Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Kansas / Duke tonight.

No Coach K, no Bill Self.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Louisville has now lost its third straight game by a single point, something which may never have happened to start a season.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Louisville is bad

Syracuse lost by 20 to a toothpaste

and yet somehow Mizzou has decided to do things like "play a fun brand of basketball" and "roll 10-11 guys who can all contribute"

Troy Queef fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Nov 16, 2022

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
god I love college basketball

https://twitter.com/mattnorlander/status/1592677469353836544?s=46&t=Crgo1Qss_mnyNrS7kNfEGw

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

checks out

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

Troy Queef posted:

and yet somehow Mizzou has decided to do things like "play a fun brand of basketball" and "roll 10-11 guys who can all contribute"

i have no idea how a team that is basically entirely new to one another is putting up 90+ points every game this quickly (even if they're playing cupcakes, the past several years of cuonzo ball made me forget what fun basketball looks like)

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Kentucky-Michigan St. going to double OT. UK couldn't make free throws to seal it in regulation or OT. Tshiebwe has fouled out for UK, so advantage MSU there.

SpiritualDeath
Jul 2, 2009

shaping your brain like pottery
MSU finally took advantage of one of the several opportunities UK has given them to take the lead

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
UK just blowing the last second defenses in regular time and OT, gave MSU far too many chances.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
I can't count how many times free throws have cost Kentucky at the end of games. Frustrating.

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

the most classic uk november loss. so painful

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
unlv babey :cool:

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

i haven't gotten past "Gradey Dick" as a name i'm gonna have to deal with and looking into the future i cannot imagine i ever well

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

elentar posted:

i haven't gotten past "Gradey Dick" as a name i'm gonna have to deal with and looking into the future i cannot imagine i ever well

I said it before and I’ll say it again it took a long time for us to get over Willie Gay it’s gonna take twice as long for Gradey Dick

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Fellas, whomst among us isn’t packing some Grade E dick?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
gently caress Duke

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I hope this is real

https://twitter.com/BarstoolKU/status/1592698271985991680

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

https://twitter.com/barstoolsports/status/1592919176225636353?s=46&t=vLvbnaAgjai8AAomL2SQqw

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
For whatever it's worth:

https://twitter.com/Brett_McMurphy/status/1593078121179537410

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Zags did not look great tonight. Texas though…

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Going to love ISU having to take a flight into Spokane in the middle of February going forward. I'm really wondering what the Zags get out of this aside from some extra money. They already sleep walk their way to the tournament every year, and usually with a very high seed. It's not like they need better competition to get into the tournament.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Maybe not the thread for it but the Kansas Regents voting for Kansas to have to get permission to leave the Big 12 to save K-State's rear end is infuriating.

These people hate Lawrence and KU every day of their lives until they need them. gently caress those western Kansas douchebags. The 10% chance of KU joining the B1G put the fear of god in them and now this. Of the three mentioned Regents, one is a Baylor alum, the other two both are KSU alums.

quote:

If the University of Kansas ever decides it wants to change athletic conferences, it will have to win some state approvals that aren’t required today.

Members of the Kansas Board of Regents on Wednesday unanimously approved a policy that will require any Regents university — KU, K-State, Wichita State, Fort Hays State, Pittsburg State and Emporia State — to get approvals from at least three non-university officials before moving to a new athletic conference.

The new policy comes on the heels of major conference realignment, which has sparked discussion about whether KU may need to move from the Big 12 Conference to protect its athletic programs.

The new policy requires the chair, vice chair and president/CEO of the Board of Regents to approve any move to a new conference. Specifically, the policy requires those three officials to grant approval before any university official enters any “discussions or negotiations” to begin to join another athletic conference. It also requires the trio’s approval before any final decision to move to a new conference is made.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Michigan looks absolutely dire.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Michigan looks absolutely dire.

I nearly posted yesterday "I don't know if Michigan is any good, but they sure are fun" because it kind of appears they've turned into a weird Iowa amalgamation. Minimal-to-no defense, but finally a cornucopia of shooters surrounding Dickinson to make it a Beilein-era shooting team.

That leads to fun games like Michigan-EMU last week, and blowouts versus Pitt. But when shooters can't hit the broad side of a barn, and opponent is even slightly hot, holy poo poo it looks rough. At any given time it looked like maybe 2.5 players on the team knew what they were doing, then ASU chucks some poo poo up that rolls on the rim perfectly (when there wasn't outright blown defense).

this team without Dickinson, holy moly I don't know

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

The Lumbering but Unstoppable Sasquatch of the Appalachians
VT had a rough shooting day, but managed to hold on to beat PSU in a pretty gritty ugly fun game. 5-0 and playing College of Charleston Sunday for the Charleston Classic final.

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

The Lumbering but Unstoppable Sasquatch of the Appalachians
UVA-Baylor pretty good so far.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

UVA handing out an rear end kicking

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Buzzer beaters are cool

https://twitter.com/KySportsRadio/status/1593786252498817025?t=mA5KiAqMWrsc_dzGteWixg&s=19

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
UCLA v Illinois has been fantastic so far. Every single possession is at 100% intensity on every possession

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

This is Fran Fraschilla announcing? He sounds completely different. He also sounds like he's dying.

e: Shannon is loving nuts, 8-9 on 3's

Wiltsghost fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Nov 19, 2022

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

What has happened to FSU?

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

it's very rare of me to think of a college sports victory, especially an early season one, as objectively a "good" thing for a school—often it turns out to be the exact opposite— but that Baylor victory was pretty important for UVA right now just as an institution

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/geoffgrammer/status/1594043432082644993?s=46&t=Q_Qwj-y1FoY5bJPz4PaG4A

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

since the site seems to be down for me at least: https://archive.ph/Hm6jN

note that any statements from Albuquerque PD should be taken with tons of salt as they are psychotic even by the standards of modern US policing

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

elentar posted:

note that any statements from Albuquerque PD should be taken with tons of salt as they are psychotic even by the standards of modern US policing

This. APD is just as likely a culprit as any of the suspects they have. The rumors swirling around this are insane, Rio Grande Rivalry might be taking a long hiatus.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Tell us the rumors

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

kiimo posted:

Tell us the rumors

Unsubstantiated rumors below:

NMSU player got catfished, went to UNM campus to meet with the fake girl;
UNM students try to Tonya Harding or rob the player, one student gets killed by the player and another student shoots the player.

Again, all of this is just word of mouth rn, and APD aren’t unlikely suspects considering how often they enjoy shooting random people.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Camels :smith:

https://twitter.com/kenpomeroy/status/1594188246790983682?s=20&t=PwniG8K8I9insVQ817z4eQ

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

My alma mater did something good in sports!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Illinois UVA has been a really good game. Whole tourney has been fun