Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1594815979325890568?t=b3k4zjUb6VxcYw7A3OccoA&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

lol

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Great, now the Bears have to prepare for three separate quarterbacks.

https://twitter.com/Connor_J_Hughes/status/1594816451780780036?s=20&t=fsbB_u5MF1o-whAI_faT_A

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
Didn't they announce after the last Patriots game that White was the backup and getting first team snaps?

But just bench him, what is this nonsense???

MaximilianK
Jan 8, 2022
Fly Flacco, fly!

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I think Saleh is handling this very well imo.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Chris Streveler hive assemble

(But seriously, it's the right call to send this message. I bet they still start Wilson on Sunday but give him a very short leash. Though I wouldn't be opposed to just going ahead and starting White or Flacco.)

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Nov 21, 2022

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Flacco starter
White backup
(Spins wheel) Kellen Clemons 3rd string
Wilson to the practice squad.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
just start Flacco, the defense might genuinely be good enough to dial up a Bucs/Brad Johnson or Ravens/Trent Dilfer style run to the SB

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

if the Pats D is actually overrated garbage because they've played bad QBs like Wilson, what does that say about the true state of the Jets D playing bad QBs like Mac Jones? :v:

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

It says nothing really really. The Jets can at least say they’ve played and beaten a QB on the level of Josh Allen though.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Relentlessboredomm posted:

just start Flacco, the defense might genuinely be good enough to dial up a Bucs/Brad Johnson or Ravens/Trent Dilfer style run to the SB

If Hall was healthy, for sure.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
https://twitter.com/Jason_OTC/status/1594790241239535616

Nov 6, 2002

Blah.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1594810231623655425?t=u5kOiUfro95yVcF6n3H0dA&s=19

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I’m tickled pink by people using the wind as a real excuse.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

https://twitter.com/JahanOROTY/status/1594816356029206528?s=20&t=s659LWZDLv602SATlD1QcQ

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

TheBizzness posted:

I’m tickled pink by people using the wind as a real excuse.

Is there anyone else doing that other than Zach Wilson?

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Daniel Jeremiah

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Professor Funk posted:

Bob Seger?

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Professor Funk posted:

fsif posted:

Daniel Jeremiah

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Professor Funk posted:

Chris Streveler hive assemble

(But seriously, it's the right call to send this message. I bet they still start Wilson on Sunday but give him a very short leash. Though I wouldn't be opposed to just going ahead and starting White or Flacco.)

Starting Streveler would be so loving cool

The Jets would be a legit super bowl contender if they had Jimmy G this year. It's really too bad they didn't to get him when Wilson got hurt in the preseason.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Nov 22, 2022

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Whatever you do, don't put the blame on you
Blame it on the rain, yeah, yeah

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I’m not even sure Jimmy G should be available after this year. He’s clearly better for them than Trey Lance. Josh McDaniels might want him. Hell, Belichick might want him back.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

haljordan posted:

Bob Seger?

I chuckled, solid :dadjoke:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Diva Cupcake posted:

I’m not even sure Jimmy G should be available after this year. He’s clearly better for them than Trey Lance. Josh McDaniels might want him. Hell, Belichick might want him back.

Didn’t part of his restructure make him an unrestricted FA after the season?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

mcmagic posted:

Didn’t part of his restructure make him an unrestricted FA after the season?

He's an UFA this offseason, but if things keep going this well the 49ers might just keep him. If they end up in the NFC championship, it's gonna be hard to say, "Let's have Jimmy walk and go back to Trey Lance."

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Ehud posted:

He's an UFA this offseason, but if things keep going this well the 49ers might just keep him. If they end up in the NFC championship, it's gonna be hard to say, "Let's have Jimmy walk and go back to Trey Lance."

That's what they did last year :laugh:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Nodoze posted:

That's what they did last year :laugh:

True. It just seems like Lance already wasn't panning out the way they hoped and that's why they brought Jimmy G back to begin with.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Ehud posted:

The Jets are going to get a chance to overpay him more than the 9ers would. Likely same with Carr.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
The most likely scenario is Jimmy ending up in Vegas with McDaniels. Derek Carr on the Jets sounds about right, though I could see them making a play at Baker too

Nov 6, 2002

The Niners are looking at Fields and thinking that's what Lance can give them. They won't be starting Jimmy next season because they know they need to get Lance going after investing so much in him.

I doubt Jimmy will be on the roster.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

The Niners are looking at Fields and thinking that's what Lance can give them. They won't be starting Jimmy next season because they know they need to get Lance going after investing so much in him.

I doubt Jimmy will be on the roster.
Jimmy is better than a theoretical Fields though and it's not particularly close unless they just want a running threat at QB. Bottom line in the Lance hasn't played a meaningful number of games in 3+ years and the Niners are built to win right now.

I think it's a lower chance than them parting ways but if they're in the NFCCG 2 straight years with Jimmy, he's probably coming back as their starter. The cost for Lance is sunk.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I just don't think Lance is the kind of special athlete that Fields is. McDaniel said that Fields is one of the most dynamic ball carriers at any position in the NFL and I think that's true. Lance is a threat as a runner, but it's not special the way Fields is special.

I just can't get past the idea that the 49ers were a little concerned that Lance isn't going to pan out and that's why they kept Jimmy G this year.

Nov 6, 2002

I think there is a bit of a recency bias in play here because Jimmy has been ok this season and just had his best game last night in a very long time.

The Niners know very well who Jimmy is and it's why they have planned to move on from him now multiple years in a row. He's still the same guy who played pretty miserably during their playoff run last season and ultimately cost them a chance at the Super Bowl with yet another untimely turnover.

Lance may not have proven much but his ceiling is still potentially well above Jimmy's.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
If I’m Jimmy I’d rather play for the Jets than the sinking Raiders ship or back in San Fran where they’ve been trying to replace me for years and I’ll have Lance breathing down my neck at all times.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

TheBizzness posted:

If I’m Jimmy I’d rather play for the Jets than the sinking Raiders ship or back in San Fran where they’ve been trying to replace me for years and I’ll have Lance breathing down my neck at all times.
The Jets have more weapons but I honestly think the Patriots would be a major option as well. Elite defense, :cominghome:, plus Bill is the guy who wanted to trade Tom and build around Jimmy but was overridden by Kraft. If they're not sold on Mac by the end of the year, I think they're in.

Either would be a better option than the Raiders.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Jimmy’s the right kinda mediocre to be perfect for the Jets.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

There's little difference between Mac and Jimmy G though. If the Pats get a new OC, Mac is probably fine, Jimmy G with Patricia would be just as hapless as Mac has been.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
With all the stories about Jimmy G disappearing during the offseason and not being in touch with the 49ers (which is absolutely right by him) I can't imagine the Patriots bringing him back.

The post below me reminds me, weren't the Pats pissed that Jimmy G wouldn't play through an injury while Brady was suspended and Brisset was playing through a worse injury. Like Jimmy refused to go in for Brisset.

syzpid fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Nov 22, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Pats would be worse off with Jimmy than Mac because Jimmy will command 10x the cap number and won’t play through a high ankle sprain like Mac has been.

Do it Bill.