Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Kaldaris posted:

I'm level 14, what level would you recommend going from 2 to 3? I tried 3 at level 11 and holy poo poo did it slap my rear end, where as tier 2 missions felt like a snoozefest at times.

14 is a good time to hop into 3 IMO. Just know that you are going to have to seriously step up your game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uncalled for!
Dec 26, 2006

Rabelais D posted:

Has anyone found a use for the pistols? I mean, specifically the laspistol and the stub revolver, they seem like pure downgrades. The stub revolver has six shots before you have to reload very slowly and the DPS on those six shots isn't even anything to write home about. Compared to a braced autogun or something it's just...pathetic?

I liked the laspistol a lot on psyker. it has a lot of ammo, hits pretty hard, is accurate enough when aiming down the sight to kill specials if your group doesn't have a trooper, and lets you switch between melee/ranged very quickly. I've since switched to lightning staff and haven't looked back, but the humble laser pistol grew on me.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

terrorist ambulance posted:

The breadth of weird hacks and tinkering that people say has fixed the crash and fps issues is so funny

So I took my RAM modules out, blew on them and said a quiet, calm prayer, then re arranged their order and added a registry line and now it crashes 90% less

I'm sure it works but drat :fatshark:

Turns out Fatshark is just a front for the Adeptus Mechanicus

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!

So I took my RAM modules out, blew on them and said a quiet, calm prayer, then re arranged their order and added a registry line and now it crashes 90% less

You have placated the machine spirit. The Omnissiah smiles upon thee

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...

Broken Cog posted:

Turns out Fatshark is just a front for the Adeptus Mechanicus
username/post combo

Anyone tried this with a 1060? If so, can you turn it up from "Lowest" at all? And for those who remember, do the tricks from the VT2 Potato Guide work with Darktide? https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2255915633

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Kaldaris posted:

I'm level 14, what level would you recommend going from 2 to 3? I tried 3 at level 11 and holy poo poo did it slap my rear end, where as tier 2 missions felt like a snoozefest at times.

15 is where your third feat comes online and you're doing to see them finally synergize in a good way. On psyker I'm a lot stronger now because I'm randomly getting warp stacks on enemy kills from my whole team.

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!

Demiurge4 posted:

15 is where your third feat comes online and you're doing to see them finally synergize in a good way. On psyker I'm a lot stronger now because I'm randomly getting warp stacks on enemy kills from my whole team.

I'm also a Psyker, and I'm reading that a lot of goons are also Psykers, which is hilarious to me because I rarely ever see other Psykers in my games. It's usually Veterans and Zealots all the way down, with the occasional Ogryn and Psyker in the mix.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

Kaldaris posted:

Its more of a skill issue honestly, one weak link in your group can collapse everything when 5 specials spring up and someone gets insta-downed.

I've just been maining zealot and I find dumping 1-2 nades and just bee lining to revive someone works pretty well.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Zephro posted:

username/post combo

Anyone tried this with a 1060? If so, can you turn it up from "Lowest" at all? And for those who remember, do the tricks from the VT2 Potato Guide work with Darktide? https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2255915633

I have a 1060 and it runs fine enough. Only real slow down is b when there's alooooot of enemies.

But my friends who have much better computers also chug during those.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

raverrn posted:

The gauntlet is the very definition of underwhelming. The damage falloff is so extreme that it might as well be a single-target weapon, and at that it's a weaker, more clumsy and less ammo efficient revolver. The melee attack is a cute gimmick, but the Ogryn's talents are built towards heavy attack cleaves for waveclear so it seems superfluous. If it was a heavy single target hit or have high AP I might reconsider.

My only Thumper is gray so I'm.holdomg off judgement. If it does heavy single target and the reload isn't agonizing it might do okay for ranged specials, but it's still a hard sell for the corridors with 10+ rifleman in them.

In 3* missions, I've found both of them are sufficient for that sort of situation. You peg one, it knocks down half of them and suppresses the rest, and you can charge in safely.

If that playstyle isn't doing it for you, the Stubber is just heavy weapons guy.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Zephro posted:

username/post combo

I have a 1060 6gb, it auto set to low but I threw it in medium out of being offended and it runs fine.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Whats the benefit of the alt fire on the shield since you can't move? I haven't had a chance to really test it.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

The breadth of weird hacks and tinkering that people say has fixed the crash and fps issues is so funny

it is from the dark age of technology

it is not for us to know; perform the blessed rites of maintenance and praise the Omnissiah

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
Is the game bugged for me or did they forget to add music?

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

The music really makes the game. First time I'm hearing of that issue. Try verifying on Steam? And making sure it's not muted in the sound settings somehow?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

There is absolutely music. You don't hear anything when the servo skull starts moving during the scan missions?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

There's a couple almost hotline miami-esque tracks that are pretty awesome

comrade corcus
Apr 23, 2013

S.J. posted:

Whats the benefit of the alt fire on the shield since you can't move? I haven't had a chance to really test it.

You block every bit of damage from the front with no stamina drain. Used it to great effect in a couple situations where I could block a door for half a horde and just become the door.

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!
I've run into bugs where the music hasn't worked.

Turning off Steam overlay made the game go from slideshow to fine for me. Anti-cheat may also be causing issues.

Also, this game is a RAM hog unlike any other game I regularly play. It's probably intensive to begin with, but it may have a memory leak issue.

Pennsylvanian fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Nov 20, 2022

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Got the other accatran pattern and its a comically fast firing buzzsaw that puts every autogun to shame, without losing much accuracy.

90 round magazine where every round is 1 las shot, and thats a green one, I bet purples and oranges can take it past the 100s.

Laser supremacy.

e: Yeah did some more testing and if you can find the VId variant it just seems superior in every way to the II. Nearly identical accuracy, twice the firerate with only a small loss of damage, so output is better at every range.

Sharkopath fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Nov 20, 2022

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Sharkopath posted:

Got the other accatran pattern and its a comically fast firing buzzsaw that puts every autogun to shame, without losing much accuracy.

90 round magazine where every round is 1 las shot, and thats a green one, I bet purples and oranges can take it past the 100s.

Laser supremacy.

i dont think it can pierce carapace, so look out for that.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
What feats are people running on psyker? I'm finding the one that recharges toughness when your peril depletes pretty good. I guess the one when you get toughness per warp charge would be strong when you get it from others kills

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Roobanguy posted:

i dont think it can pierce carapace, so look out for that.

Oh yeah it can't, but what else has carapace armor besides mauler heads which you wouldnt shoot anyways, and ogryns?

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Ogryn gunners are funny, they have carapace armor on the one shoulder and the two gauntlets, flak in the chest, and the rest is nothing, if you can get a shot on their legs its a faster kill than if you go for the chest.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
If this game didnt crash or disconnect every other mission id never stop playing

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

What feats are people running on psyker? I'm finding the one that recharges toughness when your peril depletes pretty good. I guess the one when you get toughness per warp charge would be strong when you get it from others kills

Toughness on venting is the most versatile, yeah. Works passively, manually and with your ult. Once you get a staff it’s a very steady refill.

I’ve been running warp resist on warp charges and the 4% chance for an extra charge on teammate kills. It’s pretty easy to stick with a full 4 charges this way and focus on blasting. If you’re super comfortable with your peril levels the extra weapon damage in tier 2 might be better? But it seems less valuable.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Fishstick posted:

If this game didnt crash or disconnect every other mission id never stop playing

HOnestly it's not grabbing me like Vermintide.

Hopefully more maps helps with that, but something about the characters and the progression just feels off to me.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Did they really say this game would offer a more narrative experience than Vermintide?
Because every cutscene I've had so far has just been someone going "I don't trust you, but if you keep doing missions, maybe I will".

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
I do appreciate the 5 second game over screens when your squad biffs a mission.

Ignoring the whole ‘you just respawn on the ship thing’ it does a nice job of reminding you that you are just meat for the pile.

SterlingSylver
Feb 20, 2007
As someone who hasn't played a tide game before, I'm hopeful that this can polish this into a really fun game. I've had minimal technical bugs on a 3080 and can run the game at a good fps.

The gameplay of the beta has been fun. I like the l4d style team play and the coat of 40k paint works well. As they introduce more mission types and a new zone or two I think things will feel more diverse.

My main complaints right now are around the itemization and documentation. I don't feel like I have many tools to play with starting out as a new character, and the gameplay is more fun as you can try more interesting guns and weapons in your tool kit. If the missions start dropping more and more varied toys or they introduce more ways of getting stuff I'll be happy. The random assortment of crap from a merchant every hour is a boneheaded way of giving a newbie their options.

Documentation also could use some help. Why is all my health purple? As far as I know I've barely been hit, but now everyone has no health. What does a level up do if I only get feats at the 5s.

It's got potential, and as they turn on features during the beta hopefully the progression can feel a bit more fun and the missions can get more varied.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Biggest issue is weapon stats are impossible to distinguish. I have no idea how to choose one weapon over the other so I just go by cumulative weapon score but that is probably not very accurate.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Sharkopath posted:

Oh yeah it can't, but what else has carapace armor besides mauler heads which you wouldnt shoot anyways, and ogryns?

I shoot the hell out of carapace armor with a braced autogun and the meat inside goes splat

Sab Sabbington
Sep 18, 2016

In my restless dreams I see that town...

Flagstaff, Arizona

SterlingSylver posted:

Documentation also could use some help. Why is all my health purple? As far as I know I've barely been hit, but now everyone has no health. What does a level up do if I only get feats at the 5s.

If Darktide is anything like VT2, and I wholly expect it will be, we won't have an actual solid understanding of the stats with concrete numbers until people start datamining and/or creating mods if they add that functionality.

There's some ways to infer what certain things do if you're familiar with VT2 but that's like 4 levels of knowledge obscured from being actual helpful or reasonable for the average player.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I'm getting serious tide FOMO but the mixed review status on the store page for this game has me thinking I should just probaby wait until the 30th.

Right?

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

AndyElusive posted:

I'm getting serious tide FOMO but the mixed review status on the store page for this game has me thinking I should just probaby wait until the 30th.

Right?

It’s up to you, so far I’m having a great time but maybe it’s best to wait until full release for reviews and stuff

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

that workaround just extends the timeout before the driver is force reset by windows to prevent BSoD. Has no impact on performance and is not really weird at all. Obviously it's unnecessary to have to go through but I'm always happy when small regedits fix poo poo instead of having to hope for developer made fixes to severe problems.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

AndyElusive posted:

Right?

It's good times now but you'll probably have a better experience with all the maps being in, and whatever other fun "surprises" they talked about adding this coming week.

wereboat
Jun 23, 2011
gimme da boyz

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

Yeah I'm having loads of fun so far. The itemizationdefinitely feels off for early levels but hopefully the crafting will fix that and add some more playstyle customization. I'm not sure why they nerfed giving out a bunch of poo poo weapons at the end of the mission but it would make it less painful to try stuff as you level.

field balm fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Nov 20, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

AndyElusive posted:

Right?

Should probably just wait unless you're seriously starved for a coop slasher/shooter with 40k paint.

I'm enjoying it myself but gotta take a break after two days and hold out for the release. I like the core of the game but theres weird issues with performance and waiting for release content.