Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

He spent $44 billion to be able to do this

Lmao

And lmao at all of us for paying attention to it

Edit: Probably should quote so the snype has context

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
These are certainly some of the most tweets of all time.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

https://twitter.com/ShitpostGate/status/1593994040869113857

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

That went places

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

the holy poopacy posted:

That went places

Just one but it's a weird place.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
get stuffed pal

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
https://twitter.com/dannyvegito/status/1594212828235325440?s=46

Click through for some palate cleansers. :3:

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Inspired by ultrafilter's av.

Edit:

https://twitter.com/Adequate_Scott/status/1594557634421485568?s=20&t=XqRLFwPpQyo1MnSLZJ_dlQ

Agents are GO! has a new favorite as of 06:54 on Nov 21, 2022

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/EyePatchGuy/status/1594575169611530242?s=20

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Musk needs to hurry up and complete the Lowtax speedrun I've had enough of seeing his nonsense

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

:captainpop:

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

this is gone already. Or twitter is breaking down. Screenshotting anything actually funny has never been more necessary

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

A Moose posted:

this is gone already. Or twitter is breaking down. Screenshotting anything actually funny has never been more necessary

You're not wrong but in this case it was a video.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Hyperlynx posted:

I could see this developing. Especially since Mastodon is open source

I don't follow?
From 2020:

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Lowtax change it so that unregistered users can't list forums in the panel. Some piece of logic in the code decided that not being able to list forums means it should show the banned page. The banned page shows your username - it'd say something like "CONGRATULATIONS fishmech!!!". However, logged in users do not have a username, and get set to a default one. Thanks to literally radium, this default was "Unregistered human being".

I turned off the "logged out users can't see forums" setting for now, and pushed this patch to remove the slurs:
code:
commit 077765fc017446469f9f51025de87b78ec3d3f79
Author: Jeffrey of YOSPOS <JeffreyOfYOSPOS@gmail.com>
Date:   Wed Jan 1 16:32:41 2020 -0600

remove radium slurs from code

diff --git a/include/authbbuser.php b/include/authbbuser.php
index ca6c718..eca9c16 100644
--- a/include/authbbuser.php
+++ b/include/authbbuser.php
@@ -84,7 +84,7 @@ function bbuser_init($bbuserid, $bbpassword, $ip_address) {
        // if we didn't get a user above, make a guest (yes, this is still required)
        if(!($bbuserinfo[usergroupid])) {
                $bbuserinfo['userid'] = 0;
-               $bbuserinfo['username'] = 'Unregistered human being';
+               $bbuserinfo['username'] = 'Unregistered User';
                $bbuserinfo['daysprune'] = -1;
                $bbuserinfo['timezoneoffset'] = $bbuserinfo['showvbcode'] = 0;
                $bbuserinfo['usergroupid'] = $bbuserinfo['showsmilies'] = $bbuserinfo['showsignatures'] = $bbuserinfo['showavatars'] = $bbuserinfo['showimages'] = 1;
diff --git a/include/global.php b/include/global.php
index 245385d..9ddcf0f 100644
--- a/include/global.php
+++ b/include/global.php
@@ -207,7 +207,7 @@ if ($is_dev_mode && in_array($bbuserinfo['usergroupid'], array(6)) && isset($_GE
                $g = 1;
                $bbuserinfo = array(
                        'userid' => 0,
-                       'username' => 'Unregistered human being',
+                       'username' => 'Unregistered User',
                        'daysprune' => -1,
                        'timezoneoffset' => 0,
                        'showvbcode' => 0,

<cue the entire login function breaking extremely dramatically>

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

careful that's a load-bearing slur

Splicer has a new favorite as of 15:29 on Nov 21, 2022

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Surprisingly, most of the tweets at the beginning of the thread still work. Worth a look for some classics.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Jesus Christ lmao

Trapick
Apr 17, 2006

Is Musk putting the images he tweets together himself or is there some underpaid assistant we might one day get a tell-all book from?

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
If he pays someone you'd think he'd find someone who is actually funny.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Trapick posted:

Is Musk putting the images he tweets together himself or is there some underpaid assistant we might one day get a tell-all book from?

He steals memes people posts or dm him with, and sometimes those people pay for the :eightbux:, which means people pay to make memes for him. A number of times the people who make musk - positive memes ultimately delete their accounts due to people mocking them.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Splicer posted:

From 2020:

Musk is at the stage where he’s having the twitter radium insert slurs in the codebase

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Who is the twitter Jeffrey of yospos?

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Who is the twitter Jeffrey of yospos?

Whoever buys the firesale husk for pennies

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

Do we know what radium is doing now? There is a nonzero chance he actually works and has stayed onto Twitter :tinfoil:

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
Radium probably put together the code for Gab

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

https://twitter.com/ShadowTodd/status/1594742779921387520

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
https://twitter.com/phylan/status/1594739340290170882?s=46&t=A_hYsQ_N68pOmYaRXzywxg

https://twitter.com/phylan/status/1594742073768697856?s=46&t=A_hYsQ_N68pOmYaRXzywxg

https://twitter.com/phylan/status/1594743484115783682?s=46&t=A_hYsQ_N68pOmYaRXzywxg

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Has our number

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Splicer posted:

From 2020:

Oh that's incredible! Holy poo poo, that's a perfectly innocent looking change, too. Amazing.

Is the git log actually available anywhere? I'd love to see the absolute screaming horrors that were in there :allears:

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

On one hand, they’re not wrong. On the other, log the gently caress off bro.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

https://twitter.com/ArmyStrang/status/1594800338145624069

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Warbird posted:

On one hand, they’re not wrong. On the other, log the gently caress off bro.

Nah it’s always funny when people do that where they treat us like we treat them

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/rulesobeyer/status/1594727156059439111?s=20&t=AxrbfZ-jDqtU5j5_k8psZg

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Hyperlynx posted:

Oh that's incredible! Holy poo poo, that's a perfectly innocent looking change, too. Amazing.

Is the git log actually available anywhere? I'd love to see the absolute screaming horrors that were in there :allears:
I am crushed, absolutely crushed, to discover while looking for the current iteration of that thread that removing the slur did not actually break the forums. Lowtax broke the forums himself, which caused the forums started calling everyone the f-slur. That post is the cleanup, not the cause :negative:

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S
https://twitter.com/poppy_haze/status/1594821810956247047

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Splicer posted:

I am crushed, absolutely crushed, to discover while looking for the current iteration of that thread that removing the slur did not actually break the forums. Lowtax broke the forums himself, which caused the forums started calling everyone the f-slur. That post is the cleanup, not the cause :negative:

Does anyone have the "somebody stole all your trees/hamprince" SA log screenshot?

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

This guy seems fun

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Lol it’s funny the first actually funny tweet posted in this thread gets people mad

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

CharlestheHammer posted:

Lol it’s funny the first actually funny tweet posted in this thread gets people mad

People thought it was funny when the north korean parade audio was applied to a british parade, but do the same thing to amerocans and hoo boy

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
There used to be (or still are and I lost track of them) a few African twitter accounts reporting on western current events like the west reports on Africa. They were pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

My Spirit Otter posted:

People thought it was funny when the north korean parade audio was applied to a british parade, but do the same thing to amerocans and hoo boy

If I'm trying to be a Joke Scientist, I think it's also because it crosses a line of perceived effort. That video looks like someone just drag-and-dropped an audio track over a video track, while this looks like someone REALLY slaved over a specifically-formatted sick burn.

It doesn't matter if that video actually required a bunch of painstaking tracking-down of clips and editing together and took hours, while those tweets could've just been written off the cuff, one just seems like it was low-effort, and that's important for selling a lot of jokes online.