Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

TheBizzness posted:

Jimmy G is 100% a NY Jet in 2023.

Raider

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/Michael_Nania/status/1594665630086877185

Mike loving White. Right now.

Even Flacco i'll take.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Just staring at that limp flag after the cries of the wind the wind! postgame yesterday.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

The Lions, Browns and Falcons are are #8, #10 and #11 in PPG in the NFL despite having "dogshit" QBs as mcmagic would say. The Lions just dropped 62 points in their last two games alone.

Point being, with an emphasis on the running game this year, NFL teams are finding ways to overcome mediocre QBs.

The Lions coming into the Patriots game had put up 35, 36, 24, and 45 points and then got shut out. Yeah it's Jared Goff and he's the weak link there but they still can score points.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
The Dolphins also shut them out.

In the second half. Please don’t ask about the first half.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
https://twitter.com/Patriots/status/1594683044450795521

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I wish I could quit my job and just spend me time combing through Scott Zolak archives to find hidden gems.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I think you would quickly go insane.

Kleenex boxes on your feet, Stuffed Patriots bear stabbed full of knitting needles next to you style.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

i've been laughing about this thumbnail, tweet, and video and now you all have to be subjected to it too

https://twitter.com/barrycunningham/status/1594440138846765057?s=20&t=7RetaZ01T55RFjt_A1cd5g

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Saleh's brother chiming in.
https://twitter.com/DavidSaleh/status/1594754514569019393

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Saleh the Elder is right. And I feel like it's only so long before the "Saleh wants to bench Wilson but Douglas isn't letting him" stories start.

Nov 6, 2002

I don't know if he actually has sources or is just speculating by Dan Hanzus said last night there are still people in the building that think Wilson can get better and be "the guy".

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

I don't know if he actually has sources or is just speculating by Dan Hanzus said last night there are still people in the building that think Wilson can get better and be "the guy".

unless those people are the HC or GM it doesn't matter

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I took it as reasonable speculation. It's basically self-evidently true; otherwise, they'd bench Wilson.

Mr. Mercury
Aug 13, 2021

Eagerly awaiting the AFCE playoffs

Nov 6, 2002

Also, hoping we hear again from Dan's dad after this latest game.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Is Flacco the starter yet

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Relentlessboredomm posted:

unless those people are the HC or GM it doesn't matter

If they didn’t think that he would’ve been benched already.

Nov 6, 2002

https://twitter.com/NFLonCBS/status/1594764439974252548

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/RSherman_25/status/1594797259245649921

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I just absolutely cannot take people (in this case DJ) pointing to mediocrity ("winning football") as a positive. 18/25 for 154 yards and a touchdown was his BEST game this year! That's a Matt Barkley rear end ceiling.

At least Darnold has a 300 yard, 3 TD game to his name.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Oh man, I didn't realize DJ was such a true believer still lol

https://twitter.com/MoveTheSticks/status/1594729506174033920?s=20&t=O1IbhP4hI9niNSoUMVZpjQ

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

fsif posted:

Oh man, I didn't realize DJ was such a true believer still lol
He’s like Joe Douglas’ best friend. When he talks about the Jets you have to pay attention as it might actually be from JD.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

I'm ready to lose to the Bears next week.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

That guy is insane.

MaximilianK
Jan 8, 2022
I mean two wins is two wins but the last 2 Patriot's games have been extremely boring and painful to watch.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

DJ was also very big on Wilson. Query whether that is/was a result of Douglas liking him or the other way around.

Also:

https://twitter.com/connor_j_hughes/status/1594802010141892619?s=46&t=vPphZyXtoTIUbEJXcLvVaA

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

what is it with sports media types and digging their heels in on jets qbs who obviously stink

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

It brings in a lot of attention because nobody likes to hate on Jets players more than Jets fans.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

The funny part is whomever starts is going to undoubtedly look a ton better because they’re facing the Bears’ defense and it’ll be used to justify the decision regardless of outcome.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

It's going to be Zach Wilson playing winning football.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Diva Cupcake posted:

The funny part is whomever starts is going to undoubtedly look a ton better because they’re facing the Bears’ defense and it’ll be used to justify the decision regardless of outcome.

Yeah, I was listening to something that mentioned Zach against the Bears and he'll almost certainly look better, and if he doesn't, you throw whomever against @Vikings, @Bills, and when they get eaten alive... back to Zach probably for Jags and uh, the other easy home game

Nov 6, 2002

I don't think the Bills or Vikings defense is really eating anyone alive anymore.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

The Beat is going to be pissed if Saleh keeps them waiting around much longer

https://twitter.com/connor_j_hughes/status/1594807416826241025?s=46&t=vPphZyXtoTIUbEJXcLvVaA

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Will laugh for hours if Wilson's got him fired.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

tarbrush posted:

Will laugh for hours if Wilson's got him fired.

If anything this season thus far is saving Saleh and Douglas and dooming Wilson

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Saleh has looked so drat good outside of his QB being junk and their GM brought in insane talent the last draft. They got very good talent last draft. They’re all good.

Wilson’s gotta go. Maybe Teddy Bridgewater

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
drat I forgot Flacco threw for over 300 yards in 2 starts, 285 in his other start, and had 4 TDs in a single game.

Wilson has thrown for over 300 yards once this season, and over 200 yards twice. Wilson has 4 TDs in 7 games

Nov 6, 2002

I have unironically been beating the drum for Flacco to start on the jets for months. It is obvious he is the only professional NFL quarterback they have.

As crusty as he is, he can at least get the friggen ball to the playmakers.

This is the same situation the Colts were in starting Ehlinger over Ryan. The only difference is that Ehlinger wasn't a #2 overall pick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

So is there any reason the press conference can be this delayed unless they're benching Wilson?

When the Bills' press conference was several hours late, they had cut that rapist punter.