Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Ben Solak making a video about how Tua definitely isn't actually any good is just wonderful. The media cannot let our sweet prince live his best life for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Amy Pole Her posted:

Saleh is a close personal friend of Mike McDaniel, who is the genius that unleashed the fearsome pineapple known as Tua so I don’t think it’s coaching. I think it’s the kid.

This is part 2 of my 180 part series of making everything about Tua being a superstar

It's probably still too early to call this but it's starting to look like the "get a guy with a cannon and then coach him up" method has only worked for Mahomes, Allen, and to a degree Herbert.

With the amount of WR talent out there now I feel like the meta is gonna shift back to coveting guys that can read defenses and make good decisions at the NFL level and then surround them with receiver talent.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

lol

https://twitter.com/iamSauceGardner/status/1594717729369587724?s=20&t=OiZR0YjIE-WPJmOE6suKXw

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
lemme be first to say tweetgate

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

TheBizzness posted:

Ben Solak making a video about how Tua definitely isn't actually any good is just wonderful. The media cannot let our sweet prince live his best life for some reason.

Love it.

You see, any NFL QB could put up Tua's numbers and be an MVP candidate and win games if they wanted. They simply choose not to for reasons I won't be explaining.

Nov 6, 2002

is pepsi ok posted:

Love it.

You see, any NFL QB could put up Tua's numbers and be an MVP candidate and win games if they wanted. They simply choose not to for reasons I won't be explaining.

because they aren't throwing to hill and waddle, hope this helps

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

mcdaniel is good

the skill guys are good

tua is good

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

because they aren't throwing to hill and waddle, hope this helps

Huh weird, don't remember winning any games with Tua out. Also noted average NFL QB Derek Carr doesn't seem to be winning many games with his elite WR.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Amy Pole Her posted:

Saleh is a close personal friend of Mike McDaniel, who is the genius that unleashed the fearsome pineapple known as Tua so I don’t think it’s coaching. I think it’s the kid.

This is part 2 of my 180 part series of making everything about Tua being a superstar

He really hosed up taking LeFleur with him instead of McDaniel.

Diva Cupcake posted:

I would have to assume Zach is on a short hook against the Bears or outright benched. Saleh needs to if he wants to keep the locker room.

If they go 3 and out on the first drive vs the Bears there are going to be loud boos and Mike White chants.

Nov 6, 2002

is pepsi ok posted:

Huh weird, don't remember winning any games with Tua out. Also noted average NFL QB Derek Carr doesn't seem to be winning many games with his elite WR.

What does Derek Carr have anything to do with the Miami Dolphins?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

everything!

you don't understand!

YOU'VE NEVER UNDERSTOOD!!!!!!!!!

I HATE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

This is fluke garbage because they played the Jets twice without their best offensive player and best OL and the awful browns and lions. The only good offenses they have played against this year have shredded them.

Nov 6, 2002

Mcmagic you think any team that isn't like 8-2 is a "garbage" or "dogshit". Like do you not have eyes? The Browns and Lions are both feisty teams that get up for their opponent every week and play hard.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Mcmagic you think any team that isn't like 8-2 is a "garbage" or "dogshit". Like do you not have eyes? The Browns and Lions are both feisty teams that get up for their opponent every week and play hard.

lmfao

Nov 6, 2002

Having a bottom 15 quarterback doesn't automatically make the entire team "dogshit". You seem to think it's impossible for a team with a bad quarterback to win games by game planning around their QB and if they do it means the opponent is garbage or dogshit and the win shouldn't count for anything.

The Broncos are dogshit.
The Raiders are dogshit.

The Lions and Browns are not.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Miami are 12 point favorites :stare:

I know the Texans are bad and Miami is good, but it's just weird. I can't remember the last time we were this big of favorites.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

To be fair the Vikings are 8-2 and are also garbage/dogshit! :v:

TNF is gonna be hilarious

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

is pepsi ok posted:

It's probably still too early to call this but it's starting to look like the "get a guy with a cannon and then coach him up" method has only worked for Mahomes, Allen, and to a degree Herbert.

With the amount of WR talent out there now I feel like the meta is gonna shift back to coveting guys that can read defenses and make good decisions at the NFL level and then surround them with receiver talent.

As much as he doesn't have a cannon, I think you have to include Jalen Hurts in the "QBs that lacked NFL processing skills when they were drafted", and you can also see the process starting to work with Fields. The proper QB camp is basically Tua, Burrow and Herbert. And even then you can argue Herbert sits between those two groups.

I think I think that actually the last few years have shown that the right approach is to draft for athleticism and ceiling rather than processing, but you absolutely have to start the player off with a kid gloves offence. Philly has done it amazingly with Hurts, the Bears have finally built their offence around what Fields can do rather than what they think he should be able to do. The biggest mistake the Jets are making is treating Wilson like a conventional qb who can run, rather than a project QB.

Nov 6, 2002

Has the tide finally turned on twitter with the Herbert and Tua comparisons this year? I know Chargers' fans were loving rubbing it in your faces in the past.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Has the tide finally turned on twitter with the Herbert and Tua comparisons this year? I know Chargers' fans were loving rubbing it in your faces in the past.

literally every tweet about either one rallies both camps to bicker

and also tweets that are about other quarterbacks altogether

and also tweets that aren't even about football

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

No.

In fairness, if you were doing a redraft I'd probably still take Burrow and Herbert over Tua. But it's now a case of whether you prefer champagne, caviar or lobster, as opposed to one of the most unfortunate draft fuckups of recent times.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Its starting to turn. The TV media is all for it, the online media will hear nothing of it.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

the argument is average QB + elite WR = wins and stats and that obviously isn't true

edit: this too

Ehud posted:

everything!

you don't understand!

YOU'VE NEVER UNDERSTOOD!!!!!!!!!

I HATE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nov 6, 2002

is pepsi ok posted:

the argument is average QB + elite WR = wins and stats and that obviously isn't true

So who's the second elite WR on the Raiders?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

So who's the second elite WR on the Raiders?

mack hollins

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
In other Zach Wilson news, I just had a look at the 2021 draft where the Jets got him and the Niners took Lance.

The next eleven picks were

Pitts
Chase
Waddle
Sewell
Horn
Surtain
DeVonta Smith
Justin Fields
Micah Parsons
Rashawn Slater
Vera-Tucker

That's two players who're the best in the league at their position (Parson, Surtain), two who are almost that (Chase and Slater), and five likely to be regular pro bowlers (Waddle, Smith, AVT, Pitts, Sewell). The "bad" picks were Justin Fields, who might end up being the best QB in the class, and Jaycee Horn. Just an absolutely stacked first round.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Having a bottom 15 quarterback doesn't automatically make the entire team "dogshit". You seem to think it's impossible for a team with a bad quarterback to win games by game planning around their QB and if they do it means the opponent is garbage or dogshit and the win shouldn't count for anything.
The Patriots haven't played a decent QB since W4 and even then it was a washed Rodgers. They haven't played a good QB since Lamar and he threw for 4 TDs.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

The thing I've learned about the draft is that if you draft a QB just because you need a QB and not because of the specific QB you're drafting you are likely loving up. That is how you blow top 5 picks in the draft twice in 4 years.

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

It's week 11 (i.e. no early season fuckery) and Browns and Lions are:

4th and 6th in yards/game
8 and 10 in points/game
Rank well in ~advanced stats~

What is a good offense, if not this? The top 3-4 teams only?

Nosre fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Nov 21, 2022

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

mcmagic posted:

The thing I've learned about the draft is that if you draft a QB just because you need a QB and not because of the specific QB you're drafting you are likely loving up. That is how you blow top 5 picks in the draft twice in 4 years.

Yeah.

Just console yourself with the fact that you're not John Lynch, and you didn't pay 2 firsts to pass over all those players.

Nov 6, 2002

Diva Cupcake posted:

The Patriots haven't played a decent QB since W4 and even then it was a washed Rodgers. They haven't played a good QB since Lamar and he threw for 4 TDs.

The Lions, Browns and Falcons are are #8, #10 and #11 in PPG in the NFL despite having "dogshit" QBs as mcmagic would say. The Lions just dropped 62 points in their last two games alone.

Point being, with an emphasis on the running game this year, NFL teams are finding ways to overcome mediocre QBs.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

tarbrush posted:

Yeah.

Just console yourself with the fact that you're not John Lynch, and you didn't pay 2 firsts to pass over all those players.

John Lynch also put a reasonable backup plan in place, had a first round QB implode and he's still a super bowl contender.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

Browns are 15th EPA, Lions are 10th.

Pats look better than they are, true, but the Browns and Lions are neither dog poo poo offensively.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

mcmagic posted:

John Lynch also put a reasonable backup plan in place, had a first round QB implode and he's still a super bowl contender.

True

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Jimmy G is 100% a NY Jet in 2023.

Nov 6, 2002

The tabloids would have a field day following Jimmy around on his "dates".

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

TheBizzness posted:

Jimmy G is 100% a NY Jet in 2023.

They could've had him for nothing this year.

MaximilianK
Jan 8, 2022
Wilson's arm looked like a cannon on those passes over the flat to the sideline.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

mcmagic posted:

They wanted to trade Jimmy they just couldn’t find a buyer because he was rehabbing his shoulder. He didn’t even participate in practice during the offseason, because they were so sure he’d be gone. That wasn’t a backup plan, they just couldn’t get rid of him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

mcmagic posted:

Lynch spent all offseason trying to trade Jimmy G and is insanely lucky no one took him, but he had a "reasonable backup plan"

I say maybe the Jets should sign anyone with a pulse and I am obsessed with Backup QBs or everyone I name just sucks anyway. Oh and when Wilson got hurt I said we should get Jimmy G cause he was on a 1 year deal anyway. Meanwhile the Jets haven't had a QB start every game since Fitzpatrick AND statistically Wilson was coming off a rookie season worse then Darnold's, Smith's or Sanchez's and that was very comparable to Josh Rosen's rookie season.