Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Harald posted:

lol that twitter makes it difficult to sign off. you literally need to wait 30 days before you're signed off and even then that might not work. sign in to twitter you are in hell forever friend.

Like that's gonna deter me after I paid for the privilege to post here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Harald posted:

lol that twitter makes it difficult to sign off. you literally need to wait 30 days before you're signed off and even then that might not work. sign in to twitter you are in hell forever friend.

they seem to have copied their horseshit from facebook i guess?

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

must of been a good law suit and happy outcome

people are not citizens but amazon is

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

lol moderate wing just means right wing with a mask on hahahaha who is he trying to fool

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Libertarians

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Toxic Mental posted:

lol moderate wing just means right wing with a mask on hahahaha who is he trying to fool

That smug flabby gently caress in the sink window

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

A Republican by any other name.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Tell me it's a right wing takeover by telling me it's not a right wing takeover.

I'd be more uncomfortable working for someone like Musk than the unabashedly racist redneck bosses I"ve had.

Unperson_47 fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Nov 22, 2022

delightful
Jul 20, 2022
Elon please notice me sempai, I agree Twitter was overstaffed, Elon please notice me, you're a genius you've got social media figured out

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

fascism vs no tax and 13 year old brides.

oh.. and not either..

Wendigee fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Nov 22, 2022

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
i'm a moderate and i believe the left has gone too far and that's why i voted for donald trump twice also i let rightwing terrorists back on the platform i bought for the weed number but i also let back on a liberal comedian but who is to say which is worse

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

It's kinda nuts to know that a billionaire doesn't just buy a media company and turn mainstream media into his vision, but chooses to be an internet weirdo whining about being insulted by the mainstream media.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Quick - everyone fleeing to Mastodon - Watch this video!

quote:

Somewhere in a parallel universe, Mastodon already existed in the 1980s.

You will need a Modulator/De-modulator and telephone subscription.

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel

Comstar posted:

no OS/2 support :mad:

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

frumpykvetchbot posted:

no OS/2 support :mad:

OS/2 loving sucks anyway, use NT if you want better stability or just use 95 like the rest of humanity and deal with the cruft.

Or just get a Mac if you can navigate the maze of their product catalogue.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Can you imagine having a billion dollars

Actually scratch that, imagine having even "just" $100,000,000 and not just like sitting around in a dope loving mansion all day getting footrubs, eating lobster rolls and travelling the world a few times a year

The rich don't even know how to be rich

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

Toxic Mental posted:

Can you imagine having a billion dollars

Actually scratch that, imagine having even "just" $100,000,000 and not just like sitting around in a dope loving mansion all day getting footrubs, eating lobster rolls and travelling the world a few times a year

The rich don't even know how to be rich

I'd pay for all my friends debts and they would all have a free-ticket to come chill out with me whenever while I have enough money to pursue creative pursuits and publish novels nobody will ever care to read.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
id do a shitload of drugs

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

Nooner posted:

id do a shitload of drugs

lmao if you don't already

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave

SRQ posted:

lmao if you don't already

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I’d live in the same neighbourhood but buy all the houses on my little street and let friends and family come stay whenever for however long.

Also just do whatever gently caress working. Anyone who works when they don’t need to is a loathsome creature.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
Deleted my account. The owner joking with that libsoftiktok account plus the Colorado shooting - I don't want to advertise or create engagement on this poo poo platform.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Good news, if you can prove even the most mediocre of skills and a willingness to be hardcore and work for no money Ol' Musky will hire you over Twitter. Then you're free to browse internal systems, setup vulnerabilities, and otherwise be a liability with potentially little oversight. Someone please download the DMs

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012

Toxic Mental posted:

Regardless of what his actions clearly mark him as, it's clear that he likes to think of himself as an enlightened centrist. If you've ever had the displeasure of reading anything he's said about literally any political issue, he never has a take other than "perhaps both sides have a point, it's funny how nobody has ever considered that, maybe they should talk to me and I can help them work out their differences from my throne of ironic detachment and pure rationality".

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I don't think he actually believes that, it's just mealymouthed bullshit to keep people arguing while quietly pushing as much fascist policy as he can.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
I think he actually believes that, because he is very stupid

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Just found out the only reason Elon Musk didn't unban Alex Jones is because he personally had a child die in his arms. I feel bad for Musk about that but I don't understand how someone can be so insulated from tragedy that they can only empathize with victims of traumatic events if they themselves have been affected by it.

Then again he also slung accusations against someone for being a pedo with no evidence so he's a hypocrite too for using unfounded claims of child sexual abuse as a cudgel against an innocent person.

Unperson_47 fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Nov 22, 2022

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Unperson_47 posted:

Just found out the only reason Elon Musk didn't unban Alex Jones is because he personally had a child die in his arms. I feel bad for Musk about that but I don't understand how someone can be so insulated from tragedy that they can only empathize with victims of traumatic events if they themselves have been affected by it.

Their kid died in his ex-wife's arms after going braindead from SIDS, he's lying about that too

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Outrail posted:

So basically the opposite of this, but also kinda this?

Quick analogy, but basically think of it like an office and Aurora is bossing the servers around as employees. If something needs doing, it'll find a server that's free and dump that task on them. If a server's failing metrics, or just plain stops responding, it'll give it a talking to and a nice warm restart to get it going again. If something breaks, Aurora passes the task(s) the dud server had to another one to keep things smooth for the customers and logs a ticket to get someone to clean up and replace the dead server.

And the person dealing with the dead server is IT for people needing to set foot in the data center, by the sounds of it.

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012

Comstar posted:

Quick - everyone fleeing to Mastodon - Watch this video!

i'd just use this site

though i don't think it's quite ready for large amounts of traffic but it's pretty neat

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Unperson_47 posted:

Then again he also slung accusations against someone for being a pedo with no evidence so he's a hypocrite too for using unfounded claims of child sexual abuse as a cudgel against an innocent person.

That kid died in his ex-wife's arms and he called her "emotionally manipulative" for grieving.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

The line of the kid dying in his arms was also straight up stolen from his ex wife's writing

Can't believe I'm saying this but he is commiting deceased child stolen valor

boofhead
Feb 18, 2021

The Saddest Rhino posted:

The line of the kid dying in his arms was also straight up stolen from his ex wife's writing

elon musk will never stop posting his Loss.jpgs

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

boofhead posted:

elon musk will never stop posting his Loss.jpgs

Elon's unbans are making Twitter too loving crowded.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

MrQwerty posted:

Their kid died in his ex-wife's arms after going braindead from SIDS, he's lying about that too

Midnight Voyager posted:

That kid died in his ex-wife's arms and he called her "emotionally manipulative" for grieving.

The Saddest Rhino posted:

What the gently caress? How can this dude get any loving worse. jesus christ

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Unperson_47 posted:

What the gently caress

Chernobyl baby
Jul 19, 2011
It should have been obvious that story is fake because Elon has never and will never embrace his children

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

Unperson_47 posted:

What the gently caress? How can this dude get any loving worse. jesus christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

https://twitter.com/lawfulspice/status/1594817776992010240

edit: you have to load it on the site to get the side by side video/image