Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

Platystemon posted:

Three marriages.

Kids with three women.

And yet only two wives.

I wish I was Elon’s kid so I’d never have to hear from him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Steadiman posted:

:lol:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Steadiman posted:

:hmmyes:

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
is this what happens when neuralink goes wrong???

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

Steadiman posted:

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

My internal logic compiler still has a lot of dark matter to account for trying to make sense of it.

If he believed he were near death, so to speak, in a way that mattered to him, then there's no cringe depth limit for him until he meets his apotheosis.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Steadiman posted:

new thread title plz

potee
Jul 23, 2007

Or, you know.

Not fine.

Steadiman posted:

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Funky See Funky Do posted:

I believe he was also, at some point, a practicing therapist.

Just imagine for a moment that Jorp was your shrink once upon a time.
Have you ever been trying to find a therapist? It's Jorps all the way down.

Sorry not sorry. There's a lot of good therapists with a wealth of learning and experience but they're all booked solid.

Preoptopus posted:

Honestly getting doing speed with a fragile constitution vibes.
He's definitely reaching the peaks of neurotically boring that comes with weeks on end of stimulants.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Libra posted:

It is genuinely impressive that he became a successful billionaire conman with absolutely zero smarts or charisma.

Usually you need at least one of those.

propaganda works. didn't he sue for the right to be known as a founder of SpaceX or Tesla? most people who don't know anything much about the dude assume he either invented PayPal auteur-style or is some sort of tech prodigy

it's insane and dumb but this is the first real time that perception of him has been really challenged

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

I do not think he sued but rather it was contractual when he bought the company. The two engineer dudes who were the founders were not invested enough in titles and just took the money

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
Man can we please NSFW that rank rear end Elon Musk tweet?

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Elon wants Trump's post in every meaning of the word

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

https://www.wired.com/2009/06/eberhard/

This is an interesting read, about that Tesla lawsuit.

UltraShame
Nov 6, 2006

Vocabulum.

Booty Pageant posted:

is this what happens when neuralink goes wrong???

Apparently it turns out that Musk will use it to transmit that knockoff image of Calvin pissing on the Chevy logo, but Calvin is impact font labeled "ME" and the Chevy logo is "THE SEC" directly into your brain

Underneath this is "PEE IS STORED IN THE BALLS" in comic sans

He sends this neura-vid via push notification in 2023, so you have a few months

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!
The real test of Twitter's servers is going to be tomorrow when the world cup really kicks off.

Not saying it'll go down but if it does and it's because of the world cup it's probably going to happen tomorrow

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Platystemon posted:

Could someone who does interesting drugs speculate about what Musk is on?

Thanks in advance.

He's probably doing the wrong drugs and not the right ones, tbqh.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Beartaco posted:

Man can we please NSFW that rank rear end Elon Musk tweet?

You're gonna have to be way more specific.

jeffreyw
Jan 20, 2013

Unlucky7 posted:

So has Trump posted, or is this Elon Musks Dancing Clown Act to convince everyone that Twitter is not dying a slow death?

Musk desperately wants Trump to use Twitter, since his tweets bring a whole load of attention and traffic to his platform. No, Trump hasn’t tweeted yet.

Trump legitimately thinks and has stated multiple times that Elon Musk is a huge loser sycophant who would lick his boots for a handout.

Since Twitter is no longer some faceless platform but Elon Musk’s, I think there’s a good chance Trump has little to no interest in using Twitter.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Steadiman posted:

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Trump is probably gonna charge Elon $1million per tweet lol

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

sebmojo posted:

https://www.wired.com/2009/06/eberhard/

This is an interesting read, about that Tesla lawsuit.

ha ha this is how elon sent his car into space

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
what an rear end in a top hat

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
https://www.nme.com/news/music/trent-reznor-to-quit-twitter-because-its-become-such-a-toxic-environment-3352212

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I've gotta hand it to Trump, completely ignoring Elon dropping to his knees and begging for him to return was actually the funniest outcome

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

yeah, I know. I am fairly sure that Jordan Peterson is not a PHD

Important context that I think is worth knowing; he did produce a Ph. D. and it is about the neurological impact of addiction and how that needs to be incorporated in a treatment plan.

His literal doctorate-granting research is about how there’s no shortcut out of addiction and you need to actually deal with the circumstances leading to it and the consequences of trying to drag yourself back out. I'm not posting this to defend his honor or credentials, but because it is the single funniest doctoral thesis the guy who turned down every doctor and rehab in America and chose to go into an experimental Eastern European coma to avoid dealing with going cold turkey could have.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

lol

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
the guy who was so angry at god he made a song about it quit twitter

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Beefed Owl posted:

The real test of Twitter's servers is going to be tomorrow when the world cup really kicks off.

Not saying it'll go down but if it does and it's because of the world cup it's probably going to happen tomorrow

Technically it's already started, tomorrow just has bigger games.

I have noticed embedded tweets taking their sweet time to load....

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

the holy poopacy posted:

Technically it's already started, tomorrow just has bigger games.

I have noticed embedded tweets taking their sweet time to load....

anyone else remember when Twitch.tv was Justin.tv and streamed NFL games?

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

Next Elon tweet "Please Trump I'll suck your dick"

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Important context that I think is worth knowing; he did produce a Ph. D. and it is about the neurological impact of addiction and how that needs to be incorporated in a treatment plan.

His literal doctorate-granting research is about how there’s no shortcut out of addiction and you need to actually deal with the circumstances leading to it and the consequences of trying to drag yourself back out. I'm not posting this to defend his honor or credentials, but because it is the single funniest doctoral thesis the guy who turned down every doctor and rehab in America and chose to go into an experimental Eastern European coma to avoid dealing with going cold turkey could have.

He was also under the belief that benzos weren't that addictive.
Some of the people who were on the board who approved his PhD have expressed regret at their decision.

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022
Those last few Elon tweets might rank as some of the worst posts on the internet.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Nah, my posts still exist.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/rubberasylum/status/1593712220055433217

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Grandpa what's a Tesla?

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

jeffreyw posted:

Musk desperately wants Trump to use Twitter, since his tweets bring a whole load of attention and traffic to his platform. No, Trump hasn’t tweeted yet.

Trump legitimately thinks and has stated multiple times that Elon Musk is a huge loser sycophant who would lick his boots for a handout.

Since Twitter is no longer some faceless platform but Elon Musk’s, I think there’s a good chance Trump has little to no interest in using Twitter.

I m gonna try to not yell about trump too much. But alot of the issues with 2016 and its fallout came from trump being...entertaining....the media just showed trumps brand of trumpism on full blast and twitter benefited alot from trumps antics.

just like how people all have a very different idea if twitter is the "town square" or not.

my personal thoughts are there should be a social media set up similar to twitter public officials and private buisness having them all under one net work with blue checks has lead us to this poo poo show.

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022

I. M. Gei posted:

Grandpa what's a Tesla?

A miserable pile of recalls

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Ya know, I useta be President... I'll let you kids punch me anywhere but the face for a dollar.

Steadiman posted:

:five:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adenoid Dan
Mar 8, 2012

The Hobo Serenader
Lipstick Apathy

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I believe he did the coma treatment because he was frustrated with the slow taper doctors at home were recommending for him. He wanted to go cold turkey which just isn't possible for benzos (without weird coma treatments anyway).