Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

ImplicitAssembler posted:

And Demko is working again. That's probably their first full 60 mins of hockey of the season.

It’s shocking that playing a game where you don’t give up a dozen 2 on 1 breaks helps a struggling goalie find their grove.

The poise on the broken stick goal to get the change from the 4th line to Peteys and then exploit the missing stick. Very out of character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
gently caress off austin watson you stupid bitch

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Cool cross check in the kidneys. What an rear end in a top hat

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
There's gonna be a fight soon

I think he should be alright tho

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
holy gently caress Haula has scored

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

corn on the cop posted:

gently caress off austin watson you stupid bitch

Agreed, poor lil Nico that looked like it was a cross check to the ribs

Also TSN just froze for like 10 seconds and came back to the Devils celebrating a goal lmao

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Mike Johnson just said Lindy has snapchat, and often instagram dms his players lmao

This is what color commentary is meant to be

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

if we're forced to endure retroactive offsides calls 2 minutes later perhaps they should also look into retroactive calls for attempts to injure just a thought

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Siegenthaler costing the same as Travis Hamonic (3rd rounder) is turning me into the joker

Hauling in Marino, Graves and Siegenthaler over the last two seasons is incredible GM work, with Luke Hughes and Nemec on the horizon is a pretty nasty d core to build around with Hughes and Hischier up front

The Dirty Burger fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Nov 19, 2022

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

The Dirty Burger posted:

Siegenthaler costing the same as Travis Hamonic (3rd rounder) is turning me into the joker

Hauling in Marino, Graves and Siegenthaler over the last two seasons is incredible GM work, with Luke Hughes and Nemec on the horizon is a pretty nasty d core to build around with Hughes and Hischier up front

Yeah Seamus Casey and Shakir Mukhamadullin look great too. I think Walsh and Bahl are NHLers as well but they might get squeezed.

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

ok forget the sample size Schmid is just better than Blackwood

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

secret volcano lair posted:

ok forget the sample size Schmid is just better than Blackwood

and he’s named after anime

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

lol that was quick

probably will call it a kick though

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
the devils lead the league in distinct kicking motion

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
There were like 4 wide open Devils to tap in that puck for a goal and Dougie kicks it in lmao

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
still just kind of extremely mystified how immense this team looks. they've had good teams since the early aughts, but nothing like this.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

corn on the cop posted:

still just kind of extremely mystified how immense this team looks. they've had good teams since the early aughts, but nothing like this.

A good strategy against them includes taking lots of penalties, right

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

corn on the cop posted:

can you guess what the best Devils team for expected GF % is since 2009 (not counting this one ofc)?

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

what the hell do the NHL network's demographics look like. why are all the ads for funeral insurance and adult diapers

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
i would hazard a guess and say 2013 when they outshot teams 35-10 and lost 2-1

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

corn on the cop posted:

i would hazard a guess and say 2013 when they outshot teams 35-10 and lost 2-1

correct! that team owned so hard

13-14 that is. -41 goal differential under expected

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

T-Bone posted:

-41 goal differential under expected

Not that the record though, that would be the 2016-2017 Avs (-54 under!) https://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/leagues/seasons/teams/0006902017.html

secret volcano lair posted:

what the hell do the NHL network's demographics look like. why are all the ads for funeral insurance and adult diapers

my buddy always comments on this, do you remember the nose hair one they aired for years?

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
that team routinely caved in very good teams. i anticipate they would have made the playoffs over a full season. unfortunately, their goaltending was decrepit. then kovalchuk left, elias looked his age and it was over

e: jesus christ cam talbot???

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Talbot :staredog:

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
well we got a save of the year out of this

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

what a save - also Bastian.. good today?

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

corn on the cop posted:

that team routinely caved in very good teams. i anticipate they would have made the playoffs over a full season. unfortunately, their goaltending was decrepit. then kovalchuk left, elias looked his age and it was over

I'm actually talking about the 2014 team with Jagr

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
give me the blood of austin watson

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Dunno what Tkatchuk is complaining about, he was 4 feet offside anyway

e: bit unlucky on the D there, almost had a takeaway and that pass somehow made it's way through the slot

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Watson getting away with that hit directly led to a goal lolll

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

oh gently caress off that's not a hook he slapped him with the stick blade

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky

T-Bone posted:

I'm actually talking about the 2014 team with Jagr

still the last jersey ive bought. what a season

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

PUCK DON'T LIE

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

richly deserved SHG

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
nice to get a couple of goals from those third line guys, I think that line has kinda been searching for an identity -- Sharangovich and Mercer work better with a playmaker imo and while Boqvist has played well he's more of a two way responsible type

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Sucks for Jake Sanderson that in his 17th career game he’s been tasked to shut down the Devils top line, and also do it while carrying the corpse of Travis Hamonic

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Just had a quick look and the Devils have only made under 30 shots three times this season - in previous years it seemed like shooting on net was a mystery and only happened in open ice.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Man if the Devils could just add like another physical winger who wasn't poo poo 5v5. Getting Palat back is gonna be cool but it would be real nice to have someone to take a number when teams start taking runs like this

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

T-Bone posted:

Man if the Devils could just add like another physical winger who wasn't poo poo 5v5. Getting Palat back is gonna be cool but it would be real nice to have someone to take a number when teams start taking runs like this

Lou is probably sick to his stomach seeing how soft the Devils are

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

The Dirty Burger posted:

Lou is probably sick to his stomach seeing how soft the Devils are

yeah it's interesting, defensively they remind me of a lot of past Devils teams, but offensively it's completely different, very little cycle game