Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Is MOISE a decent wabbajack for Morrowind modding if I'm feeling lazy? Or does anyone have a better recommend?

https://www.wabbajack.org/gallery?selectedGame=Morrowind

A Sometimes Food fucked around with this message at 12:34 on Nov 20, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

somebody call jenny nicholson

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME
Finally managed to get some mods up and running, ready to explore Tamriel Rebuilt!

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Vichan posted:

Finally managed to get some mods up and running, ready to explore Tamriel Rebuilt!

I sure hope you arent married to that save

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

mbt posted:

wow modders threatening innocent game players wtf

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

mbt posted:

Not to worry, I'm mostly going to focus on the areas that'll be updated soon so I can compare!

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Tamriel Rebuilt is proud to announce the release of doubleheader update 22.11: Dominions of Dust and Embers of Empire! This is TR's largest release ever, with hundreds of new locations to explore and quests to experience.

Download TR 22.11 from our website:
https://www.tamriel-rebuilt.org/downloads/main-release
Or on Morrowind Nexus:
https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/42145

mbt fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Nov 24, 2022

FlocksOfMice
Feb 3, 2009
yoooo congrats on the release

Incredibly excited to get time to see it all

Alikchi
Aug 18, 2010

Thumbs up I agree

It's the best day of the every couple years!

Captain Scandinaiva
Mar 29, 2010

Nice!

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Morrowind ftw

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
:eyepop:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
God drat I wish I could quit my job and just binge that poo poo

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

mbt posted:

Tamriel Rebuilt is proud to announce the release of doubleheader update 22.11: Dominions of Dust and Embers of Empire! This is TR's largest release ever, with hundreds of new locations to explore and quests to experience.

Download TR 22.11 from our website:
https://www.tamriel-rebuilt.org/downloads/main-release
Or on Morrowind Nexus:
https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/42145

You really weren't kidding! Congratulations! :D

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
Saw the trailer on youtube. Looks loving awesome. Mbt and everyone working on Tamriel Rebuilt are heroes.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

That looks super cool. I did just start a game on OpenMW but I could restart for that. Do those graphics mods from the trailer also work for OpenMW? And is there a list somewhere of what they are?

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

That looks super cool. I did just start a game on OpenMW but I could restart for that. Do those graphics mods from the trailer also work for OpenMW? And is there a list somewhere of what they are?

its openmw with some optional features like extended draw distance. you have been tricked by years of psychos online into thinking morrowind needed anything more than that

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Erm, it also looks much more saturated and high contrast and it has what appears to be clouds in front of terrain?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=an_vUUs3iXg

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
I just told my husband last week that we should really wait for the next release before setting up a final MW setup on the new computer so this is especially well timed. Can't wait, all these areas looked so cool in the preview!

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

next releases are hlan oek, then sundered scar as two kind of mini releases to test out our new development pipeline (faster, easier to work on with many people)

hlan oek is a 'true release' of another block of land, this time moving south. some of this stuff has been worked on for many years at this point, but these two releases roadblocked us.
sundered scar is a redo of that block of land between oe and akamora that has no cities or quests that everyone skips over. that will also set the groundwork for indoril stuff like othrenis, nanaav, and eventually almalexia

after those two, we move to narsis, the second largest city in morrowind, and a sort of dry run for almalexia-scale development. the city exterior is finished and the interiors are being worked on now.
finally, othreleth woods with saint seryn and kragenmoor. lots of temple-centric stuff, and I would probably expect some necrom stuff to happen as well

planned but not labeled in any releases are a quick endcap to the telvanni questline to bring it up to 2022(3) standards, shuffling some buildings of necrom around to make it a much nicer aesthetic city, and a kemel ze complete redo/finishing (finally)

after allllllll of that...we might actually go to dres. depending on when the assets are finished, you could see some of this earlier rather than later

----------
if you want to join the project, morrowind modding is super easy especially compared to later titles. everything makes sense. you can make exteriors, interiors, quests, or all of the above.
tamriel rebuilt discord
https://discord.gg/9T6TtNU

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'm getting purple ground textures everywhere, what's going on? :(

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

Erm, it also looks much more saturated and high contrast and it has what appears to be clouds in front of terrain?

mostly shaders

Vichan posted:

I'm getting purple ground textures everywhere, what's going on? :(

register your bsas

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

i asked deg and he said it was https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/50517 plus mgexe with default shaders. openmw will get the same thing minus those clouds

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

mbt posted:

register your bsas

They are registered, the purple textures aren't on the entire Tamriel Rebuilt area but just on arbritrary lines.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Vichan posted:

They are registered, the purple textures aren't on the entire Tamriel Rebuilt area but just on arbritrary lines.

the bsa names have been changed between releases, including a third that was added, make sure lol

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

mbt posted:

the bsa names have been changed between releases, including a third that was added, make sure lol

I'm an idiot, thanks! :saddumb:

EDIT: Update your TR_Data!

Vichan fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Nov 24, 2022

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Hmm I will see if I can figure out how to get OpenMW to improve contrast and saturation then, because mine currently is still fairly desaturated as morrowind has always been and the lighting is very low intensity. Cheers.

E: man it's a shame I can't use rebuilt and rebirth at the same time, I do like the changes to the mainland towns, ah well.

E2: hmm, for some reason all the enemies seem to be animating at super speed, not sure what's causing that, can't find any references to it on google.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Nov 25, 2022

Xinlum
Apr 12, 2009

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a Dark Knight

I got everything setup with OpenMW on the deck about a month ago and have put good time in my character so far. I haven't visited any of the tr content yet, any chance I won't need a new save for the update?

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Xinlum posted:

I got everything setup with OpenMW on the deck about a month ago and have put good time in my character so far. I haven't visited any of the tr content yet, any chance I won't need a new save for the update?

decently good chance you will not need to restart, update your bsas, too :)

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Alikchi posted:

It's the best day of the every couple years!

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
holy hell i installed TR after playing the Xbox version recently. prior to that i hadn't played morrowind in years. the OpenMW improvements combined with all the new content is incredible to behold. the load times are fast enough that this is actually playable!

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

are the areas in TR still pretty much isolated in terms of questlines from vvardenfell or are there any crossovers?

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Shibawanko posted:

are the areas in TR still pretty much isolated in terms of questlines from vvardenfell or are there any crossovers?

where did the travelling nerds who got trapped by the mating kagouti come from?

imo the best place to do connections to the mainland would be one-off quests like that instead of big interlocking systems

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
hey gamers is MOISE a good base to add tamriel rebuilt into? not in the mood to tweak my modlist significantly at this period in time

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Thanks for playing Alone in the dark 2.

Now please fuck off
Can I play TR with a low level char or should I wait a bit before exploring the new areas?

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Kamrat posted:

Can I play TR with a low level char or should I wait a bit before exploring the new areas?

tr is extremely good at low level content. firewatch, andothren, or old ebonheart are all great for this

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

KoldPT posted:

hey gamers is MOISE a good base to add tamriel rebuilt into? not in the mood to tweak my modlist significantly at this period in time

yeah but moise is a bit much.you dont need all that crap

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Thanks for playing Alone in the dark 2.

Now please fuck off

mbt posted:

tr is extremely good at low level content. firewatch, andothren, or old ebonheart are all great for this

Awesome thanks :)

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

A lady has asked me to get neil gaiman to paint a portrait of her, and there is what is very clearly a bosmer wearing a mask pretending to be an ashlander trying to sell me junk.

Interesting first impression of the mainland.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

What is a good action combat mod for morrowind? I'm interested in checking out Tamriel Rebuilt, but want to try different combat for this playthrough. It should be OpenMW compatible too.