Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Internet Explorer posted:

Good to know, thank you! I wonder if it's going to be as significant as it was in Vermintide. I haven't seen any block cost reduction yet, but it's still early.

I’ve seen a smattering of block efficiency, which I assume is their new wording for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011
Yeah at least in the meatgrinder having two +2 stam trinkets on is still four pushes, interesting.

E: Nope I was wrong, yeah the math is weird. +4 stam is four pushes, regular is three, at least for the vet power sword.

After three pushes with +4 stam I have 14% left which lets me push once more.

Full bar with +4.

Orv fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Nov 19, 2022

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
If you are playing the Ogryn, do not miss out on the Rumbler grenade launcher, sometime around level 16ish. It has the same model/inventory picture as the lousy one-shot shotgun, but it's actually a grenade launcher that shoots the grenade like a slug shotgun. It's a genuinely great gun, and one of your best options for dealing with faraway enemies. The only downside is that it isn't very useful against Poxbursters; you generally need to headshot it with the (arcing) grenade shot to have any chance of killing them.

Cease to Hope fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Nov 23, 2022

Psyker
Jun 21, 2004

[Binge and] Purge the xenos!
After getting a Zealot to 5 with some buddies I started a Veteran for fun and ended up getting PANTS on my literal first mission and now I don’t care about my Zealot. Should I feel bad?

Also there’s an alarming amount of people putting too much stock in the “low health play style” of a Zealot because of Vermintide. There’s just… it’s not worth it in Darktide yet until the talents supporting it get a little stronger.

Zealot is all about Flamers and cleavey melee.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

also +wounds seems good on curios

each wound is a segment on your health bar so, whenever you get a segment blocked off from someting - like grims or dying or some enemies - it takes a smaller percentage of your total health, it seems.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

After careful consideration I had to shelve my shotgun for now in favor of a braced autogun. It softens up hordes super well still and actually lets me have the range as a zealot to take down specials from afar, which shotgun lost after the last beta.

RIP CBT sniper shotgun, resting in the arms of the Beneficent Emperor.

Exodee
Mar 30, 2011

Damp and depressing.
It must be a goon in its
natural habitat!
Shotgun still snipes quite well in my experience, it just doesn't outsnipe the actual rifles anymore. Agreed that the braced autogun is a beast though.

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!
I did finally get the shotgun and congrats Fatshark, you've made a Doom II/FEAR-level shotgun, drat.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Anyone know what the iconography on the weapon attacks means? (bottom right)

Also does switching between light & heavy and vice-versa reset to the start of the combo, or what?

Orv
May 4, 2011
The rando mind: This room has like forty ranged enemies in it, no cover and is a drop down room, while we have good cover up here before the drop down. Hell yeah let's go.

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!

Orv posted:

The rando mind: This room has like forty ranged enemies in it, no cover and is a drop down room, while we have good cover up here before the drop down. Hell yeah let's go.

I didn't know there were RP servers.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Pennsylvanian posted:

I didn't know there were RP servers.

Hah.

I have no idea why there are three version of the Lucian lasrifle and boy do I hate them all.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Orv posted:

Hah.

I have no idea why there are three version of the Lucian lasrifle and boy do I hate them all.

Are there any differences between the versions? I want to like the Mk I, but it was a bit underpowered when I got one. I'm hoping the other versions get that to that sweet spot for me. I like the regular lasrifle when it has a higher ROF.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Pennsylvanian posted:

Man, for anyone worried about Veteran's focus on ranged power, don't be. Their [F] skill is insanely useful for finding and picking off specials before they get too close.

Popping Vet ult anytime you hear a special and having a headhsot waiting for them as soon as they open their spawn door or round the corner is my manna. Amazing for weeding out gunners/shotgunners from crowds too.

Fishstick fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Nov 19, 2022

Estel
May 4, 2010

Ciaphas posted:

Also does switching between light & heavy and vice-versa reset to the start of the combo, or what?

I think this info is not in-game but I've seen it somewhere.

There are 3 icons on the stats window, the first 2 represent what kind of attacks does the weapon do normally with it's combo and the third one is what kind of special attack it does.
The three arrows icon is a high cc attack with high stagger and cleave, the sword with the trail on it's side is a an attack with less cc and cleave and more damage. The star shaped icon is an attack with low cc and cleave but usually it's armour piercing. There is another one that i don't remember the icon but it's called Assassin and it's an attack with low cleave and cc but with high headshot damage.

And about the icons of what kind of special attack the weapon has I've seen 3, the one in the screenshot is an attack that does damage, there is another one with a bugged icon called bash with low damage but high stagger and one that looks like a military insignia that it means the special attack has to be charged or activated, I've seen it in chainsaw weapons and you use it to rev the chainsaw.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Ciaphas posted:

I love the explanation for special attack: special melee attack. No poo poo.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Legit Businessman posted:

Are there any differences between the versions? I want to like the Mk I, but it was a bit underpowered when I got one. I'm hoping the other versions get that to that sweet spot for me. I like the regular lasrifle when it has a higher ROF.

Not so far as I can tell! There must be but I can't tell what it is from a game or two with each.

Orv fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Nov 19, 2022

Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.
I saw that the Ogryn throws an entire box of grenades as his grenade. I thought this was a funny way to depict either a grenade with one big explosion or a cluster of small explosions.

However, it seems the Ogryn's box o' grenades... doesn't explode at all? Rather, it's a single target snipe shot of some kind, the joke being that the Ogryn didn't bother to pull the pin. Am I misunderstanding?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Chimp_On_Stilts posted:

I saw that the Ogryn throws an entire box of grenades as his grenade. I thought this was a funny way to depict either a grenade with one big explosion or a cluster of small explosions.

However, it seems the Ogryn's box o' grenades... doesn't explode at all? Rather, it's a single target snipe shot of some kind, the joke being that the Ogryn didn't bother to pull the pin. Am I misunderstanding?

It's empty but no you’re correct.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Chimp_On_Stilts posted:

His hands can't manipulate tiny grenades so yeah he just throws a box of unexploded grenades. They do a lot of damage if you get a hit so think of it like a one hit KO javelin and save it for deleting bosses or other elites.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Don't bother with the feat that makes the box explode into grenades if you hit an armored enemy btw. It's extremely niche, and doesn't actually do much damage.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

It is definitely funnier than it is useful, I usually end up not throwing mine if we don't run into a miniboss or have to kill a target. I don't want to waste the one I have until I absolutely need it and figure grenade drops are probably better for other classes anyway so I'm not throwing mine that often.

Char
Jan 5, 2013
Back to Ogryn: shovel is better than club and perhaps comparable to cleaver. But its first heavy it vertical so perhaps the 3rd 5 talent, single melee heavy replenishes 20% toughness, feels better.
Also, replenishing that much toughness so easily is already a gamechanger

Ripper is still nutso good

edit: the grenade box is for beasts of nurgle! Hitting the blob deals like 1/6th of their bar

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Grenade box is insanely good for monsters and deleting specials, yeah. Don't sleep on it (it's a box it would hurt your back).

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

"+10% Rending for 5s on Enemy One-Shot. Stack 3 times."

... wtf is rending

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

edit: ignore me, I'll figure out how to embed a video from imgur eventually

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Tried to queue up for a quickplay at difficulty 3 (malice) got constant disconnect errors. Trying at level 2 worked fine.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Anyone know whether this game has unique act bosses like VT2 did?

Orv
May 4, 2011
Is the Rippergun supposed to be three round burst or is my mouse going?

Schnitzler
Jul 28, 2006
Toilet Rascal

Floppychop posted:

Tried to queue up for a quickplay at difficulty 3 (malice) got constant disconnect errors. Trying at level 2 worked fine.

Not working for me at all at the moment, not matter the difficulty level.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Orv posted:

Is the Rippergun supposed to be three round burst or is my mouse going?

Yeah it's three round without aiming, when aiming it's automatic but will still shoot two shots if you tap the mouse.

Orv
May 4, 2011

explosivo posted:

Yeah it's three round without aiming, when aiming it's automatic but will still shoot two shots if you tap the mouse.

Ah weird, sometimes it just shoots one so I wasn’t sure. Thanks.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Internet Explorer posted:

apes together strong gif but with the Ogryn and rejects

https://i.imgur.com/FVThwKB.mp4

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.
Looks like matchmaking has poo poo the bed -- been down for ~10 minutes +

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Orv posted:

Ah weird, sometimes it just shoots one so I wasn’t sure. Thanks.

I thought I noticed that once too and was trying to figure out how I did it the last round I played, I figured it was like my last bullet in the clip and I didn't know it or something. I do really hate how the reload interrupts on the rippergun if you switch between aim mode and not aiming. I would love to initiate a reload while ADS and not have to keep aiming until the reload is complete.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
Without loot drops, it doesn't feel like there's any compelling reason to play the higher difficulties.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk
Can someone sell me on the grenade gauntlet? The only one I've found so far has a very high listing for aoe damage but that's a lie, it is the most anemic grenade launcher I've ever used in a FPS. It seems to be a low ammunition single target weapon with a melee attack significantly worse than a knife. In the testing chamber it does zero aoe damage.

What stats should I be looking for?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

KPC_Mammon posted:

Can someone sell me on the grenade gauntlet? The only one I've found so far has a very high listing for aoe damage but that's a lie, it is the most anemic grenade launcher I've ever used in a FPS. It seems to be a low ammunition single target weapon with a melee attack significantly worse than a knife. In the testing chamber it does zero aoe damage.

What stats should I be looking for?

I'm back on the rippergun now but thought the non-explosive swings with the gauntlet hit surprisingly hard and had a great attack pattern for displacing groups. The charged punch did a lot of damage to bosses too. I felt like the reload on that is really what makes it tough to recommend, only because it was really easy for me to interrupt the reload on that thing and suddenly not have any grenades loaded when I needed them.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Huh, the duelling sword turned out to be a fair bit more practical than I'd assumed. Sure it's got poo poo for cleave, but it attacks so fast that you can still keep a sizeable number of enemies staggered, and will thin them out decently quickly if you land headshots. And it does kill elites nice and quick, too. It's still not exactly great compared to e.g. an eviscerator, but it's good enough that I don't feel gimped while enjoying the style factor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
The explosive melee blast for the special on the gauntlet felt pretty good for clearing waves of mobs close by, didn't seem like it had the extreme damage falloff the main explosion has.

But yeah, went back to the ripper and this little beauty that unlocked at level 20 as well. The grenade gauntlet seemed good for sniping specials, but not much else.

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Nov 19, 2022