Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

no county is another's backyard, i continue to insist as my economy shrinks and transforms into america's latest source of plunder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Please do not attempt to start up the debate over what is or is not a nation. We have been over this multiple times already.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

ultimatums usually have an “or else” part you dumb kraut

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Raskolnikov38 posted:

ultimatums usually have an “or else” part you dumb kraut

You think that's directed towards Russia?

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Scholz isn't reported there as using the word ultimatum.

iCe-CuBe.
Jun 9, 2011

You can't call the entire nation Reddit. That's racist.

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

iCe-CuBe. posted:

Turd Ferguson and Fart Wangler

Fart Wrangler

speng31b
May 8, 2010

https://twitter.com/Maks_NAFO_FELLA/status/1594074691790053376

what the heck

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Rutibex posted:

Wagner is Putin's SS

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

and we're Putin's SA

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

PoontifexMacksimus posted:

and we're Putin's SA

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

AnimeIsTrash posted:

claiming a balding man as your national figure is probably one of the most pathetic things you can do

Weka posted:

Please do not attempt to start up the debate over what is or is not a nation. We have been over this multiple times already.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Big difference between bald and balding imo

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

mao got like some cool squid shape to his head from that quaff

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

:owned:

Alpha 1
Feb 17, 2012
The Ukrainian army's not even trying to hide the UPA poo poo anymore man
https://twitter.com/CTVNews/status/1593829019123867649

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
By the time the movie is released, will Indiana Jones have lived long enough to become the villain?
https://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/indiana-jones-5-nazis-1969-exclusive/

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Alpha 1 posted:

They never did, the western media just tries to censor it where they can

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Corky Romanovsky posted:

By the time the movie is released, will Indiana Jones have lived long enough to become the villain?
https://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/indiana-jones-5-nazis-1969-exclusive/

sure, why not

quote:

Enter Mads Mikkelsen’s villainous Voller – see above – inspired partly by real-life Nazi-turned-NASA-engineer Wernher von Braun. “He’s a man who would like to correct some of the mistakes of the past,” teases Mikkelsen of Voller. “There is something that could make the world a much better place to live in. He would love to get his hands on it. Indiana Jones wants to get his hands on it as well. And so, we have a story.”

It’s a story that blends fact, fiction, fedoras and fascists

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

kim jong un revealed his daughter to the world at his missile test and the media is torn between wanting ww3 and hoping for the future girlboss dictator to let her people buy designer jeans

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

https://twitter.com/CanadianKitty1/status/1593530108543135744

speng31b
May 8, 2010

quite a German take

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide

Rutibex posted:

i just read some articles about this as it's the first I'm hearing. Lol their excuse is "it's cold so we don't have a lot of food, also Vikings are assholes to anyone who owes them a debt"

maybe instead of being incourtious and leaving your gusts hungry you simply don't keep track of their minor obligations to you? maybe feeding someone dinner actually doesnt entitle you to anything except their company?

It's the first time I've heard it as well, and I live here. :confused:

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!

Cake Smashing Boob posted:

It's the first time I've heard it as well, and I live here. :confused:

hundreds of your country folk vigorously acknowledged and defended this practice. of course, we’re all goons here.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

our pale asian brothers

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

man, I don't see how you wouldn't instantly ask "like the Jews right?"

Morbus
May 18, 2004

Vomik posted:

by this same argument, how will ukraine hold regions that don't wish to be part of it? dpr/lpr are the closest to the north vietnamese in this analogy, certainly not ukraine or russia

Personally I don't expect them to, but again: if the prospective post-war borders are simply Donbas + Crimea + maybe a land bridge between them, is that enough for Russia to accept in a negotiated settlement, let alone Ukraine? Maybe, eventually, but for the forseeable future that just seems like it would be too big and too obvious of an L for Russia, and too far removed from its stated aims. It also may require Russia to officially withdraw from some places they have annexed, e.g. Kherson.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

crepeface posted:

man, I don't see how you wouldn't instantly ask "like the Jews right?"

i think the implication is that the russian feels no pain, rather than always complaining about pain

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Morbus posted:

Personally I don't expect them to, but again: if the prospective post-war borders are simply Donbas + Crimea + maybe a land bridge between them, is that enough for Russia to accept in a negotiated settlement, let alone Ukraine? Maybe, eventually, but for the forseeable future that just seems like it would be too big and too obvious of an L for Russia, and too far removed from its stated aims. It also may require Russia to officially withdraw from some places they have annexed, e.g. Kherson.

I don’t think territory is the issue (beyond Crimea) as much as a settlement on Ukraine’s military status. If that is up in the air, the war isn’t going to stop, period.

Territory is just leverage for future negotiations.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Alpha 1 posted:

Why would they hide it.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/snekotron/status/1594000961084661761

Update on the artillery war, Russians still have advantage.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Ardennes posted:

I don’t think territory is the issue (beyond Crimea) as much as a settlement on Ukraine’s military status. If that is up in the air, the war isn’t going to stop, period.

I would have agreed until the referendums, now at least some amount of that territory is probably non negotiable, though i guess borders can always be redrawn

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Told you the Ukrainians were using roving guns.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

speng31b posted:

I would have agreed until the referendums, now at least some amount of that territory is probably non negotiable, though i guess borders can always be redrawn

I wouldn’t have so before Kherson, but there are obviously not all territory is sacred. I think though the US would also rather Ukraine be depopulated than blink over status.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Ardennes posted:

I wouldn’t have so before Kherson, but there are obviously not all territory is sacred. I think though the US would also rather Ukraine be depopulated than blink over status.

yeah, that's why I said "some amount" of the territory and borders can be redrawn. they can always declare new Russian regional capitals as long as they have some territory in the regions that the referendums applied towards.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Frosted Flake posted:

Told you the Ukrainians were using roving guns.

There is only one artillery piece and everyone has to share. Now make sure your squad fills out a box on the monthly calendar so you can get some artillery support on that day.

Morbus
May 18, 2004

Ardennes posted:

Eh...again, at minimum, seems like they need to at least hold what they've "annexed" for it to be politically tenable at home.

Besides that, though, how firm and how enforceable will any negotiated concessions be unless Russia is able to credibly threaten further territorial gains?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
If anything current events are showing some people that rules only matter when you can actually back them up.

Made up rules in your sandpit don't matter to the kids in the next sandpit over unless you physically go over there and have a fight, kick over their sandcastle, that sort of thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

В Херсоне.🇷🇺 posted:

https://youtu.be/GpN8tBHmxWw

A native of Kiseleka village, Bilozersk district, Kherson region is illegally arrested by the Ukrainian criminal authorities. Lysyi Alexandr Georgievich, born on 01.07.1970. He is a farmer who has lost everything with the outbreak of hostilities, the entire crop of about 1000ha has been left in the field, the storage facilities along with the equipment have been bombed by the Ukrainian armed formations. He did not leave the village only because he was caring for his paralysed brother and bedridden mother, who had been thrown out of intensive care at the beginning of the evacuation from Kherson.

Two of his fellow villagers Gorbenko Vladimir and Kalyaka Grigory, the latter a distant relative, testify against him. All their accusations against A.G. Bald are slander and guided by their personal dislike of the man in question. This is a village and everyone knows everything about each other.
Gorbenko V. claims that Lysyi A. allegedly tipped "whom to kill and whos homes to clear out", which is a blatant and deliberate lie. V. Gorbenok was not in the village all that time, he left it at the beginning of combat operations, and if he had any information about what was happening it was based on speculation.
G. Kalyaka, who at the end of the video says "die you bastard" to the victim, is a relative who has had a longstanding conflict, but has been in contact and visited the victim recently. As it turned out, he has a rotten soul.
The only fault of A.G. Lysyi is that he had human relations with the Russian Armed Forces and not as a military man, but as a human being. Russian soldiers tried to compensate for the damages inflicted by the war and brought huge humanitarian aid, which Bald A. distributed free of charge to all the needy in the village. Everyone can confirm that this man will give his last, because this was the case before the war. But the shallow and pathetic souls of the fellow villagers won't talk about it, for it's not popular now, and for some it's not safe.

A.G. Lysyi is not guilty of anything and this can be proved if we take an impartial approach to the case. At the moment he is most likely to be tortured into giving false testimony.
I urge the administration of Kherson region to make every effort to protect this man, a native of the village. Kiselevka, Kherson region.

@VKhersone
(from t.me/VKhersone/8483, via tgsa)