Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Drakkel posted:

The whole Punk/All out situation seem to have just broken Squared Circle's collective brain

A lot of the people on that sub have some real serious issues, it's hard to read

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/ZeeRoosta/status/1594265048226189313

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Your honor, these people don't like me

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

they hate me and thats illegal your honor

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
https://twitter.com/MarkMaddenX/status/1594379824436768770

"They're all sellouts for AEW. But not the kind that get paid. They just genuinely like it. I forgot to make a point"

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Elite Derangement Syndrome

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

https://twitter.com/WWE_ENFORCER/status/1594135255052689408?t=HFLOYJjoD7bekJursIsvOg&s=19

The disgusting profile too

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
LOL "not smart enough to get paid" just gives away the whole grift game and also proves just how stupid he is since Meltzer makes a great living and wth is Madden doing? Local sports radio?

lmao

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Elephant Ambush posted:

LOL "not smart enough to get paid" just gives away the whole grift game and also proves just how stupid he is since Meltzer makes a great living and wth is Madden doing? Local sports radio?

lmao

Yes Madden is on local sports radio. He probably makes good money but clearly nothing close to what he claims.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

MassRafTer posted:

Yes Madden is on local sports radio. He probably makes good money but clearly nothing close to what he claims.

local sports radio personalities make enough to cover child support and a 1BR apartment. If they don't drink.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

MassRafTer posted:

Mark Madden is also probably the most hated sports radio personality in Pittsburgh as well; he probably does make decent though

https://twitter.com/snowboiiii/status/1594285878519951362

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I've seen enough from that poster that I trust they're posting sincerely, which is all you can ask in matters of taste. But still, that ruled.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
If you're watching the Bucks vs Luchas in 2022 and don't expect there to be some flippy superkick hijinks, then maybe pro wrestling isn't for you.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

God these guys suck *posts awesomesequence.gif*

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

None of them look like a blue collar 80s uncle in his underwear so how can you even tell they’re wrestlers

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Mr. Squishy posted:

I've seen enough from that poster that I trust they're posting sincerely, which is all you can ask in matters of taste.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

achillesforever6 posted:

Mark Madden is also probably the most hated sports radio personality in Pittsburgh as well; he probably does make decent though

https://twitter.com/snowboiiii/status/1594285878519951362

Pittsburgh is a big enough market and he has a long history in the market that he's not going to have his salary collapse but he is such a bragger that a guy like him isn't going to not post pictures of a fancy car, house or condo or other big purchases and he never, ever does. Just concerts he goes to from non-rich guy seats.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

I seriously doubt anyone in regional, non-syndicated terrestrial radio is making That BagTM.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I'm sure it was cool in the moment and the crowd clearly were into it but seeing that LB/YB gif devoid of context does absolutely nothing for me

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

being a wrestling fan is all about being selective about what incredibly dumb poo poo you enjoy

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

No doubt, I could watch Kenoh and Nakajima cave each other's chests in for a full hour which would bore a lot of people to tears

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

History Comes Inside! posted:

None of them look like a blue collar 80s uncle in his underwear so how can you even tell they’re wrestlers

And yet they also think Eddie Kingston is a disgraceful slob

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

SG Bamboo posted:

I'm sure it was cool in the moment and the crowd clearly were into it but seeing that LB/YB gif devoid of context does absolutely nothing for me

I get that and honestly me too but if that’s the price I pay for the rest of the match, it’s fine.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/OTRSCentral/status/1594143539323179011

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

the rolleyes emoji does kind of give the game away but he's not wrong

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

little munchkin posted:

On a very technical level they are. Also they just are.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

little munchkin posted:

Those are literally not the lyrics and they said they wanted the theme as an entrance on BTE a year ago.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

people have constructed a whole fanfiction about the elite and especially the bucks being the most Machiavellian mad geniuses to ever politic in wrestling and hell at this point I choose to believe it and also support them because how can you not think it's cool as hell that they made a reference to coming out to the song and then shortly thereafter orchestrated the scenario where they could return while using the song to take a shot at the man whose career they systematically destroyed and got away with it all

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Pylons posted:

Those are literally not the lyrics and they said they wanted the theme as an entrance on BTE a year ago.

Just shows how long they were plotting against poor CM Punk

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

also the verse lyrics can be much better construed as a dig against punk if you wanted to go that route.

quote:

Masquerading as a man with a reason
My charade is the event of the season
And if I claim to be a wise man, well
It surely means that I don't know

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Jimmy here claimed The Elite should have been demoted for being in a fight because executives are held to a higher standard. He is laughed at because executives are basically given free reign to do whatever until it costs the company money. He insists he knows company policies and how business works. He is asked "ok, name one example of an executive being fired because an employee attacked him." He provides an example of a Truck Dispatcher who he claims is a company executive, then claims it was a leadership role.

https://twitter.com/JoeAtFanatics/status/1594488680898789376

He continues to insist he is not wrong.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Pylons posted:

they got one word wrong and it was changing "done" to "gone". you're right, that changes the meaning entirely

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

Jimmy here claimed The Elite should have been demoted for being in a fight because executives are held to a higher standard. He is laughed at because executives are basically given free reign to do whatever until it costs the company money. He insists he knows company policies and how business works. He is asked "ok, name one example of an executive being fired because an employee attacked him." He provides an example of a Truck Dispatcher who he claims is a company executive, then claims it was a leadership role.

https://twitter.com/JoeAtFanatics/status/1594488680898789376

He continues to insist he is not wrong.

man what is it with Miami area sports reporterss

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

little munchkin posted:

they got one word wrong and it was changing "done" to "gone". you're right, that changes the meaning entirely

it does, but even if it didn't, they're still wrong, as demonstrated.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

little munchkin posted:

It does entirely change the meaning, especially in context of the rest of the lyrics around it.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

little munchkin posted:

Yes, it does

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The bucks use an entrance song about discovering humility and yourself

"They're subtweeting Punk"

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
The other thing that is confusing about this entire take is that it's the Elite's entrance theme and the Young Bucks were trying to trademark Wayward Sons for their merch/possibly a trios name so like... why would this be about CM Punk?

If Parker Boudreaux changed his ring name to The Creep and he started coming out to Radiohead's Creep would people interpret this as a veiled dig at Triple H for being a creep and firing him?

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Edge & Christian posted:

The other thing that is confusing about this entire take is that it's the Elite's entrance theme and the Young Bucks were trying to trademark Wayward Sons for their merch/possibly a trios name so like... why would this be about CM Punk?

If Parker Boudreaux changed his ring name to The Creep and he started coming out to Radiohead's Creep would people interpret this as a veiled dig at Triple H for being a creep and firing him?

Depends on how much of my identity is wrapped up in Triple H and everything attached to WWE being evil and bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Dean was the always the worst of Rory's boyfriends and he continues to create unnecessary drama