Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Facts

https://twitter.com/SalSports/status/1594456396812242944?s=20&t=_XjBaQ7yiHLjsFw54wbcAw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

mcmagic posted:

I'd sign up for this.

Don't think Fitz would

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

I don't even care who they play, just not Zach. Have Berrios run the loving wild cat I don't care, don't play Zach ever again.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Professor Funk posted:

I don’t think that’s actually true re: his college career actually. But I mostly agree. He’s the kid that got taken to all of the QB camps since he was 9 years old or whatever.

What adversity did he face at BYU? He started seven games as a true freshman and won a bowl game as the starter, then started nine games as a sophomore and won a bowl game. His numbers were fine, nothing special, but pretty decent. He broke out as a junior.

They were all bowl eligible teams with moderate expectations.

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Pats were real galaxy brains on I think their best looking drive in the second quarter when Stevenson was just ramming it down their throats and on 3rd and 2 they called for a pass and surprise, surprise Mac Jones ate an 8 yard sack.

nothing beats that sequence of QB sneak on 2nd and 2 with your gimpy unathletic QB, which failed, followed by a 3rd and 1 run behind your backup center and struggling LG which got blown up for a loss

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Nosre posted:

nothing beats that sequence of QB sneak on 2nd and 2 with your gimpy unathletic QB, which failed, followed by a 3rd and 1 run behind your backup center and struggling LG which got blown up for a loss

Mac clearly idiotically audibled that sneak

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

What adversity did he face at BYU? He started seven games as a true freshman and won a bowl game as the starter, then started nine games as a sophomore and won a bowl game. His numbers were fine, nothing special, but pretty decent. He broke out as a junior.

They were all bowl eligible teams with moderate expectations.

Didn’t he gently caress up his shoulder and nearly lose his starting job?

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

He's been almost winning games by himself he's god-tier.

mcmagic posted:

This is a bullshit talking point Justin Fields ate them alive. Their defense is mediocre this season at best. Wilson is just horrible.

It's both. stupid. The Patriots have a nice defense and take that nice ole Mormon boy out back.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The one good thing about the early games today was this

Lieutenant Centaur posted:

You don't know poo poo about football mcmagic.

Bjork Bjowlob
Feb 23, 2006
yes that's very hot and i'll deal with it in the morning

Cavauro posted:

i'm sorry. i was wanting them to bring the legend back home. fitzpatrick

Work the lathe of heaven, Cavauro

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Professor Funk posted:

You don't need to psychoanalyze him. He sucks right now, that is all that matters.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

mcmagic posted:

You don't need to psychoanalyze him. He sucks right now, that is all that matters.

I mean did you read the rest of that post lmao

He’s toast. They need to move on in the off-season.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Chris James 2 posted:

The one good thing about the early games today was this

lol

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

https://twitter.com/SalSports/status/1594467080086118400?s=20&t=zSK8BMh1NP0Pc-A_a5TgCw

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Professor Funk posted:

He had a labrum surgery, and his competition was a fairly well regarded but insanely raw Jaren Hall so I don't think his job was ever seriously in danger unless he wasn't physically able to play.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I love Garrett Wilson.

https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/1594472696695472128

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Attitude like that, kid deserves to have Flores be his HC

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I assumed the "no" was somehow taken out of context but it doesn't seem so??

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

pardon my French but Zach Wilson has seemed like a little peckerhead from the minute I laid eyes on him

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Cavauro posted:

i'm sorry. i was wanting them to bring the legend back home. Testaverde

Nov 6, 2002

Ehud posted:

pardon my French but Zach Wilson has seemed like a little peckerhead from the minute I laid eyes on him

He's got a lot of unearned confidence, but I guess that goes with the territory.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Jets might get the bears without Fields.... That is a game they have to win and Mike White needs to play.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

I am enjoying getting back to “Mike White is the Answer”

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Sure Zach Wilson sucks rear end at football but he cheated on his long time girlfriend with a friend of his mothers who is slightly older than he is so actually he owns?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

I am enjoying getting back to “Mike White is the Answer”

It doesn't even really matter if he's the answer or not. If you suck poo poo like that you should be benched and someone else given a chance to play.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/Louie031818/status/1594475584511418372

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

The QB should say it's his fault that they lose even if he plays good lol. Wilson is waaaaaay too thin skinned.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

lol QBR

https://twitter.com/uSTADIUM/status/1594480494078746625

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Zach Wilson’s career QBR would have him as a Top Half QB (16th) compared to this seasons leaders.

QBR sucks except when applied to Tua.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

https://twitter.com/Michael_Nania/status/1594484572036640768

Mike White needs to be the QB vs the Bears. This is not acceptable.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I mean even if QBR hates drive killing sacks more then Hitler, I don't know how your formula could spit that out.,

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Nov 6, 2002

Yeah, gimme more of that Pats o! So good.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
No one is saying Mike White is the answer, but at some point the defense is going to get frustrated with playing at such a high level and watching Wilson not being able to hit an uncovered WR behind the line of scrimmage.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

The Jets sacked Mac Jones 12 times, he threw for 1 TD against them and they lose both games LOL

Nov 6, 2002

mcmagic posted:

The Jets sacked Mac Jones 12 times, he threw for 1 TD against them and they lose both games LOL

Now do Wilson's numbers.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Mac looked like his last year's self today. Competent, hitting open receivers, taking way too many sacks and doing nothing in the red zone.

Big step up from the rest of this season, but just a step forward, nothing like amazing.

Not that it matters much, if the OL's that injured, the offense is hosed. less then 300 yards of offense on like what? 13 offensive drives. They only went 0-2 in the red zone. How do you only get to the red zone twice in that many attempts?

Nov 6, 2002

Kalli posted:

Mac looked like his last year's self today. Competent, hitting open receivers, taking way too many sacks and doing nothing in the red zone.

Big step up from the rest of this season, but just a step forward, nothing like amazing.

Not that it matters much, if the OL's that injured, the offense is hosed. less then 300 yards of offense on like what? 13 offensive drives. They only went 0-2 in the red zone. How do you only get to the red zone twice in that many attempts?

By taking an eight yard sack on every other pass attempt.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Now do Wilson's numbers.

Have i been defending the way Wilson has played?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

lol

https://twitter.com/Connor_J_Hughes/status/1594488416200060928?s=20&t=kLLYCmJQ2MY8pzlcFL8ExQ