Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Joey Freshwater posted:

It's this. Penn State has "better" losses but they don't have any good wins.

e: also lol getting mad at the AP poll now that CFP poll is going

It's not Penn State's fault Auburn and the rest of the Big Ten sucks this year. The Big Ten West is basically all 7-4 or 6-5. The road win @Purdue was a good win at the time. Aside from that close win and an ugly win in the rain where they fumbled four times against NW, they've demolished every other team on the schedule.

I hope PSU gets an NY6 bowl, which they deserve. Clemson in the Orange Bowl would be great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Maybe you can get Tennessee in a NY6 bowl.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Komet posted:

It's not Penn State's fault Auburn and the rest of the Big Ten sucks this year. The Big Ten West is basically all 7-4 or 6-5. The road win @Purdue was a good win at the time. Aside from that close win and an ugly win in the rain where they fumbled four times against NW, they've demolished every other team on the schedule.

I hope PSU gets an NY6 bowl, which they deserve. Clemson in the Orange Bowl would be great

it is their fault they didn’t get a good win in the games that they lost tho

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
Franklin vs Tennessee? Given the history it would be a fun matchup. God knows what team shows up for Tennessee.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Penn State is a good team trending up with a ton of promising young talent that had their chance this year and blew it. I think a NY6 bowl against a fun team would be a drat good season considering they were basically a .500 team the last two years (yeah yeah, one of those was the COVID year but it still sucked). They soundly beat a bunch of solidly mid tier teams (Minnesota, Purdue, Maryland), lost huge to UM, and in usual fashion choked away a lead against OSU in the 4th quarter. A big improvement but I'd still say unless they prove otherwise in a bowl they are a lower top 10 team.

I think next years team will be really good. Most of the stars are young, and losing some players will be addition by subtraction (Clifford and Sutherland). We joke about Bo Nix being around forever but I believe Clifford may have been around even longer. The kids got heart but he's just not very good. Sutherland has actually started making some plays recently (against bad teams) but there have been a lot of losses where you can tell the other teams gameplan is basically just 'Find number 0 and go at him'. For some reason Franklin just absolutely loves the kid even starting him above Abdul-Carter (who has been flashing Micah Parsons-like attributes as a freshman) over him for most of the season.

On a side note I'm seeing a lot of headlines that Corum is going to be out against OSU in which case I don't like Michigan's chances. Apparently some Michigan player let it slip in an interview.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/RedditCFB/status/1594784691592302594?t=mvubzeJwyYiKWsw5deLZ2g&s=19

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Gaming out the possible scenarios for the Big 10 West is a fun use of like three hours worth of time.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

dirty shrimp money posted:

pre:
Delta	Team			Record	Score
+3	45. Oklahoma State	7-4	1.0412
-16	49. Oklahoma		6-5	0.9345
[/sub]

w-hat?

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

gently caress yeah, now make sure the players' names are in the worm script too.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Those better be the unis in Army Navy damnit

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Oh poo poo, that's a report error. Thanks for catching!

Syracuse dropped 16, OU +8. I'll repost.

e:
pre:
-12	45. Oklahoma State	7-4	1.0412
+8	49. Oklahoma		6-5	0.9345
-16	50. Syracuse		6-5	0.9242

dirty shrimp money fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Nov 21, 2022

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
There would be a really funny symmetry to TCU losing a playoff spot because they have to play a Big 12 title game this year, when the playoff era started with them (kind of, sort of) missing a chance at a playoff spot because they didn't have a title game to play in.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
pre:
-4	102. Rice		5-6	-1.5109
And yet still with another shot at bowl eligibility. We are responsible for one of those 3 Charlotte wins, though.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Penn State is a good team trending up with a ton of promising young talent that had their chance this year and blew it. I think a NY6 bowl against a fun team would be a drat good season considering they were basically a .500 team the last two years (yeah yeah, one of those was the COVID year but it still sucked). They soundly beat a bunch of solidly mid tier teams (Minnesota, Purdue, Maryland), lost huge to UM, and in usual fashion choked away a lead against OSU in the 4th quarter. A big improvement but I'd still say unless they prove otherwise in a bowl they are a lower top 10 team.

I think next years team will be really good. Most of the stars are young, and losing some players will be addition by subtraction (Clifford and Sutherland). We joke about Bo Nix being around forever but I believe Clifford may have been around even longer. The kids got heart but he's just not very good. Sutherland has actually started making some plays recently (against bad teams) but there have been a lot of losses where you can tell the other teams gameplan is basically just 'Find number 0 and go at him'. For some reason Franklin just absolutely loves the kid even starting him above Abdul-Carter (who has been flashing Micah Parsons-like attributes as a freshman) over him for most of the season.

On a side note I'm seeing a lot of headlines that Corum is going to be out against OSU in which case I don't like Michigan's chances. Apparently some Michigan player let it slip in an interview.

Agreed with all of this. I think either of the next two years could have the potential to be special assuming Allar continues to make positive leaps.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

nate fisher posted:

Franklin vs Tennessee? Given the history it would be a fun matchup. God knows what team shows up for Tennessee.

I'm not even sure if this is possible due to the tie-ins but gently caress that would be a really fun game.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/matt_fortuna/status/1594863147776708609?s=46&t=VDC1_zfwuptpU-2uViZMww

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

pfunkdaddy posted:

TRIBE FROM THE NORTH, BITCH!!

I didn't think UofI would make the playoffs again!

who cares how far they go, the vandal community needs any chunk of not sadness we can get right now

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

Hey, just wanna say I appreciate your polls and enjoy going through them every season.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Rectal Placenta posted:

Hey, just wanna say I appreciate your polls and enjoy going through them every season.

yeah same even if they are deeply disrespectful to the pac 12!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

yeah same even if they are deeply disrespectful to the pac 12!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like to keep an eye out to make sure Wisconsin is rightfully ranked ahead of Minnesota at all times

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Ohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboy

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Just making his way through the whole SEC.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

https://twitter.com/bobballousports/status/1594757311775621122?s=61&t=2MsiafHDhvIuHgGgHnR5Wg

hmm

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Warbird posted:

Ohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboy

https://twitter.com/lane_kiffin/status/1594870642595201024?s=46&t=ruokJVuRGMiO0xN_px8n1A

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

I bet if Virginia was bowl bound, they would have played.

Also, I think Lane can wind up somewhere better. Auburn must be one of the most delusional fanbases. A week ago, they were convinced they were hiring Franklin away from Penn State.

Komet fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Nov 22, 2022

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

https://twitter.com/Lane_Kiffin/status/1594881175683637254

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

lol whoops

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I love Lane. He’s good for college football.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
I really feel like Ole Miss to Auburn is a lateral move.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

Ehud posted:

I love Lane. He’s good for college football.

100%

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
lol Auburn pulling the hackiest move of all, running their best joke again to see if it still gets laughs

https://www.si.com/college/auburn/football/lane-kiffin-auburn-kiffin-makes-pine-box-comment-in-latest-press-conference

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/MattBrownEP/status/1594882648937209861

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Missed opportunity to call him Jon Suckalot, 5/10

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Gotta cram more microtransactions in

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Lane Kiffin is probably the closest thing we have to Spurrier

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Roasted Donut posted:

Gotta cram more microtransactions in

You have to actually pay the bagmen with actual money for recruiting

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

tactlessbastard posted:

I really feel like Ole Miss to Auburn is a lateral move.

Ole Miss last won the SEC in 1963.

Auburn has won the SEC 9 times, all of them after Ole Miss' last.

Auburn is a top 10ish job in all of CFB, Ole Miss is top 15-30.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

e: wrong thread

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Penisaurus Sex posted:

Auburn is a top 10ish job in all of CFB, Ole Miss is top 15-30.

EHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

OK so it made me think and I guess it's not quite as insane as it first seemed, I looked at the list and thought of 13 better (these are in no order because gently caress that level of argument)

Alabama
USC
Florida
Georgia
LSU
Michigan
Ohio State
Oklahoma
Oregon
Penn State
Texas
Texas A&M
Clemson

If Auburn's booster base wasn't so insanely toxic and their administration so ineffectual, they'd probably jump half these schools. Top 15 right now seems about right for Auburn.