Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

We have it out of Sakura's own mouth Sasuke lasts two and a half minutes. Unlike Naruto, where the last definitive proof he and his wife have sex are (Himawari's age + 9 months).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Vinylshadow posted:

Naruto literally had to be kidnapped by Momoshiki and Isshiki to get him out of the village, and I'm looking forward to that happening a third time when we finally get to the events in the flash-forward at the start of the series where he's MIA

Does Hinata actually leave the village anymore?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Dawgstar posted:

Not to my knowledge no (I'm not sure if she's even a ninja anymore since she spends most of her time as a stay at home mom)

Anyway, new Boruto:

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/boruto-chapter-75/chapter/25753?action=read

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Dawgstar posted:

She has become a generic mom in a pretty boring way, which is a rare miss from Boruto as a series considering how it gives some of the female characters from Naruto something to do every now and then. Hell there's one episode where she's hanging out with Sakura and Ino and she doesn't even drink beer with them!

(Ino, on the other hand, has the big mug)

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Srice posted:

She has become a generic mom in a pretty boring way, which is a rare miss from Boruto as a series considering how it gives some of the female characters from Naruto something to do every now and then. Hell there's one episode where she's hanging out with Sakura and Ino and she doesn't even drink beer with them!

(Ino, on the other hand, has the big mug)

And by the look of her face she’s already drunk

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.

Larryb posted:

Not to my knowledge no (I'm not sure if she's even a ninja anymore since she spends most of her time as a stay at home mom)

Anyway, new Boruto:

Big lore drop that is much appreciated. All the OP cyborg powers having some clearer background within established Otsusuki insanity has done a lot of heavy lifting for me. I was never that big on the cyborgs and Code’s insane levels coming out of nowhere essentially.

Also the latest anime arc is pretty lol with how much of Squid Games riff it is.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

Larryb posted:

Anyway, new Boruto:

I'm not a big fan on the post-Naruto Otsutsuki lore, but this was a good chapter.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Loving this new facet of the ohtsutsuki lore, it builds off the power scale set up by the shinobi war in a much more natural way than there just existing a secret cabal of cyborgs ninjas. Also really digging Amado’s whole deal even more, the first anime villain to realize that if you blow up the earth there’s no reason to being your dead daughter/wife/sister back. Seems like the flashforward from the prologue is coming back now too so maybe all the whiners begging for a timeskip will be satisfied.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I have actully been quite fond of the Otsutsuki's lore so I quite liked this chapter.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

This improves the lore a lot. I wasn't a fan of the cyborg ninja stuff at it's onset, but at least they're doing something interesting with it outside of boring fight power creep. We're back to tactical planning and strategy, which is what I always liked most about Naruto.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

TheHan posted:

Loving this new facet of the ohtsutsuki lore, it builds off the power scale set up by the shinobi war in a much more natural way than there just existing a secret cabal of cyborgs ninjas. Also really digging Amado’s whole deal even more, the first anime villain to realize that if you blow up the earth there’s no reason to being your dead daughter/wife/sister back. Seems like the flashforward from the prologue is coming back now too so maybe all the whiners begging for a timeskip will be satisfied.

Same. Chapter did a lot of perfectly acceptable handwaving.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I guess the most important reveal in the chapter is that Eida's charm is just some kind of trick that can be overcome. Has anyone been affected by it without being in close physical proximity to her? If it's as simple as "magic pheromones" that would be funny.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Also Delta effectively being a clone of Amado’s dead daughter is a nice touch (don’t remember if it was brought up before this though)

The Squid Game esque arc that just started in the anime seems decent as well

Larryb fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Nov 21, 2022

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
This is the first time it’s been Revealed.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

MonsterEnvy posted:

This is the first time it’s been Revealed.

Were there any hints prior to this at least?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Larryb posted:

Were there any hints prior to this at least?

There were hints and Amado did say he had a daughter in the past.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

We knew Amado had a daughter, just not that it was supposed to be Delta.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

It's been foreshadowed a bit. The biggest one was probably this page:

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Oh yeah, I remember now. Poor guy

Also based on the vision at the end it seems like Kawaki's not the only one to get possessed eventually. I wonder how far we are away from the (presumed) timeskip at this point

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

Hypocrisy posted:

It's been foreshadowed a bit. The biggest one was probably this page:

I hope she's exactly like Delta and Amado just can't admit she was annoying.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

The intro flash forward was just the result of his daughter being pissed he rezzed her in the body of Kawaki, and Amado still refuses to believe it's her.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Sasuke's Story chapter 4
https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/naruto-sasukes-story-the-uchiha-and-the-heavenly-stardust-manga-chapter-4/chapter/25879?action=read
https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1015127

If you like it then you should've put a ring on it, Sasuke
Better late than never

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
some great character moments for Sakura this chapter. At first I thought she picked up a gambling addiction from Tsunade but it’s even better that Tsunade sucks so much that her child apprentice learned to count cards. and her recognizing Sai’s style is the most useful thing Sai’s character has ever done

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I’m actually liking this series more than I expected to (it’s also probably the most competent/useful Sakura’s been allowed to be in a while). In fact, I kind of hope it gets adapted into the Boruto anime eventually

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Same, aside from a few things in the set up, seems like a an easy adjustment. Can easily say Naruto’s illness is a side effect of how Kurama went out. And Sasuke’s powers are varied enough to still pull off everything, even without the Rinnegan.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
just realized Naruto's universe had regular rear end dinosaurs and evolution and not some ninja creationist theory.

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost
Worldwide popularity poll happening.

https://twitter.com/NARUTO_info_en/status/1604005156663984128

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
I like how Tobi and Obito Uchiha are separated even though the Obito picture is a spoiler and makes it clear he's Tobi. And it's not even like they're referencing the Zetsu as Tobi, it's a picture of Obito with the mask!!

EDIT: Also, I have no idea who half of those characters are and I laughed hard at the fact that 'Feudal Lord (Land of Lightning)' was an option.

EDIT 2: Yahiko, 'Tendo' and Nagato are all separate options. LMAO.

Fair Bear Maiden fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Dec 17, 2022

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

I like how Tobi and Obito Uchiha are separated even though the Obito picture is a spoiler and makes it clear he's Tobi. And it's not even like they're referencing the Zetsu as Tobi, it's a picture of Obito with the mask!!

Is Spiral Zetsu also an option on that poll?

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

Delphisage posted:

Is Spiral Zetsu also an option on that poll?

Somehow doesn't seem like it. There's only one Zetsu option. Would have thought they'd at least separate white and black zetsu. Especially when they list Hanzo's salamander as an option. And every single lady Jiraiya ever ogled.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

New Sasuke's Story:

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/naruto-sasukes-story-the-uchiha-and-the-heavenly-stardust-manga-chapter-5/chapter/25953?action=read

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I was paralyzed by choice so I voted Akamaru.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Imagine a Naruto where spy ninja stuff was the story…
I’m liking this a lot.

I wonder if the chickens are turned into meno somehow.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Darth TNT posted:

Imagine a Naruto where spy ninja stuff was the story…
I’m liking this a lot.

I wonder if the chickens are turned into meno somehow.

Birds are descended from dinosaurs after all so that’d actually make sense

But yeah, it’s nice seeing ninjas actually acting like ninjas for a change (and this is probably Sakura at the best she’s been in years).

Like I said, I really want to see the anime tackle this one day (and you’d really only have to make a few minor changes to get it to fit into the current timeline)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Dec 17, 2022

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Voted for Tenten in the vain hope she'll get to do something at last

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

Chicken arise! Arise, chicken, arise!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's a weird historical mystery, which is something neither of them is particularly well equipped to handle. but they are using their wildly overpowered ninja wizard powers to push through anyway. i like it. also, it's really funny how sasuke is forced to socialize.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
It's really fun seeing Sakura and Sasuke use all these basic ninja techniques for their espionage. Though I don't know how it didn't cross Sasuke's mind that the guy without eyeballs might be able to notice things beyond his direct line of sight.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Lol I got banned from r/Boruto for drinking all the delicious salty tears of fanboys upset they weren't getting either an official declaration that Boruto was a Tsukuyomi dream or an official remake.

No loss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

rndmnmbr posted:

Lol I got banned from r/Boruto for drinking all the delicious salty tears of fanboys upset they weren't getting either an official declaration that Boruto was a Tsukuyomi dream or an official remake.

No loss.

Fans will be fans but how does one get that notion was ever on the table?