Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
Ugly win but a wins a win and hopefully the team is starting to find it's mojo again. The constipated red zone is still a massive concern.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Mann sucks btw and should be cut.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
There's going to be plenty of competent ish quasi starters available. Mariota, maybe Tannehill, Mayfield if you're truly desperate. All capable of getting that roster to ten eleven wins.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Can't wait to give the genius behind today's performance a third year because we've already "beaten expectations" this year.

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

https://twitter.com/NBCSPatriots/status/1586832751160070144

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Diva Cupcake posted:

Whatever support he had from the fan base is being lit on fire.

https://twitter.com/Connor_J_Hughes/status/1594443254451372032

lol

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/snyjets/status/1593334271481348097?s=20&t=3rr1vX1yFAjA-LTooF7fsw

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

imagine being a member of the jets defense and hearing that poo poo lmao

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

YOU CANT BLAME THE HATERS WHEN YOU poo poo YOUR PANTS ZACH, gently caress YOU

Bjork Bjowlob
Feb 23, 2006
yes that's very hot and i'll deal with it in the morning

Another lovely loss to the Patriots. To be fair the Jets should have lost that game multiple times, Wilson had at least two interceptions dropped and otherwise stunk up the place. Couldn't get anything really going on the ground either with Breece out and Carter a little banged up.

Agreeing with other Jets posters here that Wilson is not the answer. Mac sucked but he looked more competent than Wilson. Another highly drafted QB goes by the wayside.

When was the last time the Jets had a functional offense? 2015 was ok, 2009/2010 it was average to bad iirc - maybe the Curtis Martin years?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Diva Cupcake posted:

I mean they scored three points what more do you need

Bjork Bjowlob
Feb 23, 2006
yes that's very hot and i'll deal with it in the morning

On the plus side, the Jets defense looked great - apart from giving up that long 3rd down - in spite of the offense hanging them out to dry by forcing them back onto the field every four plays.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Diva Cupcake posted:

what an immature child :laffo:

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

If I had a dollar for all the times I've personally seen a Jets QB throw three yards behind the first down marker on a 3rd down play, I could buy both Jeff Bezos and Elon Musk and force them to fight to the death

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

haljordan posted:

If I had a dollar for all the times I've personally seen a Jets QB throw three yards behind the first down marker on a 3rd down play, I could buy both Jeff Bezos and Elon Musk and force them to fight to the death

I think the Zach passes that pissed me off the most were the 2? 3? ones he skied to a RB in the flat that would've setup 3rd and shorts or converted first downs. Just awful throws on complete gimmes.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Kalli posted:

I think the Zach passes that pissed me off the most were the 2? 3? ones he skied to a RB in the flat that would've setup 3rd and shorts or converted first downs. Just awful throws on complete gimmes.

It’s wild that he can’t hit anything in the flat

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

It’s wild that he can’t hit anything in the flat

Thats why it was a great idea to throw it in the flat on that 3rd and 2 at the end of the game. Great OC'ing there.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

mcmagic posted:

Thats why it was a great idea to throw it in the flat on that 3rd and 2 at the end of the game. Great OC'ing there.

I did enjoy it. To be fair he made that pass

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Bellmaker posted:

what an immature child :laffo:

the way he says it on the video makes it even better

https://twitter.com/snyjets/status/1594446441287540736?s=46&t=2SMQgxyxFFrDFWaipEl8WA

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Kalli posted:

My brother in the East, we should not mock at this time, because it was simply that bad

also like 80% of the jets passing yards came on one play that happened to work out even though it was underthrown

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

https://twitter.com/SalSports/status/1594450925250396160?s=20&t=PnkUwN39Ye2BsPpmteg9jg

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

:sickos:

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
I feel like Wilson is one of those guys who never once faced adversity in his life, was the golden child from the moment he started playing football till now. He's had life given to him on a silver platter, and now that he has actual adversity he is completely imploding.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

I truly don't understand some of the decisions Wilson made out there. It was like once the Pats figured out they were in his head with containing the pocket he just completely imploded.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

syzpid posted:

I feel like Wilson is one of those guys who never once faced adversity in his life, was the golden child from the moment he started playing football till now. He's had life given to him on a silver platter, and now that he has actual adversity he is completely imploding.

I don’t think that’s actually true re: his college career actually. But I mostly agree. He’s the kid that got taken to all of the QB camps since he was 9 years old or whatever.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Dallas Minnesota is like watching an entirely different sport than what the Pats and Jets poo poo all over CBS at 1pm

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

I don't know if the Jets situation would be any better if they had tied this game but that utter garbage patriots team in the playoffs because the jets gave them 2 games is just beyond the loving pale.

Also Saleh hosed up taking MLF with him instead of Mike McDaniel.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Nov 20, 2022

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
It's amazing how the Patriots devolve any young QB into looking like a complete imbecile.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

pasaluki posted:

It's amazing how the Patriots devolve any young QB into looking like a complete imbecile.

This is a bullshit talking point Justin Fields ate them alive. Their defense is mediocre this season at best. Wilson is just horrible.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

mcmagic posted:

I don't know if the Jets situation would be any better if they had tied this game but that utter garbage patriots team in the playoffs because the jets gave them 2 games is just beyond the loving pale.

Also Saleh hosed up taking MLF with him instead of Mike McDaniel.

1. Patriots aren't making it to the playoffs.
2. The Patriots defense is good
3. Zach Wilson lol

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/mikegiardi/status/1594455658614689793?s=46&t=tJQnLEE6qxDxlinYKyFF4A

Nov 6, 2002

Pats were real galaxy brains on I think their best looking drive in the second quarter when Stevenson was just ramming it down their throats and on 3rd and 2 they called for a pass and surprise, surprise Mac Jones ate an 8 yard sack.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Is there a WR on this roster who has not been publicly pissed off at the offense this year

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

garrett is right. it's time to sign a free agent qb

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Cavauro posted:

garrett is right. it's time to sign a free agent qb

They can't do that for next week. They should be playing Mike White.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Either Flacco or White would be an improvement

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i'm sorry. i was wanting them to bring the legend back home. fitzpatrick

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Cavauro posted:

i'm sorry. i was wanting them to bring the legend back home. fitzpatrick

I'd sign up for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nov 6, 2002

I think it's safe to say they don't need to evaluate Zach Wilson any longer - of course I thought this like, before the season started lol.

Flacco is the obvious choice to get the most out of that team if they believe they still have an outside chance at the playoffs.