Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

âрø ÿþûþÑÂúø,
трø ÿþ трø ÿþûþÑÂúø

Discount Dracula posted:

The Apple Store in app purchases still look like this. :pressf:

20 bucks for elons boosted package?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Preoptopus posted:

20 bucks for elons boosted package?

The phrasing is misleading. It's $20 per pill for elon's boosted package

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Fate Accomplice posted:

OR that it even still exists:

lol that's amazing, thanks for posting it.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

holy loving poo poo that's an excellent article

It seriously is

quote:

🤣

This is obvious. This is clear as day. This means you are dealing with a highly aggrieved maniac who thinks the height of humor is an epic bacon meme or a joke about pronouns. This is the pictorial equivalent of buying a ticket to see Ricky Gervais and dutifully clapping like a trained seal. Nobody who has sent this emoji has actually been laughing while they hit send, merely staring blankly at a screen, idly wondering if they should send a third follow-up text to their ex.

It also happens to be one of Elon Musk’s most-used emojis on Twitter. Indeed, between Aug. 1 and Nov. 11, he tweeted it out 98 times.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Steadiman posted:

I've got you covered
https://twitter.com/NFSpeedMovie/status/1594126689629511680

Also saw the classic "Hackers" come by but they deleted that account after 18 hours. This one has been up for about 15 so I expect the mods to delete it soon (It's the movie "Need for Speed", for those reading this post after the account gets suspended)

Namaste. This is the only way I wish to consume media from now on.

The Saddest Rhino posted:

also shameful to post fake tweets when the real deal himself is already funny

I mean gently caress features literally retweeted this one

https://twitter.com/TrungTPhan/status/1594145726099255296

So imma hope Twitter just crashes for a loving week

Chernobyl baby
Jul 19, 2011

Tea Party Crasher posted:

segregating Twitter into men and women's spaces like God intended.

The radfem women's only side of twitter will be renamed clitter under Elon's rule

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Twitter? More like Shitter!

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Chernobyl baby posted:

The radfem women's only side of twitter will be renamed clitter under Elon's rule

I'm more worried he'd call it the Maternity Ward

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice

Infinitum posted:

Namaste. This is the only way I wish to consume media from now on.

Tell Elon and he might bring Quibi back for you!

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/TheLaurenChen/status/1594101861564534784?s=20&t=4-TtXgEjJWMO6KifpGE9hQ

Chernobyl baby
Jul 19, 2011

Tea Party Crasher posted:

The phrasing is misleading. It's $20 per pill for elon's boosted package

Twitter employees are henceforth encouraged to buy brain pills at the company store with their Elonbux, it helps keep you productive and supplement the lead in your diet

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Stopped clock moment imo

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
apparently its fake

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Already deleted

Edit: haha I clicked on it again and it’s still there. The first time I clicked it it said “this tweet is inaccessible”. Going great!

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

temple posted:

apparently its fake

go figure it’s the one reasonable thing I think he’s said in the last while

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Oh god these comments are a dumpster fire.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

temple posted:

apparently its fake

Well if elon didnt want people to impersonate him he wouldnt of let elron nnusk pay 8$ to do so.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

I guess it's on me for making assumptions but she's apparently making the argument that this is an improvement

Edit: Wow yeah, didn't know who this woman was but she's a shithead Charlie Kirk libertarian

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Wow, the comments on this are disgusting.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Marketplace of ideas and boy do we have a lot of absolute poo poo to sell you

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

There Bias Two posted:

deoju posted:

She's a Turning Point USA contributor whose bio says "taxation is theft"

She didn't post that pic to say, "All the women are gone and that's a bad thing!"

Just the opposite.

RDM
Apr 6, 2009

I LOVE FINLAND AND ESPECIALLY FINLAND'S MILITARY ALLIANCES, GOOGLE FINLAND WORLD WAR 2 FOR MORE INFORMATION SLAVA UKRANI
:females: :females: :females: :females:

Everyone knows :females: can't code. What an improvement *reloads 7 times until the tweet loads*.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

kru posted:

a quick lol

Does this man look like he can't defend himself???

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

There Bias Two posted:

Only men are hardcore enough to let themselves be dominated by their boss and act as subservient overworked rear end kissers. That's why we call them yes MEN and not yes WOMEN

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

RDM posted:

Everyone knows :females: can't code. What an improvement *reloads 7 times until the tweet loads*.

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Christ.

What makes it worse is that the picture seems to have been taken at some sort of diversity meeting with women and enby folk

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

even the reply guy that assumes a woman can code still finds a way to make it gross

https://twitter.com/Jpegverse/status/1594140917924913152

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Twitter is gonna shamble along and still be here a year from now and about as many people are going to stick with Mastodon as moved to Canada after trump got elected.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Bad Purchase posted:

even the reply guy that assumes a woman can code still finds a way to make it gross

https://twitter.com/Jpegverse/status/1594140917924913152

Extra gross considering it's a blurry distorted picture of her, so he probably thinks this about some women he works with and is projecting it on this blurry image.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

my slow realization (because i just woke up) that the above twitterer was actually trying to praise eloen for culling women from the staff, was like when bruce willis realizes he's dead in the 6th sense.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Entropic posted:

Twitter is gonna shamble along and still be here a year from now and about as many people are going to stick with Mastodon as moved to Canada after trump got elected.

Yeah, I definitely don't think Twitter is gonna die from a mass exodus unless it literally breaks. Like a 2 days downtime or something might kill it, but all these people threatening to jump to other sites are basically gonna go the same way as chuds threatening an exodus to Truth Social or it's predecessors.

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

deoju posted:

It really is bizarre how much conservatives get hyped at the idea of a 60 hour work week. Like even if you assume their premise that a lot of employees of twitter were doing barely anything and getting paid for 4 hours a week, great benefits and free pumpkin spice lattes or whatever went on there in the fantasy - who gives a poo poo?

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

*guy on Twitter who would be chemically castrated in the 1940's for being too effeminate* finally the tech industry is for badass bros again. Twitter really needed testosterone supplements, just like me before I bought all of those infowar pills. Now I am redder than ever and posting my best

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
It’ll be like MySpace. Twitter will exist until someone offers a more attractive alternative. I don’t think Mastodon is the answer without a massive redesign but you’d be crazy to think that there aren’t a ton of people out there right now trying to figure out what the next big thing will be.

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

massive spider posted:

It really is bizarre how much conservatives get hyped at the idea of a 60 hour work week. Like even if you assume their premise that a lot of employees of twitter were doing barely anything and getting paid for 4 hours a week, great benefits and free pumpkin spice lattes or whatever went on there in the fantasy - who gives a poo poo?

Most Americans view work not as necessity to create products or enrich our society, but develop the character and souls of hopeless peasants born with original sin. No matter what workers are doing or how little it actually benefits the world, it is for the spiritual good of the nation that their hands are busy so that they aren't distracted by prideful self worship and developing a life outside of your job.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
I don’t think Mastodon can replace Twitter, but I do think more people will just spend more time on existing big platforms like Insta, TikTok, Twitch, Discord, Reddit, etc

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
you know people will simply go back to facebook?

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Edit: empty quoted myself instead of editing my post because I am an innovator and intellectual

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Frank Frank posted:

It’ll be like MySpace. Twitter will exist until someone offers a more attractive alternative. I don’t think Mastodon is the answer without a massive redesign but you’d be crazy to think that there aren’t a ton of people out there right now trying to figure out what the next big thing will be.

What are the chances the ex twitter employees band together and roll their own?