Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

JesustheDarkLord posted:

Who's going to sponsor our defense? The colander company?

Whoever makes turnstiles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Either way it would have helped having him but Banks alone wasn’t gonna stop what happened. The loss is on the DC and defensive staff. Willy Martinez might be a good recruiter but and SEC team fan will tell you he is a garbage coach.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
I'm Jeremy Banks and I think you all should buy some exlax. If you can't get moving, play us

Sir Thats Gross
May 27, 2006
Banks gonna get sponsored by the old South Knoxville Glove Company or maybe Ted Russell Ford can kick some cash over to him

Goddamn what a miserable game to watch. I had us down for some losses this year in the preseason but SCar wasn’t one of them.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

LLCoolJD posted:

Napier calls plays to follow in the footsteps of his late father so I don't think he's going to change, sadly. Maybe his recruiting can stay ahead of his play calling.

sounds like the eli drinkwitz special

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Can’t believe Georgia Tech killed the elephant in the room that was “playoff North Carolina.”

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Demon Of The Fall posted:

I still don’t understand the complete shittiness of a Tennessee defense who has been at least average for several weeks. They played really well against Kentucky! To let an offense that stinks do that, I just can’t wrap my mind around it. Is something going on in the locker room? The whole team just looked completely disinterested from the get go and I don’t understand why when you have so much to play for. They just laid down.

Jeremy Banks was out, and they kept blowing coverage on the exact same cross route with a deep post.

Then SC had the momentum.

e: f, b on the Banks outage. But still, they needed to adjust and they just didnt.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Henchman of Santa posted:

Can’t believe Georgia Tech killed the elephant in the room that was “playoff North Carolina.”

I missed this somehow. Wild how much Collins’s firing was addition by subtraction.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Silly Burrito posted:

Well, if a two loss program does make the playoffs, it ain’t gonna be Tennessee.

Hi yes hello.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
watching a recording of the oregon game and im here to say

bo nix got that dawg in him

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Warbird posted:

Hi yes hello.

man i didn't realize people were still getting redtext avs

good for you

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Wait did Oklahoma not score again after that first quarter lol

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

whos that broooown posted:

Clearly a late hit

Was going to post this.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Declan MacManus posted:

man i didn't realize people were still getting redtext avs

good for you

Oh no no, that was a friendly neighborhood MPD restoring my old stuff that got wiped out with the avatar gifting. I can only hope/assume they got the proper hex code of crimson.

Unless it has changed. Idk, I’m on mobile.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

C-Euro posted:

Yep

Gabriel had 256 yards in the first half, finished the game with 259.

Stanley Tucheetos
May 15, 2012

C-Euro posted:

They did not. Ou had 299 yards in the first quarter while only getting 135 the rest of the game. Their offense would have been better by using the entire time clock and taking a knee after the first quarter.

1st quarter
touchdown 1:17
touchdown 2:45
punt 0:45
touchdown 0:18
fumble 0:48
touchdown 1:31

2nd quarter
punt 1:03
punt 1:24
downs 1:14
interception 1:01

3rd quarter
punt 1:22
punt 1:09
punt 1:13
punt 1:11

4th quarter
punt 1:12
punt 1:27
punt 1:18
punt 1:00

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

watching a recording of the oregon game and im here to say

bo nix got that dawg in him

That one deep ball he completed and then looked like he wasn't going to be able to make the 40-50yd run to the LOS because his ankle is so jacked lol

If/when UCLA beats Cal on Friday, I believe that clinches the CG for Oregon. In that case I'm not opposed to sitting Bo for the civil war game.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

If your defense is worth a drat, 30+ points should put the game away. This wild 3 sec playoff narrative should officially be dead.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Next week’s match-up between Michigan and Ohio State is gonna be a preview of the National Championship.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

General Dog posted:

Does he have a son he could put in charge of the offense?

His son Rudy is 9 and he might be an improvement.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Mega64 posted:

Next week’s match-up between Michigan and Ohio State is gonna be a preview of the National Championship.

lol, no

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
If Corum and Edwards are both out next week I think that might be a wrap on Michigan.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Warbird posted:

Hi yes hello.

No division losers allowed

Pobrecito
Jun 16, 2020

hasta que la muerte nos separe

C-Euro posted:

We had exactly 4 first downs after going up 28-0. One third down conversion in the entire game. One pass completed in the second half.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

And GT is 5-6. They win their next game and they are bowl eligible!

Let’s see who they play this week… oh.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

CannonFodder posted:

And GT is 5-6. They win their next game and they are bowl eligible!

Let’s see who they play this week… oh.

Honestly Georgia should do Tech a solid and just take the L, we all know they’re the best team in the country and they’ll beat Bama the following week and probably go on to win the playoffs. It’s such an inconsequential game for them, but it would mean literally everything to GT

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

If Corum and Edwards are both out next week I think that might be a wrap on Michigan.

I can’t believe I’m saying this but they also really miss Schoonmaker. The other tight ends who can kind of block all have waffle iron hands and Loveland is the ultimate joker tight end with zero interest in doing anything f other than running routes.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

DC Murderverse posted:

and they’ll beat Bama the following week

About that...

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

LSU, Bama, whatever overranked team comes out of that division

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

let us pray they return then. hold my hands as we give up our energy

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

The committee established the precedent in 2016 that a two loss conference winner would not go to the playoffs. Of course, I do expect the committee to violate their precedent in the case of Alabama. Tennessee is certainly eliminated from consideration.

If TCU wins out and so does USC, USC will leap the Michigan/OSU loser into the playoffs. If USC loses, the PAC is out. If TCU loses, I think they could still get into the playoff if USC also loses. Any loss by these teams, then the Michigan/OSU loser will go to the playoff if the game was close.

An LSU upset over Georgia would cause all hell to break loose.

Edit: I can't believe Tennessee is still above Penn State in the AP. What a joke.

Komet fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Nov 20, 2022

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Silly Burrito posted:

No division losers allowed

Oh like that’s ever stopped us before.

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”

Yeah, I kind of don’t get how people think the issue with Ohio state is that they somehow are bad in the weather. Like, Stroud put up like 400 yards in the snow last year and scored what should have been enough. He did that despite everyone knowing he was throwing because we were down for so long. They run the ball fine when they’re not in a situation where they’re telegraphing it.

The actual question for Ohio State has always been “is the defense competent on a run fit” and the answer this year so far has been yes. If Michigan can’t run for 8 yards a carry, those receivers are worse than Maryland or Penn State and not keeping them in the game, and JJ isn’t suddenly fixing his accuracy mid-season. If Michigan is struggling with Jayden Reed or Parker Washington, they’re not gonna have fun with Marv or Emeka.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Michigan didn't struggle with Parker Washington. Ohio State did. With injuries and home field advantage, Ohio State is probably going to win. But Michigan dominated Penn State thoroughly, but Penn State was able to move the ball all day against OSU until Clifford came undone

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Komet posted:

Michigan didn't struggle with Parker Washington. Ohio State did. With injuries and home field advantage, Ohio State is probably going to win. But Michigan dominated Penn State thoroughly, but Penn State was able to move the ball all day against OSU until Clifford came undone

The transitive property of college football just doesn't work. Penn State thoroughly dominated Maryland who played both UM and OSU tough. A few weeks ago I was thinking UM all the way but now I'm not so sure.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

Komet posted:

Michigan looked worse against Iowa and Maryland though, so who knows.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
https://twitter.com/DudeYouCrazy/status/1594143987928952833

https://twitter.com/SmallYetTall/status/1594179465219014656

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

I really enjoyed college football without a fully operational USC, thanks for nothing Lincoln Riley

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
I'm enjoying the fact that this team made of transfers and questionable defenders is probably gonna make the playoffs (and then get murdered, but let's not talk about that part yet)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Komet posted:

it all depends on corum and edwards coming back or not