Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Give Riho the infinity stones and an The Accountant cameo and you'll forget any other wrestling ever existed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Pretty typical stuff, got a small bump for the main event, which is always nice as that's definitely not a given. So it means that Penta/Mox match did have some pull.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/brandonthurston/status/1587841212458754048?s=46&t=teGSwMkgpg2RrwTw-rFoWQ

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

looks like the numbers are in and taven is a draw!

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Thats… That’s gotta be Riho!

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Jeff Jarrett will right this business, someone call Panda and Dixie

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i dont expect them to break a million overall again until survivor finishes up

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

They really should have advertised Double Jeff. Next week will be up now that the fans know he's there

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Dunno if it was just timing with the sports being in commercials or whatever but at a glance that appears to be a pretty big feather in the cap of the Acclaimed.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Everyone loves the Acclaimed

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Codependent Poster posted:

Everyone loves the Acclaimed

:hai:

That's a good bump.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Rating poison Jon Moxley after Double J brought in all those viewers

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I want to see the minute by minutes so badly on this episode.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

That drop in viewers is not to shocking cause that's when the No Hitter was gaining full steam

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SatoshiMiwa posted:

That drop in viewers is not to shocking cause that's when the No Hitter was gaining full steam

Q2 or Q5?

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Q5

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Yeah, probably. Jericho usually doesn't bomb like that.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Bit of a bump from last week.

https://twitter.com/BrandonThurston/status/1589733414567088128

Pylons fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Nov 7, 2022

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Pylons posted:

Just for AEW's two shows alone, a little less than twice what they're getting now would likely be considered a win for them, but that's at the top end of Discovery's budget for shows. So what's the solution? AEW/Tony Khan seems to think the solution is to provide more hours of content (if not necessarily wrestling content) that's fitted to Discovery's usual portfolio - that is, cheap to produce reality-focused TV. The two recent trademarks seem to indicate both a backstage show and a total divas-type show. If Discovery is interested in both, that reduces the ratio that they're paying AEW content for drastically. And they don't have to stop with just those two shows. There were rumors that they were working on a reality show for Strickland. A show where Darby does stupid poo poo. A show about Britt Baker's dental practice on TLC. Suddenly Discovery isn't paying for only 3 hours of content, they're paying for 8 or 9, and can justify paying AEW more total (while these shows make a negligible impact on AEW's overall budget).

I am not as bullish as Thurston is, I think 5x is unlikely. I think 3x AEW would even be over the moon about, but 2x seems fairly do-able to me and will enable them to retain top talent. And make the next step as an organization from "plucky start-up where everyone wears many hats) to a more professional organization that doesn't need to piggyback off of the Jaguars infrastructure.

Fightful posted:

All Elite Wrestling has additional content plans in the works, which bodes well for the future of the company on Warner Bros. Discovery.

Many question marks were in the air surrounding AEW's stance with Warner Bros. following the merger with Discovery. We've reported in the past few months that sources within WBD have indicated their happiness with the product, and they've spoken publicly about wanting to add more content. Recently, Fightful Select reported that another documentary is set to begin production soon.

One Warner Bros. Discovery source contacted Fightful, excited about the report. In addition, the source, a longtime employee, said that they'd be shocked if AEW was not offered a renewal and significant increase on their rights fee deals. It was noted to Fightful that the two sides have been extremely collaborative and open to input from one another. The source also indicated that 2022 has been a huge rebound year for interest in wrestling across the board and that it came at the perfect time for WWE and AEW.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/BrandonThurston/status/1591826723603025920

Nothing too surprising here. Dunno if it's the BBT bump or what, but Acclaimed and SIOG continue to be very solid draws.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I think that it’s helped that the Acclaimed and the Siog feud has been built decently along with the teased conflict between SIOG.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Acclaimed and SIOG's streak of holding up their quarter takes a dent. Mox and MJF kinda saved the second hour, that was not trending in a good direction.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

That second hour feels like it dropped cause there was no actual main event match to hold the audience

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Considering the highest quarter of the second hour was the main event segment, I dunno if I agree with that.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

So the show had a mostly normal trend, but the lead-in was unusually low.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

this is what happens when you do a bunny rugpull

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
For true AEW business sickos Vice President Mookie did two streams about AEW's cagematch stats recently

https://twitch.tv/videos/1631383074

https://twitch.tv/videos/1645262737

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

tony's comments about ROH at the scrum makes me think he did not get a very attractive offer from WBD to air it on one of their digital platforms.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

If you read into the statements coming from WBD they could of offered TV time or something on HBO Max for no more money which is something I'd say no too

If ROH does get TV I wonder how they'll do it. Do they save on costs and tape it before Damage or Rampage or do they do bulk tapings monthly. Or even crazier do they do ROH live

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

SatoshiMiwa posted:

If you read into the statements coming from WBD they could of offered TV time or something on HBO Max for no more money which is something I'd say no too

If ROH does get TV I wonder how they'll do it. Do they save on costs and tape it before Damage or Rampage or do they do bulk tapings monthly. Or even crazier do they do ROH live

I'm guessing bulk tapings or run rampage live and have roh before or after

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I'd just tape at Universal, or maybe do rotating venues every month or two, yeah. Maybe do limited house shows, Jarrett might be good for helping out there.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Like I think doing bulk tapings would be better than taping before or after Rampage. It'd allow ROH to have its own feel even if it would cost more

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

I think it'll really depend on how integrated the rosters are once a roh show launches. If he wants someone like Claudio on both shows regularly they might have to tape it like Dark, if they'll be more distinct they can do Universal

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/BrandonThurston/status/1595610522421960704

Good point from Thurston.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

On one hand yeah, they need to rebuild it. OTOH it's on at 10 Eastern time and that may not be a time slot worth rebuilding all things considered

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Maybe if part of the negotiations is to just try and get Rampage out of that slot, but I would think until you get that check, you at least wanna put your best foot forward on it.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
If ain't live the ratings are not going to be consistently be there. That was the lesson from Smackdown to be learned.

I get that its expensive, but it is what it is.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Shinjobi posted:

If ain't live the ratings are not going to be consistently be there. That was the lesson from Smackdown to be learned.

I get that its expensive, but it is what it is.

Pretty sure it's been proven over and over live vs taped matters little to not at all.

I disagree personally since I prefer live but it doesn't seem to matter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

1glitch0 posted:

Pretty sure it's been proven over and over live vs taped matters little to not at all.

I disagree personally since I prefer live but it doesn't seem to matter.

Man, really? Just seems like with wrestling spoilers being a pretty big thing on pretaped shows it would have an effect.

Hell, maybe I'm wrong. Maybe it's just the booking, plain and simple.