Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Professor Wayne posted:

I haven't seen it yet, but it's pretty standard in DB movies for Krillin to get dunked on way harder than the show or manga

I am aware, but this may come as a surprise to you if you haven’t seen the movie but Krillin does pretty ok in Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero.

Anyway, disappointing to learn that several people in this thread have not seen the newest movie because it was very good and well worth watching.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I am aware, but this may come as a surprise to you if you haven’t seen the movie but Krillin does pretty ok in Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero.

Anyway, disappointing to learn that several people in this thread have not seen the newest movie because it was very good and well worth watching.

I wanted to go see it but the local viewing times were dreadful, really looking forward to actually getting a chance to see it whener it finally gets a streaming release

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Electric Phantasm posted:

Piccolo should breath fire to go with his stretchy arms he remembers now.

He needs to start spitting up eggs that become weird monster children

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

SyntheticPolygon posted:

It's easily the second best of the four new movies, yeah.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Super Hero is really good and also as far away from Toyotaro’s style as possible which is why I’m dreading how bad his adaptation will be

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
edit: reading comprehension is hard

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

drrockso20 posted:

Wrong, he needs to fuse with someone and THEN spit out an egg, extend the family by creating a ton of half-Namekian super freak kids with all the other Z-Fighters

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I had Covid while it was local.. so that was great. I desperately need it to come out streaming somewhere so I can finally loving watch it.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

RevolverDivider posted:

Super Hero is really good and also as far away from Toyotaro’s style as possible which is why I’m dreading how bad his adaptation will be

goku's gonna come in at the end solve everything himself

PunishedEnzoMatrix
Jul 29, 2022

by Hand Knit

drrockso20 posted:

But he already has Gohan as his weird monster child

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

PunishedEnzoMatrix posted:

But he already has Gohan as his weird monster child

You can give him Goten to, give him something to do

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Thinking on the manga-only stuff, I just realized that the discrepancy of Beerus' use of 'Ultra Instinct' during the Zen Exhibition Match actually lines up with the Tournament of Power - he was using the same False UI that Roshi showed against Jiren. Makes me wonder if a later arc for Beerus is Freiza overcoming him and forcing him to improve enough to use Omen or true UI alongside his permanent Ultra Ego state.

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

Release the Super Hero blu-ray world wide already, you cowards.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I saw Super Hero subbed alone in a Regal and it was incredible

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Black August posted:

Thinking on the manga-only stuff, I just realized that the discrepancy of Beerus' use of 'Ultra Instinct' during the Zen Exhibition Match actually lines up with the Tournament of Power - he was using the same False UI that Roshi showed against Jiren. Makes me wonder if a later arc for Beerus is Freiza overcoming him and forcing him to improve enough to use Omen or true UI alongside his permanent Ultra Ego state.

That isn't the case at all. Roshi specifically can't use Ultra Instinct, what he was using was something similar born from his years of fighting experience but without a godly element to it. Beerus can use the real deal, but he can't keep it up consistently because he doesn't have the clarity of mind needed for it. It's closer to Goku's Sign but not quite that either, I interpreted it as a more refined Sign but not a complete Ultra Instinct like Whis'.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Blaze Dragon posted:

That isn't the case at all. Roshi specifically can't use Ultra Instinct, what he was using was something similar born from his years of fighting experience but without a godly element to it. Beerus can use the real deal, but he can't keep it up consistently because he doesn't have the clarity of mind needed for it. It's closer to Goku's Sign but not quite that either, I interpreted it as a more refined Sign but not a complete Ultra Instinct like Whis'.

Yeah exactly, without a godly element to it, but still understanding its zen fundamentals, so a 'pale imitation'. But still working like the real deal, since it actually worked against Jiren! Where Beerus' issue is like you said, focus and not power, so he's in the same conceptual space in my take, defeating the other Destroyers by going ultimate martial artist, but never quite achieving the level Goku manages when Roshi's example allows him to find the necessary state of mind. I like that martial arts keeps proving to be U7's ultimate edge over the other factions.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Black August posted:

If Ultra Ego works for Beerus and Champa like it does for Vegeta, I am now trying to picture what they look like outside of it

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Shinji2015 posted:

If Ultra Ego works for Beerus and Champa like it does for Vegeta, I am now trying to picture what they look like outside of it

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Black August posted:

See, the thing that bothers me about Ultra Ego as a power of Hakaishin is that Beerus doesn't really try to get hit. If anything, he usually gets mad when he gets hit and immediately ends the fight. And it's never portrayed as "Oh, he got stronger from being struck", but "Oh, he's mad and now he's going to stop dicking around".

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Black August posted:

I saw Super Hero subbed alone in a Regal and it was incredible

I went with a friend and there were maybe 10 people in the theater maximum.

10/10 would do again.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

See, the thing that bothers me about Ultra Ego as a power of Hakaishin is that Beerus doesn't really try to get hit. If anything, he usually gets mad when he gets hit and immediately ends the fight. And it's never portrayed as "Oh, he got stronger from being struck", but "Oh, he's mad and now he's going to stop dicking around".

I mean, yeah that makes sense but really Vegeta made a form that specifically functions as the opposite of Kakarot’s that happens to also channel destroyer god power, because Toriyama/Toyotaro thought Old School Vegeta was cooler than cool* while forgetting the fact that old school Vegeta also liked to talk poo poo and get hit.

*they’re right tbf.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

So it's like a good version of Ultra Ego?

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Probably helps that Beerus isn't a Saiyan that lives for getting the poo poo beat out of him

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013
I mean aside from that one time in the manga I didn't read, have we even seen Beerus trying?

Maybe he gets stronger from getting hit with stuff strong enough to matter to him. We wouldn't know.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
p. sure "Ultra Ego" is not why Beerus and Champa are purple, and probably doesn't have much to do with them altogether. It's best not to think too much about it because none of it lines up.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

What's it been, three months since a chapter update? Didn't expect them to put a freeze on things for so long.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

The chapter is coming out on December apparently.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

White Light posted:

What's it been, three months since a chapter update? Didn't expect them to put a freeze on things for so long.

It's the best thing they've done with the manga yet

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN
I've been jumping around in the thread, does anyone else have a suspision that Frieza Black is Zamasu?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Pneub posted:

I've been jumping around in the thread, does anyone else have a suspision that Frieza Black is Zamasu?

No.

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES

Pneub posted:

not gonna lie to y'all, I want this purely because of how hilarious it would be

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Pneub posted:

No

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

:wom:
Lipstick Apathy
No, and I will not be watching your 2 1/2 hour YouTube video on the subject.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN
I'm not saying I like the idea, just reporting the facts.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

I don’t know how on earth anybody could come to that conclusion

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

He was confused because of the "Black" but everyone knows it's Goku Black and Black Frieza, a massive difference in positioning. Facts is facts

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

freeza is a sadist. if he's killing someone who has no chance of fighting back, that's freeza

zamasu is a masochist. if he's trying to goad you into beating him to the brink of death so he can zenkai boost, that's zamasu

if one of them had the other's personality, you'd know right away

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Pneub posted:

not a single soul

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

Skeleton Mom posted:

freeza is a sadist. if he's killing someone who has no chance of fighting back, that's freeza

zamasu is a masochist. if he's trying to goad you into beating him to the brink of death so he can zenkai boost, that's zamasu

if one of them had the other's personality, you'd know right away

what if Vegeta tricks Freeza into learning Ultra Ego

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Lunatic Sledge posted:

what if Vegeta tricks Freeza into learning Ultra Ego

Then Frieza would no longer be a threat so it’s moot