Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

So he's counting on it to boost popularity and help normalize his version of the site. Look the other way, eat the bugs with FIFA, and then strut around that it was a big success.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Gonna watch UFC tonight the most optimum way - split up amongst 100 tweets

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Sorry honey I just max deboosted

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Introducing Twitter Black, with the ability to upload longer copywrited videos

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Elon University is so strict about plagiarism. I have four different professors expecting me to take credit for other people's work by the end of the week and I'm burnt out dude

CumBlast Radius Jr
Nov 1, 2022

by Azathoth
Whem there is a big event and they just slowly increase or decrease server space as needed

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

England v USA is next Friday evening (UK time) so if the site survives until then that's when it's going to crash. It's going to be an absolute shitshow.

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

PITY BONER posted:

"Crap! I wish I hadn't seen Ricky on the sidewalk!"

I appreciated this

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

EvilHawk posted:

England v USA is next Friday evening (UK time) so if the site survives until then that's when it's going to crash. It's going to be an absolute shitshow.

Why

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo

PITY BONER posted:

"Crap! I wish I hadn't seen Ricky on the sidewalk!"

"Oh Crap! I certainly shouldn't have said it's illegal! Ahh, it's too hot today"

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Tea Party Crasher posted:

Elon University is so strict about plagiarism. I have four different professors expecting me to take credit for other people's work by the end of the week and I'm burnt out dude

lol

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

EvilHawk posted:

I would imagine a game between good teams would strain the system more

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

the most so many teweett

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

The tweets will look like this:

OI IS YOU WATCH DE FOOT BO

DE YANKS DEY IS TAKIN DA PITCH BRAV

COME ON ENGERLAND SCORE SOME FACKIN GOLS

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

davecrazy posted:

I don’t get the whole whiteboard thing. Nobody was ever alledging that the Twitter infrastructure was bad. All of its “problems” were around revenue and content moderation which is not an infrastructure engineering issue, yet he’s acting like he needs better engineering to ‘fix’ Twitter. How can you spend 44billion on a company and have no idea how it works or what it does. lol.

Since essentially what Twitter does isn’t very impressive he doesn’t understand how it can have so many parts. I think he’s under the impression that he can cut it down and reduce costs to something closer to what it brings in and then turn it into an everything app to make a little more money. It’s loving dumb but I don’t think he actually wanted to buy it and now he’s gotta try something.

Didn’t Elon need to spend literally all his time micromanaging other companies? However will they get along while he’s devoting so much time to fixing Twitter as only he can? It’s weird that his fanboys aren’t concerned.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
That's why he's currently being sued by Tesla shareholders. He doesn't seem to actually "do" very much if a company is working.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Internet Old One posted:

Didn’t Elon need to spend literally all his time micromanaging other companies? However will they get along while he’s devoting so much time to fixing Twitter as only he can? It’s weird that his fanboys aren’t concerned.
"Daddy Elmo most certainly employed whatshisname and so-and-so and Daddy Elmo is never wrong"

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

Toxic Mental posted:

ENGERLANDS A BUNCHA RIGHT CONSTABULARIES

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
I am reliably informed by my Football Knower that Wales are better then England at the moment so I'm rooting for monday to be fall over day.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
Also Ryan Reynolds bought Wales I think? Something like that.

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Toxic Mental posted:

"IT'S COMIN HOME BOYS"

(Some are all of the content shared in this Tweet is disputed and might be misleading about the world cup or other English sports events)

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Twitter collapses under the frequent and creative use of the c-word

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

It's all gonna be British people shouting at each other because Americans don't care about soccer.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

https://twitter.com/bestofdyingtwit/status/1594094425843515392?t=saLnSKuYS1imcrqAkBgKnQ&s=19

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

:sickos:

My balls are orbiting Alpha Centauri

Gros Tarla
Dec 30, 2008

HAHAHAHAHA

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

I think Trump is just saying that to save THE FAILING TRUTH SOCIAL. He'll be back on Twitter I think.

If not, Elon should auction off Trump's Twitter account.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Yeah he said this a while ago too. Shouldn’t come as a surprise. Elon is just trying to rile up his alt right fanboys

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Trump will absolutely go back to Twitter if Elon lets him back on. He's too much of an addict not to.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Also what if Elon just tries to post as Trump. It'd be immediately obvious because he doesn't have the pissazz or energy but it'd hilariously sad.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
How did Musk not see this coming, Trump already owned him once

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Trump instinctively knows that Elon is not someone he would consider an “alpha” or whatever the gently caress so at this point the only way he would come back is begrudgingly and act like he was doing elon a huge favour, and then poo poo on him repeatedly.

Which tbf would be pretty loving funny.

Even trump probably knows the days of twitter being relevant are extremely limited with that puffy dork at the wheel.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

DaveWoo posted:

Trump will absolutely go back to Twitter if Elon lets him back on. He's too much of an addict not to.

He gets the same rush on his own thing

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

CharlestheHammer posted:

He gets the same rush on his own thing

Nah, Truth Social is more like methadone. Twitter is the real poo poo.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy?

When did the simulation break completely?

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

Watching movies in two minute clips lets me watch movies like trump: just skip to the action and cut the crap. Feeling geniuser by the tweet thanks Leon Twitter!

busalover
Sep 12, 2020

DaveWoo posted:

Yeah his veins are smacking their lips.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Not that Trump is a business genius or anything but letting Twitter die is absolutely a good thing for Truth social

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
pretty sure the reason donnie doesnt want to leave his hugbox is his hug box has a way high character limit.

like why pay for McDs, when donnie owns his own pink slime factory and can hook up multiple production lines into his mouth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

DaveWoo posted:

People repost his poo poo to twitter anyway.

Like we are reacting to this on Twitter