Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Inspired me to take a look at some Other Country domino's locations.

Vietnam

China

Taiwan

Japan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn
Chinese charcoal pizza has a very threatening aura

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i'd like extra Debris on mine.

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Captain Hygiene posted:

Domino's is poo poo tier even among the crappy national chains. This is based upon my own experience, and is therefore the only acceptable opinion.

:yossame:

AARD VARKMAN posted:

Vietnam

China

Taiwan

Japan

would, wouldn't, maybe, would, would, would

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

hosed-Up Little Dog posted:

Domino's in the UK is inexplicably the most expensive fast-food option available and now somehow continues to compete with cheap kebab shops doing them for a fifth the price and hipster gourmet places using truffle oil and blue cheese etc which are also still cheaper than Domino's.

The only scenario where Domino's is the correct choice is to make use of stolen credit cards anywhere in the country and I'm convinced this is Domino's main source of business

That's weird. Here, Domino's is by far the cheapest out of anything (besides little ceasars maybe) including, especially, local places. They have a non-stop two for $6.99 each deal on their website. I think it just went up recently from $5.99 that they had forever. So I get wings and a medium pizza for $15. Pizza Hut would probably be $20 and a local place $30.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdjQyB3aRS0

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
I just checked the local Domino's, and their Margherita looks like a sad wasteland of cheese with no tomato in sight and no loving basil, all while being 0.5€ more expensive than the Neapolitan Pizza place that makes an awesome Margherita.

And yes, I judge Pizza places by their Margherita.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Antigravitas posted:

And yes, I judge Pizza places by their Margherita.

It's a decent thing to judge. If you gently caress up a margherita pizza then something isn't right.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

The China one looks like opium.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

"Better pair this terrible pizza with some activated charcoal."

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Brazilian Dominoes seems downright tame

also :rip: this guy from Spain's pizza

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

AARD VARKMAN posted:

Brazilian Dominoes seems downright tame

Nope. I don't believe it. :colbert:

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
those sad things are in dire need of a Mestre's deft touch.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

As someone who lives somewhere with a lot of great local pizza joints I'll still get a pizza hut pizza once in a blue moon. Sometimes you just want a salty as hell za with a stuffed crust. Dominos just makes extremely ordinary pizzas so there's not much reason to get them if you've got good local places.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Azerbaijan

India

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

The Moon Monster posted:

As someone who lives somewhere with a lot of great local pizza joints I'll still get a pizza hut pizza once in a blue moon. Sometimes you just want a salty as hell za with a stuffed crust. Dominos just makes extremely ordinary pizzas so there's not much reason to get them if you've got good local places.

Half the price at least.

That's literally the only reason I get Domino's. I'm right in between Milwaukee and Chicago and we have very good pizza here. But god drat is it expensive. I get local stuff quite often though because... well, it's better.

edit: sometimes I'll have to get pizza hut exclusively for the stuffed crust. I love it so much. Less bread, more cheese. Yeah sign me up.

edit2: This is my local go-to for delivery. It's kinda of a dirty/trashy place but they put out some good poo poo sometimes. A 14" with no toppings is $15. It's the cheapest place in the city. We got 100k+ population here and a whole lot of places that make pizza.

https://derangoskenosha.com/menu

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Nov 22, 2022

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

AARD VARKMAN posted:

Never been a big Domino's fan. Their white sauce/thin crust is decent I guess

I like their pan pizza too but everything else I can pretty much say just isn't that good for what you pay. You have to play coupon queen to get your money's worth.

I don't like their regular crust at all.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

The trick to Domino's is to get a pan pizza and ask for it to be well done so it gets extra cook time and goes really crispy.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

SulfurMonoxideCute posted:

The trick to Domino's is to get a pan pizza and ask for it to be well done so it gets extra cook time and goes really crispy.

pro mode strat. this is only way i get stuff from them.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Oh just a quick note, I don't know the math but increasing 1" of a pizza size can be exponentially more of a value depending on how much it costs. A lot of places just do like $1-2 extra for another inch or two and the surface area increases a lot.

I'm not about to look it up but I read that before. I'm not good at maths.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Oh just a quick note, I don't know the math but increasing 1" of a pizza size can be exponentially more of a value depending on how much it costs. A lot of places just do like $1-2 extra for another inch or two and the surface area increases a lot.

I'm not about to look it up but I read that before. I'm not good at maths.

Ah, the Pizza Pi rule.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Domino's 3-topping for $7.99 is basically unbeatable. Way better quality than Costco or Little Caesar's but still cheap as hell.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Costco pizza is good sorry. Also I have a soft spot for stuffed crust as well. Something about it hits a trashy place inside

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

gently caress you Pizza Hut bring back Quepapas, hadn’t ordered pizza from them just shitload of papas everytime

Liquid Chicken
Jan 25, 2005

GOOP
Have we covered any of the store bought pizzas?

While I actually like Stouffer's Pizza my mouth can't take the damage. I dare someone to eat a two pack of these every day for a month. The flesh from the inside of your mouth will be the extra topping.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJsayjeYp9A&t=50s

I didn't realize this wasn't common lol. To be fair, Woodman's might be a bit of an anomaly because they are very large. But the store I go to has a full 50 foot (I can't judge distance well) aisle of pizza which is at least half of what Woodman's has.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Liquid Chicken posted:

Have we covered any of the store bought pizzas?

While I actually like Stouffer's Pizza my mouth can't take the damage. I dare someone to eat a two pack of these every day for a month. The flesh from the inside of your mouth will be the extra topping.

Oh yeah, those French bread ones in particular are rough. I've had a pack of the Red Baron ones sitting in the freezer for 6+ months because they always seem like a great idea at the store, then when I'm at home I just think to myself do I really want to subject my mouth to crusty toaster oven bread?

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Soul Dentist posted:

Costco pizza is good sorry. Also I have a soft spot for stuffed crust as well. Something about it hits a trashy place inside

It's big, and it's cheap, and it's extremely calorie dense, and I do often get slices there, but let's not get nuts with "good"

It is trash, and trash has its place

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I have no stake in this argument, but that's the kind of statement that gets you invaded by the costco thread :ohdear:

Legin Noslen
Sep 9, 2004
Fortified with Rhiboflavin
Dominos would be okay if their pepperoni didn't taste like sliced hippy feet

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

you talkin' to me Sheriff?

oh... I thought you was talkin' to me.

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Legin Noslen posted:

Dominos would be okay if their pepperoni didn't taste like sliced hippy feet

Their pepperoni is weird. I agree. What is the deal with that?

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

AARD VARKMAN posted:

Japan

See this looks okay, a bit too much cheese and not cooked long enough but I feel like its a trick and theres some weird sauce under that cheese, like japanese mayo

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I might just be the recent 1 kilo cheese pizza which was exactly what the description says.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

I'd absolutely get down on this. You can never have enough cheese.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLgUjI_AJwQ

edit: Apparently here's some insane lady putting Dijon mustard on top of it for some reason

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvXgsyQDMxY&t=125s

Wisconsin: Not ALL bad, just mostly. At least they have this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kV6hJlP5yQ

Toxic Mental fucked around with this message at 10:34 on Nov 22, 2022

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Pennywise the Frown posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJsayjeYp9A&t=50s

I didn't realize this wasn't common lol. To be fair, Woodman's might be a bit of an anomaly because they are very large. But the store I go to has a full 50 foot (I can't judge distance well) aisle of pizza which is at least half of what Woodman's has.

Huh. I have three Woodman's near me, and yeah, they're all huge. I hate going to them because it means you will lose an hour of your life, minimum, even if you're trying to buy a handful of things. I dunno if it's just a Woodman's thing, though. Most grocery stores have an entire aisle dedicated to frozen pizza from what I've seen, even in other states.

yugioh mishima
Oct 22, 2020

shrimp, crab sticks, fish eggs, broccoli, undercooked white onion, sweet mayonnaise. if they’ve put honey on that too (which is unfortunately possible) it’s like every common taiwan pizza crime in one pie. actually sort of
impressive. but no, i would not eat it. that 1kg cheese pizza, on the other hand…

itry
Aug 23, 2019

1kg of cheese is definitely too much cheese.

What's this red stuff and why is it there?

quote:

India

:barf:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

itry posted:

1kg of cheese is definitely too much cheese.

Username does not check out

itry
Aug 23, 2019

I'd try a slice, sure. But that'd be a mere 125 grams of cheese.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Captain Hygiene posted:

Oh yeah, those French bread ones in particular are rough. I've had a pack of the Red Baron ones sitting in the freezer for 6+ months because they always seem like a great idea at the store, then when I'm at home I just think to myself do I really want to subject my mouth to crusty toaster oven bread?

Life jack... Cook it then wrap it in plastic wrap for like 3 minutes and let the steam soften the crust a little