Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Awaken to your true self with Wisconsin Potatoes
Grimey Drawer

pseudanonymous posted:

Tell us how you want to win the game.

Uh, "Many Knights, Handle It" hope for no board wipes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Nerdlord Actual posted:

卄乇ㄥㄥ ㄚ乇卂卄 乃尺ㄖㄒ卄乇尺

Nerdlord Actual posted:

Goons, need some help with this one.

https://www.moxfield.com/decks/uBYnLZYmO0O-OARcbk5DAQ

This is having trouble getting off the ground and I want it to work well. I did get proxies of the most expensive stuff in here, so that's not an issue, i just have problems getting an engine going. Thoughts?

Replace one of the wraths with Winds of Abandon and consider only keeping Winds + Harsh Mercy. Replace the 3cmc mana rock with the BW Talisman. Look into maybe adding Stillmoon Cavalier and Vona, Butcher of Magan. Find room for Path to Exile. Replace (or supplement) Unbreakable Formation with Flawless Maneuver. Find room for Akroma's Will. Herald's Horn, Eldrazi Monument, and Coat of Arms might all be good. Gideon, Ally of Zendikar makes 2/2 Knights. You might want two or three more lands. Some of your Knights are marginal as well. Maybe the black and white elemental knights (the Cavaliers) might be worth playing. Gideon's Phalanx and Call the Cavalry seem bad. Maybe some card draw would be good. I think Black had a good tribal one, Pact of the Serpent?

Vona's Hunger might be a nice pseudo-wrath. Haunting Voyage and/or Patriarch's Bidding to rebuild your board after an opposing Wrath.

Batterypowered7 fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Nov 21, 2022

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
God drat the Brothers' War foils look like poo poo. I have some foil proxies I bought on Etsy that are printed just straight into foil cardstock and they look better than the official ones.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Heath posted:

God drat the Brothers' War foils look like poo poo. I have some foil proxies I bought on Etsy that are printed just straight into foil cardstock and they look better than the official ones.

"But please continue to buy official product regardless of quality." --Wizards

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Some new pilot tokens came in

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

Does anyone have recommendations for inner sleeves under Dragon Shields?

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Maigius posted:

KMC Perfect Size

they're consistent/good quality, work well with Dragon Shields, and aren't terribly expensive (like ~$30 per 1k)

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Nerdlord Actual posted:

You want to win the game by dealing conventual combat damage. In this case something like 80 combat damage.

Your creatures cost an okay amount of mana, and you have a decent amount of anthems and force multipliers. I would probably cut some creatures for some more rocks, I'd jam every 2 cost rock in you can, https://www.moxfield.com/decks/Hv8pnTuEo0-CiELajkG-iA ; https://www.moxfield.com/decks/IRjQ0CvB-02Ixhcdc050_Q and I'd jam in some protection from board wipes, I'd cut your board wipes, or if you want to try to arrange asymetric board wipes I'd cut down to the 4 cost ones, drat, damnnation, wrath of god, shatter they sky, keep kaya's wrath, depopulate, those ones, so you could potentially get up to 6 or 7 mana, and then give your creatures indestructible, then board clear.

Your deck is actually pretty good for the gameplan and commander you have, the biggest problem is it is not a very good plan to win the game. You can certainly take some steps to optimize it though, I'm guessing your pod isn't super aggressive so you want to fit in.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Nerdlord Actual posted:

Haakon is like a buck, let's you recur dead Knights. If you add him run Crib Swap and Nameless Inversion to machine gun yoir opponents creatures down.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Maigius posted:

Seconding KMC Perfect Fits. KMC also sells "Perfect Hards", which are thicker and stiffer, but add enough width to your deck that it won't fit in standard deck boxes. I had to get an extra large Gamegenic box to fit the deck I put in Perfect Hards.

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!

Nerdlord Actual posted:

Goons, need some help with this one.

https://www.moxfield.com/decks/uBYnLZYmO0O-OARcbk5DAQ

This is having trouble getting off the ground and I want it to work well. I did get proxies of the most expensive stuff in here, so that's not an issue, i just have problems getting an engine going. Thoughts?

I agree with the previous posters, but if your plan is to win via combat damage, you need a big evasion finisher, something to drop and totally recalculate how much damage you can get through, ideally to the point that you start dropping opponents.

My personal favorites in those colors are Eldrazi Monument, Akroma's Memorial, and Akrmoa's Will (which doubles as board wipe protection).

I would also suggest fitting one or two more enchantment removal spells in there, as the Propaganda suite will shut you down hard, although how often you see those may be playgroup dependent.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
What's a good source online for more spindown dice? I really like them for all sorts of tabletop games as I don't have to hunt for the numbers and none of the LGSs near me have a bucket of them for $0.50 each like they used to.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Spanish Manlove posted:

What's a good source online for more spindown dice? I really like them for all sorts of tabletop games as I don't have to hunt for the numbers and none of the LGSs near me have a bucket of them for $0.50 each like they used to.

Those were the days. A few years ago I managed to get a few of the Dragons of Tarkir prerelease dice for less than a dollar a piece. Later I realized they were going for $10+ a piece.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Cheap bucket dice are usually made by Chessex, so if you can find a vendor for them you may be able to literally buy them by the pound.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Aphrodite posted:

Cheap bucket dice are usually made by Chessex, so if you can find a vendor for them you may be able to literally buy them by the pound.

Those are not spindown dice with sequential faces, which is what I'm looking for

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They definitely make those too.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Spanish Manlove posted:

Etsy maybe?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Aphrodite posted:

They definitely make those too.

I can't find them online unless I want some earrings made out of them

edit: I kid, there are some on etsy but they're mildly expensive at around $2 each

Spanish Manlove fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Nov 22, 2022

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

How many do you want? I'm sure I have a few somewhere you could have.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Spanish Manlove posted:

I can't find them online unless I want some earrings made out of them

edit: I kid, there are some on etsy but they're mildly expensive at around $2 each

the earrings count down just fine it's not like you need to roll them!

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
maybe I'm just old fashioned mutant but I just keep track of life using my fingers and toes. theoretically a problem if i gain too much health but i dont play any life decks.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
It's ill advised to use fingers to track life totals. People give you weird looks and they'll start to smell after a short time.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Khanstant posted:

maybe I'm just old fashioned mutant but I just keep track of life using my fingers and toes. theoretically a problem if i gain too much health but i dont play any life decks.

do you carry around surplus fingers and toes to play commander

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
some people mutate to drink cow milk, some to make weird creatures on board, while others go for the extra digits

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!
CoolStuffInc has a few in stock at $0.50 a piece from various sets.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Who wants an Insect tribal commander?

Would work pretty well with the graveyard synergy insects from 40k commander.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I've wanted to make a new golgari deck and this is entirely my poo poo

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I've been trying to make custom cards for a bear/insect tribal deck and this is either going into the deck or I'm ripping it off for a custom variant.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Grist loves this.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Hell yeah that's going right in my Uurg deck

Unrelated: with people talking about finally getting secret lair stuff I'm just wondering if anybody's heard anything about the Ito/Amano ones?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
You mean the Ito/Shinkawa ones? They weren't schedule to ship until the 28th.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

You mean the Ito/Shinkawa ones? They weren't schedule to ship until the 28th.

Yup that's it, my brain is fried from this cold and I thought it was the 8th, thanks!

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Johnny Truant posted:

Hell yeah that's going right in my Uurg deck

Unrelated: with people talking about finally getting secret lair stuff I'm just wondering if anybody's heard anything about the Ito/Amano ones?

Historically, lairs don't arrive until a few months after ordering them. I guess whenever they decided all sales were final and started demanding payment up front, this pace picked up a bit. I got my Extra Life lair in what felt like a week.

Still waiting on Ito and Space Beyond the Stars, but I wouldn't be surprised if those weren't on my doorstep for another month yet.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Oh man, Rhystic Study reprint in JumpStart. That's nice. Some of that anime art, though. Look at Balan, lmao.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Batterypowered7 posted:

Oh man, Rhystic Study reprint in JumpStart. That's nice. Some of that anime art, though. Look at Balan, lmao.

I posted the Thrashing Brontodon art in the main thread that goes full on fetish art.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I posted the Thrashing Brontodon art in the main thread that goes full on fetish art.

I'll see your Thrashing Brontodon and raise you

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Kurieg posted:

I'll see your Thrashing Brontodon and raise you

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Was watching Prof's deckbox video and came across this card:

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/price/Brothers+War+Commander/Rootpath+Purifier

Rootpath Purifier
Creature — Elf Druid

Lands you control and land cards in your library are basic.

Mythic 3 / 4

It's saying it's in the Brother's War Commander set, but none of the precon commander decks are running green in them and the card isn't in retro frame like the rest of the precons. Am I missing something like it's only found in set boosters?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Yeah, it's only found in Set boosters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
They've really been tapping into the Japanese furry community lately huh