Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Everyone should delete their accounts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Unperson_47 posted:

Are the Taliban unbanned yet

Obviously not or theyd just be the Tali

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Kingo Ligma posted:

god damnit lol

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Kingo Ligma posted:

:tali:

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

https://twitter.com/MOMMYBlGDICK/status/1593750908025724929

aaaaah

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Heath posted:

I think Taylor Swift is having some kind of unbelievably major media PR push right now because I have never expressed even the most borderline interest in her but she is coming up all over everything all of a sudden.

She’s one of if not the best selling artist of the 21st Century and has had at least 2 world leaders this year be die-hard fans of hers (Chiles boric and Truss lol) and currently had her fans crash the live music monopoly’s website so hard it got the feds involved. I don’t know why you’re acting like she’s a small time player whose just now made it big

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING

Trabant posted:

Does this man look like he can't defend himself???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOTFwpA7n1M

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

It doesn't look like he actually tweeted that out, but who knows anymore.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
I don’t have an account anymore so hilariously I can’t see age restricted content. Can anyone repost?

skyelevator
Apr 12, 2020

here y'go

Only registered members can see post attachments!

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean I think at this point Twitter will probably go bankrupt before any thing else. There has to be very very little money coming in

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean I think at this point Twitter will probably go bankrupt before any thing else. There has to be very very little money coming in

I don't know, every post I see supporting Elon has an $8bux checkmark (also we are slacking there should be an :8bux: already).

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean someone could just prop it up but if their income has fallen this far then lol, especially once poo poo crashes and Elon has to make the call on letting that poo poo just stay crashed or paying out the nose to get the people who know how to fix it to come back in as contractors.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Phrosphor posted:

I don't know, every post I see supporting Elon has an $8bux checkmark (also we are slacking there should be an :8bux: already).

Reports are the marks made about 1.1 million.

Which is pocket change for twitter

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Phrosphor posted:

:eightbux:

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

There's also the question of how many of those people will keep the checkmark after a month.

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

Ah drat, I was doing it like :10bux:

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Captain Hygiene posted:

Lolling at the thought of Elon being up there awkwardly mumbling his way through a debate. That'll apparently win you tech nerds, but he'd be eaten alive by anyone with a quarter of Trump's loud confidence. So I guess what I'm saying is, bend the rules and let him in

All that would need to happen is an ad with Jim Parsons as Sheldon going over why musk is such a phony genius and his stans would abandon him for their true god sheldon.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Paying the world's richest man 8bux a month while also complaining about the price of eggs and paying people a livable wage to own the libs.

Unperson_47 fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Nov 20, 2022

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
So some twitter software engineers created a system that basically runs itself without issues and got paid to chill all day. Big-brain elon comes along and fires them because they aren't working hardcore enough for Musky. Those 'lazy' software engineers are gone now and everything is fine until it isn't fine.

My experience running an operation with an understaffed skeleton crew for far too long is conditions will never improve so long as things continue to hobble on. Then poo poo hits the fan and changes happen only after it's too late. There is no pulling up. Clients/customers switch to competing services and they don't come back because being reliable matters a lot to people. If there is a contracted term that keeps the company in business then that contract will be voided because they hosed up badly enough. Your clients and your remaining employees are gonna walk out the door and never look back. You can't hire fresh people that understand your systems overnight.

There is no 'too big to fail' and your company can always gently caress badly enough.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Phrosphor :eightbux: posted:

Done and done.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I am waiting to hear the people who have stayed are not getting paid and the musketeers start going "you should keep working even if you don't get paid, you lazy woke moralistic!".

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

If this is real I like don't even know what to say. Jorps brain is just complete mush

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

B-Rock452 posted:

If this is real I like don't even know what to say. Jorps brain is just complete mush

He was definitely crying while typing that so he might not have read it

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

CharlestheHammer posted:

Wow with smart business acumen like that, it's only going to take 4,400 months to pay off the purchase!

That's barely 366 years!

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

I’m my experience, tech customers are fickle as gently caress - especially the big boys like DT, AT&T and Comcast. They will absolutely drop your rear end like a bad habit the moment you don’t dot all of the I’s and cross all of the t’s in whatever arcane reporting system they have set up for vendors. Have fun managing that with a skeleton crew that has no working relationship with those organizations. You need these relationships to manage and maintain your mobile app and bandwidth.

If you fail the cursory stuff, then they will demand to send in external ISO/TL9000 auditors and gooooood loving luck if you hit that stage because those are some of the most unhappy, crusty people I’ve ever met and they LIVE to put vendors on closely monitored corrective action plans that result in meetings on top of meetings

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

priznat posted:

He was definitely crying while typing that so he might not have read it

There were fluids coming from his body for sure but it wasn't from his eyes.

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

CatstropheWaitress posted:

It doesn't look like he actually tweeted that out, but who knows anymore.

iirc faked tweets used to be something that twitter came down hard on (its what got Milo Yiannopolis banned) but since its in full purge rules mode now expect more of them.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Tiny Timbs posted:

It would’ve hit me harder if I hadn’t already seen the right wing meme mocking female defense ministers in comparison to Sergei Shoigu

the funny thing is that that had been going around since the first week of the war, too. it really, really didn't age very well

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

CharlestheHammer posted:

Hmm now if that was extrapolated to 12 months, that's $13.2 million. At that rate he's almost at the $1billion/year interest payment!

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Tweet me harder daddy

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

In a stopped clock moment, Elmo may have actually posted a funny tweet
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1594470952187805696

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
wow a family guy joke, what a comedic genius

also I'm pretty sure trump genuinely does not want to get dragged into Elon's trash fire, especially not at a time when he runs a competing platform and people are desperately jumping ship from twitter

Sir John Falstaff
Apr 13, 2010

fuctifino posted:

Chances that's his tweet originally are minimal, of course.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Sir John Falstaff posted:

Chances that's his tweet originally are minimal, of course.

It's 100% stolen goods, of course, but the same could be said about anything of Elmo's

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

fuctifino posted:

He definitely stole that from someone else.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

fuctifino posted:

Nah, that poo poo ain't funny

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022

fuctifino posted:

https://twitter.com/MOMMYBlGDICK/status/1594215834154840064

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Unperson_47 posted:

There's also the question of how many of those people will keep the checkmark after a month.

a ton of people are stupid as gently caress with their own personal banking and finances and dont know how to not rack up or cancel auto renewing monthly expenses.

hell there's a fin tech app where you give it access to your other banking and fin tech apps and then it will analyze your monthly expenses and tell you which ones to cancel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mal-3
Oct 21, 2008
I think Big Melon might be actually mad that Trump hasn't immediately rushed back to Twitter after the great unbannening.