Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Thanks for reminding me that I haven't seen this in a few years. It's such a fun movie to rewatch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

looks like the photos surgeons take when they remove a tumor

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

https://i.imgur.com/TSnHcV1.mp4

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

This is the --> worst <-- pizza thread, you must be lost

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Well that sign he's got on the wall is probably inedible, which would qualify.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Pizza Man has inspired me to eat pizza for late breakfast.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Yes, that's very bad pizza. It's uncooked and has no toppings.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

BigBadSteve posted:

Yes, that's very bad pizza. It's uncooked and has no toppings.

What, you think pizzas spring forth fully formed from the Mestre's forehead?

Liquid Chicken
Jan 25, 2005

GOOP
Folks from the eastern shore of Delmarva know....

The worst pizza I ever had is from Grotto (ghetto) Pizza

drat box is fresher and has more flavor.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

I can taste that just by looking at it I think

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

RandolphCarter posted:

Still have not made holiday spice Pepsi again, the cowards.

Still salty about this. It was so good! You bastards will make fruitcake Mountain Dew but won’t bring back the best one…

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

It's too much work to cut a pizza. Just roll it up.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

rolling it up is too much work. just slide the whole thing down your maw in one gulp

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
I like to dissolve my pizza over several days in a caustic solution then drink it, eliminating chewing from the equation

Grab Im Moor
Apr 4, 2022

Domino's bought the german pizza chain Joey's not too long ago, maybe a couple years & I've been wondering how bad it is since. For me Dominos only existed as some sort of internet legend from overseas for a long time and then suddenly they opened a couple hundred shops all over the place here. I've just never had the heart to try it yet because the prices aren't that compelling and pretty much every city has at least one good local place that's not too expensive already.

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

Post the worst pizza ever in this thread: Apple varieties with a featured Green crust.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Grab Im Moor posted:

Domino's bought the german pizza chain Joey's not too long ago, maybe a couple years & I've been wondering how bad it is since. For me Dominos only existed as some sort of internet legend from overseas for a long time and then suddenly they opened a couple hundred shops all over the place here. I've just never had the heart to try it yet because the prices aren't that compelling and pretty much every city has at least one good local place that's not too expensive already.

I've been to Germany for a brief visit like twenty years ago and even so I know that you have better things to eat than Domino's.

Yes you read this right, German cooking is superior to terrible pizza.
I'm sorry if you are on team Domino's but it's true.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Grab Im Moor posted:

Resist the chains.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Germany has plenty of good Italian pizza places thanks to a history of Italian immigration.

I've eaten Dominos once. It was garbage.

Grab Im Moor
Apr 4, 2022

Antigravitas posted:

Germany has plenty of good Italian pizza places thanks to a history of Italian immigration.

A lot of places are operated by turkish german people so you can get dope rear end Döner meat on your pizza. Prolly even left Döner none pizza if you're asking for it. My guess is that Dominos will die a slow death like Pizza Hut, I just don't see the reason for it existing here when there are so many options for good & reasonably priced takeout/delivery.
It's just weird when you were reading about this crap for decades and suddenly it appears next door. So there is a bit of exotic intrigue. That probably sounds weird as hell to US goons but that's how it is for me. Like some weeks ago I tried Dr. Pepper for the first time and found out it's carbonated rear end syrup lol, but hey now I know.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
dominos is a solid mid-tier joint, yah got the hut, caesers, papa johns, and murphys below it

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Philthy posted:

dominos is a solid mid-tier joint, yah got the hut, caesers, papa johns, and murphys below it

Pizza Hut in Australia, at least near me, is far and away better than Dominos.

Dominos is insanely mediocre, while Pizza Hut here at least feels like they're trying to serve half-decent pizza. Not necessarily succeeding compared to non-chain pizza, but still trying.

Fucked-Up Little Dog
Aug 26, 2008

Posting live from the nightmare future of Web 3.0

Scratchmo
Domino's in the UK is inexplicably the most expensive fast-food option available and now somehow continues to compete with cheap kebab shops doing them for a fifth the price and hipster gourmet places using truffle oil and blue cheese etc which are also still cheaper than Domino's.

The only scenario where Domino's is the correct choice is to make use of stolen credit cards anywhere in the country and I'm convinced this is Domino's main source of business

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Quantum of Phallus posted:

when she was mashing the mush up with the wallpaper peeler, i gagged

Someone should tell brazil that pizza cutters are a solved thing and you don't have to use a god drat peeler like you're some kind of pizza viking hacking up the silver goods from your latest raid.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

The least problematic thing in that clip is the thing she used to cut the pizza with.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Dominos is the best chain pizza in Japan no questions and this would depress me more if every single chicago style deep dish pizza here wasn't made out of the cursed spirits of peasants slain by the aristocracy

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Dominos is by far the best pizza chain. It’s come a long way since the 90s.

Papa John’s tastes like cheap butt and racist sweaty founder
Pizza Hut is just frozen mass produced garbage
Dominos actually hand stretches every dough and has very fresh ingredients

Like yeah it’s not amazing but it’s absolutely not bad at all. Get a medium pan pepperoni. It’s decent.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Someone should tell brazil that pizza cutters are a solved thing and you don't have to use a god drat peeler like you're some kind of pizza viking hacking up the silver goods from your latest raid.

There's something to be said for cutting pizza with a mezzaluna knife, it lends a nice rustic aesthetic and it's useful for cutting herbs for the sauce.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

By popular demand posted:

There's something to be said for cutting pizza with a mezzaluna knife, it lends a nice rustic aesthetic and it's useful for cutting herbs for the sauce.

They get plenty of rustic aesthetic from the wallpaper peeler, because of the rust

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I ain’t no pizza snob, I won’t go out of my way for one but I have no problems eating a hot and ready.

I had papa johns a few years ago for the first time and it was so foul I couldn’t even finish it.

Pizza Hut is extremely mid but it has the best crust out of the national chains.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Those little tubs of yellow cum from Papa John's are my kryptonite.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Domino's is poo poo tier even among the crappy national chains. This is based upon my own experience, and is therefore the only acceptable opinion.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

itry posted:

The least problematic thing in that clip is the thing she used to cut the pizza with.

Yeah but it's like one of those things where your brain can't comprehend the full horror so you latch on to a small thing you can process.

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

Domino’s is by far the worst and most expensive option in my country. Any local joint delivers better pizza than them. They seem to be expanding any an alarming rate, though. I’ve also had Pizza Hut in Brussels, it was dire.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Take the plunge! Okay! posted:

Domino’s is by far the worst and most expensive option in my country. Any local joint delivers better pizza than them. They seem to be expanding any an alarming rate, though. I’ve also had Pizza Hut in Brussels, it was dire.

I think Dominos are so wildly popular because the very nature of buying their doughy shite pizzas is that you have to feel like you're getting a deal. Like the menu prices are obscene for what is effectively garbage tier pizza, but because they sent you a voucher for 50% off if you buy 2 large sides you almost feel obliged to lock in those savings.

Obviously that's still a massive profit margin for Dominos, but it preys upon the logical fallacy that you're getting a good deal and shouldn't pass it up.

(at least that seems to be their entire gimmick here in the UK)

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

There's been entirely too much standing for Domino's ITT and I won't have it!

Catch you all on the next thread, peace I'm out.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av
I honestly haven't eaten chain pizza since 2008

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Dominos in the states is pretty cheap. It's like $7 a pizza during deals they run every month. You can walk out of there with 3 pizzas, a box of wings, and some deserts for like $20.

(Their wings are laughably tiny tho, skip)

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
yeah the whole point of dominos in the states is that it's cheap. if they're charging a premium price forget about it. unless the quality is somehow much improved which i doubt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Never been a big Domino's fan. Their white sauce/thin crust is decent I guess