Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

MoonCrab posted:

Apparently she's also decent as an onfield full EM hyperbloom trigger/Fischl driver but I never tried it myself. And it feels like Shinobu might be a more practical choice for that role tbh

Keqing works fine (as does Yae) as long as you've got dendro and hydro covered. Nothing beats the Nahida NA -> XQ/Yelan followup -> Raiden E explosion chain but as long as you have sufficient off-field application of the other two elements you can make any element-spamming carry work out. The only weird thing is putting Nahida in back (where she's not producing dendro) with an electro/hydro carry up front.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!

Sanctum posted:

Make sure to jump down with Zhongli or a claymore user and plunge next to one of the pillars right away instead of fighting them directly. The achievement for killing them without either one going in water was the hardest.

Yeah, had to bust out Noelle for this although I suck at dodging so I can never use her burst. Might switch her out for Zhongli and give him a shot.

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!

What if I only like meta characters?

Like Xiao, I despise the weak and the useless.

Boat Stuck fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Nov 21, 2022

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

MoonCrab posted:

They're right. Every character in this game, sucks rear end, and none of them are worth pulling for. They all have negative return on investment.
We'll see who gets the last laugh. I put all my saving into YaeCoin, and the market's gonna rebound any day now. Just you wait.

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

FractalSandwich posted:

We'll see who gets the last laugh. I put all my saving into YaeCoin, and the market's gonna rebound any day now. Just you wait.

The only coin backed by the Light Novel Industry!

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

MNSNTZR posted:

i don’t like yae because casting all of her turrets and normals feels clunky as gently caress, and i appreciate animation speed/flow more than anything.

that’s why cyno hasn’t left my main team since i got him

I can respect enjoying Cyno. His playstyle is pretty good and feels satisfying.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

i do, but then again i'm a pc-only tighnari main

Somehow forgot kb/m was a thing. I'd still like a cool unaimed charge shot, but yeah, that makes sense.

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

Captain France posted:

Somehow forgot kb/m was a thing. I'd still like a cool unaimed charge shot, but yeah, that makes sense.

Tighnaris quickdraw charged shots are a nice improvement over slow charged shots. He certainly feels more like a gunslinger compared to Ganyu as a sniper.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Captain France posted:

Does anyone ever go into aim mode by holding attack on purpose?

If there's just one thing I want to shoot, like a single torch or if I've lost my mind and want to try shooting oz.

Or when I remember yelan's got that sweet aoe shot.

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

DancingShade posted:

I can respect enjoying Cyno. His playstyle is pretty good and feels satisfying.

preferring males for dps in this game is basically nerfing your own account on purpose. people like me are more pitiable than respectable :shepspends:

(i would like just one meta male dps before eos)

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Apparently planning for banners six months in the future is too short-term a project for me, so I've been going around taking screenshots of the visible parts of out-of-bounds areas so I can do a before-and-after if and when they're implemented. In particular, it turns out you can get a very clear view of the southern coast of Liyue from on top of the Jade Chamber:

That's Watatsumi Island in the top-left corner. And indeed, you can see all of Inazuma at once from up there:

I also got some very moody shots of the mainland while I was at it:

Mad respect to Keqing for climbing all the way up there for me, and in high heels no less.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Lobsterpillar posted:

Tighnaris quickdraw charged shots are a nice improvement over slow charged shots. He certainly feels more like a gunslinger compared to Ganyu as a sniper.
I wish aimed shots were more seamless though. Entering "aimed" mode via toggle is the easiest way but slows your movement and any incoming damage knocks you out of it, but if you use hold-attack instead to "quick charge" it has a weirdly long pause before actually starting the charging animation. Super annoying to work around. One of the reasons I don't care for bow users except yoi and fish.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

MNSNTZR posted:

preferring males for dps in this game is basically nerfing your own account on purpose. people like me are more pitiable than respectable :shepspends:

(i would like just one meta male dps before eos)

Childe is the highest dps, every other meta team is more like 4 supports that synergize

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Tae posted:

Childe is the highest dps, every other meta team is more like 4 supports that synergize

...is the criteria male only? Doing a bit of cursory research leads me to believe that the highest DPS for a 1 member team composition is Ganyu (at C0) or Ayaka (at any constellation), which seems to check out in my experience.

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

ninjoatse.cx posted:

...is the criteria male only? Doing a bit of cursory research leads me to believe that the highest DPS for a 1 member team composition is Ganyu (at C0) or Ayaka (at any constellation), which seems to check out in my experience.

pretty sure that’s what they meant. the male dps ceiling is wild low. meanwhile i casually two-shot scaramouche with with nahida+melt ganyu today :(

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
I have not really felt dissatisfied with my Itto or Ayato, but I'm not out there looking to compare numbers, even to my own Ayaka freeze team. Obviously Diluc continues to feel disappointing, but Tig at least improved for me with DM Nahida.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Isn't Ayato one of the most versatile DPS characters since he's so easy to use?

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Ayato is my go-to "I don't want to think but I DO want things to die" character and any new character just gives him more ways to murder by holding down a single button.

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Ayato is my go-to "I don't want to think but I DO want things to die" character and any new character just gives him more ways to murder by holding down a single button.

c2/r1 ayato, r1 yelan, xingqiu and r2 (:hurr:) kokomi are technically my “most hp bar melting with absolutely zero effort” whale team, but it still feels bad to not have a ganyu-tier male. especially since ganyu is wild boring to play

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Ganyu is pretty average these days...

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Is there no way to use my controller on the login screen on pc?

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Is there no way to use my controller on the login screen on pc?

There are apps that will emulate the keyboard (and a mouse) on your controller. ReWASD is one of them. I actually used it for a while, but you lose some of the quick interface features you get by holding down the R buttons with a controller, so I eventually ditched it. I don't think it's worth the effort for your particular use case, but the benefit is that you can easily use your actual mouse any time.

Something I found interesting is that if you're using a controller config, the left mouse-click will pick up everything. Am I blind, or is there no option like this for mouse and keyboard? I have actually set a macro to constantly click the mouse button when I am playing Genshin so I auto pickup everything, but sometimes I feel a bit paranoid using it.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

I got to play as Ayato in a mission and drat I want that guy now. Just absolutely a murder machine.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
It's gonna be difficult to pull for Raiden, then sit on whatever leftovers for Yelan later with Ayato right there.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
is it true that there's a "pick up everything" button for controllers? i do it over mobile of course but didn't think i could otherwise

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Tree Reformat posted:

It's gonna be difficult to pull for Raiden, then sit on whatever leftovers for Yelan later with Ayato right there.

Roll for both coward

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

the next two patches will be a hard test of my willpower and/or wallet :sweatdrop:

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I think I finally sorta figured out how this mushroom pokemon thing works, though I had trouble with keeping the obelisk over 50% in the last defense mission. For a while I had no clue what I was doing.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Ytlaya posted:

I think I finally sorta figured out how this mushroom pokemon thing works, though I had trouble with keeping the obelisk over 50% in the last defense mission. For a while I had no clue what I was doing.

It usually lies to you, and you want to go after the small fry like hilchurl archers first. They'll gently caress up the thing way worse than the huge dudes.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Lazy_Liberal posted:

is it true that there's a "pick up everything" button for controllers? i do it over mobile of course but didn't think i could otherwise

Yes, by doing a left-mouse click. This only works when your control configuration is set to controller. Like I posted above, I have a macro set-up that will constantly left-click while I am playing genshin (using a controller) so that everything is automatically picked up.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Had a huge post about how "OP/Meta DPS" is a fake term that doesn't mean anything but I deleted it because not even I care enough. The (forced) tldr:

1. Genshin uses "lock and key" design over "raw numbers" design, so what's OP/Meta shifts frequently and intentionally. This makes individual dps less meaningful.

2. We have so many strong off-field damage dealer/enhancer characters that everyone's total team DPS noticeably plateaus. This makes individual dps even less meaningful.

Like, Ayaka's got everything you can ask for in a dps, right? She has permanent elemental infusion without needing to use skills, she's got a useful element, she doesn't require long stretches of unbroken field time, she can frontload her damage into a small vulnerability window...

But she's not really that great right now, because it's not her turn to be :shrug:

Do you want Alhaitham to be dendro Ayaka? It'd be cool if he was, but just like everyone else his value would ebb and flow.

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

Ytlaya posted:

There's a couple of mushrooms with decent crowd control that might help there. Maybe overload as well?

Re:Ayato I'm considering running him as a main DPS in a XQ+Layla freeze team. I'll probably use Kazuha as the 4th.

Lobsterpillar fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Nov 21, 2022

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

Tsyni posted:

Yes, by doing a left-mouse click. This only works when your control configuration is set to controller. Like I posted above, I have a macro set-up that will constantly left-click while I am playing genshin (using a controller) so that everything is automatically picked up.

i don't completely understand this but it sounds like i can play with my Xbox controller and then just click the mouse button with my foot when needed. revolutionizing my gaming posture.

re: mushroom defense, i recommend doing the succ with the anemo and pyro mushrooms to pull the guys away from your pedestal

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Can't loving stand Scara's first phase, you get rid of the floor hazards and then he just does that move again. Or the lasers when there's no way for you to get more blocks in time.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

Justin_Brett posted:

Can't loving stand Scara's first phase, you get rid of the floor hazards and then he just does that move again. Or the lasers when there's no way for you to get more blocks in time.

Just get a couple crystals and then stun him with the electro button

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Justin_Brett posted:

the lasers are slow enough that you can spend a second or two regaining stamina and then dodge i-frame through them

or bring stamina food :v:

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
I'm not entirely sure why they designed a weekly boss where you can beat it perfectly well completely ignoring half its mechanics.

Feels like a major overcorrection from the Signora fight.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Lazy_Liberal posted:

i don't completely understand this but it sounds like i can play with my Xbox controller and then just click the mouse button with my foot when needed. revolutionizing my gaming posture.

re: mushroom defense, i recommend doing the succ with the anemo and pyro mushrooms to pull the guys away from your pedestal

lmfao, yes you could. You could also tape your mouse to the other side of your controller and just click it as needed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

scara phase 1 is soooo boring lmao