Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

i am looking for some sort of time management/project tracking/to-do list type thing. something that will give me a visual representation of roadmaps for multiple tasks, and also works well on both iphone and the web so i can have it on my second monitor. things seems nice but only works on apple stuff and my work pc runs windows. i dunno what else is good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maduin
Mar 4, 2003

Weedle posted:

i am looking for some sort of time management/project tracking/to-do list type thing. something that will give me a visual representation of roadmaps for multiple tasks, and also works well on both iphone and the web so i can have it on my second monitor. things seems nice but only works on apple stuff and my work pc runs windows. i dunno what else is good

Have you looked at Todoist? They have kanban views and poo poo, in addition to the more traditional checklist view.

I use Things on an iPad that sits on my desk next to my horrible work PC.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

maduin posted:

Have you looked at Todoist? They have kanban views and poo poo, in addition to the more traditional checklist view.

i have not but i will. thank you!

False Toaster
Dec 29, 2006

Stupidity, its both physically and mentally painful.
Is there a thread for sharing an Apple One family plan? I got two spots available for $5 (if I fill the last 2 spots) and just want to see who’s interested.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Check in Coupons. That's where that sort of thing is generally organized.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Sharing an Apple One plan means sharing a family plan which in turn means all members of the plan use the primary’s credit card for any purchases in the App Store so be aware of that.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

FCKGW posted:

Sharing an Apple One plan means sharing a family plan which in turn means all members of the plan use the primary’s credit card for any purchases in the App Store so be aware of that.

Purchase sharing is a separate toggle now.

False Toaster
Dec 29, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

Check in Coupons. That's where that sort of thing is generally organized.

Nothing there. I checked everywhere. Surprised there isn’t a thread for this sort of thing. Can one be made on this sub?

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

False Toaster posted:

Nothing there. I checked everywhere. Surprised there isn’t a thread for this sort of thing. Can one be made on this sub?

Sharing threads are generally in SA-Mart: https://forums.somethingawful.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=61 on the first page I see youtube premium, switch online, etc sharing threads already.

False Toaster
Dec 29, 2006

Maneki Neko posted:

Sharing threads are generally in SA-Mart: https://forums.somethingawful.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=61 on the first page I see youtube premium, switch online, etc sharing threads already.

Yeah but that’s not what I’m looking for? Again I’m not seeing anything anywhere for an Apple plan. I checked this entire forum.

False Toaster fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Oct 24, 2022

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

False Toaster posted:

Yeah but that’s not what I’m looking for? Again I’m not seeing anything anywhere for an Apple plan. I checked this entire forum.

Yeah, my suggestion was make one there and see who is interested.

helsabot
Apr 25, 2005
This is the worst vacation ever.
my favorite list making gesture based app Clear that i've used for over a decade finally stopped working with the latest ios update and im having a hell of a time finding another app that's simple and good looking that functions similarly. i just looked at microsoft to do but even that's more cluttered looking than i'd like. any suggestions?

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

helsabot posted:

my favorite list making gesture based app Clear that i've used for over a decade finally stopped working with the latest ios update and im having a hell of a time finding another app that's simple and good looking that functions similarly. i just looked at microsoft to do but even that's more cluttered looking than i'd like. any suggestions?

There was supposed to be a new version of Clear, but some Googling makes it seem like it's dead in the water.

No gestures, but Apple Reminders can be kept simple like that.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Anyone got some cool paid apps they want to recommend? I'm tired of ads and subscriptions. What are your best pay (once) to play apps?

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Warbird posted:

Anyone got some cool paid apps they want to recommend? I'm tired of ads and subscriptions. What are your best pay (once) to play apps?

Friendly.

It's a web wrapper for facebook, nextdoor, etc. It erases FB ads and replaces it with its own ads unless you pay $4.99 for a nice clean look.

You can uninstall official apps that are potentially malicious and just have a web portal.

It's not magical or anything just a browser really that's trimmed down for social media sites that have lovely apps. I use twitterific for twitter and apollo for reddit but I just don't like or trust the official apps.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

On that note Apollo is also a really good Reddit app.

maduin
Mar 4, 2003

helsabot posted:

https://testflight.apple.com/join/PwwDvqYN

Jump on the TestFlight for the new version of Clear. It’s mostly inactive but the developers refresh it every time it’s close to running out.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

That doesn’t seem like a very clear development path

helsabot
Apr 25, 2005
This is the worst vacation ever.

maduin posted:

https://testflight.apple.com/join/PwwDvqYN

Jump on the TestFlight for the new version of Clear. It’s mostly inactive but the developers refresh it every time it’s close to running out.

i actually used this for a few days after emailing the devs about the original not working but then this one stopped working too which i took as a sign that my time with clear was over

Froist
Jun 6, 2004

As nice as this is I’d be wary of trusting it for anything important. I don’t know anything about the history of this updated Clear build (I used to love the original app) but TestFlight builds expire every 90 days, and if they don’t plan on releasing it officially they’ll probably get bored of refreshing this build every time. At that point your data will be trapped in an app you can’t launch at all, not just “no longer updated” or “maybe buggy”.

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?
Brave browser works perfectly for YouTube, with full ad blocking and PiP while still in mobile view.

Sadly their mobile site is missing obvious features like adding to playlists, but it’s still the best option.

Their deliberately broken app offends me.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

brave existing because the founder got run out of mozilla for opposing same sex marriage offends me.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Wasn't there something that Brave also did some background crypto mining or am I thinking of another niche browser.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Iirc it does that but you have to opt in.

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus

baram. posted:

brave existing because the founder got run out of mozilla for opposing same sex marriage offends me.

Oh dammit. I liked Brave because of all the content blocking. Should I just go back to Safari?

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe
There are no ethical apps

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Safari + Vinegar

Neurophonic
May 2, 2009

Endless Mike posted:

Safari + Vinegar

+ NextDNS with a few of the additional blacklists added to the filtering

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
I’m using Wipr and AdGuard to block ads, but lately they’ve let more and more ads through. Am I the only one? Are there better adblockers out there than these two?

virinvictus
Nov 10, 2014
I still get swarms of ads with 1Blocker

Neurophonic
May 2, 2009

Xabi posted:

I’m using Wipr and AdGuard to block ads, but lately they’ve let more and more ads through. Am I the only one? Are there better adblockers out there than these two?

NextDNS + extra blocklists. The free tier is plenty for phone browsing.

rufius
Feb 27, 2011

Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets.

Neurophonic posted:

NextDNS + extra blocklists. The free tier is plenty for phone browsing.

This one is the best one. Block it at the network layer.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Brave lets me play videos in the background with the phone off as audio. Can anything else replace this feature?

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Boris Galerkin posted:

Brave lets me play videos in the background with the phone off as audio. Can anything else replace this feature?

YouTube app can

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!

priznat posted:

Wasn't there something that Brave also did some background crypto mining or am I thinking of another niche browser.

I remember some sort of substituting ads and then paying the advertiser only if they signed up to Brave, also in some sort of crypto?

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

kri kri posted:

YouTube app can

Only if you have Premium, right?

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

No, youtube regular does pip as long as it’s not a music video. They made it public earlier this year.

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla
Only in certain countries. I don’t think the UK is allowed PiP without a premium subscription.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?
Oh yeah, it was a US thing. I'm in the EU, we don't get it for free.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Froist
Jun 6, 2004

Plus while the OP said “with the phone off”, I presume they meant “with the screen off” which would stop anything playing in PiP.