Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

TheFluff posted:

normally the "lol stockholm" comments are well deserved but this time it's been snowing more or less constantly for 48 hours, and you cannot in fact clear snow before it's fallen

You start before it falls with sand or salt on major roads, then once it starts you keep clearing major roads and then minor ones.

Source: am Canadian

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invalido
Dec 28, 2005

BICHAELING

Rust Martialis posted:

You start before it falls with sand or salt on major roads, then once it starts you keep clearing major roads and then minor ones.

Source: am Canadian

I grew up in the north where every winter saw major snowfall. My hometown probably had five times the amount of snow clearing equipment per km of road on standby every winter compared to Stockholm, because it made economical sense even if costly. Every street even the small residential ones would be normally be cleared at least once within 12 hours or so. When I lived in uppsala and there was a real blizzard my street was left more or less unpassable for four or five days.

Nostalgamus
Sep 28, 2010

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

cinci zoo sniper posted:

This was so bizarre to hear about, when I lived in Sweden. Uppsala seemed to handle the snow perfectly fine, comparatively. I guess it’s also much smaller, but it’s still your default old European city with road planning for a traffic of 3 horse carts. :shrug:
Contingency planning costs money

TheFluff posted:

normally the "lol stockholm" comments are well deserved but this time it's been snowing more or less constantly for 48 hours, and you cannot in fact clear snow before it's fallen
The infrasutructure-knower has logged on.

Invalido posted:

When I lived in uppsala and there was a real blizzard my street was left more or less unpassable for four or five days.
It's hilarious because some streets will get cleared multiple times before others get a single pass. I once paid a friend to plow a metric shitton of snow from a bike lane + sidewalk back into the street and watching raging drivers the next morning was glorious.

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Or put heating in the streets to melt it off.
You laugh but all the city centre roads with a good grade and bus traffic have this.

teen witch posted:

Men

Men

Om krisen eller kriget kommer???
One thing covid's taught a bunch of us is that Help Isn't Coming.

evil_bunnY fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Nov 21, 2022

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

https://www.dr.dk/nyheder/seneste/belgien-konfiskerer-saa-meget-kokain-de-mangler-kapacitet-til-braende-den

Gedt
Oct 3, 2007

teen witch posted:

But like even here in Eskilstuna we’ve had a far too many scrambly incidents of “you mean the snow can come here too?”, not to mention public transit collapsing the moment a flake is spotted.

Yeah, its what? 3cm of snow here?

Sörmlandstrafiken is acting like its 3dm.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

evil_bunnY posted:

You laugh but all the city centre roads with a good grade and bus traffic have this.
I was being entirely serious.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

Invalido posted:

Last time it snowed like this in Stockholm was 2015. It's rare but it happens. I wish there were protocols in place to shut down non-essential societal functions until there's time to clear the streets and get the buses and trains working again but that would require political leadership and coordination.

Still, every winter when the first 2cm of snow comes people drive on summer tires and chaos ensues which is our own drat fault end deserving of ridicule.

lol a colleague went to her vacation house over the weekend. With Summer tires. Let's just say she did not turn up at work, but by gosh, the weather reports were very clear.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

lilljonas posted:

lol a colleague went to her vacation house over the weekend. With Summer tires. Let's just say she did not turn up at work, but by gosh, the weather reports were very clear.

I was too lazy to swap from winter to summer tyres, and look who's laughing now. :smug:

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy

THE BAR posted:

I was too lazy to swap from winter to summer tyres, and look who's laughing now. :smug:

Get an eighties Volvo and go summer tires all year round with your piece of poo poo veteran car. Check mate winterliures :smuggo:

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

evil_bunnY posted:

There was a place I livet that had this, but only in front of Vinmonopolet.

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

Everyone just get all-season tires and stop pretending that southern Scandinavia has harsh enough winters and warm enough summers that trying to min/max your tire performance is worth the effort and costs. Stay home or use public transport in the rare event of significant snow (do this even if you have winter tires).

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Hibernate like you're a loving bear.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Alhazred posted:

I'd hate to wake up with four hungry kids in my bed.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Alhazred posted:

Do you work for the government?

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Jack Trades posted:

Do you work for the government?

I work for the bears.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

I knew Nets was bad, but holy poo poo. Give it up for market solutions.

https://www.dr.dk/nyheder/indland/et-monument-over-inkompetence-rapport-afsloerer-alvorlige-sikkerhedsfejl-foer

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
Not fair that the South gets snow and doesn't even appreciate it, and I'm stuck here with a forecast in the plus degrees and haven't had my skis on once in loving late November. Really starting to think this climate change thing was a bad idea.

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy

Alhazred posted:

I work for the bears.

Shine on you crazy diamond.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

big scary monsters posted:

Not fair that the South gets snow and doesn't even appreciate it, and I'm stuck here with a forecast in the plus degrees and haven't had my skis on once in loving late November. Really starting to think this climate change thing was a bad idea.

Up here in parts of Northern Norway we've had no snow but still have thin layer of white everywhere from frozen humidity. Don't think I've ever experienced this lasting for more than a day and it's been a week now.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
https://twitter.com/myrannosaurus/status/1595115352719265793?s=46&t=iwuPHcSfA5ALyBTlO_gKow

My local ica sells Semlor still.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

And that ica is?

Kevin Bacon
Sep 22, 2010

Vafaen

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

teen witch posted:

And that ica is?

The same ica that killed Adolf Fredrik.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

EL and Ĺ are officially out of negotiations.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

What grotesque demands could they possibly have imposed on poor A?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

THE BAR posted:

What grotesque demands could they possibly have imposed on poor A?

Continued service as a footstool.

vuk83
Oct 9, 2012
Get ready for corydon 2, reform harder.
Su as lån, gently caress dig på overførselsindkomst. Use all your energy rearranging the upper chairs i sundhedsvæsenet, without a new nurse in sight. More hockeystav, and please somebody think of the farmers. Its going to be awful, and its going to be worse.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

teen witch posted:

And that ica is?

Vega, in Haninge. It’s a weird one, but perfectly serviceable and just two minutes from the front door.

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever

BigglesSWE posted:

Vega, in Haninge. It’s a weird one, but perfectly serviceable and just two minutes from the front door.

The ica in Sickla has semlor too i think.

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

Glöm det, Janne. Det är semlastan.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

Ok so interest rates are up from 0.75 to 2% overnight, no energy compensation for 2022, the 10 SEK lower gas price promise became 0.17 SEK, and now the tax on ISK is getting more than doubled next year.

It's like the right are actively trolling their voters non stop right now, I love it.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

lilljonas posted:

Ok so interest rates are up from 0.75 to 2% overnight, no energy compensation for 2022, the 10 SEK lower gas price promise became 0.17 SEK, and now the tax on ISK is getting more than doubled next year.

It's like the right are actively trolling their voters non stop right now, I love it.

Are you telling me the right campaigned on hatred and fear of the other as they promised Good Times Ahead and somehow made everything shittier at record speed?

the *same* right wing narrative that continuously fails people globally? and they fell for it?

no!

Well here’s hoping Ulf will adopt some measures to help us out, I better go Google “Ulf Kristersson Adoption” and I’m sure they’ll be an answ-

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

teen witch posted:

Are you telling me the right campaigned on hatred and fear of the other as they promised Good Times Ahead and somehow made everything shittier at record speed?

the *same* right wing narrative that continuously fails people globally? and they fell for it?

no!

Well here’s hoping Ulf will adopt some measures to help us out, I better go Google “Ulf Kristersson Adoption” and I’m sure they’ll be an answ-

Svantesson's next press conference:

There was just a tiny typo in our campaigning, no biggie. You see, you thought you voted for

"Financial pork for the middle class!
Absolutely no tax increases!"

But of course it should have read:

"Financial pork for the middle class?`
Absolutely no, tax increases!"

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Who are these borgare policies even supposed to appeal to?

I feel like they're screwing all the classes at the same time. Even the millionaire classes can't even collect their free 50k with their Tesla purchases.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

Feliday Melody posted:

Who are these borgare policies even supposed to appeal to?

I feel like they're screwing all the classes at the same time. Even the millionaire classes can't even collect their free 50k with their Tesla purchases.

It's a mess. But not unexpected given that the four parties don't even agree on a lot of very basic policy, including economy and fincancial policy. It's easy to think that right wing = money to the rich, but even there there's a gamut of opinions of WHO should be prioritized, and HOW that money should be sucked out from the rest of the population. Add a financial drought the coming 2-3 years and the need for prioritizing makes those contradictions stand out so much clearer.

It will be interesting to see if this will have an effect on their support, or if people are prepared to be disappointed as long as brown skinned people at least get a worse deal.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

lilljonas posted:

It's a mess. But not unexpected given that the four parties don't even agree on a lot of very basic policy, including economy and fincancial policy. It's easy to think that right wing = money to the rich, but even there there's a gamut of opinions of WHO should be prioritized, and HOW that money should be sucked out from the rest of the population. Add a financial drought the coming 2-3 years and the need for prioritizing makes those contradictions stand out so much clearer.

It will be interesting to see if this will have an effect on their support, or if people are prepared to be disappointed as long as brown skinned people at least get a worse deal.

People have argued that you can't satisfy the racist working class just by hurting minorities. That in the end you need to actually give them something.

I am personally not convinced of this. If the American elections have taught us anything. It's that very racist people will accept incredible amounts of punishment as long as you punish minorities 5 times worse. That's value for money even.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

teen witch posted:

Hahahahaha

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Feliday Melody posted:

People have argued that you can't satisfy the racist working class just by hurting minorities. That in the end you need to actually give them something.

I am personally not convinced of this. If the American elections have taught us anything. It's that very racist people will accept incredible amounts of punishment as long as you punish minorities 5 times worse. That's value for money even.

While this is true, there's also the fact that some voters don't understand complex problems and solutions. This is the kind of people who have low income jobs or no job at all, who, very logically believe that lower taxes means more money for them. It makes sense because some part of their paycheck is taxes, and if that part read smaller, they would have a bigger number. But it also doesn't make sense for more complex reasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

Feliday Melody posted:

Surely what's been taught is that people respond to simple, vague but uplifting messages (Hope & Change! MAGA!) from people with some kind of charisma who tell them that they're fine people and things are going to be better. Contrarily, they don't like it so much when skinsuit androids tell them they suck poo poo and should prepare for pain.