Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

vaginite posted:

With Elon reading and responding to actual nobodies all day on twitter we should do a goon project where we convince him to finance, direct and star in his own biopic

*secretly shadow directed by uwe boll

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

davecrazy posted:

It blows my mind that any official account with any government, or corporate entity, or major celebrity still has anything to do with Twitter what-so-ever at this point.

What the gently caress does it take for people to delete their accounts?!

Orgs move slow and are probably waiting to see how Elon's plan to step aside as CEO pans out first.

Cyber Punk 90210
Jan 7, 2004

The War Has Changed

Midnight Voyager posted:

Elon said that grieving was "emotionally manipulative."

This sounds like some poo poo my dad would say and he's a trash person

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Goon project: get elon musk to finish destroying twitter before this thread reaches page 420

Giraffe
Dec 12, 2005

Soiled Meat

Serious_Cyclone posted:

So he's hiring for all of the roles he just fired people from? Is he doing research for a book on how to lose $44B as fast as humanly possible?

He’s remaking the 1985 classic movie Brewster’s Millions.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

https://twitter.com/elizableu/status/1594552800029315072

I might be wrong about this, but didn't alleged sexpest Elon Musk recently unban alleged child molester and multiple rapist Donald Trump, a close personal friend of actual paedophile Jeffrey Epstein, and also unban actual sex-trafficker Andrew Tate? And fire most of the moderation staff that removed CSA content?

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Quote-Unquote posted:

I might be wrong about this, but didn't alleged sexpest Elon Musk recently unban alleged child molester and multiple rapist Donald Trump, a close personal friend of actual paedophile Jeffrey Epstein, and also unban actual sex-trafficker Andrew Tate? And fire most of the moderation staff that removed CSA content?

One hundred percent they are talking about anything pro trans not actual CSAM

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

Quote-Unquote posted:

I think this means anything that isn't transphobic

efb but yeah

e2: https://twitter.com/elizableu/status/1546873435552374785?s=20&t=7313qjIaXhhDJsM3p2A2IQ

big black turnout fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Nov 21, 2022

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!

vaginite posted:

With Elon reading and responding to actual nobodies all day on twitter we should do a goon project where we convince him to finance, direct and star in his own biopic

Egg him on to play kerbal space program on twitch to show the world how good he is at spacex.

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

The first, or one of the first iterations, was some insane sci-fi bullshit. An above ground sealed tube that was a vacuum, where the trains/pods would travel at multiple times the speed of sound. Also they were solar powered. :psyduck:
He proposed this from Los Angeles to San Francisco. idk how people didn't just laugh him out of the room.
The most disappointing thing was how many engineering schools went along with it, sending teams out to compete in these hyperloop competions. But also any and all engineering designs submitted for these contests would then be owned by The Boring Company.

We live in the stupidest timeline.

Sigh theres that youtuber thats made video after video about elon and hyperloop rather unhealthy I say

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

i assume from the low number of pages the past 6 hours elon did not accomplish much or do anything particularly funny

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
https://twitter.com/petergyang/status/1594696056348049410

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

The Saddest Rhino posted:

i assume from the low number of pages the past 6 hours elon did not accomplish much or do anything particularly funny

I dunno fam I deleted the app and account and now it just whines at me to log in and lol nah

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Quote-Unquote posted:

True, but this is offset by Elons being a billionaire and thus he is almost certainly an expert on where to find CSAM

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

He is a nonce, you see.

A pedo guy, if you will.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

World Cup killed Twitter just like everyone said it would

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

yeah lotsa world cup games today but twitter lives?

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
Elon is hiring people now because he wants True Believers in the cause.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Thought his whole point is to thin the workforce and to prove that programmers are benefits-stealing thieves who need to learn to code. Hiring more people seems counterproductive

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Sydney Bottocks posted:

On the plus side, maybe Musk's tweet there might drive Ronda Rousey and all the other Sandy Hook deniers off of Twitter :)

Wait hold on what??

That, ladies and gentlemen, is why you shouldn't make a career of getting kicked in the head.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Ratjaculation posted:

He is a nonce, you see.

A pedo guy, if you will.

Definitely just a coincidence that Leon is close friends with Donald Trump's favourite child sex trafficker Ghislane Maxwell.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Quote-Unquote posted:

Definitely just a coincidence that Leon is close friends with Donald Trump's favourite child sex trafficker Ghislane Maxwell.
Imagine getting owned by loving Crazy Frog

https://twitter.com/TrueCrazyFrog/status/1533938036949630981

ProfessorMarvel
Jan 6, 2021

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

vaginite posted:

Reboot swap.avi :metis:

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Thought his whole point is to thin the workforce and to prove that programmers are benefits-stealing thieves who need to learn to code. Hiring more people seems counterproductive

It all goes back to Musk being unable to make it as a coder and him holding a grudge, doesn't it

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Not digging the reality where Twitter stays up and becomes explicitly political in favor of people who regularly encourage violence against minority groups. Reminded of

quote:

Conservative: I have been censored for my conservative views

Me: Holy poo poo! You were censored for wanting lower taxes?

Con: LOL no...no not those views

Me: So....deregulation?

Con: Haha no not those views either

Me: Which views, exactly?

Con: Oh, you know the ones

Twitter is a blowhorn and still integrated incredibly well with most modern websites.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Wendigee posted:

I dunno fam I deleted the app and account and now it just whines at me to log in and lol nah

I just tap login then hit the x

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Are people really getting multiple push notifications from Musk daily? Because goddamn, that'd make me quit if I hadn't already. The vanity of that rear end in a top hat.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Philthy posted:

mods back in the 00s used to rail on people who had the "posting disease" - they wouldn't stop poo poo posting and were miserable and dig themselves so loving deep and just not stop. they felt like they had to respond to any and all criticism while making themselves look like huge loving loser idiot weirdos.

we get to see it happen with trump, kanye, and now musk

Before the internet there was the letters sections of newspapers and magazines. It a thing from the Manchester evening guardian to the Bangalore duck hunting monthly newsletter, where every single publication on earth will have a history where two guys spent decades writing letters and arguing with each other digging deeper and deeper, and it only ended when one of them died.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

learnincurve posted:

Before the internet there was the letters sections of newspapers and magazines. It a thing from the Manchester evening guardian to the Bangalore duck hunting monthly newsletter, where every single publication on earth will have a history where two guys spent decades writing letters and arguing with each other digging deeper and deeper, and it only ended when one of them died.

PC Gamer UK banned letters from Loughborough because of this.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

Convex posted:

PC Gamer UK banned letters from Loughborough because of this.

I am curious to know more

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Oh this is happening apparently

https://twitter.com/WhackNicholson/status/1594758802506661892

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

stupid trans kids, always goin around, doin trans stuff. gently caress those guys. Anyway, i am a ~protector of children~ you're welcome :))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

lol if your company is still advertising on twitter

elon is just surrounding himself with the absolutely worst people

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.

priznat posted:

gently caress yeah Trent

Dude has a million times the creativity and charisma of lumpy boy musk

https://twitter.com/misesblaine/status/1594793203911512065?s=20

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Elon, well known for spending hours every day cutting down trees, working out and shooting guns.

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!
LOL these people are in a hopeless masculinity cargo cult

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I only heard of Andrew Tate for the first time a couple months ago. I still have trouble believing he's a real person and not, I dunno, a Sacha Baron Cohen character gone wrong.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

That bottle label is facing right at the camera. Everything in this photo is so conspicuous.

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022
The great thing about fantasy performative masculinity that defines the “alpha” is that you can always change the rubric so your enemies flunk it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Telsa Cola posted:

I am curious to know more

December 1995

February 1996

March

May

June

July