Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Major Isoor posted:

Oh good god, I finally had the "wait, I already own that?!" moment with Steam. I was looking on the Steam store and found that I somehow already own Lego The Hobbit, as well as the complete Star Wars saga. No idea how - no record of them in my purchase history, so I guess it came from a bundle. Either way, drat - I guess I'm gonna be playing that soon! :D

Also, nice job Plebian Parasite - nearly got yourself a century! I hope you can clean up another three games by the end of the year

My resolution this year was 'beat 100 games' now that it's nearly done and dusted, I think my resolution for next year might be 'play better games'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Plebian Parasite posted:

My resolution this year was 'beat 100 games' now that it's nearly done and dusted, I think my resolution for next year might be 'play better games'.

lmao

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Plebian Parasite posted:

lol

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Plebian Parasite posted:

lol

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Plebian Parasite posted:

Overwatch 2 awaits, christ like, with open arms

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Plebian Parasite posted:

hahah yeah that's fair enough! :D Well good luck with next year, then!

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/zh_switch/status/1594116689427300352?s=46&t=qwofA3gcOcYfTX4Jy3R5Cw

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
38+ LEGO City Undercover: The Chase Begins (100% Completion)

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Mamkute posted:

lmfao bro youy are mentally unwell

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Mamkute posted:

THANK you

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Mamkute posted:

my man

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

That Little Demon posted:

lmfao bro youy are mentally unwell

who’s the mentally unwell one? the gamer who racks up win after win in uncharted gaming territory or the myriad haters spending their limited gaming hours on this earth instead throwing stones from the sidelines?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol that the only thing on Mamkute’s rap sheet in four years is Larry doubting his games beat.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Resident Evil 2 Remake Leon 2nd Standard. A godlike pillar of gaming, I'll probably revisit this game occasionally for the next 20 years of my life.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Lol that the only thing on Mamkute’s rap sheet in four years is Larry doubting his games beat.

He absolutely pwned my rear end for it too.

----------------

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

honestly despite his predilection toward weird bargain bin and children's games, mamkute seems to have a very pure love for games. i' m happy for him, but i do also get pissed off whne he doesn't 100% the games. thanks for going back to finish up Lego GTA dude.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Mamkute posted:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Spoderman posted:

who’s the mentally unwell one? the gamer who racks up win after win in uncharted gaming territory or the myriad haters spending their limited gaming hours on this earth instead throwing stones from the sidelines?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Bayonetta 3

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Spoderman posted:

Yep, never doubt Mamkute!

1) Heavy Rain
2) Hitman 3
3) Detroit: Become Human
4) A Legionary's Life
5) Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts 2
6) Armoured Commander II
7) DEADBOLT
8) Shadowrun: Hong Kong + 'Shadows of Hong Kong' bonus campaign
9) Gun Mute
10) A Plague Tale: Innocence
11) Hotline Miami
12) Batman: Arkham Knight
13) Intravenous
14) The Hong Kong Massacre
15) Shadwen
16) The Dark Pictures: House of Ashes
17) The Dark Pictures: Man of Medan
18) The Dark Pictures: Little Hope
19) The Quarry (all main characters survived)

This one wasn't too bad. Pretty cheesy stereotypical horror movie style perhaps, but I didn't mind it! In my playthrough Dylan lost a hand, all members of the Hackett family aside from Travis died, but all main characters including Laura and Max suvived. I didn't get all the collectibles because eh, but I got enough that it appeared to help contribute towards getting (probably) the most positive ending.

Ah well, onto game #20! Maybe one of the Lego games like The Hobbit one, perhaps? Not sure if I'll bother 100%ing it like Mamkute though, heh :D It's been a long time since I bothered doing that with a Lego game

EDIT: Hmm, maybe not the Hobbit one that I've got already, actually. Apparently it only has 2/3 of the films' worth of content? That's a shame! I might need to do something else and get the LOTR one on sale eventually, perhaps

Major Isoor fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Nov 20, 2022

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Spoderman posted:

Thanks Pablo and Sub-Actuality for the great sigs!

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Spoderman posted:

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Spoderman posted:

:hai:

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Spoderman posted:

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Spoderman posted:

also i beat yakuza like a dragon. incredible gaming

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bayonetta 3

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Dragon Quest

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

98) Batman: Arkham Asylum

My two major gripes with the game are that the boss battles are a lot less interesting than I remember and you spend like half the game in detective mode, other than that it holds up really well. Still like City better, though.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

1. Returnal (True ending):
2. Katamari Damacy:
3. The Last of Us 2:
4. Demon Souls Remake:
5. Elden Ring:
6. Marvel's Spider-Man:
7. Batman: Arkham Asylum:
8. Batman: Arkham City: It fixes every issue I had with Arkham Asylum and improves on everything else with big changes or neat QoL stuff. Really really good game. The only small change I'd make is being able to switch off counter indicators without needing to be on NG+
9. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D: It was fun to play this because it's such a big part of gaming history but I don't think it's aged very well. I'd only really play it if you wanted to play all the Zelda games.
10. Psychonauts 2: It really feels like a sequel to a PS2 game but with much better visuals.
11 Disco Elysium: The Final Cut:
12. Bowser's Fury:
13. Prey:
14. Luigi's Mansion 3:
15. Horizon: Zero Dawn: Enjoyed this more than I expected after the early going. It's definitely an Ubisoft style sandbox but the machines, cool setting, controlling enemies, and some other stuff gave it enough unique qualities that I stuck with it. The early combat is a bit lame as it mainly involves knocking over machines with heavy attack and then using the downed strike. Human enemies were the same except you'd spend some time headshotting them with the bow to thin numbers first. The later more powerful machines were pretty fun to fight. It took time to figure them out and the best way to deal with them, what they were weak to and what components to try and aim for. You also had more weapons which game decent options to take them on. I especially liked aiming to take off cannons on super powerful enemies then being able to use those yourself to own them. Or sneaking in to brainwash one enemy and starting a fracas that let you run by or focus down the nastier opponents.
I checked out of the story kind of early on after the "who is Aloy's mother" stuff became very obvious to the player but not the characters, and I didn't care too much about whatever apocalypse happened. Though the latter story element I ended up liking because I thought they did a good job with the backstory on it. I thought it was effective how people had accidentally ended the world and not realised it for years and just had to hopelessly accept that by the time they did realise it was already over.
3/5

Thanks Pablo and Sub-Actuality for the great sigs!

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
Weird West- a twin stick shooter that has some light rpg elements. the story set up was cool where you inhabit 5 different characters throughout the game and play out their storylines one by one. has some elements of the original fallouts buy only slightly. some aspects of the game didn't really feel that fleshed out and/or were annoying, nothing major by themselves but stacked up it did make things tedious especially towards the end. travel time, hopping back and forth to buy/upgrade things, multiple areas that had nothing of interest to check out, ect. wish it was a sale purchase, its meh.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

58) Dragon Quest

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

dragonquest 1 baby.

----------------

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

oh yeah, dreagon quest. i keep forgetting to update both threads

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
I beat Crosscode yesterday. Good game, really like it.
Some of the puzzles and enemy gimmicks can be a bit annoying but it's overall really great.

Doing the DLC next.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

My most played game lately is NES Pinball (wish they’d put the GBA library on Swinch already. Don’t wanna dig out my Wii U Pad for R/S Pinball) so probably that next.

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

40. The Wonderful 101 (Normal).

Amazing game. So much fun in the design, characters, dialogue. I struggled with some of the mini games where you're e.g. flying ships, but I think they really added to the game with additional variety. This game was clearly made with a lot of love and they had fun making it. There are some enemies that I still don't think I really know how to fight correctly, like some of the fast-moving tigers in the second part of the game. I'm gonna have to come back and try to get better rankings on some of the missions, find more of the secrets in the future. Loved it.

Arch Nemesis fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Nov 22, 2022

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Dragon Quest

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
stray

cute game, neat world but not enough of like, being a cat. no one’s mad that i knock poo poo over and scratch things. still really good tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Arch Nemesis posted:

40. The Wonderful 101 (Normal).

Amazing game. So much fun in the design, characters, dialogue. I struggled with some of the mini games where you're e.g. flying ships, but I think they really added to the game with additional variety. This game was clearly made with a lot of love and they had fun making it. There are some enemies that I still don't think I really know how to fight correctly, like some of the fast-moving tigers in the second part of the game. I'm gonna have to come back and try to get better rankings on some of the missions, find more of the secrets in the future. Loved it.

How many wonderful ones did you end up with?