:

Isn't there a Dora Milaje show in the works as well?

It's an Okoye show specifically, apparently.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Aphrodite posted:

It's an Okoye show specifically, apparently.

Have to assume Michaela Coel will be in it too since she felt shoehorned in WF.

And Florence Kasumba since she's in everything Wakanda related.

live with fruit fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Nov 20, 2022

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Rhyno posted:

The Talokan salute looks a lot like It's Morphin Time just without morphers.

The reminds me. The OG green ranger died.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Mr Hootington posted:

The reminds me. The OG green ranger died.

I have difficulty keeping track of which ones turned out to be jerks. Was he one of them?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I think Jason David Frank was kind of a weird Christ MMA guy but not actively a terrible person. I think most people liked him and said he was friendly. I believe it was the original Red Ranger who was a jerk and did crimes.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

People pretty much only have good things to say about him, except for a recent con where he apparently was really aggressively and annoyingly shilling his fake Power Rangers knockoff movie and made a lot of people mad.

There was also some recent thing where his daughter was scamming people but I don't think he was involved? I'm pretty sure that was the scam, using his name without his knowledge. As you can imagine it's difficult to google anything like that now.

Codependent Poster posted:

I think Jason David Frank was kind of a weird Christ MMA guy but not actively a terrible person. I think most people liked him and said he was friendly. I believe it was the original Red Ranger who was a jerk and did crimes.

Yeah, the Red Ranger is the bad one. He sells fake merch to fans and may be involved in some major PPP loan fraud.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Nov 21, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

He was extremely aggressively Christian and had the usual MMA kinda issues but he wasn't super-chud like the Red Ranger.