Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
is this game peer-to-peer connection or does it run on dedicated servers?

every game i've used matchmaking for has been completely unplayable and laggy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

General Morden posted:

is this game peer-to-peer connection or does it run on dedicated servers?

every game i've used matchmaking for has been completely unplayable and laggy

What is your dns server? Sometimes that's an issue (for real).

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Internet Explorer posted:

Better UI will definitely help, but I've also run into people who straight up say they don't want heals. And it's too low to be good for Zealot. Maybe people think the Zealot passive needs a lot less health than it does at low levels? I dunno. It also seems to be the same people who just press W and sprint through the levels. I remember Vermintide being like this early on and those people either mellowed out or moved on to different games. I think going to the higher difficulties alleviates it a bit as they lose those matches a lot more and get frustrated.

Coquito Ergo Sum posted:

I think some people skip the Medicaid Stations because of "What if we need it later." I have to fight off the urge to think "But if I heal myself, the game director will come down harder on the team."

This was a marksman player in a difficulty 3 endless horde mission. This particular medicae station is always there. At the bottom of the staircase is a drop down you can't come back from. This mission was also in closed beta.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8rZnzWtO9U

I'm gonna have a joker moment soon :shepface:

On a lighter note:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbSgfwry32M

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Looking through penances I have a lot on 6/7 of mission types. What's the last one that's not in the beta?

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

Ciaphas posted:

"+10% Rending for 5s on Enemy One-Shot. Stack 3 times."

... wtf is rending

the icon is the clue, pretty sure it reduces or removes armor of the thing you hit

edit: matchmaking not working? saw someone post about it earlier but it still seems to be the case :(

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

Legit Businessman posted:

What is your dns server? Sometimes that's an issue (for real).

i'm using google's but still getting the usual handshake and lag issues despite being on fiber internet

Schnitzler
Jul 28, 2006
Toilet Rascal

Martout posted:

the icon is the clue, pretty sure it reduces or removes armor of the thing you hit

edit: matchmaking not working? saw someone post about it earlier but it still seems to be the case :(

Quickplay isn't working for me, but selecting a specific mission seems to work.

Edit: At least it worked 2 times in a row, the third time I got the same error I get when I try to use quickplay. Seems to be a bit wonky at the moment.

Schnitzler fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Nov 19, 2022

Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.
I tested the grenade gauntlet and was also surprised to find the AOE damage was awful. Not worth it, needs a boost IMO.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Are there multiple staff types and are any of them good?

I’ve seen one so far on the shop (which updates once per hour lol) and it feels less useful than a gun, the primary fire projectiles get dodged by enemies, it loses all useful accuracy if you’re moving, and the AOE charge attack is slow, weak, and pumps your crazy meter extremely rapidly.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Do you actually get more xp/money by having all your teammates extract? Not sure sometimes whether to go back and get someone if I'm already at the end

pizzabutt
Jul 19, 2022

Wheeee posted:

Are there multiple staff types and are any of them good?

I’ve seen one so far on the shop (which updates once per hour lol) and it feels less useful than a gun, the primary fire projectiles get dodged by enemies, it loses all useful accuracy if you’re moving, and the AOE charge attack is slow, weak, and pumps your crazy meter extremely rapidly.

There's two other staves, I think you unlock them around level 20 tho. One is called the Voidstrike and the other is called the Surge. The surge shoots lightning for it's M2 and the voidstrike shoots a giant fireball. I just bought them so I haven't tried them out in a match but from the meat grinder the fireball seems pretty good for horde clearing! also the surge says it has a staff-bound smite so I guess if they introduce a new psyker there's a chance they'll have smite instead of brain burst :thunkher:

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man
The staves I've come across so far are Trauma, Surge and Voidstrike.

Trauma is probably the one you got, and is a bit hard to get value on especially if your team doesn't frontline in a way that lets you aoe concentrated hordes. It can still be extremely helpful since with all staves, you can quell peril while moving. Warp Resistance will make it not build up peril as much, and high Quelling Speed will make you dump all your peril from 100-0 in like a couple seconds.

Surge started showing up maybe around level 15, and might be my favorite so far. Similar primary fire to Trauma, but secondary charges a lightning that shoots out and chains to like half a dozen targets at a time. At full charge will even kill elites in one hit. But the real kicker is that even with low charge it staggers really well, and trivializes poo poo people usually really hate, like poxbursters or ragers.

Voidstrike is more or less Sienna's Fireball staff, showing up around level 20. It has a more accurate primary fire than the last two and a secondary that charges a ball that flies out in a straight line, dealing massive damage, until it hits something it can't penetrate like a mauler. At that point it explodes, causing aoe stagger. The one I got isn't even particularly good, but it will still kill as many flak armor enemies as you can fit in it's path in one shot with around 70-80% charged ball.

As with everything, damage and stagger gets better the higher your item level.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

There's something vaguely insulting about burning the poo poo out of my forearm and then immediately finding a flamer in the shop when I go to check it.

The Emperor has rewarded my pain with plenty.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

according to some players, if you're level 30, you can't find any other players in the matchmaking system

how lucky! i can barely find games at level 1!

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Orv posted:

The rando mind: This room has like forty ranged enemies in it, no cover and is a drop down room, while we have good cover up here before the drop down. Hell yeah let's go.

Was that right before the autoscheduler fight in the marketplace?

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Yknow it feels like the classes are more specialized in this game, with ideal engagement ranges due to perks and targeted mechanics. Everyone has a weakness and everyone has a strength, unlike in VT where basically anyone could be built to fill a role well in one way or another.

So it's weird that Vermintide had a "one per team" rule and this one let's you have four psychers and there isn't anything you can do to stop it since you can't dynamically switch characters.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Was that right before the autoscheduler fight in the marketplace?

Not on the assassination mission but on other one in the same zone, when you're above the marketplace and you go up some stairs and drop down into that long room with the medicae on the immediate right.

Ironically I posted that while alt-tabbed out as three of us were down/in rescue and the last guy actually managed to clutch it and clear the room by using all the medicae charges. Didn't save us later though.

Orv fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Nov 19, 2022

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Been playing only Ogryn and while I haven't had a chance to get high level yet still been having a blast of a time.

To chip in to Grenade Gauntlet chat: It's the single target early weapon option. You don't use it for hordes, it's supposed to be used to kill that one rear end in a top hat special or knockdown an ogryn sized enemy. The AOE explosion is just bonus CC the softens up smaller stuff at the same time. You use your melee for hordes usually anyway, as you have a huge swing and deal loads of damage. Also if you have a competent Veteran congrats on never running out of ammo even using it liberally.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Man, loading takes forever. Still waiting on the prologue. It’s a good thing the soundtrack slaps.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

General Morden posted:

according to some players, if you're level 30, you can't find any other players in the matchmaking system

Yeah matchmaking is definitely borked regardless of level, sometimes you'll manage to join a game in progress but it's a crapshoot right now.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

General Morden posted:

Nothing to do with level, there doesn't seem to be much of a level-based matchmaking system at all tbh, you can easily get level 4's and level 25's in the same game.

The servers are just broken right now.

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Nov 19, 2022

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Wait, how do you even perform the explosion punch with the grenade gauntlet? Every combination of buttons I tried didn't do it

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

S.J. posted:

Wait, how do you even perform the explosion punch with the grenade gauntlet? Every combination of buttons I tried didn't do it

It's the special attack button, MB5 by default I think

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Without loot drops, it doesn't feel like there's any compelling reason to play the higher difficulties.

I sort of agree, I miss the loot box treadmill. You can only get grims and scriptures at level 2 + though, and those are often needed for the vendor dude - though he has nothing I want currently.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Evil Kit posted:

Been playing only Ogryn and while I haven't had a chance to get high level yet still been having a blast of a time.

To chip in to Grenade Gauntlet chat: It's the single target early weapon option. You don't use it for hordes, it's supposed to be used to kill that one rear end in a top hat special or knockdown an ogryn sized enemy. The AOE explosion is just bonus CC the softens up smaller stuff at the same time. You use your melee for hordes usually anyway, as you have a huge swing and deal loads of damage. Also if you have a competent Veteran congrats on never running out of ammo even using it liberally.

It's without a doubt the ogryn's best ranged weapon because it covers his weaknesses (enemies at significant range, big deathballs of gunners, actually killing hardened elite enemies) while complimenting his strengths (giving space to the other players, everybody falls down now).

The more I play Ogryn though, the less I'm liking of the weapon variety at the moment, especially compared to what the humans have access to at any given level. For the first 20 levels it's basically knife club shovel shield and that's it. Kind of wish they got access to a two hander or the shock maul a little earlier.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

yeah matchmakings hosed right now, if you don't have a 4 stack your gonna have to form one the ol' classic way to actually start a match. spamming LFG in the mourning star chat.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

I've been able to queue solo but it's much slower than it was yesterday, which was slower than the day before (day 1 queueing was instant.) it sounds like groups are having the same problem

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Where's my post mission stat screen? How can you poo poo on other goons without stats?

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I managed to get in one game but been having trouble with matchmaking despite that.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

Orv posted:

The rando mind: This room has like forty ranged enemies in it, no cover and is a drop down room, while we have good cover up here before the drop down. Hell yeah let's go.

My zealot brain says to toss a grenade in then charge on!

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

has anybody else been getting like what feels like 999 ping and severe desync, in-game?

doesn't even matter who I'm playing with, it's the same situation that eventually leads to a disconnect...

Orv
May 4, 2011

General Morden posted:

has anybody else been getting like what feels like 999 ping and severe desync, in-game?

doesn't even matter who I'm playing with, it's the same situation that eventually leads to a disconnect...

Their host servers are extremely borked at the moment so that's probably causing issues like that.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

General Morden posted:

What disconnect error are you getting perchance

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
Official server status comms is here by the way https://twitter.com/DarktideComms

Matchmaking is basically hosed currently so invite randoms into striketeams

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Without loot drops, it doesn't feel like there's any compelling reason to play the higher difficulties.

I largely agree but the amount of money they give relative to lower difficulties is enormous, so you can buy new weapons more frequently. Level 3+ also gives significantly more xp. So I feel compelled to do them.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I kind of love the Meat Grinder in the Psykhanium. Really lets you appreciate the character models.

And by appreciate I mean Shoot in the Face.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Are there plans to add loot drops to missions?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Found video of the Ogryn's stubber and it sure looks to solve his ranged woes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJab35icCU0&t=75s

Char
Jan 5, 2013
Just got the grenade gauntlet and
OOOH MY GOD

Ogryn is the gift that keeps on giving

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Popete posted:

Are there plans to add loot drops to missions?

I am only guessing here but since there's some kind of crafting that will be added in by launch I'm betting you will get crafting materials from missions and then you will use those crafting materials to either tweak store-bought weapons or to craft them from the ground up